Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#465 7 years ago

SM is tops on my list and I like both the original and VE. On gameplay - does one tend to play a little tougher than the other? I have not played it a ton, but the VE seems to play a little more difficult. I could be wrong.

Wanted to get your opinions. You guys own a great game!

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Owned original and currently own VE. Identical gameplay. I would suggest any observed differences may be down to setup/levelling etc. Doc Ock on VE has less rejects but still has some. Venom shot is just as f&$(!@#ing hard on both of them.

Ok. Yes I was counting some plays on the VE at Texas and ATl pinfests. Love pounding that Venom shot. You get a chance to say "Got it!" instead of having to flip again with say the wrap shot on my old ST and HS2, unless it is for a lock. Very satisfying.

3 months later
#485 7 years ago

Randomkg came over and helped my put in the color DMD for my SMVE last night. It looks amazing and it has to be at the top as one of the best ones out there. This is a must have and worth the extra money in my opinion. They did a great job!

3 weeks later
#494 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Back in to stay, love this game. So much value compared to the newer stuff. Masterpiece flow and code.

You should add the heated flipper button mod for your kid also. He looks a bit chilly.

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Ha,
We were on our way out, this is New England, I'll trade you for some of that Georgia sunshine

I am now in Maine, where I grew up, for X-mas, so I know.

2 months later
#603 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I got rejected by perfect dead on forehand shots to the doc scoop three times last night (despite having dead stop foam back there), during a good game, for me. Enough was enough, so today I took George's best fix that he made for the vault and applied it to my BSM. He made the scoop way bigger in vault and also made like a cliff that the ball falls off of.
A little bit of black burn mark from the dremel is visible to the player, but barely. I can live with it. I mod a ton and try to beautify a ton, but the number one factor is always flawless playability and a machine behaving as the designer intended.
This job was not for the faint of heart.
In three test games I got rejected about 1/5th as much as before. I'll take it.
If wondering, game is level and set to 6.6 pitch.

Ballsy move, but you got to do what you got to do.

3 months later
#678 6 years ago

Oh and new SM movie is pretty darn good! IMHO.

Still loving my SM pin. Why did I wait 4 years to get one is beyond me?

1 month later
#718 6 years ago

The game plays long, but I enjoy it so much I am not changing a thing.

1 month later
#731 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sm is now my favorite stern pin.... glad i gave it a,shot

My favorite Stern also. Just good, balanced pinball with so many feel good shots. Has some of the smoothest shots around.

Was definitely a "why did I not pick this up years earlier" pin.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#743 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

SM is coming back in!!! After trading it out - I was missing it too much and in a small collection games that get boring or no play get moved. So it's "Welcome Back, Spidey!". Glad to be back in the club and hopefully, will hold onto it for awhile this time.

I promise I am not following you.

Spider Man is awesome! Can't imagine it leaving me.

Also is a nine game collection really a small collection?

3 months later
#830 6 years ago

Maybe sold 500 VE’s?? But no idea.

Original is fantastic and a good deal compared to what else is out there and BSM is just bad ass!

I love my VE. On temp trade for MET now but looking forward to its return.

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Joined the club yesterday... thanks asoa. A few things to tweak still, but my first question for the club... I there a modified rom out there for the VE that has the old SM callouts on it? I thought I read something about this... PM me if you have info.

Nice game! Like the topper. Looks like it has the color dmd which is one of the best IMHO. A solid add to your already nice collection.

Enjoy!

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Interested in joining the club.
If anyone in Mn or the adjoining area be looking to sell please let me know.
Want a standard Spidey.
Not looking for anything heavily modded or vault.
Thanks!

Man. I think OSM is easily one of the best values in pinball right now. Hope you get one soon. GLWTH!

2 weeks later
#864 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My SM arrives in 10hrs

A picture or it didn’t happen

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Not arrived yet, but a few pictures from the seller.
HUO 2007 Spider-Man..

The Doc Ock magnet looks pretty clean. Nice!

Don’t recall seeing that translite before?? Looks cool. Enjoy!

2 weeks later
#874 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Finally finished my Spider Man restoration
» YouTube video

The black armor looks nice and totally works. Great job!

1 week later
#880 5 years ago
Quoted from Knostrathomas:

My VE was delivered on Monday and I got it set up late last night. HUO with around 100 plays and mirror blades.

Nice! Is that your first game?! Congrats on the pickup. Now go play the crap out of it! Now!

9 months later
#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I'll just keep my eyes open and whatever pops up as a good deal I'll probably grab.
Would love one with a colordmd and big law mods. I think the back alley mods are amazing but cover up/block too much of the PF - just my opinion of course.

Right. With SM just buy the deal. They are both good. I had a choice between a VE at $5900 with invisaglass or a routed orginal for $4200 with a couple of mods and I went with the VE. The Back Alley mods are cool, but yes a little large. I would add a color DMD on either SM you choose.

Also SM would go great with your POTC JJP, Houdini, and MB. Fun lineup! I always think the coolest pinheads are the ones who like a little of everything.

I don't really bother with online "My way or the highway" opinion folks. You don't seem like you do either with your diverse collection. Good luck getting SM!

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

A NECA 2003 limited addition statue for a topper. Simple and it fits my low ceilings [quoted image][quoted image]

So it is an “LA” and not an “LE”.

Hope you are enjoying it!

2 months later
#1254 4 years ago

Nothing to add, except that I love SM. It’s a “shooter” for sure.

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Ditto, playing last night with my 6yr old son before bed. He gets to Battle Royal - Nice

Whoa. That’s awesome.

If he knew how to get jackpots with add a ball during BR that would have been extra impressive!

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ive owned spiderman for 5-6 yrs. love the game, it'll never leave. played the vault version, absolutely hated it. Callouts were horrible.

Ha. I love SM and prefer the vault. Something for everyone in pinball and good to have so many choices.

2 weeks later
#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Just joined the club!
Traded my BK2K amd some change for a tricked out 2007 Spidey[quoted image]

Congrats! First step is to make it to Battle Royale

1 month later
#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi,
yesterday I installed a color dmd to my Spiderman Vault. Now I am not quite sure which style I should use. What do you guys prefer, which style is the best for the smve?
Ralf

I did high res to fill in all the dots. SMVE is one of the better Color DMD's in opinion. They also did a great job on the Orig SM color DMD making all the movie scenes much much better.

And I love my SM. Keep going back to it, shooting and flowing my way through it for fun every time I play. Perfect pinball IMHO.

8 months later
#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

Just joined the club! Loving my new 2007 Spidey! My first Ritchie pin. Wow, could this be the perfect game??? So fast, smart and fun![quoted image]

It’s a pleasure to play and OSM is a heck of a value. Lyman F’in Sheats and Ritchie!

Congrats!

4 months later
#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I do love that blue. I had both the OG and the Vault SM for a while in my collection, but recently sold the OG. the blue for my vault is a bit lighter, but still basically setup to match spidey’s outfit.
[quoted image]

That’s so sweet!

1 month later
#1836 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

New minimalist topper 1/2 Scale head with light up size changing eyes and Bluetooth speaker[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lets forget about the toppers for a second, it’s an honor to have SM (either) and IM next to each other in your game room. JD is a good 90’s game also. I dig what you have right now and would be happy for a long time if I were you. Enjoy

Reminds me - I need IM back someday

1 month later
#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from Eggrock:

As it turned out, the playfield was way too steep. I adjusted the level and it made a HUGE difference. I’m happy again.
Here’s a picture of my machine. What a game, count me in the club [quoted image]

It’s a great game. ST came back in time to have a baby with AFM and they named it SM.

#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Accurate observation! SM was my 3rd pin ever back in 2017, which feels like 15 years ago somehow. Because I was starting out and had “the fever,” I sold my loaded SM after 6 months and moved on to other pins. In 2019 I got a Star Trek, which I thought meant my SM reunion wasn’t to be. Then Covid arrived and I NEEDED Spidey again! Found one of those 50 or so SE’s signed by SR and GS with the black web rails, and drove to PA from MI to get it! Well worth it!!! I’m very thankful to own them both.

Nice. I know of the Originals, Black SM and Vault comic. Can I ask what are the signed SE’s with the web rails? Not familiar.

1 month later
#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Jstampa:

Wow, Looks good. Thanks. I may try and find a way to make this work out. I'm just very leery doing something so far away thru an online ad or something. If it was a dealer I'd jump on it.

Keep your eye out or put an WTB add on Village BBS. Also don’t rule out a 2007 Orig SM. Great game also. Whichever comes up first.

10 months later
#2070 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Yeah I managed to get a partial set cheaper, and the Sandman plastic individually to save a few bucks.
Has anyone mentioned if the Vault Edition ramps work in the original? Not a lot of luck searching the thread.
They look similar enough in the manuals, but part numbers are off by 1.

What’s wrong with the ramps? Broken or just fugly?

Yes it’s a great game. Love mine

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Mine are shot, chips in all the spots that attach to the playfield, flap on one rivet, corners of entrances missing. Still functional, but I want to polish my game back into a gem.
To that effect I thought I might try my hand at custom plastics, because Toby and Kirsten dont really do it for me.
This was a real quick photo chop job, honest opinions appreciated.
[quoted image]

I dig em.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

When I acquired Spidey it had the back alley buildings and subway and I just feel the playfield is way too crowded with them in. But very nice stuff. Buildings look great and I thought about selling the set.
Then I decided to make a topper. I’m either going to light up these buildings with GI and tie some controlled lights into the white arrows on the playfield (and paint wood black)…or I’ll just sell this set.
What do you guys think as a topper?
Or does anyone want to buy this set to use in their game? Pm me if so
[quoted image]

Yeah I would sell them. I don’t particularly like them due to size on the PF, “BUT” back alley did a very nice quality job with them and I have friends who really liked them on their SM. Let them go to someone who will enjoy them

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Flippers rebuilt, got he webslinger brackets from the vault edition on my Sandman and Doc VUKS so now I can play with the glass on! Cant believe I slept on this game, its incredible.
I have a new playfield, and a box full of ramps ready for when I can find the time.
But what a shame pinbits is no longer in business, there protectors are so cool looking. Dont suppose anyone else is making them?[quoted image]

Why a new PF? The can be a problem Doc Ock magnet area didn’t seem to have any wear?

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Its probably unnecessary, mine has some ghosting inserts and a couple other things to nitpick, the shooter lane especially. There was a good deal for a NOS one here so I jumped.
I figure I am going to pull it all apart, rehab the cab, run everything through an ultrasonic cleaner and tumbler, give it the full restoration treatment, why not put it all on a new playfield.

Ah giving SM “the full treatment” huh? It will be sweet looking. Hope it goes well

1 month later
#2095 2 years ago
05DF0444-FADF-485D-AD63-786B370869F6 (resized).jpeg05DF0444-FADF-485D-AD63-786B370869F6 (resized).jpeg
#2103 2 years ago

Really need to keep the alt translite stuff on the down low. Don’t posts pics. Don’t advertise. Like “what translite??”

1 week later
#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Got my translite from Pinstein and installed into my Vault last night. I love it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your pic cost me money. That looks so fresh!

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

same,last night

Nice symmetry of the 4 villains around Spidey. The darkness of the night time scene brings on an edgy look to the game, which is awesome by the way!

#2122 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Since seeing the new Spidey movie a couple weeks ago my game is getting played more than it has in years, sometimes I forget how great it is and also how much I hate the damn left-center ramp! I don't know what it is about that shot but it takes me so many plays before I can consistently find it again.

Left center ramp shot is left flipper back hand, back hand, back hand…….and done!

If this game came out now it would blow folks minds. ST and AFM, two of my favs, had a baby named SM. Although ST came out after?! It’s a great game

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I agree SM is a great game and the newest Spider-Man movie was amazing!
I’ve always kept an eye on pinside market for a good Spider-Man to purchase locally. But, as things usually go with pinball… when something you want pops up there always seems to be some other deal you’re in the middle of. At least that’s been my experience.
Not this time though! A Spider-Man became available and I happened to be lucky enough to have a friend in the hobby that knew the owner (he’s moving and decided to sell it). He told him I had been looking for a Spider-Man and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it happen!
All I can say is… I’m so happy my friend was looking out for me and that I was able to make the purchase happen. I had to move another favorite theme of mine but it went to another friend. (hopefully I’ll be able to buy it back one day). This Spider-Man is perfect and beyond what I was hoping to find. I’ve had about a two weeks now and I love it. I’ve played it plenty of times before in barcardes and other places but so glad to finally own it because I’m a long time Spidey fan (had a lot of the comics as a kid and loved all the cartoons) and it is an awesome machine.
Anyway, sorry for the long winded story but just thought I’d share it and officially say it… I’m in the club!
Here’s some pics;[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! The armor on that one is bad ass! And games are hard to find. The more friends you have the better. I am in this for the people more then pinball anyway. Just me.
SM hasn’t gotten crazy in pricing compared to other games which aren’t as good. So I hope you did “ok” for todays world on price.

Good goal is to make it to battle Royal mini wizard, which is defeat each villain twice, start by shooting the lock a ball area, hit each villain once then the right ramp for Jack pot and add a ball and do it again! So fun! Thanks Lyman F’n Sheats! I haven’t made it to Super Hero - yet!

And folks here correct me if I am slightly off on BR rules. That was off the top of my head. I am not Bowen. Lol

Welcome to the club!

#2128 2 years ago

Thanks!
I usually like to keep my pins simple/stock but I also love the armor on this thing! The only catch is that I might be spending some extra dough on doing the armor on my other 2 premium sterns (Deadpool and Godzilla).

Do it. Those two are keepers. My DP has the sparkles in candy red. Hard to see as well in a photo. Came with it so not sure the color mix. I think the lighter red looks good on the LE but I like the slightly darker red for Prem.

B817ADD3-E595-4464-B85E-EE07C2B4239C (resized).jpegB817ADD3-E595-4464-B85E-EE07C2B4239C (resized).jpegFFF79D78-259A-4B5B-A756-E4F13A76C857 (resized).jpegFFF79D78-259A-4B5B-A756-E4F13A76C857 (resized).jpeg

#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thats Mary Jane down there in the window.

Nice! Honestly I would be ok if it were Aunt May, Marisa Tomei as Aunt May that is.

#2150 2 years ago

Not being a price pumper but I would package BSM as an LE like it is and try to shoot higher. It’s a nice game. Love the mirrored BG.

That being said SM has really good value for how good it is. From the time range. TSPP and LOTR can get good prices and I don’t think SM should be too far behind. In general 2000-2010 sterns were built really well and pretty loaded.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

My Vault is as fun or more fun than machines I paid double for.Great Value.

Yes I have a Vault, but like all the SM and over the years any friend who was looking for one I said grab the first local one that come up for sale of either model and they would be happy .

#2159 2 years ago

Wow Pinstein translite in on my SMVE! Good quality nicely packaged and quick shipped! Highly recommend.

You know what it looks like

#2164 2 years ago

Let’s just show this again for weekend fun since it’s solid and legit. My friend somehow got the combo champion. Jerk!

3931094C-D73E-4D39-A11B-84CD338B1590 (resized).jpeg3931094C-D73E-4D39-A11B-84CD338B1590 (resized).jpegFC6DB9A3-C7AB-40A3-B70B-B81D01453F51 (resized).jpegFC6DB9A3-C7AB-40A3-B70B-B81D01453F51 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

By your Command!
I am not the best video taker mind you.
Here is a link to the 2 vids / one of just a doc oc part, and the finale song
https://www.flickr.com/photos/41025696@N00/51917178335/in/dateposted/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/41025696@N00/51916653898/in/dateposted/

Thanks for sharing Rich! Hope you are doing well.

#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Better since subdoing the Lyme ,Battling Inner demons but forging through .
Sold A Spidey and Had to get one back. I must stop selling games i love .
and shut these voices in my head to quit telling me what to do
You Here in Florida Yet . Stop Over

Came and went but go there all the time. Will give you a shout.

Glad you are doing alright. Keep this Spidey for a while. One of the best ever. Take care!

1 month later
#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I just added red Convolex plastics and the those led light rails (a pita to get right)…looks nice. The sounds mirror art blades are next!
[quoted image]

Looks tight!

1 week later
#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

I’m new to the club and I’ve never actually seen the train/building mods in person (they look gigantic in the pics I’ve seen) - but I would much prefer powder coating or a ColorDMD for that investment.
I just added the DMD to mine and it’s a gamechanger.

Or invisaglass if your game is under direct lighting above

1 week later
#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I received my Black Spider-Man today! I got home around 5pm I think I have played at least 75 games tonight! Color DMD is awesome, shaker surprises me each time it goes on. I would like the back box a little brighter, but I saw something on here a while ago about it. So far it’s a 9/10.

Yes! I have been playing my SM a lot all week. It’s great pinball Ritchie / Sheats RIP

2 weeks later
#2257 1 year ago

Finally got around to installing the lit Start button from Rocket City pinball mods.
It looks great!
Difficult to get good pics but these buttons look great in person.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the armor. Also the DP neighbor.

1 year later
#2410 10 months ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hello! New SMVE owner here, and wondering if others have had issues with their shaker motor impeding the tilt bob, and if so, what you did to resolve the issue? I’m considering relocating the tilt a bit more out of the way so that it can’t hit the shaker cover, but just seems such an odd design oversight, and something that shouldn’t need be done?

I removed mine and haven’t had a tilt Bob in for years, but I don’t nudge much on SM for whatever reason. I do remember it being oddly close to shaker.

You could probably move it back without much difficulty. You could perhaps just raise the ring higher and see if that could work??

1 week later
#2412 10 months ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

I would like to join the Spidey family. If you have a SM in the greater Texas area, please let me know.

My advice is to pickup either model if one comes up at a fair price within your location range. GLWTH!

1 week later
#2425 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I always try to avoid that shot as it often ends up draining through the outlane.

Yes I agree. Avoid.

1 month later
#2465 7 months ago

Just because one wants a SM “either” doesn’t mean they can get the specific type they want, OG or VE, local, at a fair price and in the right condition with a snap of their fingers. So that being said I think it’s good to keep an open mind on both.

That’s what I did years ago. I actually had two friends who would sell their SM, one a low play VE with a sheet of invisaglass included and a OG SM that was on location and had wear for $1400 less. I went with the VE.

I would have bought either model and have no regrets on decision and it’s the longest pin owned in my collection at the 7 year mark because SM is awesome. Ritchie and Lyman F Sheets.

All IMO

(I post this just to piss off Rich)

#2470 7 months ago

And I have owned SM 7 years and never made it to Super Hero yet. Battle Royale is always my general goal and I love how you have to spread your shots all around the PF to achieve this. Adding a ball in BR is very satisfying to me. After BR I run with whatever concentration on making shots and remaining balls I have left in the tank. I have always come up short. Dang it!

Someday - Super Hero. Main wizard modes tend to come when I least expect them.

Did I mention I love SM??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.