Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Can't believe this hasn't been started before! Get those pics up!

#2 10 years ago

SM seems to be trending a bit on the back of the comparisons with ST. Personally I would like to own both, but have hit the wife-limit. Every time I consider trading Spidey to get ST I think no way..he's not going anywhere! Then he hands me my butt on a plate..usually with DO tripled and BR ready to start..I love him.

#4 10 years ago

O dear. Count me as the idiot then. Only looked under the clubs. Should have searched a bit deeper. How embarrassing. Like I said.. Couldn't believe it.

Anyway on a parting note then.. Goodbye Mylar helloooo Cliffy.. tmp_20131202_201812-926688383.jpgtmp_20131202_201812-926688383.jpg

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Just got my email confirmation that Cliff got my SM protector set in the mail!
Does the Doc Ock ring affect play at all? Air balls or hang ups?
edit - PS why can't I quote pictures? Is there some new fangled code I don't know about?

Doc Ock cliffy has no adverse affects. You don't notice it.

2 months later
#29 10 years ago

First one is after you defeat all the villains once.

#31 10 years ago

I sold my minty SM to get ST. I will get back into Spidey via the black for sure when I see one locally.

1 year later
#52 8 years ago

Such great game. With GoT off my radar now I might jump back into Spidey! Maybe wait and see if VE is more than a rumour.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

will you little lightshow invention incorporate this wonderful machine? If so...shut up and take my money!

Oh yeah. It is definitely happening. Don't tell anyone but I'm also invading the clear inserts and will demo a first go at colour changing inserts.

1 month later
#78 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The video looks good. Maybe I should start saving. That OCD board looks interesting, I haven't updated the playfield with leds yet, what do you all think? Can you start with leds and later add the OCD board? Or will that not work with the dimming issues on the field?

You can add LEDs before you get OCD. I had them in for years and sold my SM before I had the chance to put OCD in. There are a few dimming effects that are compromised, but really not a deal breaker.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

This is true...but in my SM I had quite a few ghosting inserts along with the blinky blinky LEDs where SM uses a lot of fading on/off. The LED OCD is a big improvement.

Totally agree. Was just saying could start experimenting with the LEDs before getting OCD. I personally would not do spidey again without OCD.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

for those of us who do not know, what is OCD?

Board to enhance insert LEDs so that they have the nice fade qualities of incandescents, plus individual tweaking, plus flicker and ghosting removal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-advanced-lamp-controller-shipping-with-wait-list

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-led-ocd-tips-tricks-thoughts-and-advice

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

1. Does this game retain your interest over time. Are there enough missions/challenges to keep me coming back? I have a JP at home now and still very much enjoy the game and its challenges.

Yes. It is very unlikely that for a while you will complete more than two or three objectives in one game. In many machines it may seem like any individual mode might be easy to complete, but completing them all, and stacked properly, is the bigger objective. SM has a very attainable but still challenging mini wizard mode, Battle Royale, that in itself is a pretty satisfying goal. It is more interesting I think than say Destroy the ring.

Quoted from markp99:

2. Are there various flavors of this game (Pro, LE, etc.)? Any significant differences between them?

There is an LE, Black SM, with chrome armour, different translite and cab decals. Identical playfield and gameplay. Pretty much universally regarded as the lowest add on value of any LE.

Quoted from markp99:

3. Has this game moved into the collector's realm, any new units to be had?

I doubt there are any NIB around, although one or two stashed examples surfaced a while ago when rumours of the Vault edition popped up. That rumour still has legs by the way.

Quoted from markp99:

4. Any interesting quirks about this game or its construction I might want to know about??

The Venom sound effect gets old. The spider sense shot is rumoured to have been designed to feed back to the shooter lane, and can sometimes seem like it is redundant other than it is required for some of the biggest payoffs in the game. The right sandman plastic anchor nut always comes loose. Doc Ock is one of the greatest shots in pinball.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Anyone own SM and ST? How do they compare and which do you prefer?

I have had both. SM gone but will be back. I have two different ways of looking at it. First is shot layout. Given the layouts are so similar, I think the warp ramp is a pickup over the venom ramp and the away team shot is what spider sense should have been. I think there is more to do with the ST layout so prefer that over SM. Although Doc Ock is still one of my favourite shots ever. There is also the kick back on ST which is a big pickup. And punchits of course. Lots to do. ST > SM on layout.

Then of course code and gameplay. This is hard. Codes are so different. SM seems more integrated and holistic. I think the major goals of the game are visible from the beginning, like you can see the light at the other end of the tunnel from the start. The problem with ST is that to really get the most out of the strategic approach to the game you have to be able to complete vertical 3inarows before you even get started. This keeps most casual players from ever really being able to see what's coming. And then you end up back at the criticism that the modes are too similar. SM modes feel different right from the get go. I think generally SM > ST on code and gameplay for "most" people. Eskaybee excluded

4 weeks later
#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How will they do the fading light effects with the new VE? Stern uses all LEDs now so they must have to address this feature right. Maybe the new Spike system does this or do you think the VE will still be SAM? So many questions, can't wait for the reveal!

With IMVE they just suspended the effects that wouldn't work well with leds. There is a menu option to turn them back on.
And it will be SAM. 100%

2 months later
#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I just got done putting Comet's sunlight (not too cool, not too warm) frosted 2 smds in my SM. They may be the most beautiful LEDs I've ever seen and fit the game perfectly.

I have sunlights in almost everything. Beautiful GI bulb. First thing that will be going in my VE.

2 weeks later
#159 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I took Spidey to the woodshed last night. I successfully completed every mode, beat superhero, and had x6 for every shot for the rest of the game, all on the first ball. I was well on my way to a second superhero, but once I got close to 4 billion, I drained on purpose so the score wouldn't roll. I drained ball two and three intentionally. (this picture is before I launched and drained ball 2)
This was set to tournament mode with no extra balls. I've scored higher, but I've never played a perfect game before. I never thought I would, especially on only one ball.
Best game of my entire life. I feel like I pitched a no hitter or something.

gc_(resized).jpg

Awesome. This is what I am aiming for on Spidey's return. Sold my first one without ever beating it or even thinking I could ever get there.

1 month later
#219 8 years ago

Aussie VEs arriving next Friday 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So madly stoked to get Spidey back in da house!

1 week later
#234 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I wish this thread was more active. It's sad that there's only 200 posts in a Spider-Man club. Especially with the VE out.
Let's see some pics of your games, mods, high scores, broken stuff, etc.

Picking my VE up tomorrow. I will be finding some way to get my light kit in there for sure. Different villains = different colors, etc. Prime candidate for a ramped up GI show! Should be plenty of thread fodder.

#245 8 years ago

Welcome back, old friend. Game two..just wanted to remind him who is whose bitch around here. What an epic game. Sounds are freaking awesome.

#246 8 years ago

I cannot stress how much of a pickup the sound package is. I know it's still SAM, but for the life of me it just sounds like they have better compression algorithms now, and/or have just taken the time to layer it better. The absence of that Venom screech is heaven. Playfield finish is deep and lustrous, just all round beautiful and of course one of the best rule sets ever. Never. Leaving. Again.

#254 8 years ago

Translite reflected in the clear..

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Has anyone tried backing up the SMVE code to a USB via the menus

Yes. Nothing happens. System just resets.

#267 7 years ago

Villain Lightshow is coming..

And just testing the white tone from the RGBs. As I have full pwm control over the levels I can tweak to get a nice white. Here I have backed the blue off to 40%, which is usually a good starting point.

#268 7 years ago

Work progressing on the Spidey lightshow code. Here is a detailed look at all the villains.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi,will it work with original SM ?
thanks for your answer

Yes. And there are more effects coming for the modes too.

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I had a clean shot from the flippers go up the right orbit clear against the right ball guide, clip the gate and push it back leading to a glass off stuck ball.

Is it catching the bracket? Or just the gate? The gate should have no resistance at all to the ball going up the right orbit. Is it swinging freely in the bracket? Maybe it's catching. Or if it's the bracket that it's hitting then that definitely needs to be bent up. It should be nowhere near the ball, heightwise.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

It hits the gate not the bracket. Heres a pic of the stuck ball.

I wonder if the outside ball guide is mis-shapen. Not sure if I'm at the same angle as you in this pic, but your guide seems to maybe just be out over the black line. Could just be the angle though. I have about 1mm clearance when the ball goes through there.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#285 7 years ago

Tonight's SMVE Total Lightshow sponsored by..Mirror Blades! Pretty damn tasty.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Just above the left inlane and outlane there's a leaf switch behind a rubber band. It's next to the left outlane adjustable post. What does it do? Does the game use it at all? Or could it might as well just be the rubber band with no switch?

It awards 10 points, and 10 points only. Ever. In the switch matrix it's even called "Lower Left 10 Point".

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Are those dimpels on the magnet??

Yep. Magnet cores are soft.

#301 7 years ago

Testing the Total Lightshow dual channel RGB GI, and some Battle Royale preliminary work as well.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Playing smve this morning and something ive never had happen to me before....
Ball drained during mb and i must have got the tip of the right flipper on it. Ball went down the center drain up along the left side of apron, went up the left outlane and bounced back into play.
Miracle ball

Is that like, a Super Shatz or something?

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Has anyone here removed the post

Thought about this, but make sure you put mylar over the post hole. The clear will be prone to damage around the edge of the hole.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Please tell me that will work on an 07 SM. That looks fantastic!

Yep. Couple of weeks to launch. Still waiting on suppliers.

1 month later
#431 7 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

That's interesting.
I watched a youtube to see at the end and it did the same as mine.
Does anyone know if there is a switch to eliminate the GG?

If you are getting all the proper animation but no sound, it may be because your music and speech attenuation settings are moved away from zero. Put them both back to zero and see if your sound comes back. They are in the game specific settings.

#439 7 years ago

Version 2.something is the latest I think. Just download from the stern website and update.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/game-code/game-code-spider-man/SPD26164.zip

2 weeks later
#450 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Question for original spidey owners/players. How many stats are normally in the spidey code for ingame/hold flipper status info?
I was lookin at my smve today and the in game stats ate pretty bare. Basically juat the high scores on the machine.
Is it like that on orig spidey

Exactly the same. One disappointment I have is that I really thought they might up the instant info. But no.

3 weeks later
#466 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

On gameplay - does one tend to play a little tougher than the other?

Owned original and currently own VE. Identical gameplay. I would suggest any observed differences may be down to setup/levelling etc. Doc Ock on VE has less rejects but still has some. Venom shot is just as f&$(!@#ing hard on both of them.

9 months later
#649 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I should know this but how can I get the call outs louder (not the music)?

Yes, you should Rai
Game specific adjustments. Right at the end, music volume, speech volume. The number is an attenuation measure so is backwards. Negative is louder.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My AcDc has
music volume (standard adjustment) 1 - 15
Music volume and speech volume (feature adjustment) these go negative or positive.
SM only has music volume in standard adjustment

Wow, that's highly irregular. Maybe it's a music theme thing. Pretty sure there are both on Tron though. Sucks for spidey.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.