(Topic ID: 216046)

COBRA KAI: The Series... S1 NOW STREAMING FREE! Who’s watching it?

By c508

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_152571989714655 (resized).jpeg
dlpic (resized).jpg
ADA62103-0A20-48A8-BFB5-2E643A2E8717 (resized).jpeg
Jay North (resized).jpg
FOL (resized).jpg
baby-rattle (resized).jpg
IMAG0247 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180412-184341 (resized).png
248FE298-F581-44CA-92A2-A6EEF75CE5DB (resized).jpeg
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

Best sequel to date!

None of them will ever top the original Karate Kid though!

*Update (8/30/19) S1 NOW STREAMING FREE:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-entire-first-season-of-cobra-kai-is-free-to-stream-1837719718

#2 5 years ago

248FE298-F581-44CA-92A2-A6EEF75CE5DB (resized).jpeg248FE298-F581-44CA-92A2-A6EEF75CE5DB (resized).jpeg

#3 5 years ago

This thing makes me kind of sad.

#4 5 years ago

Does Mr. Miyagi hit the dude with a cane this time?

#5 5 years ago

Watched the first two episodes, highly enjoyable (maybe I had low expectations, don’t know).

I am going to subscribe to youtube red to finish the season

#6 5 years ago

Didn't know it was out yet. I'll def give it a look although that pic on post #2 - hmmmmmm. It's like the Karate Kid left work and went directly to this guys place to kick his ass. Kind of respect that.

#7 5 years ago

LTG : )

#8 5 years ago

Yeah IMHO “You Tube Red” is Netflix wannabe that’s even behind Hulu and Crackle...

This is their attempt to get serious about producing original content, but not enough to hook me beyond binge watching COBRA KAI with my free trial!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does Mr. Miyagi hit the dude with a cane this time?

Pat Morita died in 2005.

#10 5 years ago

The first two episodes are free if anyone wants to try the show out

#11 5 years ago

Episode 1 was great!

#12 5 years ago

I went to the premier in theaters and saw the first two episodes along with the original Karate Kid movie. Fun times. First two episodes were pretty good. I want to watch the rest of it.

Screenshot_20180412-184341 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180412-184341 (resized).png

IMAG0247 (resized).jpgIMAG0247 (resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pat Morita died in 2005.

That would explain why there hasn't been any Happy Days sequels lately.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pat Morita died in 2005.

I don't think that factored into the joke!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Exactly the opposite. This put a really twisted smile on my face. I can taste the cheesy goodness already.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why does it not surprise me you’d be the killjoy on this?

#16 5 years ago

Just saw episode one. holy shit - blown away by how much I enjoyed it. Seriously - really good. I'm in!

#17 5 years ago

I watched both at work. I'm subscribing to watch the rest..

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Why does it not surprise me you’d be the killjoy on this?

Like I’m the only one who ever bitches about anything around here?

I just can’t believe we are now scraping the nostalgia barrel so pathetically low that it’s considered an event to see a couple 55-year old karate kids go at it.

But hey enjoy! I’m still holding out for the Facts of Life reunion.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

» YouTube video

True so true!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just can’t believe we are now scraping the nostalgia barrel so pathetically low that it’s considered an event to see a couple 55-year old karate kids go at it.

Nostalgia is king now, and I couldn’t be happier.

For crying out loud, this hobby seems to depend on it.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nostalgia is king now, and I couldn’t be happier.

No doubt! Look what I just found on e-bay.

baby-rattle (resized).jpgbaby-rattle (resized).jpg

#22 5 years ago

Watched the first two episodes. It was awesome!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Be careful what you wish for....they've already made Fuller House!

#24 5 years ago

Watched the first 4 episodes and loved it. It's worth giving it a try.

#25 5 years ago

So I just binged 4 episodes. I'm really amazed that they were able to hook me into this. I am a fan of the movie and everything 80s but I didn't see this coming. It's really good.

#26 5 years ago

I have just watched the first two eps and I must say, Johnny Lawrence is amazing! He has some great lines talking to the kid. I hope machio gets his ass kicked in the end. No way a weenie like that could beat Johnny!

#27 5 years ago

Watched the first two episodes, I’m hooked! They did a great job on it.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m still holding out for the Facts of Life reunion.

Pinside- where your living in the past dreams come true!

FOL (resized).jpgFOL (resized).jpg

#29 5 years ago

I was never a fan of that franchise -- there is no way Ralph wins that all-valley match back in 1984 after the beating he took earlier in the match, and I'm sorry you can't master martial arts in a year... No matter how hard you train. Nice Hollywood ending, no thanks...

But THIS... is awesome.
-mof

#30 5 years ago

Watching right now...AWESOME! I always liked Johnny and this just confirms it.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

and I'm sorry you can't master martial arts in a year...

Let us not forget the crane kick - "if do right, no can defense" .

It takes a big guy to fight out of the crane stance. And you could always just throw yourself at him, over he goes.

#32 5 years ago

This is great stuff, at least the first 2 episodes were...cant wait to see the rest.

Well free month trial here I come... growing up in the 80s this is a must watch!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Let us not forget the crane kick - "if do right, no can defense" .
It takes a big guy to fight out of the crane stance. And you could always just throw yourself at him, over he goes.

Agreed.

The "crane stance" is a back leg front kick. One of the most easiest kicks to defend against because you can see it 5 miles away. Nobody uses it in touranments, let alone any back leg kick.

We do say "Sweep the Leg".

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Agreed.
The "crane stance" is a back leg front kick. One of the most easiest kicks to defend against because you can see it 5 miles away.

Not if you “do right”.

Besides, he tried it in the second movie and was swatted away easily. In the third, his new “seinsi” mocked it.

At least they didn’t have him keep using it to defeat his enemies.

#35 5 years ago

I have seen the trailers. I definitely want to check out the series.

#36 5 years ago

The only thing that bothers me about it is that its not appropriate for kids. It would have been fun to share it with the younger generation.

However, I understand that their target audience is probably the folks that watched the original back in 1984

#37 5 years ago

I just started watching last night and it is pretty good but I can see why it is not appropriate for younger kids.

#38 5 years ago

I watched the first season, for me it's like an 8 out of 10. I'll definitely be watching season 2.

#39 5 years ago

Watched the first episode. I'm hooked. Very well done.

#40 5 years ago

The show gets better and better with each episode. We were going to give it a pass just for the nostalgia factor, but it turns out it’s a really entertaining, VERY layered show. Wow

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The show gets better and better with each episode. We were going to give it a pass just for the nostalgia factor, but it turns out it’s a really entertaining, VERY layered show. Wow

I applaud them for doing this - I thought it was a joke when I first saw the announcement. Decent writing (and acting surprisingly) so far.... after 1 episode.

#42 5 years ago

Very well done with great writing and story line. Old school toughness meets today’s softer PC society....but relevant to how bullying happens nowadays. Glad they used the Cobra Kai name instead of “Karate Kid something”. I signed up for YT red because of this show, so kudos to them.

#43 5 years ago

I'm loving the show... only watched 5 episodes so far but really enjoying the story and how all the tables have turned. Very clever and I really cant imagine how they would have done it any better.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I applaud them for doing this - I thought it was a joke when I first saw the announcement. Decent writing (and acting surprisingly) so far.... after 1 episode.

The first 2 episodes were the worst, surprisingly. It gets really good / layered in 3/4/5

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Agree 100%! Not sure I've heard anyone NOT like it. Pretty impressive. Episode 9 - HOLY SHIT that was good!

#46 5 years ago

I was about 9 years old when the first movie came out.
I remember going to school after opening weekend and a bunch of kids at school were talking about the Karate Kid and how they went and saw it.
By the time the following week rolled around just about everybody in my class had seen it.
Within a month nearly ever male student in my class was enrolled in Karate.

#47 5 years ago

Im intentionally not going to watch this (at this time) knowing that my wife is going to point it out to me and want to watch it.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Im intentionally not going to watch this (at this time) knowing that my wife is going to point it out to me and want to watch it.

So uh.. here’s a thought - you could mention it to your wife

#49 5 years ago

Crap... when is season 2 coming out???

I started it this morning at 8am and was hooked so copied few episodes on my phone to watch in the background at work and just finished the last episode now. I am a sucker for anything 80's as well and I think they did a great job. I always thought these Cobra Kai trailers I saw on the sides were just fan made and was never going to turn into a real series.

#50 5 years ago

I binged it today. The first two episodes convinced me to give YT Red a chance.

I really loved the finale. It definitely set up a season 2. Zabka kills it in this series. Love the Cobras and I am definitely loving the way everything is gray rather than black and white with regards to hero and villain.

Now, what else should I watch on YT Red? Any suggestions?

Marcus

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cobra-kai-the-series-who%e2%80%99s-watching-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.