(Topic ID: 294540)

Coast to coast shipping g

By Zholter

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

So I live on the west coast but all the pins I want seem to be on the east coast. Have got a few quotes but was wondering who you would use for shipping that far.

#2 2 years ago

STI. Their price fluctuates a little depending on the stated value of the game (and thus, the insurance), but coast to coast roughly $500-$575. Probably take two weeks door-to-door, but longer if one of the locations is very rural, or there's weather related events slowing things down.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

STI. Their price fluctuates a little depending on the stated value of the game (and thus, the insurance), but coast to coast roughly $500-$575. Probably take two weeks door-to-door, but longer if one of the locations is very rural, or there's weather related events slowing things down.

I cringe at STI, seen them destroy too many games and deny insurance on them.

Bob Cunningham was great but he retired and unsure of his company status right now.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I cringe at STI, seen them destroy too many games and deny insurance on them.
    Bob Cunningham was great but he retired and unsure of his company status right now.

His son or someone took over, so he's still in business, but it could take months to get a game from him. Everyone has their own experiences, but the only thing that ever happened to any of my pins either shipped or received via STI was a foot bent on one of the legs. This is out of about 40 pins. Maybe I've had good luck, but they've been great for me. Their shipping times were erratic last year, but so was everything else in the world.

#5 2 years ago

VALIS666 thank you for the info if that price is correct it would be almost half the other quotes I got.

#6 2 years ago

STI prices are escalating. It’s been $450-500 for the last couple years. I was surprised with a quote to ship from PA to TX was $610. Ouch!

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

coast to coast roughly $500-$575

All shipping prices have gone up and I don't see them ever coming back to those numbers.
    You might find someone in the $900 area for that distance.
    -Mike

#8 2 years ago

I just shipped 3 pins from Texas to LA $722

It was originally $531 for 2 games then upped it to 3. With STI through Michelle. All via email from Australia, her reputation is deserved as I had responses fast and always knew what was going on. My games were prepped by the seller all superbly wrapped and palletted by @marioparty34. Highly recommended seller and all round great guy to deal with.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

All shipping prices have gone up and I don't see them ever coming back to those numbers.
    You might find someone in the $900 area for that distance.
    -Mike

I sent my TSPP (insured for $7200) from me to Redondo Beach, CA about a month ago for $570. Currently getting a cocktail pin (insured $1000) from Chicago area to me for $445. Their prices seem the same to me. Which is a bit surprising with rising gas prices, but I'm not complaining.

#11 2 years ago

Can anybody recommend a Bob Cunningham type of guy who services the West Coast - in particular California?

#12 2 years ago

The Simpson's Pinball Party

#13 2 years ago

With Michelle- do you specifically ask for insurance at ‘x’ amount, or is that assumed when she asks what the value of the game is that’s being shipped?

I arranged shipping but realized all I got was a tracking number.. no signed paperwork or anything. I stated a value.. so it’s in writing in an email.. hoping that’s enough in the event of needing to make a claim.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

Can anybody recommend a Bob Cunningham type of guy who services the West Coast - in particular California?

I've been told Chris Fox of Sly Fox Shipping is solid. Maybe check the CA for sale thread for contact?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coast-to-coast-shipping-g- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.