Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#476 7 years ago

I double posted this in another thread too but I am trying to get an answer somewhat quickly, so I apologize in advance!

----

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a VE..

I have been in contact with Cliffy about getting protectors for it, but he seems to think some of his stuff won't work.

It seems obvious that the Doc Ock magnet is WAY bigger, so of course that protector won't work.

Specifically, looking at the flyer, he thinks they changed the shape of the Doc Ock kickout. He also thinks there are already ramp protectors on the game and his are not needed. But I looked at the flyer and I can't see the front of the DO kickout, and it looks to me like the inside of the ramps next to the 3 bank targets don't have protectors on them.

Can anyone confirm Cliffy's suspicions?

Thanks!
Michael

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

SMVE come fully armored. It does not have a right side under-rail eject or ball eject protector. The rails are metal and the right side of the shooter lane already has a protection plate. See pictures.
The VUK's are also well armored as well as the Sandman drop target area. A huge improvement over the original.
I'd grill your distro and Stern about the playfield issues being resolved before accepting the order. Every non-round insert has ghosted on mine and the clear coat has separated from the playfield under the apron. Two of the inserts have cracked through the clearcoat.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/42#post-3277858
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/75#post-3313793
Also have ghosting on a NIB Met Pro.
I've been told I'd be taken care of after December ...

Oh man, bummer about the playfield issues. That sucks. I did grill my distro about the issue. Apparently mine was made just last week, so hopefully it isn't in the batch with problems. In addition, I was told that minor ghosting of up to 2 inserts is considered acceptable. Anything more than that qualifies for replacement through Stern. I am hoping I don't have to deal with that issue.

Thank you for the quality pics of the armor on the game. You can't see any of that in the flyer. Looks like I might end up returning most of the SM Cliffy stuff I ordered, but we'll see.

Thank you!
Michael

2 months later
#532 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So who's going to make the exit to shooter lane for original SM and make an extra for me to buy?

Why make an exit to the shooter lane? Was this supposed to be the original design or something?

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It's a safe way for the ball to go back to the shooter lane for hitting a good shot at the spider sense shot. Without the lane exit and hitting that shot, the ball goes to the right outlane area and may go down the outlane instead of the inlane. Plus if it goes to the shooter lane you plunge to be pops and get a good shot at Venom as well.

Ok I get that but wouldn't making this exit change how the game was originally designed?

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You've gotta be kidding me. Never made it to super hero before. Had it qualified with 2 balls to go. Then I Drain and Drain. Nooooooo!!!!!! How is that possible. Crush the game for 30 minutes on the first two balls! Then just fall on my face!

Because the ball is not wild.. The ball is actually quite evil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=radius118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.