Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Apex
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    comb-the-desert.gif
    C2C1 (resized).jpg
    C2C2 (resized).jpg
    Opera Snapshot_2022-11-10_152349_web.archive.org (resized).png
    c2cweb.jpg
    C2C_Logo.jpg
    PZ.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Seraph.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 1 year ago

(rebranded page in 2022... sorry pinball peeps... maybe stick around?)

Seems weird to rebrand instead of starting something new. Trying to leverage the...(peeks at page)...1.3K existing users, I guess?

Apparently I'd subscribed previously, but I honestly can't remember what was there before. Wasn't the "Pinball with the Pros" content there? It seems a shame to have that vanish.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm just bummed how much of his content is gone now. I think it's an important part of pinball history, especially some of his interviews. Roger Sharpe gave him some very valuable things to share with the community that aren't around now either.

Wait, the podcasts are now gone, too? The Roger Sharpe stuff was great. And even some of the less savory stuff--your JPops, Skit-Bs, etc.--made for very interesting listening and gave a good insight into the history of where we are now in the homebrew/boutique/prepay market.

I can understand wanting to move on and perhaps either not caring about maintaining old things or intentionally wanting them to shuffle off because they are overly personal. It is a very big loss for the community, though. No doubt someone (or a few someones) have old episodes lying around in their podcatchers and we'll see them surface again, but it's really amazing and kind of disturbing how a big chunk of history can just vanish.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is any of it archived on the
    "Wayback machine" internet archive.
    https://archive.org/web/

Some, but not much. At least not much that I've found.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Nate is a very nice guy, he interviewed me back in 2016, looks like that was episode 214. I'm not really personally sad it's apparently gone now, not like I'm ever going to listen to it (hearing my own interviews is like water torture, hard pass). But it's bizarre to wipe things and use the same channel for a travel blog.
    Just goes to show, things on the internet can be ephemeral. If Robin ever decided one day to turn this into a travel forum and wiped it all think of the history we'd lose ...

Funny that you chimed in now. I just happened to pluck episode 180 from archive.org and had it on in the background and you got a shout out re: this old thread around 10 minutes in.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That’s promising. I get a ‘bucket does not exist’ error. But at least one is there for some people, bound to be more.

I found a couple on an old hard drive, and I found 15 or 20 (including the "Evening with John P." episode) at archive.org. I'd forgotten how good C2C was.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

Couldn't agree more. Hope the best for the guy, but hard pass on travel vlogs. They do NOTHING for me.
    It's really unfortunate that the old episodes are no longer available. I wonder if it was because of his short stint doing that thing with Stern?

The Stern Insider Podcast has been going for over 3 years. I don't consider that short.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is he still participating in them?

He the Mando topper launch a couple of weeks ago.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

Wow - I stand corrected! I don't really follow Stern official, so I was unaware he was so doing Pinball stuff at all.

I haven't listened to the Stern stuff since the first couple of episodes. They were interesting enough, but being locked behind the login is a pain. If they had an RSS feed and could show up in my podcast app like any other podcast out there, I'd listen from start to finish. I do follow some official Stern channels, though, so I usually notice when they come out with a new one, even if I don't bother to look it up.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

I'm renaming them as I listen to give some info as I can't find an episode list with any information pertaining to the subject matter of the week.

The Stitcher entry has the title for each episode and a one or two sentence summary of each.

1 month later
    #75 1 year ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

(Except 1 and 2, which seem lost to the sands of time.)

After lots of desert combing, I've come up with episodes 1 & 2.

comb-the-desert.gifcomb-the-desert.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Seraph.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coast-2-coast-pinball-a-new-podcast?tu=Seraph and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.