(Topic ID: 216046)

COBRA KAI: The Series... S1 NOW STREAMING FREE! Who’s watching it?

By c508

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_152571989714655 (resized).jpeg
dlpic (resized).jpg
ADA62103-0A20-48A8-BFB5-2E643A2E8717 (resized).jpeg
Jay North (resized).jpg
FOL (resized).jpg
baby-rattle (resized).jpg
IMAG0247 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180412-184341 (resized).png
248FE298-F581-44CA-92A2-A6EEF75CE5DB (resized).jpeg
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago

But when do we get to see the damn secret miyagi kick?? They even left carrots for next season.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

But when do we get to see the damn secret miyagi kick?? They even left carrots for next season.

Uh, Johnny’s kid did it in the last episode. That’s how he won. You should watch episode 10, it was awesome!

#103 5 years ago

This show is rad! Binge watched it but saved the last episode for tonight so we could celebrate with some Banquets in style!

ADA62103-0A20-48A8-BFB5-2E643A2E8717 (resized).jpegADA62103-0A20-48A8-BFB5-2E643A2E8717 (resized).jpeg

#104 5 years ago

awesome pic!

#105 5 years ago

This was way better than I was expecting. Zabka is actually a pretty good actor. Some beats were slightly predictable and it felt a bit rushed in order to make ten 30 minute episodes, but it definitely went with a more interesting bend on things. That stinger of an ending on the last episode when you-know-who showed up was unexpected and makes me curious how season 2 will progress. Yes, season 2 was officially confirmed. 3 out of 4 cobras.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

That stinger of an ending on the last episode when you-know-who showed up was unexpected and makes me curious how season 2 will progress.

I thought they were dead in real life for whatever reason so my mind was definitely blown! Anyone know when season 2 is coming?

#107 5 years ago

Pretty good series. Pleasantly surprised on the direction, how well Johnny can act, and the casting overall.

#108 5 years ago

This is rad. Cant believe it. Going to watch the shit out of this show. I was a Karate Kid freak growing up.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Anyone know when season 2 is coming?

Sometime in 2019 unfortunately

2 weeks later
#110 5 years ago

My wife and I just finished it last night. I thought it was really good, far better than it had any right to be. I like that they mentioned Terry Silver from the third movie. Since that one doesn't get a lot of respect, it was cool that they included it.

My wife mostly thought it was corny, and lamented how Ralph Maccio, her high school crush, had gotten old. Geez, tough crowd.

I hope Elizabeth Shue comes in next year, along with Terry Silver at some point.

Maybe save the Japanese guy for season 3.

#111 5 years ago

Wow - what a great show! I never even heard of the Cobra Kai series until I read about it here on Pinside, nor did I know of YouTube Red. I've always liked the Karate Kid series (well, the "The Next Karate Kid" and the 2010 remake w/ Jackie Chan not so much...) but really didn't think the premise would hold after 30 years or so. Boy, was I wrong. Great writing, great directing and great acting. Now I can't wait for Season 2!

#112 5 years ago

So you have to have a you tube red membership in order to watch the rest of the first season? I think I saw the full first and second episodes on you tube but can’t watch the rest of the episodes. You have to pay for you tube red?

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So you have to have a you tube red membership in order to watch the rest of the first season? I think I saw the full first and second episodes on you tube but can’t watch the rest of the episodes. You have to pay for you tube red?

You don't HAVE to pay to download movies ever.......

#114 5 years ago

Love it

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Youtube PREMIUM. The "Red" moniker is gone. However, there's not much there, so dunno why they're marketing it as Premium.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

First month is a free trial. Sign up and then cancel before the end of the month and you don’t have to pay anything.

#117 5 years ago

That’s what I did...will sign up again for season 2

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Youtube PREMIUM. The "Red" moniker is gone. However, there's not much there, so dunno why they're marketing it as Premium.

My son said the big draw is with Red/Premium you can run the app in the background............Joey

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

My son said the big draw is with Red/Premium you can run the app in the background............Joey

Why would anyone want to do that?

I watched ep1/2 last night. I liked it, I'd probably watch more, but a quick update feels like all I really need into that world.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Why would anyone want to do that?

I use the feature to listen to YouTube Podcasts while in the car.

When my phone locks, the podcast keeps streaming.

Marcus

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is worth the $10 just to get rid of commercials on youtube. The premium content is just a bonus. Also, having access to most music through the included Google Play music (getting rebranded as youtube music) makes it easily one of the best deals to be had.

I think someone finally figured out how close their paid service was named to Redtube, and decided to make a change.

#123 5 years ago

I didn't know people were using youtube as their preferred music app.

Quoted from Nexyss:

Also, having access to most music through the included Google Play music (getting rebranded as youtube music) makes it easily one of the best deals to be had.

I also didn't know this. I was a google play subscriber previously, and I was pretty happy with it overall, but preferred spotify. Having a sub to youtube "premium" may swing me back the other way..

