Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

barbie1.jpg
    Dominika-with-the-original-Ukrainian-Barbie-girl-Valeria-Lukyonova.jpg
    whiner.jpg
    KarnEvil.jpg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-1-962.jpeg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 9 years ago

Seriously...now I can't even shop your damn store from work because this crap is loaded on the main page? Really? At least consider changing the damn thumbnail, man. Don't get why you'd even carry tacky sh.. like that...

Link is NSFW. You're warned.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3411

#2 9 years ago

Non-issue for me. A longtime ago I vowed never to work in an office that has a problem with juggz.

#3 9 years ago

Ok maybe a little harsh, But tacky shit isn't?

#4 9 years ago

Expect a ban for this one. Intolerance and ignorance isn't tolerated here or anywhere else in the modern world. The 60's called they want their mentality back.

#5 9 years ago

That was uncalled for. Grow up.

#6 9 years ago

Ok normally I would chew someone a new one on this, but this time its not an insult. he is using it in context.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ok normally I would chew someone a new one on this, but this time its not an insult. he is using it in context.

You and I must differ on the context. He is asking in a derogatory way because OP doesn't want to have to worry about smut whether real or figurines while viewing a site. There is no way in any context above is that gay comment appropriate.

#8 9 years ago

Lock 'er up :0

#9 9 years ago

If your not in the click you get banned?

#10 9 years ago

He just called his products tacky shit but that's ok?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

There is no way in any context above is that gay comment appropriate.

Good point. Probably best not to use that the term "Gay" at all. "not that there is anything wrong with that"
    He could have just asked if it was a general smut offense or sexual preference issue.

Either way I got to use one of favorite Seinfeld lines....

#12 9 years ago

No making homophobic, insensitive, and down right ignorant comments get you banned. And he's right it is tacky. And that doesn't make him "gay" for not liking it. If you can't see why that comment is a problem then I just have to shake my head.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Pretty sure it's using the term "gay" in an insulting fashion. Different thing altogether.

Luke

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Good point. Probably best not to use that the term "Gay" at all. "not that there is anything wrong with that"
    He could have just asked if it was a general smut offense or sexual preference issue.
    Either way I got to use one of favorite Seinfeld lines....

I agree with him it's tacky . I'm not a fan of the anime style of those huge knockered figures and I know if that came up in work and someone saw I would be marched to HR.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

No, you get banned for being ignorant.

*And it's "you're"

As in...you're welcome

#16 9 years ago

I just couldn't leave this alone but all i will say is "wow" and leave it at most of you need to chill.

#17 9 years ago

It was a crappy remark, Sorry to the op.

#18 9 years ago

Minusworlds hehehe

#19 9 years ago

Who's intolerant here?

#20 9 years ago

If you keep all the jokes in bad taste to yourself they will still find out your thought crimes. Big Pinchroma is watching you.

#21 9 years ago

These go perfect on a Congo playfield.

#22 9 years ago

Must be nice to have a job where you can surf/shop the internet . At WP AFB, that is a major no no or very heavily frowned upon.

#23 9 years ago

I'm going to buy them and put them in this pin. Just to confuse everyone.

Unknown-1-962.jpegUnknown-1-962.jpeg

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Unknown-1-962.jpeg 8 KB

Titties never confuse me

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Must be nice to have a job where you can surf/shop the internet . At WP AFB, that is a major no no or very heavily frowned upon.

Yeah but at WP AFB they have aliens and UFO's...

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Titties never confuse me

Good to know.

Unknown-2.jpegUnknown-2.jpeg

#27 9 years ago

Hmmmmm......regardless if you agree with this content or not....I wonder how much extra business Terry has received from you drawing attention to his website. Props to Terry's marketing skills.

#28 9 years ago

These should go in Sharky's Flanker!

#29 9 years ago

When CenterFlank buys a set will he cut a hole in the box?

#30 9 years ago

We finally have an affordable replacement for all the broken Wolverines. Thanks Terry!

#31 9 years ago

I like them......

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

No, if you can't spell clique you are banned.

#33 9 years ago

Honestly, I wouldn't have any issue with Terry carrying them at all.....if it wasn't for the thumbnail pic being on the front page. That's the ONLY issue. Yes, I think they're tacky as hell...they were ridiculous when I saw them on Ebay six months ago searching for AC/DC mods, they're ridiculous now, regardless of what anyone might put them on. Carrying garbage like that makes him no better than PDI IMO... he might as well ask 80$ while he's at it for them, or spraypaint them chrome or something.

I don't mind giving PBL some extra publicity, 99% of my parts come from them, this won't change it, but it does annoy the crap out of me that I can't even price compare in my downtime now because their site might get me fired. Over pinball parts. That's ludicrous. I merely suggest that he either choose a different thumbnail pic for the front page, or remove it altogether. The description of the item is pretty freakin' clear what it is before you click on it.

NewPinOwner: Not only that, but I work on college classes too, and still kill my metrics for my job. I'm a great multitasker, I guess. When I have incoming requests, everything gets closed or otherwise set aside...

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Unknown-1-962.jpeg 8 KB

To be fair, that great Williams pin represents the Gay 1890's, not the Gay 1990's that we experienced.

#35 9 years ago

Now I'm confused, there's a difference? People are too touchy these days and trying to out do each other to be the most PC, that amazes me more. Back to pinball for me, nothing to see here.

Steve

Quoted from MrBally:

To be fair, that great Williams pin represents the Gay 1890's, not the Gay 1990's that we experienced.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

People are too touchy these days and trying to out do each other to be the most PC, that amazes me more. Back to pinball for me, nothing to see here.
    Steve

Could not agree more with this statement! Yeesh, guys, get over it! It's <gasp> BOOBIES. You'll live, trust me. If you have repressed feelings on this type of subject matter, this is probably not the place to air them...

#37 9 years ago

One man's tacky smut is another man's art. To be fair Terry does show the figures in a "Playboy" pinball machine.

I would not have it in my house, but I will also try not to judge someone that does choose to have it.

#38 9 years ago

Seems like the only time Alex ever speaks up around here is when he thinks someone should be banned.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

Could not agree more with this statement! Yeesh, guys, get over it! It's <gasp> BOOBIES. You'll live, trust me. If you have repressed feelings on this type of subject matter, this is probably not the place to air them...

Yes, I know. All of you are always right. This was an issue when I brought up other NSFW issues that were present here on the board. Thankfully, my opinion was heard in spite of all the people that would rather yap than do anything about it. I'm still gonna email Terry directly, but I know there's at least a few other people on the board that might appreciate a heads up on this...even if they're not posting about it.

I'm about the least PC person known to man, but I value my employment. Nothing wrong with that. I am allowed a lot of leeway in my job, but I respect the rules that ARE there. It has absolutely nothing to do with 'repressed feelings' or some overbearing sense of morality or PC-ness. The fact that you even feel comfortable making an assumption of someone's personality or even that they should self-censor themselves so your one-way-street method of thinking isn't all upset just makes me want to use the ignore feature more. Each to their own, we don't have to agree, but stop making moronic baseless posts like that. I think Steve's post nailed his opinion and point perfectly without the personal attack aspect.

*Edit* I've sent email directly to Terry, so I'm basically done posting on this. It's probably gotten enough attention and will have enough future posts for anyone that might care to see it.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Seems like the only time Alex ever speaks up around here is when he thinks someone should be banned.

LOL if that were true I would be commenting on nearly everything you post You are a cranky individual

#41 9 years ago

I suppose the figures would make WOZ a little less umm, er, gay...

#42 9 years ago

All tits should be banned, they produce mother's milk the gateway drug to everything.
    Do we really want to promote drug use here on Pinside?
    I think not.

#43 9 years ago

I usually don't like smut mixed with pinball. I love naked chicks, no issue there, but the alt translites are just out of place, despite that guy making some very good and needed ones.

I have to say though, these are actually a good theme integrated mod for Playboy machines. I'm digging it.

I do agree though, for a pinball site, it would be nice if these were at least a little censored until you click on a link with a warning content note.

#44 9 years ago

Maybe you should be working at work

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Maybe you should be working at work

Yeah what kind of place lets you shop for pinball parts, but not shop for plastic toy tits. I can tell you which one would take more 'work' out of my work hour-- the looking at bubs not boobs.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Thanks for teaching me something about my pin today, the more you know.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Seriously...now I can't even shop your damn store from work because this crap is loaded on the main page? Really?

It amazes me people get upset about images on a private businesses website. Especially when you are trying to do this from work.

Cmon Frax, I have a high opinion of you, surely this cant really be an issue. Order all your needs over the weekend or at night on your home system.

Those figures wont be going on Sharkeys Shootout, sorry Hilton, well.....OK, if someone bought them for me Id put them in and maybe do something fun with the box.

#48 9 years ago

Funny,it's almost like PBL got hijacked or something. I find it amusing that they would actually advertise that on their front page intentionally.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm about the least PC person known to man, but I value my employment.

If you value your employment, the solution is simple...focus on your work and leave the pinball browsing/shopping for later. Busting Terry's chops over this publicly is wildly misguided. I'm not a fan of the figurines, but it's Terry's store and he's entitled to sell whatever he wants!

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cmon-terry-really and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.