Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lethal_inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Totally agree. Was just saying could start experimenting with the LEDs before getting OCD. I personally would not do spidey again without OCD.

What about using premium non-ghosting LEDs instead of the ocd board?

#102 8 years ago

How will they do the fading light effects with the new VE? Stern uses all LEDs now so they must have to address this feature right. Maybe the new Spike system does this or do you think the VE will still be SAM? So many questions, can't wait for the reveal!

#106 8 years ago

So one can still install the led ocd into IMVE to get the effect right? If SM is ever re-released this seems like it has to be a must do item.

1 month later
#120 8 years ago

Just picked up a beautiful SM and I have several questions. Anyone have issues with the ball lock? The diverter post works fine but a fast left orbit shot deflects off the diverter and bounces back out of the saucer entrance and goes back down the right orbit. The game still locks the ball but it does not go into the saucer all the time. Second is LEDing this game. From my understanding the 4 villain inserts in the middle of the playfield dim or get brighter as you defeat multiple levels of each villain and each spot for each villain also dims? I put a premium non ghosting warm white LED in the Sandman insert (yellow) and it strobes/flickers badly. Besides the LED OCD board, is there a better LED I can use to lower the strobing? Comet sells the ultimate optix lamp and they claim it reduces strobing and flickering. What else dims in this game? The mode inserts in the middle to do not dim correct? Thanks for the advice.

#122 8 years ago

Pinbits sells these spider foam circles and they describe it as 1" foam circles that are used as the fix on SM. What is it fixing?

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Use them to prevent bounce-outs from the Doc Ock hole.

Where do you put them, inside the blue pads? That's 2 of them, where's the third one go? Anyone have pictures please. Still looking for an explanation on the ball lock not going into the saucer from a hard left orbit shot. Thanks.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There is a picture in this link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-adjustments-need-help-dialing-in#post-864132
Also, make sure the magnet core is flush with the playfield so the ball will not jump up and hit the blue pad when Doc Ock is up.

Sorry, I don't see how these foam circles,
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_45&products_id=247
would attach to that chute. Seems like they want you to install it in the saucer? The above link shows the ball dead drop foam put into the chute?

1 week later
#134 8 years ago

Has anyone installed a color DMD in SM yet? Even tho the rom is not available the lcd screen in red should look pretty good. If I sell my JD I will have the color DMD and will most likely put it in SM.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone having issues with bounce outs from Doc Oc, the foam circles are great but you can also bend that bracket at the back of that area down a little, I rarely had any bounce outs after that.

Can you explain a little better or perhaps any pictures please? Thanks.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have a ColorDMD in mine. It is linked to my Speaker Light Kit ( speakerlightkits.com ) so it does whatever the light kits do, and I can change the settings with the remote that comes with the speaker lights. I switch it up, but have had it cycling between RBG and like that as it ties in with the villains in the game. I have had it in there for 2 or 3 years. ColorDMD is awesome...now when it gets colorized I'm set!
Phoebe

Is there a color that makes the images look any better than a different color?

#148 8 years ago

Wanting to put some warm white LED's in the GI. Does anybody know if any of the GI uses dimming? I thought somebody said the spotlights for each villain dim so is that true and is there any other area that you know of that dims in the GI?

#150 8 years ago

Thanks for clarifying that, makes "sense" now.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I just got done putting Comet's sunlight (not too cool, not too warm) frosted 2 smds in my SM. They may be the most beautiful LEDs I've ever seen and fit the game perfectly.

Can you post a few pics please?

1 week later
#157 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have sunlights in almost everything. Beautiful GI bulb. First thing that will be going in my VE.

I put those sunlights everywhere in the GI and wow, it looks great.

1 week later
#160 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I took Spidey to the woodshed last night. I successfully completed every mode, beat superhero, and had x6 for every shot for the rest of the game, all on the first ball. I was well on my way to a second superhero, but once I got close to 4 billion, I drained on purpose so the score wouldn't roll. I drained ball two and three intentionally. (this picture is before I launched and drained ball 2)
This was set to tournament mode with no extra balls. I've scored higher, but I've never played a perfect game before. I never thought I would, especially on only one ball.
Best game of my entire life. I feel like I pitched a no hitter or something.

gc_(resized).jpg

Why would it roll over at 4 billion? I can see 9,999,999,999...

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

that's such an astonishingly high score to me that I really can't even fathom it. that's just a ridiculous ton of successful shots and lack of bad bounces. stunning. I'm blown away by that score and it helps me realize how bad I am to be happy when I get 200m on the game.

I agree, my highest score so far is somewhere around 243 million. Have yet to even come close to super hero.

#166 8 years ago

I asked this in another thread but I was wanting to know how Bang was able to get 6X super jackpots to reach this score? There are only 5 modes and as far as I know when you finish all the white spiders to start a mode is when you shoot a certain shot for X2 scoring on that shot. Therefore you have to do all 5 modes and hit the same shot so that certain shot is 6X super jackpot when in black suit multiball? Someone please clarify. Thanks.

1 week later
#178 8 years ago

Just wondering if anybody has installed those blue web plastic protectors from Pinbits and if you could post a picture? I like the fluorescent look of these protectors in the lower part of the playfield. I've installed the green ones for MET and got some yellow orange ones for GOT. Want to see how it would look on SM. Thanks.

#180 8 years ago

Would have been nice to see with the GI on. Anybody else?

#183 8 years ago

Thanks KG! they look great. I was hoping they would have a little more blue fluorescent throw off to enhance the lower part by the flippers.

#185 8 years ago

I understand that but not the same look as the neon looking plastic protectors IMO. Plus I really don't like color in the GI.

#186 8 years ago

Sweet! Just got to Super Hero today and failed miserably but still fun. I asked Tim over at Mezel Mods to make some neon red and blue sling and lane protectors. Hope he comes through, I think it would make that lower part of the playfield look awesome. Now we just need some redone plastics for the slings, lanes, and spider sense area. This game is awesome!

2 weeks later
#191 8 years ago

My Sandman VUK switch is not registering all the time when a ball is in there. Has to do a ball search before kicking out the ball. Go into test mode and switch activates when pushed all the way down. Ball is not pressing switch down far enough. Is there a way to adjust it without removing the switch? Not very much room back there.

#193 8 years ago

Can someone explain the shot multipliers and how it stacks? You complete all the white spider targets to light a mode and the next you make I believe it makes that shot X 2. So, you have to keep going on the same ball, complete the mode, shoot all the white spider targets again and hit the same shot that is already multiplied to stack it to X 4? Kinda confused on that part. Also is there a way to increase the jackpots on BS and Battle Royal multiballs? Thanks!

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Start by shooting all shots with lit white spider inserts. Once every shot is hit, the inserts will flash. Your next shot will x2 that shot for the duration of your current ball. Once you hit your shot, that insert will stay lit to indicate the multiplier. You can also combine a mode start with that shot if you want, so shooting the left or right orbit will double that shot and start your next mode.
Successfully completing a mode will cause the inserts to flash again. Your next shot will be x3 for the duration of your current ball. Once you hit your shot, that insert will stay lit to indicate the multiplier.
You can triple an already doubled shot, meaning you can overwrite a x2 and make it a x3. Though it's really best to spread the multipliers around.
The lit insert indicating a multiplier will differ depending on whether you are using LEDs or incandescents, but once you know what you are looking for, you won't miss it.
I put the multipliers importance in this order:
1. Left Orbit/Spinner (This is a shot I will be hitting often, plus it starts a mode)
2. Doc Ock (Arguably the most important multiplier, but comes 2nd due to not starting a mode. Multiplies Doc Ock super jps)
3. Right Ramp (Won't be utilized too often, but will multiply Battle Royal jps)
4,5. Both Venom ramps (I don't find one more important than the other, and both multiply Black Suit super jps, but those can be rare)
6. Right Orbit (doesn't get hit as often, and there just isn't much to multiply there)
Oh, and beat Super Hero to get everything you've already done to be x2 for the remainder of your current ball.
Hope that helps.

Nice explanation! Thanks!

3 weeks later
#271 7 years ago

My original Spidey seems really "bouncy" around the flippers and just wondering if some new sling rubbers might help this issue. Compared to my other Sterns, GOT and MET, the ball is still controllable but SM seems to have more bounces and a lot of ball back spin.

1 week later
#300 7 years ago

Got my wiring harness for my colorDMD since I had a spare. Really hope they color SM someday. Was thinking about getting a RGB speaker light kit and adaptor to also change colors on the DMD. Do you think this would be a good addition till it gets the color treatment? Also when and if it does get colored, does the RGB need to be removed from the DMD?

1 week later
#345 7 years ago

Does anybody know where I can get the Spider-man fold down topper that replaces the Tournament fold down. Not looking for the lighted topper from Laserific, but just a replacement for that fold down Tounament? Thanks.

3 weeks later
#381 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Me three! Sandman VUK is brutal. About 2 months old 400-500 plays. Ordering some additional mylar.

That is not good to have that king of dimpling in such a new game. The older one does not make that damage from the Sandman VUK. In fact I think mine actually deflects the ball somewhat towards the lanes where it kinda hits the rubber post in the center lane instead of directly on the playfield. I would see if you can re-direct the ball before that gets worse.

#395 7 years ago

That is pretty cool. You should see if you can change images to include all the villains too.

6 months later
#503 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy the folding SM topper to replace the "TOURNAMENT" one that came stock? Don't want the lit up topper just a replacement for the folding sign. Thanks.

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What does the folding SM topper look like? I don't think I have ever seen something like that. Are you referring to the McKee topper?

It's not the McKee topper, its just something that replaces the tournament fold down sign but looks much better. I'll see if I can get a pic.

2 weeks later
#527 7 years ago

So who's going to make the exit to shooter lane for original SM and make an extra for me to buy?

#535 7 years ago

It's a safe way for the ball to go back to the shooter lane for hitting a good shot at the spider sense shot. Without the lane exit and hitting that shot, the ball goes to the right outlane area and may go down the outlane instead of the inlane. Plus if it goes to the shooter lane you plunge to be pops and get a good shot at Venom as well.

#537 7 years ago

I think it was originally designed this way but don't know why it didn't go into production like that?

6 months later
#705 6 years ago

I bought everything to do the spider sense exit to shooter lane mod but just haven't had the time this summer. I still think this is one of Sterns best. I can make it to Super Hero but have not beat it yet. One of these days!

5 months later
#746 6 years ago

The spotlight lamp for the green goblin spotlight has fallen out several times now and want to know a better way for the lamp to stay in place. This last time, I wasn’t there and ended up finding the lamp jammed in my ball trough because the game couldn’t locate the balls. Some have used hot glue but really don’t want to go there, other options?

1 week later
#754 6 years ago

Finally did the spider sense exit to shooter mod. Awesome change. It should have been in production this way. No more cheap outlane drains for hitting a great shot for me.

5 months later
#895 5 years ago

I like em, nice job! Can you post a printable version on here. Thanks.

4 months later
#1007 5 years ago

I must be missing something cause anytime I raise/lower my play field nothing touches the sides. It goes up and rests on the head then right back down, not a scratch??

2 months later
#1070 5 years ago

This is the reason the spider sense exit to shooter mod is awesome. You collect a spider sense award and have a safe return to either the pops or your upper right flippper.

2 weeks later
#1086 5 years ago

Me personally, I like just the regular non-ghosting LED’s without OCD because if the shot is lit for a multiplier the insert looks different, tweaked if you will because of the dimming effect, and I can tell which shot is multiplied instead of the dimming which is hard to tell on the fly when your playing. Same thing for the villain inserts, if you have not completed all 3 modes for each villain the insert lighting is again tweaked so I know right a way that that villain has not yet been fully beat. Either way this game still kicks ass!

1 month later
#1135 5 years ago

Unless you like the art of the VE, which I personally do not, the original is better.

1 week later
#1197 5 years ago

Color DMD is the best mod you can do for any game. The videos look better in dots then in hi res but a must buy for sure. I also really like the spider sense to shooter lane mod as it takes away the cheap drains when you hit that shot. This game is the whole package IMO. Great rules, great call outs, and great wizard modes.

#1205 5 years ago

You have to fab it yourself with some additional parts. Pretty easy and worth it. You have to read this whole post and you will find the parts needed or do a forum search. Sorry I do not know off hand but I just followed the info here on Pinside.

#1222 5 years ago

Wondering how these holes on SM are suppose to help you align the flippers? My other Sterns have the toothpick holes at the tip of the flippers and these ones make no sense.

BD589E1B-01CC-411A-BEAB-F4CA1EE723F3 (resized).jpegBD589E1B-01CC-411A-BEAB-F4CA1EE723F3 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

One of the big things that people might not be aware of are the shot multipliers. The first one can be earned by completing all of the white arrows (to qualify mode start at the orbits) once you've made all of the white arrows, all shots will be lit and the next shot you make will qualify that shot for 2x for the remainder of the ball.
The other one is completing a mode, as I mentioned in my last post. Once a mode is completed, all the white shots will light up and the next shot will be 3x for the remainder of the ball. I like to qualify the left ramp (for Venom modes) and the Doc Ock shot (for obvious reasons) if I know I'm going to be getting BR, I'll try to get the right ramp multiplied, but all the stars haven't aligned for me yet.

Yes, way easier said then done. I still think SM is one of Sterns best. Once you get the ramps and loops dialed in this game is a fun fast flowing beast.

4 weeks later
#1288 4 years ago

The last GG is the hardest one. The targets roam and you have to hit the roaming target I think 10 or 12 times. Get a multiball going and you might have better luck.

3 months later
#1426 4 years ago

Spider-Man is the way better game. Getting medals for modes is weak plus the Venom shot from the upper right flipper is more satisfying than the warp ramp. ST is a great game, but SM is a epic game.

2 weeks later
#1441 4 years ago

Very nice machine! Spidey rules. I would suggest doing the spider sense to shooter lane mod to complete it.

4 weeks later
#1486 4 years ago

Very nice! SM kicks ass. What speakerlight kit do you have in there?

4 weeks later
#1514 4 years ago

Nice! Would you mind sharing that game code? What else did you change?

1 week later
#1537 4 years ago

Looks great! I did my GI in sunlight 2SMD and it came out great too. Great game shout out!

4 weeks later
#1551 4 years ago

For me, back handing Doc-Oc is the best and easiest way to get him. The right ramp and either ramp for that matter is hard to back hand but can be done. Need to get the ramp shots down from the opposite flippers and you’ll see flow galore. That’s the awesomeness in this game along with all the modes and multi balls and villain battles. Practice practice. It’s one of the best!

1 month later
#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

They are 44 / 47 bulbs.
I would go with the original...colored incandescent bulbs (blue and yellow). They are the best of both worlds in my opinion. They look good when they are not on and the look good when they are on. Classy is really how I would describe colored incandescent bulbs. I don't like the cheap look of the condoms or the white domes on direct view indicator LED lights. Also...some LEDs won't fit in the Venom and Sandman mode indicator locations as the bulbs can be fatter than the holes in the backboard.
https://www.pinballlife.com/colored-incandescent-bulbs.html
As for the back row of lights, they were originally white...and I can't see any reason they would be anything else. I can see a person switching them to LEDs, but I would keep them white, but may make sure to go with a warm or "sunlight" white to go along with the backboards skyline theme.

Exactly this. Use the colored incandescents in blue and yellow for the backboard villain lights and frosted sunlights for the top ones.

#1612 4 years ago

We need a code update Lyman!

1 month later
#1636 4 years ago

I have non ghosting LED’s in my inserts and I personally like the effects caused by dimming. It makes the inserts look weird which tells me right away that that particular shot is lit for a multiplier or that villain is not completed. It’s hard to tell by incandescent dimming so I personally like it.

#1638 4 years ago

Read my post above. When you complete the white spider arrows you not only qualify to start a mode but you also light the shots for a multiplier. What ever shot you hit changes the dimming in that arrow so you know it’s multiplied. Also when you complete a mode you light the shots for a multiplier again.

2 weeks later
#1658 4 years ago

That’s why you need the spider sense lane mod. Stops that randomness by exiting back to the shooter lane instead.

1 month later
#1716 3 years ago

As far as I know most of the Stern games have the flipper alignment hole positioned at the tip of the flipper. The holes in my SM are way off from the tip. Why is it like this in SM? Is everyone else’s like that? What good are the alignment holes if they are way off like that? Currently my flippers are in line with the ball guides. Just curious.

35C42F9B-B957-4D3A-8689-9402B36C4B17 (resized).jpeg35C42F9B-B957-4D3A-8689-9402B36C4B17 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Anyone happen to know where to find a bulb quantity list or map with color inserts. Wanna get enough without paying for too many. Just ordered cliffy set, ledocd, and gizmo. And just going through the list of worth it upgrades. Any suggestions welcome.

Should be in the owners manual. I’d suggest the spider sense lane mod so shots to the spider sense return to the shooter lane and not to the right lanes where you risk losing the ball to the out lane.

11 months later
#2126 2 years ago

The new Spider-Man movie No Way Home was great and it really put some new life into this game for me. One of my favorites and will probably never leave. I have been to Superhero twice but still have not finished it.

3 months later
#2254 1 year ago

I am sadly leaving the club and going to sell my SM for a new game. No more room and one has to go. I believe I have had this game the longest in my collection so that tells you how good this game is. I truly will miss it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lethal_inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=lethal_inc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.