• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by dr_regor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CN21_Pin (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TrueJedi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm trying to sort out an occasional sound issue. On certain and specific call outs of my Data East LAH I'm get an obnoxious gargled sound. It's consistent with the same callouts, but only accounts for a small percentage of the game sounds. The rest of the game sounds are fine.

I was planning to order some new ribbon cables and thought I'd check the pin connections first. I noticed on the CN21 a pin (19?) on the far left is missing.

1. Does anyone know what the purpose of this missing pin is? I was thinking it may be the route of my problem, but I've seen a few posts saying that this pin is often missing on Data East machines and is useless. Does anyone know it's purpose?

2. Any idea what else would be causing a few specific call out sounds to come out gargled? I've updated all ROM chips including sound, CPU and display chips to the most recent versions and that did not solve the issue.

Thanks.

CN21_Pin (resized).JPGCN21_Pin (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

Thanks, so I can rule out pin 19. Any other suggestions as to what may be causing the call out sound issue? I'll likely order some new ribbon cables this weekend, but wondering if this has happened with other Data East owners to confirm whether the ribbons are likely the culprit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TrueJedi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cn21-pin-sound-issue-data-east?tu=TrueJedi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.