Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 41 votes
    22%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 100 votes
    54%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 45 votes
    24%

(Multiple choice - 186 votes by 171 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 408 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191015_190505 (resized).jpg
5E3C61B8-883B-4510-9C63-FFD6AE6E18FF (resized).jpeg
1AC2028B-B848-4A53-A20C-F6E41F0F4AC0 (resized).jpeg
C5022886-5032-4983-8073-862387EDDAA4 (resized).jpeg
20191015_115247 (resized).jpg
321354d9056733b0a6eeda97315ca667bf6e3e0e (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 6.09.45 AM (resized).png
EF78DFD8-8EEC-4B58-856E-C7BF6B53BA15 (resized).jpeg
0BB0DC46-662C-4200-8510-EA65F9F61CAC-341-000000173F591992 (resized).JPG
A77A38E8-A93E-4667-99F6-E7735C2F5FA0 (resized).jpeg
4261389E-ADCF-4D95-AA57-4A5E5119799C (resized).jpeg
8D0DCE84-7E7B-401B-BBEA-87A67DCB46A8 (resized).jpeg
C858607F-B51D-4DF7-BDAD-F71C664E6C97 (resized).jpeg
2175EEE4-3C56-4BBF-AED4-4B4D5585A8A4 (resized).jpeg
A48255E0-571C-42A7-8B36-DF12D033068C (resized).jpeg
20190912_122021 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#465 3 years ago

SM is tops on my list and I like both the original and VE. On gameplay - does one tend to play a little tougher than the other? I have not played it a ton, but the VE seems to play a little more difficult. I could be wrong.

Wanted to get your opinions. You guys own a great game!

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Owned original and currently own VE. Identical gameplay. I would suggest any observed differences may be down to setup/levelling etc. Doc Ock on VE has less rejects but still has some. Venom shot is just as f&$(!@#ing hard on both of them.

Ok. Yes I was counting some plays on the VE at Texas and ATl pinfests. Love pounding that Venom shot. You get a chance to say "Got it!" instead of having to flip again with say the wrap shot on my old ST and HS2, unless it is for a lock. Very satisfying.

3 months later
#485 2 years ago

Randomkg came over and helped my put in the color DMD for my SMVE last night. It looks amazing and it has to be at the top as one of the best ones out there. This is a must have and worth the extra money in my opinion. They did a great job!

3 weeks later
#494 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Back in to stay, love this game. So much value compared to the newer stuff. Masterpiece flow and code.

You should add the heated flipper button mod for your kid also. He looks a bit chilly.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Ha,
We were on our way out, this is New England, I'll trade you for some of that Georgia sunshine

I am now in Maine, where I grew up, for X-mas, so I know.

2 months later
#603 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I got rejected by perfect dead on forehand shots to the doc scoop three times last night (despite having dead stop foam back there), during a good game, for me. Enough was enough, so today I took George's best fix that he made for the vault and applied it to my BSM. He made the scoop way bigger in vault and also made like a cliff that the ball falls off of.
A little bit of black burn mark from the dremel is visible to the player, but barely. I can live with it. I mod a ton and try to beautify a ton, but the number one factor is always flawless playability and a machine behaving as the designer intended.
This job was not for the faint of heart.
In three test games I got rejected about 1/5th as much as before. I'll take it.
If wondering, game is level and set to 6.6 pitch.

Ballsy move, but you got to do what you got to do.

3 months later
#678 2 years ago

Oh and new SM movie is pretty darn good! IMHO.

Still loving my SM pin. Why did I wait 4 years to get one is beyond me?

1 month later
#718 2 years ago

The game plays long, but I enjoy it so much I am not changing a thing.

1 month later
#731 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sm is now my favorite stern pin.... glad i gave it a,shot

My favorite Stern also. Just good, balanced pinball with so many feel good shots. Has some of the smoothest shots around.

Was definitely a "why did I not pick this up years earlier" pin.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#743 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

SM is coming back in!!! After trading it out - I was missing it too much and in a small collection games that get boring or no play get moved. So it's "Welcome Back, Spidey!". Glad to be back in the club and hopefully, will hold onto it for awhile this time.

