Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dimthedaylights.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1363 4 years ago

Need some Noob help here so please go easy on me and explain it like im 5 lol. So I just got my first pin in my house the 2007 spider-man wooo! everything works great with one exception and i cant quite figure it out. The left bumper constantly goes off on its own and registers points. this happens when the ball loads when you take shots you name it, i did some research and looks like its just an adjustment but i dont fully understand it and dont want to mess it up so any help from you fine folks would be greatly appreciated!

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

When you say left bumper, do you mean the three pop bumpers up top where you plunge to, or are you referring to the left sling shot (triangle piece right above the flipper)
Knowing names of things will help diagnosis, so I'm letting you know the difference (not trying to be rude)

good call ha the left sling shot when looking down at the machine above the left flipper, included a picture as well:

IMG_0699 (resized).jpegIMG_0699 (resized).jpegIMG_0700 (resized).jpegIMG_0700 (resized).jpeg
#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oops! You were referring to the slinsghot, not the pop bumper. I'd still recommend taking a look at that first video. It will help you understand exactly how a pop bumper works. For the slingshot adjustment, check out this video ...

you are a hero!!!!! and that was way easier than I expected thank you sooo much!!!!!

7 months later
#1660 4 years ago

Anyone installed one of the newer stern shaker motors (the ones with the ground and j16 wiring harness included). I’m having a ton of issues.

with that harness in place the ball sensor opto boards are extremely low and give bad readings like there are balls in the lane when there are not(the red lights are extremely faded), with that harness removed they work fine. Tested continuity in the harness and it seems fine. Also tested with different opto boards and same result. why would installing this harness cause the opto boards to not work?

I’m wondering if I can just cut the ground off the harness and splice it into the j16 ground. I did something like that originally when I attached the ground to the cabinet but then the transistor blew (which may not of been related) so I just want to attempt to get it right this time.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Mate I'm having a self isolation party atm so been drinking so can't advise confidently, but I'll check out my notes tomorrow. I made a connection to the ground braid by memory on mine as it went mental when I first installed the shaker. Will chime in later if someone else doesn't beforehand. I'm sure I found the solution on pinside btw

great would love any insight anyone has as stern support is currently closed

#1664 4 years ago

Amazing!!! Ok I will try this! No downside to grounding in the cab right?

#1665 4 years ago

I’m asking because there’s a bit more to the saga lol I did that originally and blew the transistor On the shaker board. Could of been me could of been a bad board.

Saga here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-shaker-motor-dmd-issues#post-5597107

#1667 4 years ago

Alright so update on this nonsense, grounded the wire to the cabinet as suggested and the dmd shows weird issues when the motor is active, with the ground connected to j16 no issues with dmd. I think I may just need a different z connector

24B5C6B2-BA6E-42C9-BE41-FD69CD08330A (resized).jpeg24B5C6B2-BA6E-42C9-BE41-FD69CD08330A (resized).jpegC296B991-32CB-4349-B94B-9E0E52097837 (resized).jpegC296B991-32CB-4349-B94B-9E0E52097837 (resized).jpeg
#1671 4 years ago

While I’m waiting for the shaker motor to hopefully resolve.

What’s the ultimate answer on leds for their machine I’ve read a bunch in this thread but what’s the best kit out there or best way to approach leds

#1672 4 years ago

Also I got a little
Adventurous today and wanted to post if anyone else runs into this. With embryon suggestion of grounding in the cab my dmd would show lines when shaking. So I ran the ground cable above where the ground grounds the display in the backbox. Now we’re shaking away!

2 weeks later
#1689 3 years ago

anyone steer me in the right direction on colordmd please. I picked one up for my lah and led was the only option. For spiderman i can get either lcd or led, whats best for spiderman?

#1697 3 years ago

Other thing is it will be next to a machine that I just put an led in so will I just compare and wish I did led if I do lcd lol. I still can’t decide!

#1699 3 years ago

So pulled the trigger went led. But quick question am I supposed to have a visible gap between the display? Should I just reverse the mounting bolts?

2EA5AE17-F0CA-4496-A5DC-FFC63B58F5E6 (resized).jpeg2EA5AE17-F0CA-4496-A5DC-FFC63B58F5E6 (resized).jpeg
#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

What are your thoughts about the led? You happy with the choice?

I’m super impressed how much a difference the color makes. I didn’t think it would be that much better but it definitely is.

As far as led vs lcd until I get an lcd I won’t truly know but I do like the deep colors of the led

1 month later
#1758 3 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

I know it’s just part of the game, but has anyone had any success at limiting the bounce back on doc ock from the left flipper on OG Spidey? I feel like 50% of my clean shots bounce back. That seems like a very high percentage.

You can bend a spot in the scoop, I can’t remember exactly but it’s in this thread somewhere and helped me a ton

4 months later
#1839 3 years ago

help my stupidity, there is no way to adjust the trough eject power on the 2007 machine right?

and if not what's the best option for a shooter lane showing wear? Mezel? cliffy?

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Check to see if the welds on the trough chute are cracked.

welds look good

2 weeks later
#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from Eggrock:

I’ve had my SM for almost a week now and starting to get a good feel of the game. I have a hard time with the left ramp though. It’s significantly harder to make than the right ramp.
When shot at, the ball often don’t have the strength to make the whole ramp and is rejected back. Shooting the left ramp with the ball stationary at the right flipper feels almost impossible. When I do make it, it’s almost always with a hard volley shot or when the ball is already in motion.
It definitely requires perfectly aimed shots. The right ramp is much easier.
Is the left ramp known to be hard? I’m thinking of making some adjustments to the ramp or maybe the angle of the playfield. Or is it just my aim that needs improvement?

Check your pitch and level, should not be that hard I can hit it with both flippers quite easily

#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Helping a buddy update his pins. What is the last update from SM?
Done with a thumb drive like all the newer Sterns? (Been a while since I looked at SM boards

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

3 weeks later
#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from Eggrock:

I have a minor but irritating problem.
If the Sand Man is raised and open for scoring, after locking a ball at the Doc magnet for Bank Bust, a new ball is sent from the plunger to the hole behind sand man and the game assumes that I scored the Sand Man.
What could it be that causes this?

I’m going off memory here but there should be a gate or something when a ball is plunged it shouldn’t go all the way around it should stop and fall into the pop bumpers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dimthedaylights.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=dimthedaylights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.