Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    ezgif-3-1584ddac51.gif
    ezgif-3-b31d4fea8c.gif
    1718452C-6993-4D83-9F43-150E244B227F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago

I'm interested to see what you do with the cocktail layout. Seems like its unique short and wide dimensions could allow for a very different type of layout, especially if you get weird with the flipper placements.

3 months later
    #14 1 year ago

What tool(s) do you use for bending your rails?

#16 1 year ago

Yeah I thought of tackling it like that, but also thought about maybe buying a roller for more consistency and smoother bends

Something like this

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Set the rollers to the desired rate of curvature, feed flat metal in and roll it through with the lever

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

0.30" sounds really really thick!
    I don't know if you follow the HEP thread, but he bent some rails around a big weight plate to get a nice curve. buckets or whatever would probably work similarly. [quoted image]

This is what I'll probably do lol. Good enough is one less thing to worry about.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

This could work really good, maybe? I've never seen one before, and hard to justify buying one if you don't know how to use it / how well it'll work

Eh, they're $75

https://www.harborfreight.com/gear-driven-ring-roller-36790.html

They seem great for making a circle

I think I may pick one up

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

I actually own one, but have only ever used it with round rods, not flat stock. it worked OK. heavy little bugger, but doesn't seem really well made like most harbor freight stuff.

Oh well. Back to using old paint cans

3 weeks later
    #44 1 year ago

Neat. Reminds me of the switches JJP introduced on GNR in a few spots. Same sorta sensor that detects when you put your phone up to your face and turns the screen off

1 week later
    #59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Fascinating project and obstacles, but I can't help but ask the obvious: with all the work, constant struggles, and limitations—not to mention the access to the tools you have—why not simply design your own cocktail cabinet? Make a few tweaks to allow for the design you want, and then if you ever want to make another one you don't have to hunt for another donor.
    It's fun to see you problem solve either way.

If you don't set yourself a few arbitrary design limits, where's the fun in coming up with creative solutions?

3 months later
    #118 12 months ago

Are you going to try to tackle a single wound flipper coil on the next game?

#120 12 months ago

I just meant more of a challenge to yourself than practical reasons. Like you're making your own boards, you seem to relish the challenge of designing everything from the ground up. I was also not totally serious about it. (Don't tell me you aren't at least a little intrigued by trying to recreate Stern's magic sauce on their snappy flippers)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cocktail-table-homebrew-theme-tbd?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.