Are there NO ads on premium?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

It is worth the $10 just to get rid of commercials on youtube. The premium content is just a bonus. Also, having access to most music through the included Google Play music (getting rebranded as youtube music) makes it easily one of the best deals to be had.
I think someone finally figured out how close their paid service was named to Redtube, and decided to make a change.

You can get rid of most commercials on regular youtube for free with an ad blocker.

#125 5 years ago

I also didn't know this. I was a google play subscriber previously, and I was pretty happy with it overall, but preferred spotify. Having a sub to youtube "premium" may swing me back the other way..

I use Apple Music myself, but YouTube is great for listening to bootlegs and live stuff that often isn’t found on the major subscription services.

Since I did the trial, it’s nice having no ads and letting stuff play in the background. The other day, I rocked out to an early NIN demo (Purest Feeling) and then the fanmade “...And Justice for Jason” Metallica mix.

I still use Apple Music WAY more, but it’s cool having another option for oddball stuff.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I use Apple Music myself, but YouTube is great for listening to bootlegs and live stuff that often isn’t found on the major subscription services.
Since I did the trial, it’s nice having no ads and letting stuff play in the background. The other day, I rocked out to an early NIN demo (Purest Feeling) and then the fanmade “...And Justice for Jason” Metallica mix.
I still use Apple Music WAY more, but it’s cool having another option for oddball stuff.

I switched to Apple Music when it came out, but went back to google when YouTube red started. I didn’t mind Apple at all, but since google was basically free with YouTube, it was an easy decision.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can get rid of most commercials on regular youtube for free with an ad blocker.

There is decent content on YouTube, and they get paid by the ads. I don’t mind paying 10/mo to keep the money coming in while I avoid ads.

#128 5 years ago

Yeah, all the ads are gone with premium.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

There is decent content on YouTube, and they get paid by the ads. I don’t mind paying 10/mo to keep the money coming in while I avoid ads.

Youtube is making plenty of money, whether or not you block their ever-more-intrusive ads.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I like that they mentioned Terry Silver from the third movie. Since that one doesn't get a lot of respect, it was cool that they included it.
My wife mostly thought it was corny, and lamented how Ralph Maccio, her high school crush, had gotten old. Geez, tough crowd.

I missed the mention of the third movie, what was it?

I thought Ralph looked crazy good since it has been what, thirty+ years since the movies?

#131 5 years ago

one of the best put together series in a while/ Loved it. , Watched it twice

#132 5 years ago

Can someone walk me through how to download this series off YouTube red to watch offline? I can’t find the button that does this and want my wife to watch the series on an upcoming flight we have. I have the YouTube red membership.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I missed the mention of the third movie, what was it?
I thought Ralph looked crazy good since it has been what, thirty+ years since the movies?

The reasoning behind the cobra kai ban from the tournament were the actions of Terry Silver and John Kreese in the 3rd movie.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can someone walk me through how to download this series off YouTube red to watch offline? I can’t find the button that does this and want my wife to watch the series on an upcoming flight we have. I have the YouTube red membership.

There is a download button below the video when playing it in the mobile app. Start the video, then click the download button.

#135 5 years ago

I binge watched the whole first season in one day. It was that good.

#136 5 years ago

Episode 9 was awesome. Very predictable but great.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I binge watched the whole first season in one day. It was that good.

I agree. Knocked out the whole season yesterday

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

There is a download button below the video when playing it in the mobile app. Start the video, then click the download button.

Hi. We’ve been looking for that button and can’t seem to locate where it may be. Perhaps downloads are not allowed in our present location.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Hi. We’ve been looking for that button and can’t seem to locate where it may be. Perhaps downloads are not allowed in our present location.

dlpic (resized).jpgdlpic (resized).jpg
#140 5 years ago

Thanks Nexyss We are missing that download button, must not be available in Greece. We moved our WiFi router to get access and watched four episodes last night. I’m so impressed with this show. Thank you.

10 months later
#141 4 years ago

Anyone see the new season yet??

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone see the new season yet??

My wife and I binged the second season over the course of two days. It wasn't as good as the first season, but we still really enjoyed it. The whole series is so silly and ridiculous, but there is something super compelling about it. I can't wait for season 3!

#143 4 years ago

Season 2 was great. Not perfect but very enjoyable. Fans of the movie will certainly enjoy.

#144 4 years ago

After watching both seasons, I've come to the conclusion that Zabka is actually a better actor than Macchio.

#145 4 years ago

Just finished season 2. Agree it isn’t as good as 1 but still rad. So...do we think Elizabeth Shue is showing up next year or what?

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After watching both seasons, I've come to the conclusion that Zabka is actually a better actor than Macchio.

He absolutely is - but they have chemistry and you can’t pretend that

3 months later
#147 4 years ago
1 year later
#148 3 years ago

Season 3 was great. For those that haven’t watched, all three seasons are on Netflix.

#149 3 years ago

We binged season 3 today. This is how we watched it.

received_152571989714655 (resized).jpegreceived_152571989714655 (resized).jpeg
#150 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

We binged season 3 today. This is how we watched it.
[quoted image]

Nicely done! That’s awesome.

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cobra-kai-the-series-who%e2%80%99s-watching-it/page/3?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.