(Topic ID: 240382)

CMOS-battery failed (SS-, Video-Arcade-Game)

By rolf_martin_062

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timerider.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi pinsiders
    I do live in the EM-Section of pinside, I do know nothing*** about electronics, SS-Pins. A friend of mine has an arcade game "TABS AUSTRIA --- SILVER-BALL" - somewhere on the machine I read "Samsung". It has a screen like an small TV-Screen. I toggle on and see on the screen text rapidly change: BIOS13 06/06/97 - then AMD-K5-PR75 CPU found - then Memory Test 32768:OK - then CMOS battery failed - Press F1 to continue, Press DEL to enter Setup and here I am --- I do not see a console to press F1 or DEL, I do not know how the CMOS battery looks like - where it is mounted, soldered-on (to be unsoldered) or plugged-in (to simply pull-out).
    Please help me with pictures / information - can I ignore the "CMOS battery failed" information and press F1 - but where do I press F1 ? Picture / information how this battery looks like and how it is mounted ?
    Is this the correct subforum to ask for help --- a better place ? Greetings Rolf
    PS "nothing***": I do own three Gottlieb-Sys-1-Pins --- I replaced the broken down original boards with the "all in one" Pascal Janin PI1X4, on EM-Pins I can desolder and onsolder wires from/to solderlugs.

This game appears to have a standard PC computer motherboard & components.
    CMOS battery on a PC motherboard is normally a common coin battery. (like a CR2025 or CD3032, etc).
    Write down battery number and go to your local pharmacy/convenience store and buy a new one.
    The F1/DEL keys, etc... means you need to hook up a normal PC keyboard to the motherboard to set the settings on the motherboard. USB or PS/2 keyboard.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timerider.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cmos-battery-failed-ss-video-arcade-game?tu=Timerider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.