I promise I am not following you.

Spider Man is awesome! Can't imagine it leaving me.

Also is a nine game collection really a small collection?

3 months later
#830 1 year ago

Maybe sold 500 VE’s?? But no idea.

Original is fantastic and a good deal compared to what else is out there and BSM is just bad ass!

I love my VE. On temp trade for MET now but looking forward to its return.

#836 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Joined the club yesterday... thanks asoa. A few things to tweak still, but my first question for the club... I there a modified rom out there for the VE that has the old SM callouts on it? I thought I read something about this... PM me if you have info.

Nice game! Like the topper. Looks like it has the color dmd which is one of the best IMHO. A solid add to your already nice collection.

Enjoy!

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Interested in joining the club.
If anyone in Mn or the adjoining area be looking to sell please let me know.
Want a standard Spidey.
Not looking for anything heavily modded or vault.
Thanks!

Man. I think OSM is easily one of the best values in pinball right now. Hope you get one soon. GLWTH!

2 weeks later
#864 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My SM arrives in 10hrs

A picture or it didn’t happen

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Not arrived yet, but a few pictures from the seller.
HUO 2007 Spider-Man..

The Doc Ock magnet looks pretty clean. Nice!

Don’t recall seeing that translite before?? Looks cool. Enjoy!

2 weeks later
#874 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Finally finished my Spider Man restoration
» YouTube video

The black armor looks nice and totally works. Great job!

1 week later
#880 1 year ago
Quoted from Knostrathomas:

My VE was delivered on Monday and I got it set up late last night. HUO with around 100 plays and mirror blades.

Nice! Is that your first game?! Congrats on the pickup. Now go play the crap out of it! Now!

9 months later
#1166 7 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I'll just keep my eyes open and whatever pops up as a good deal I'll probably grab.
Would love one with a colordmd and big law mods. I think the back alley mods are amazing but cover up/block too much of the PF - just my opinion of course.

Right. With SM just buy the deal. They are both good. I had a choice between a VE at $5900 with invisaglass or a routed orginal for $4200 with a couple of mods and I went with the VE. The Back Alley mods are cool, but yes a little large. I would add a color DMD on either SM you choose.

Also SM would go great with your POTC JJP, Houdini, and MB. Fun lineup! I always think the coolest pinheads are the ones who like a little of everything.

I don't really bother with online "My way or the highway" opinion folks. You don't seem like you do either with your diverse collection. Good luck getting SM!

#1173 7 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

A NECA 2003 limited addition statue for a topper. Simple and it fits my low ceilings [quoted image][quoted image]

So it is an “LA” and not an “LE”.

Hope you are enjoying it!

2 months later
#1254 5 months ago

Nothing to add, except that I love SM. It’s a “shooter” for sure.

#1256 5 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Ditto, playing last night with my 6yr old son before bed. He gets to Battle Royal - Nice

Whoa. That’s awesome.

If he knew how to get jackpots with add a ball during BR that would have been extra impressive!

#1262 5 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ive owned spiderman for 5-6 yrs. love the game, it'll never leave. played the vault version, absolutely hated it. Callouts were horrible.

Ha. I love SM and prefer the vault. Something for everyone in pinball and good to have so many choices.

2 weeks later
#1275 4 months ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Just joined the club!
Traded my BK2K amd some change for a tricked out 2007 Spidey[quoted image]

Congrats! First step is to make it to Battle Royale

1 month later
#1300 3 months ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi,
yesterday I installed a color dmd to my Spiderman Vault. Now I am not quite sure which style I should use. What do you guys prefer, which style is the best for the smve?
Ralf

I did high res to fill in all the dots. SMVE is one of the better Color DMD's in opinion. They also did a great job on the Orig SM color DMD making all the movie scenes much much better.

And I love my SM. Keep going back to it, shooting and flowing my way through it for fun every time I play. Perfect pinball IMHO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside