Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#672 6 years ago

Finally got the cinema room finished after a complete house rebuild and so Spider-Man is finally installed in the cinema room where it belongs

IMG_7913 (resized).jpgIMG_7913 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#683 6 years ago

Got a couple of issues with my Spiderman.

The spinner doesn't appear to sit right, when coming to rest it isn't vertical but angled towards the flippers. As a result, I'm getting a lot of rejects when trying to shoot it, its impossible to backhand from the left flipper as the ball doesn't have the momentum and just hits the angled spinner and bounces back.

Other thing is there's no rubber on the post at the exit of the Spider Sense shot - should there be somthing there? I seem to be getting a lot of drains down the right outlane after going through spider sense.

Spinner closeup (resized).jpgSpinner closeup (resized).jpg

Spinner Overhead view (resized).jpgSpinner Overhead view (resized).jpg

Spider sense return (resized).jpgSpider sense return (resized).jpg

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The post did not ship with a rubber. I suspect that was found to be the best option to have the ball not go to the outlane too often.

OK, thanks, guess I just need to get better at nudging it away from the outlane then!

Quoted from DCFAN:

For the spinner I would check to see if the axle ends are rubbing on anything. I would also try taking apart the area and put it back together to see if that solves the leaning.

Quoted from stoptap:

You can GENTLY bend a spinner so it sits correctly. Support the bracket in one hand and then adjust the spinner by pushing it firmly one way or the other with the other hand.

It doesn't seem to be catching on anything - I can spin it fine by hand. I've had a go at bending the wire which comes out of it and nothing I do seems to cause it to change the angle it sits at. The issue appears to be that the centre of gravity of it means it doesn't hang straight down and I can't quite figure out which way bending it would affect that.

Bending the metal bracket which goes over the lane won't do it, as the spinner sits freely in the holes in that metal frame. I'm guessing I need to remove the spinner from that bracket and then bend the small wires which come out of the spinner and they seem like they're ready to snap off at any moment (I guess that's why you said gently) - am I trying to move the spinner up/down or back/forwards, or is it just trial and error and hope it doesn't break off?

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

It is very subtle movement. Definitely don't bend the bracket. I have done all my spinnersand have even managed to get the spinner on my LOTR to lean backwards a little bit which makes the ring shot a lot more consistent.
When holding the bracket push the centre of the spinner either towards the flippers or away from them.

Thanks for the advice, I've managed to bend it back slightly - I figured that as its been hit by the ball from the flippers a lot I should be pushing it back towards the flippers. It isn't perfect but its better than it was, I'll try and push it a little further at the weekend.

Quoted from stoptap:

The first step for me when tackling Stern flipper buzz is a rebuild. New pawl plunger/pawl, coil stop and coil sleeve. Flipper bushes too usually.

So is the buzz 'normal' or a sign of a problem? I'm still learning and a few machines I've played buzz when holding the flipper so I'd assumed it was fairly normal.

Got a couple of other issues now I've played a bit more, the Dock Ock eject sometimes doesn't send the ball back to the right wire ramp and onto the flipper, sometimes it falls from the top of the loop and back onto the playfield - I can't see much to adjust there (but its very annoying when it happens during a good game).

Also, I've got a Technician Alert for Switch #22 Trough Jam - I've been through the manual and I cannot figure out where that switch is - I'm clearly just being dumb, but is it under the playfield somewhere?

#701 6 years ago

Thanks, Doc Oc didn't fail once this evening (but I was awful, so hardly hit it - for some reason even backhand was way off as I kept hitting the upper flipper!), but I spoke too soon on the spinner, definitely needs moving again, so I'll be trying that tomorrow.

The buzz isn't doing any harm though whilst I'm holding the flipper in the up position? I've seen a few (old) posts where fuses blowing was mentioned

Still can't figure if I get to switch #22 from above or below - I can see it on the drawing but can't find a switch there

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Remove the apron (the metal piece that has the instruction and pricing cards inserted in it). Then you will be abe to see the trough switches. A clean of the optos and reseat of the connectors (with the power OFF) will usually sort it.

Thanks, service alert on Switch #22 is now gone!

Doc Oc eject seems fine when the machine starts up, but if its been on for an hour or so and I've played for a while (say 30min playtime) then it seems to start failing. The ball makes it to the top of the slinger, and then falls down onto the playfield. I can't find that it is misaligned and running my finger around it I can't find any obstructions.

Should the machine keep the correct date/time when it is turned off? Probably a really dumb question, but if it is off for a couple of days, the clock seems to stay where it was (eg yesterday when I turned it on it had 1st August as the date as I last played on Tuesday). Not sure if it has an RTC, suggesting the battery is dead, or whether that's normal?

Sorry for so many questions!

8 months later
#848 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I disagree (perhaps I have no brain, like the Scarecrow), unless you go to the expense of putting in OCDLED you lose some of the stock insert lighting effects for the villains. I know some don't care about this but I do

What do you lose? (or loose?)

Each villain has three separate indicators elsewhere anyway: Venom & Sandman at the back and Goblin and Doc on the playfield which flash when running and stay solid when complete each stage or have I misunderstood?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=cyberkryten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.