Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 40 votes
    23%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 93 votes
    54%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 39 votes
    23%

(Multiple choice - 172 votes by 157 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 338 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5446C5ED-C617-4024-A98A-51B51380C355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190321_100850 (resized).jpg
20190321_092002 (resized).jpg
20190321_092025 (resized).jpg
20190321_092009 (resized).jpg
BD589E1B-01CC-411A-BEAB-F4CA1EE723F3 (resized).jpeg
3A43EF97-C7DE-4CBF-9B82-20C28C9A51D2 (resized).jpeg
41C13733-F148-4914-A5C6-4A3957B8DF12 (resized).jpeg
12663D33-966E-4B51-8E8E-39834EF74F72 (resized).jpeg
6D5EE58A-5A32-4B77-B2AD-44B49563055B (resized).jpeg
AB6632BB-7397-4DC3-8057-A083A848F30A (resized).jpeg
SM (resized).jpg
11059E7D-B1B8-4272-B833-4AA4466472C3 (resized).jpeg
IMGP0557 (resized).JPG
IMGP0555 (resized).JPG
IMGP0854 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supersquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#933 7 months ago

Joined the club 6 months ago with a 2007 version. Put in LED OCD, led lights, new ramps, webbies protectors, red flippers with blue rubber, little figures, and more. What a great game.

IMG_1217 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1222 (resized).JPGIMG_1223 (resized).JPGIMG_1224 (resized).JPGIMG_1225 (resized).JPGIMG_1227 (resized).JPG
#935 7 months ago

Yeah, I kinda went overboard on those, but figured I wanted to keep the game protected as much as possible. I have had no problems with the orb shots at all.

#938 7 months ago

I hear ya. Wasn't going to do as much as I did, but as my wife would say, the ocd in me kicked in. Was just going to do the high traffic areas, but didn't like the look with only the drop lanes and orbits covered. Looked a little off to me and figured it couldn't hurt to have them.

#940 7 months ago

I made them myself. Couldn't stand looking at Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst and couldn't find any to buy that I liked.

#942 7 months ago

Thank you very much. I like the way the turned out. Much better than the others. I saw a pair of eyes on someone else's, but the guy didn't sell them anymore, so I decided to give it a shot.

#948 7 months ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I really wish someone would make more of these. I personally like the original "eye" plastics, one red and one black. I don't have the tools or the talent but id pay $50 for a set.

I contacted the guy that made those, but he responded back saying he wasn't making them anymore. Hence, I had to make my own.

#950 7 months ago

I just did it for fun. First time I had done something like this. If I do decide to make some more, I will definitely let you know.

1 month later
#980 5 months ago

Congratulations on your new pin. It is one of my favorites that I have played. Seems kinda simple, but once you go for all the modes and get to super hero, it's a different animal. That is unless you have more skill than me which would be a low bar to clear. I have made it to super hero a few times, but never able to complete it. JK Simmons callouts are some of the best, and if you like the movies, they implemented it very well into the game, which is why I got the 2007 version instead of the vault. LED OCD is a must if you have led's in it. Good luck and have fun

3 weeks later
#991 5 months ago

You can either do the back alley creations speaker panels which are not decals but complete speaker panels, or you can do the decal from Pingraffix which is what I did. You can get it here: https://www.pingraffix.com/spiderman

IMG_1227 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#1001 4 months ago

Buy a set of game blade protectors from Pinball Life. I have a set and they work great. A little expensive for what they are, but worth it not to scratch the side cabinet when lifting play field.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#1005 4 months ago

Exactly what bobukcat said. The hardest part about them is remembering to get them and use them before you start pulling out the play field.

4 weeks later
#1016 3 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

hoping for some advise and/or confirmation. Have purchased a full set of cliffys for my spiderman 2007. The carbon fibre doc ock ring looks like its just sticks onto the playfield and therefore is a little proud on the surface. 1. do I need to raise the magnet level with the cliffy and 2. does the ring being higher than the playfield surface effect shots to the doc ock hole? Is there more lips outs or anything I need to be aware of or need to adjust for?
thank you

I raised the magnet up over the play field about an 1/8" to guide the protector in place, then made the magnet flush with the protector. I also cut a little piece of mylar to fit in front of the protector so it would be a gradual raise and not as big a bump and have had no problems.

#1019 3 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Since installing the doc cook ring I notice the ball jumps and hits the blue rubber under doc causing it to not register with the opto’s about half the time.....think about removing the ring and going with Mylar

Mine was doing the same thing until I removed the magnet, sanded it smooth and flat, put it back in flush with the ring, and put a tiny piece of mylar in front of the ring.

1 week later
#1036 3 months ago

You actually have to take the screws off of the bubble level as they are really long and go into the play field. That's what's holding it down along with the screws from the bottom of the play field going up into the rail.

#1038 3 months ago

All the newer Sterns I have I did not have to, but Spider-Man I did. I remember loosening all the screws on the bottom and the rail would not lift. Looked online and found someone who posted about it before.

#1041 3 months ago

No problem. Glad I could help.

#1043 3 months ago

Forgot about those. Guess they don't want it to go anywhere

3 weeks later
#1067 72 days ago

Lights the spider sense lane and are used in "Daily Bugle" mode

#1071 72 days ago

I put super-bands on my machine for the posts and slings and never get a drain now. Used to always get drains.

2 weeks later
#1090 55 days ago

Congratulations and welcome to the club. As JJ will say from time to time, "Here's the headline, horrible pinball player terrorizes arcade". One of my favorite call outs.

#1094 50 days ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I just joined club. My sandman plastic is broken and I need to replace. Was thinking to reinforce with metal protector like on smve. Anyone know where it can be purchased?

You will probably have to call your distro to order the metal piece for you. I had mine order me the metal rails for the sandman and dock ock kick outs since my plastic was old and brittle. As for the Sandman plastic, I got the plastic protector set from pinbits and it protects it along with a bunch of other plastic. Plus it came with the webbies sling protectors.

1 month later
#1168 18 days ago

When I was looking, had a choice between VE and OG. I played both andI went with OG for the callouts. They are some of the best. Not only that, with the OG, you get Bonesaw mode and the callouts on that are great. Who doesn't like Macho Man Randy Savage and Peter's line of "Nice outfit, did your husband pick it for you?? I also like the movies and they integrated it very well in the machine. That being said, if you are not partial to the movies, I would go with whatever comes up that looks good. Since they both play the same, you aren't loosing out on anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
Machine - For Sale
Palatine, IL
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bentonville, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burien, WA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supersquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside