(Topic ID: 90300)

Coast 2 Coast Pinball Podcast - Selling Out!!

By acef

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DarkTruth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

attaboy.jpg
    Christopher-Walken.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

I have listened to many of the Coast to Coast pinball podcast but have really noticed how Nate has been more & more trying to act like he's just a regular guy who's into pinball like you & me are but has had this passive/fake attitude when he mentions the pins he wants to sell & when he obviously is using his podcasts to get the machines he wants & expects to pay you a low price because he is Nate Shivers!!

I can just imagine him & his dingy girlfriend Terassa sitting around laughing at us & trying to figure out how to sell us cheap t-shirts & how to get machines cheap...

Ok.... I may be wrong in some of the things I've mentioned but the last 5-10 podcasts make it seem very clear what's he is going for.

#2 5 years ago

Bad call. Nate is a really good dude. Find something worthwhile to whine about.

#3 5 years ago

Less than 1 month on Pinside and you go after a heavy hitter? I met Nate at MGC and was a very humble, down to earth, very passionate pinball guy. His podcast is one of the best along with John's arcade and Gameroom Junkies. I never picked up on smugness on his podcast. Never picked up on smugness in person. Most of us collectors love talking about great deals. Maybe that bugs you?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from acef:

I have listened to many of the Coast to Coast pinball podcast but have really noticed how Nate has been more & more trying to act like he's just a regular guy who's into pinball like you & me are but has had this passive/fake attitude when he mentions the pins he wants to sell & when he obviously is using his podcasts to get the machines he wants & expects to pay you a low price because he is Nate Shivers!!

....and did you really want to call anyone else in the world "dingy" after throwing this bad boy of a run-on sentence out there?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

....and did you really want to call anyone else in the world "dingy" after throwing this bad boy of a run-on sentence out there?

It was pretty impressive tho.

#6 5 years ago

Nate is a good guy with a very entertaining podcast. If you don't like the podcast don't listen.......and don't deal pins with him........and by all means don't insult his girlfriend!!! That's just not cool!..............I have a feeling though that you will listen to the next 10 podcasts, and the 10 after that........enjoy it man....it's pinball.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from acef:

I can just imagine him & his dingy girlfriend Terassa

Super rude and really uncalled for, how would you feel if someone said something like that about someone you cared about.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Super rude and really uncalled for, how would you feel if someone said something like that about someone you cared about.

Look at the guys previous posts. Just signed up to troll and whine. I see another short membership here gents.

#9 5 years ago

How much time have you spent helping this hobby move forward?

#10 5 years ago

A Noob with an obvious agenda. I mean c'mon! You join Pinside and you're first contribution is to dump on a guys Podcast show!? Get a life dude.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

A Noob with an obvious agenda. I mean c'mon! You join Pinside and you're first contribution is to dump on a guys Podcast show!? Get a life dude.

Actually, his first contribution was to rip on a local pinball establishment:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fargo-pinball-tilt-pinball-rip-off

Come to think of it, pretty much everything he's posted so far has been negative and trolling in nature.

#12 5 years ago

I'm not surprised. Best thing to do with a person like that is to stay away.

#13 5 years ago

Really don't understand where this came from. I've been on the show a couple of times and listened to every episode since the beginning. Nate has always struck me as a straight up guy. He doesn't try to promote himself to get free stuff or even seek out sponsors so he can be honest with his opinions.

Plus, Theresa is super-awesome. She entertained us for an hour just giving her Pinball Brackets picks back in March.

Hopefully Nate is ignoring this dude and getting the next C2C ready for us eager pinheads. Keep it up Nate!

#14 5 years ago

Ignore him. He clearly has an agenda. Just look at his post history.

#15 5 years ago

Nate's an awesome guy with a great podcast. I'm grateful he contributes his time and talent to our hobby. This community is very fortunate to have him AND Theresa.

#16 5 years ago

Wow, Nate is a great guy and great for the hobby! He gives us hours of FREE entertainment! Shame on you and your terrible assumptions. I have talked with him several times via email and even on the podcast. Keep your incorrect comments to yourself!

Nate, ignore this dude, you are awesome man!

#17 5 years ago

WOW...now that's the way to make friends and influence people........NOT! Some peoples kids.

#18 5 years ago

Wow, just wow. I have never met Nate but I enjoy ever podcast and look forward to them.
    I don't know the op of this thread and don't want to.
    Bad form old man. Be a positive force for pinball or go away.
    Nate, all the best to you and keep the podcasts coming.

#19 5 years ago

Coast to coast is a great podcast, why knock a guy for loving pinball and trying to fill a collection. Why go after his girlfriend though that's cowardly of you pal.

