(Topic ID: 120295)

Coca Cola Pinball machine... Interesting...

By spfxted

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by scampcamp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

coke 2.jpg
    coke pin 1.jpg
    vendo-81-pop-machine.jpg
    CC pinball 2.jpg
    CC Pinball.jpg
    coke.jpg

#2 4 years ago

but the question is... would you allow it in an ifpa sanctioned event?

#3 4 years ago

It is really just a tiny novelty Musical bank-way smaller than pictures. There is another one that is bigger that looks interesting. I also saw an antique brass one once but cant find any pictures.

CC Pinball.jpg CC pinball 2.jpg
    #4 4 years ago

What does it do? Does it actually fire a ball?...or just push a button and music plays...

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

What does it do

#6 4 years ago

That thing would sharpen up those flipper skills right quick!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

It is really just a tiny novelty Musical bank-way smaller than pictures. There is another one that is bigger that looks interesting. I also saw an antique brass one once but cant find any pictures.

CC Pinball.jpg
    CC pinball 2.jpg

Look for the video then...

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

There is another one that is bigger that looks interesting. I also saw an antique brass one once but cant find any pictures.

That's the Franklin Mint version from 96/97.

ebay.com link

#11 4 years ago

The Coke logo is on a zillion things! I was actually hoping this was a real pin! How naive of me! Ha

#12 4 years ago

The Coke Vendo 81D is the coke machine I want... The problem is that you don't need one of those things at all, just pure aesthetics...

vendo-81-pop-machine.jpg

#13 4 years ago

That's a cool machine, like it.

#14 4 years ago

The "larger" CocaCola pinball toy is actually a re-theme of TOMY Astro Shooter, which you can find a massive amount of information on here: http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/toys/astroshooter/astroshooter.html

I happen to have one of the Astro Shooter toys. They're a bit bigger than they look and play surprisingly well for what is ultimately a kid's toy. : )

#15 4 years ago

yup Gemini, was going to say the same, they're little mechanical marvels with everything being run from one little DC motor.. I think TOMY should re-visit the concept, 30-50% larger with 2 motors and active slingshots, maybe even an upper pf for dual level popcaps?

have a couple Astro's and more recently "American" is just cooler looking to me.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

The Coke Vendo 81D is the coke machine I want... The problem is that you don't need one of those things at all, just pure aesthetics...
    vendo-81-pop-machine.jpg

I have a vendo glass door 56 and a newer 44 made by wurlitzer. Love the old restored soda machines.

#17 4 years ago

Me too, but the last one I saw cost over $2k!

#18 4 years ago

The old coke machines were once very easy to find. 25 years ago I would go find one,restore it and make a couple of bucks but these days even the crappy ones people think they are gold and want a fortune for them.

#19 4 years ago

Yes! About 35 years ago in Virginia I found a gas station (stopped for bathroom break) that had about 20 of them in the back of the place. Nice shape too. I asked about them and he said take as many as you want for $50 each! No place to put one in the car!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from creyes82:

Look for the video then...

Quoted from RobertWinter:

That's the Franklin Mint version from 96/97.

Yea I was not referring to that one but yet another one much larger that I saw in an ad in a antique store once. It looked like it was made in 1940's-1950's? May be one of a kind? If anyone has seen one or has pictures I am curious.

#21 4 years ago

Holy crap, PINMISTER...it's a real pinball machine!!

#22 4 years ago
    coke pin 1.jpg
    #23 4 years ago

Funny you say that,I bought a bunch from a guy in NY just like that in or around 1985. I picked up 5 of them,to bad they are not that easy to find anymore. Wish I still had more left.

#25 4 years ago

Black Knight?

#26 4 years ago

Clearly. ; )

Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

yup Gemini, was going to say the same, they're little mechanical marvels with everything being run from one little DC motor.. I think TOMY should re-visit the concept, 30-50% larger with 2 motors and active slingshots, maybe even an upper pf for dual level popcaps?
    have a couple Astro's and more recently "American" is just cooler looking to me.

I actually would've preferred the "American Pinball" version just because of the retro styling, though I ended up getting a good deal on an eBay auction for the Astro Shooter I ended up with.

TOMY is still around too (technically, I think they merged with another company or something) so I have to wonder what's stopping them from making more toys like these. *shrugs*

#27 4 years ago

I'll trade my nice original Vendo 81B Coke machine for your nice KISS & Fish Tales pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 12.50
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 119.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.95
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 41.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside