Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1710 3 years ago

Hi

Could some kind person please take a close-up or two of this area? I'm buying a Spidey at a good price but it looks like the blue pad and end of the ramp might have broken off.

TIA

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Here you go. Mine was missing this rubber piece and both the Venom ramp and left ramp were broken because of it. Bought new ramps and ordered all the parts and installed it. Now all is right with the world.

Thank you so much. Did you have to transfer decals to the new ramps?

1 week later
#1720 3 years ago

So my Spidey arrived and there's more broken stuff than I realised. Can I please get a photo of how this part should look? (I know the plastics are missing).

IMG_20200603_202227 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_202227 (resized).jpg
#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Hope this picture helps...Ignore the spider man and new goblin figurines, those were added.

Thanks, it looks like I'm missing a long hex post (not sure if that's the correct term) that goes in front of the star post.

#1723 3 years ago

Is anyone selling the plastic sides for the VUK arch?

#1726 3 years ago

Very good, all I need now is the height of the pillar. Maybe that's in the manual.
Update: I don't think the manual is that detailed.

#1728 3 years ago

Deleted

#1729 3 years ago

My top Sandman arrow and the Sandman flasher are not working. It seems odd that these are the only two lights not working but the wiring at the holders look OK. Is there any weird reason for this or is it just normal lamp/flasher diagnostics at this point?

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Just for sanity check, if above does not work, you went into the all lamp test and the top arrow is the only one not working? Same for testing the flashers?

The arrow lamp was the only one not lighting in the all lamps test and the arrow flasher was not lighting during the flasher cycle. However, I just had the weirdest repair session ever. I couldn't see any breaks in the wiring so I tested for volts at the arrow lamp and saw some so I replaced the bulb and it worked. The reason it's weird is that the bulb I replaced was a brand new one. After that, I tested the flasher in the single flasher test and it worked.

#1754 3 years ago

How does the variable insert brightness look with the LEDOCD, is it obvious? I don't even know what it looks like with incandescents, since I'm still in the repairs and cleanup stage with my new Spidey.

1 week later
#1771 3 years ago

I've read about Doc Ock bounce outs but on my game a clean shot flies out of the right hand side. Should there be anything in place to stop that or is a bit of scoop bending required?

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

That's weird. Take a picture of the area if you can

IMG_20200622_183116 (resized).jpgIMG_20200622_183116 (resized).jpg
#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Appears that it broke the plastic along that side which probably keeps the ball from kicking out most of the time. I wonder if anyone sells a protector for that one?

I have a cunning plan.
IMG_20200623_193446 (resized).jpgIMG_20200623_193446 (resized).jpg

#1783 3 years ago

I'm pleased with this replacement for the plastic. I took some rough measurements and got my daughter to model and print it and it fits perfectly.
IMG_20200624_103209 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_103209 (resized).jpg

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Nice work, isn't it ridiculous how expensive plastics are for Stern games? You can get commonly broken single pieces for all sorts of Bally and B/W games but not modern Sterns. The one up by the pops that the Sandman VUK breaks all the time is another great example, have to buy a full set just to replace it.

So many of my plastics are broken that a full set wouldn't be wasted but I do resent the cost of such stuff and probably will leave it to the next owner if they're bothered.

1 month later
#1815 3 years ago

Does anyone else's right flipper feel significantly weaker than the left, even after a rebuild? I'm wondering whether this is actually a thing or if I have a problem to fix. If feels quite free when operated by hand.

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

You’ve an issue to track down. Both flippers should feel the same. Possibly start with checking EOS gap.

My EOS on the right actually opens later and less than the one on the left. I presume having it open earlier would make it less powerful.

1 week later
#1820 3 years ago

It turns out my EOS switch wasn't closing tightly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=insx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.