#20 5 years ago

Pinside 1, Troll 0.

#21 5 years ago

I look forward to hearing about this thread on the next podcast Now I have to come up with a witty comment so I can get some airtime...

#22 5 years ago

The things people will do to get their 15 seconds of internet fame....

#23 5 years ago

Well you are of course allowed an opinion, but i could care less if he has other motives. It is enjoyable listening.
    The only reason i gave you a thumbs down was the shot at his girlfriend. Bad form. are you Frank?

#24 5 years ago

Please stop ace. I highly doubt Nate started a podcast with some master plan to get games on the cheep. And if so, than good on him, cause his pod is pretty good and FREE. If you want to play some pins n grab a drink give me a pm. But don't make us that are from Fargo look like a bunch of pricks please. We just got a damn pin hall, lets not act as though we don't want others to come enjoy it.

#25 5 years ago

Praise Nate. IMHO without the Coast 2 Coast podcast pinball's popularity might not have increased. Add in the fact that he interviews pinball creators and heads all around the US in search of pinball and you've got someone awesome who loves his hobby!

Theresa... she is funny and cool

#26 5 years ago

I'm ignoring this creep but at least this post has turned into a celebration of c2c pinball, which is deservedly lauded as a wonderful contribution to this hobby. Thanks Nate (and Theresa...and please try and beat Nate at Twilight Zone!)

#27 5 years ago

Hey OP...

Coast 2 Coast is a fantastic podcast...just as Nate is a fantastic ambassador for our hobby. And you're going to take swings at his girlfriend on a public forum?

Gotta love the internet, where cowards hide behind their screens pound away crap like this.

To Nate: You rock, brother. Love the show...keep'em coming!!!!

#28 5 years ago

Ok I'm apologize. Your right. My posts have been on the negative side. I will stop taking it out on here when I'm having a bad day.

Teresa.. Your not dingy... I'm sorry for saying that.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from acef:

I can just imagine him & his dingy girlfriend Terassa sitting around laughing at us & trying to figure out how to sell us cheap t-shirts & how to get machines cheap...
    Ok.... I may be wrong in some of the things I've mentioned but the last 5-10 podcasts make it seem very clear what's he is going for.

Wow, way to shit on a asset to the community. Your points have no merit, go look at yourself in the mirror a bit.please ignore this lame post Nate, this is not the majority.

#30 5 years ago

Ace wrote -Ok I'm apologize. Your right. My posts have been on the negative side. I will stop taking it out on here when I'm having a bad day.

Teresa.. Your not dingy... I'm sorry for saying that.

#31 5 years ago

Self quote epic fail.

Just because you're going to post an apology that seems half-baked and quote it back don't think for a second that you're going to get off that easy. Take it from someone that's been 'permabanned' from a forum TWICE and had it lifted.... I've said way worse things to people than what you posted here, but let's be honest... I don't think anyone is going to buy your apology. Just do yourself a favor. Delete this account, start a new one, and try not to be as much of a "Dick of the Day" the second time around...

Oh, and by the way, nobody HAS to sell a pin for a price they don't want to. If they have an issue with the price someone is offering and still sold it, clearly they didn't have the spine to say no, or were okay with the price.

#32 5 years ago

I'm sorry that Nate apparently didn't sell that JD to you at the price you offered for it.

#33 5 years ago

This thread better be on Forum Static on the next show

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from acef:

Get a life and go troll somewhere else dude..

Nate is one of the biggest contributors right now to the pinball community. IMHO, it is the best pinball podcast out there and he seems to spend A LOT of his free time putting together each episode for all of us to enjoy Nate, keep up the great work!

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I'm sorry that Nate apparently didn't sell that JD to you at the price you offered for it.

hehe, that is the first thing I thought as well. I believe Nate sent the guy a picture of the cash he got for the JD

#36 5 years ago

Yup, just heard yesterday, and thought I bet that guy will go post and whine about it.

Check.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from CMCVT1979:

hehe, that is the first thing I thought as well. I believe Nate sent the guy a picture of the cash he got for the JD

Lowballers Lament.
    To be honest it coulda used a little more cowbell.

Christopher-Walken.jpg

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from CMCVT1979:

Lol!
    attaboy.jpg

#39 5 years ago

Yes I'm new to pinside and I wouldn't have the gall to insult this tight community.
    Through the eighties I spent my time hunting quarters and living in arcades. This was escapism from the bullies at my middle school. My God, it looks like they have found me (us).
    Those comments are from a hate monger. Please think of others before you post your hate.
    C2C is fantastic. Keep them coming Nate, please.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.00
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 137.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside