Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    ezgif-3-1584ddac51.gif
    ezgif-3-b31d4fea8c.gif
    1718452C-6993-4D83-9F43-150E244B227F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gornkleschnitzer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

Interesting project! It was fun to follow the poker build so I'll be watching this one as well.

Quoted from pinfarmer:

Should probably be TPB themed.

I think he'd need a $100K whale investor if he wanted to build that one.

4 months later
    #37 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I might have gotten the metal a bit too thin

0.03" is probably fine. That was the size I ordered when I built Undertale. It's not quite as solid as the 0.048" that I used for VB, but I suppose the easier bending is an advantage.

Just watch for unsupported ends, which will spring back a surprising amount when hit by a ball. The art scratched off this plastic is how far the Hotland passage wall bounced inwards from random ball hits. About 1/4 inch. However, it did still keep its shape; if it wasn't tight enough to damage the plastic, it would have been all right.
    e4bd08a7a1a5db994f011505de9c863545230c09 (resized).jpge4bd08a7a1a5db994f011505de9c863545230c09 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #50 1 year ago

I love your lane switch design, especially considering its similarity to something I thought of but never prototyped. My idea would have been an eddy sensor version but still with the built-in light.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I'd love to use an eddy sensor too if I could find one small enough to fit in the same profile. I found one cool looking chip that could actually use a small coil drawn on the pcb to do detection but it's been out of stock forever and there's no other comparable chips which gives me pause

I was briefly browsing the Mouser catalog to see if I could find anything of value, but didn't end up seeing much on that or how to actually design an eddy sensor circuit. It seemed like there are quite a few supporting components needed, which gave me some pause. I do wonder if it would be feasible to build a more focused sensor from scratch (along the same lines as the trough sensor in TZ) with some magnet wire and a 3D printed spool. Maybe throw on an ATTiny and have it watch an analog input.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gornkleschnitzer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cocktail-table-homebrew-theme-tbd?tu=Gornkleschnitzer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.