Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 8 years ago

I have a Spider-Man VE coming, and it's time to order stuff. Are there any protectors I should order? I know a lot of the cliffys come with the VE that people have installed on their OG SM, but is it missing anything?

-I'm getting the shooter lane protectors.

Does the pinbits plastic set work for the VE? I'm not sure if all the plastics are the same. Anything else?

Thanks in advance! I can't wait to be playing my spidey

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Shooter lane is all you need. You only need the 2 pieces for the playfield. The 3rd piece is already installed. Not the best pic in the world, but you can make out the 3rd protector already installed.

IMG_1800_(1)_(resized).jpg

By the "3rd piece" do you mean the L bracket that goes next to the leveling bubble?

#227 8 years ago

Also does that not have service rails? It looks like it's up on posts

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes, that's what I mean.
Sorry that I didn't take a new picture for you, but I had that picture already on my phone.
And it has the newer service rails. Playfield doesn't come out that far with the pegs.
Reason why I had the picture, is if you notice, the side has metal instead of wood. I'm not sure if that is something new starting with Spider-Man or it just worked out that way.

So, they put a metal protector on a metal rail? That's interesting

1 week later
#232 8 years ago

I wish this thread was more active. It's sad that there's only 200 posts in a Spider-Man club. Especially with the VE out.

Let's see some pics of your games, mods, high scores, broken stuff, etc.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Picking my VE up tomorrow. I will be finding some way to get my light kit in there for sure. Different villains = different colors, etc. Prime candidate for a ramped up GI show! Should be plenty of thread fodder.

I can't wait to see it!

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Here's my latest mod called "WTF?"

IMG_1980_(resized).JPG

Does anyone know if SM has the same code AFM has, where you could get another sandman completion by hitting that trapped ball into the hole during multiball?

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Translite reflected in the clear..

image_(resized).jpeg

That clear coat looks awesome! I'm so glad stern is putting better clear on their games now

2 weeks later
#292 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What's the street price for a NIB Spidey Vault Ed?

About 6700

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

That should get it delivered.

Yeah, delivered to your door.

#304 7 years ago

Can someone tell me what the difference between Spider-Man black and red is? Besides the art package, chrome trim, and the smaller run.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

that and:
backbox is a gorgeous mirrored backglass and I believe black came with a shaker stock.
no gameplay differences, they didn't get cute like that until Tron '10-'11 I believe?

Thanks! There's a huge price difference, so I thought there might be more I was missing. Must just be the rarity and sweet art package

#309 7 years ago

I wonder why the black version isn't on the top 100. It's ranked at #7 if you look at the specific game page, but doesn't show up on the list.

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I wanted to be in club spidey so in my search I ended up putting a deposit on the vault edition. The black edition wasn't enough different to justify the price spread and the price of used spider-mans wasn't low enough to justify the savings on buying used. Can't wait to get it. I an not such a fan boy that I care about the movie art vs comic art nor movie callouts vs new call outs. It just has to play like spider-man! YMMV

Congrats. I'm literally waiting on my porch for my VE to show up right now.

#313 7 years ago

Boom just showed up

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#319 7 years ago

Got my spidey in place. It needed a tiny adjustment on the right orbit ball guide, but that's it. The clear looks incredible and it plays smooth as butter.

It definitely plays a little easy. Has anyone here removed the post or made their game super steep to help make it more of a challenge? I'm about 20 games in and have gotten to battle royal 3 times.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#327 7 years ago

Is your VE playfield numbered? I noticed mine has 2 stickers with (Spider-Man 172)and (#30 of 410).Is this common on sterns? My Metallica doesn't have anything like that

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#336 7 years ago

Nice lineup!

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Hey guys i played Sm on vpinball and it made me choose song at start of the game
I got my Sm (2007) this week and it does not let me choose , I looked up in the settings but can't find anything
Thanks

Are you sure you weren't playing AC/DC or Metallica on vpinball?

#351 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Really sure. mAybe it was on futur pinball but I really had to choose a song

That's interesting. Were they all Spider-Man theme songs?

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

First time poster here... I just took a trip to Binghamton NY to check out robot city games. I stumbled on Spider-Man at a different arcade and I wanted to buy it and take it home that night! So much fun and it looks great. It was also the first pinball machine I ever played with a shaker motor and it scared the crap out of me
When I looked up the price my heart sank. Wish it was closer to home as I can't drop $8k on a machine

Quoted from DCFAN:

$8000? You should be able to get a new SM for about $6700 shipped.

You can definitely get one for 6700 new, shipped to your door. Just call some distributors for availability. If that's still too much, but you can swing 5k, yiu could always get an original SM and out a shaker in it.

1 week later
#355 7 years ago

How does the ball return to your flippers on a right orbit shot?
When I make the full loop the ball nicks the rubber post by the green goblin targets and goes right down the drain. I replaced the rubber with a different size and have the same issue. If I remove the rubber completely I'm sure it would return to the left flipper.
Does anyone else have this problem?

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Had this. Remove the plastics on the left side (you may have to remove the wireform too) and access the screws that hold on the metal guide rail that feeds the ball around. There is a little bit of slop in the hole, and you can push the guide rail out further than the rubber, then tighten it down in that new position.

Cool! Thanks, I'll try this! I thought about moving that metal rail, but it didn't look like it would have any slack.

1 week later
#367 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It may be redundant for the villain modes but it's not redundant for the white inserts showing the 2X (very dim) and 3X multiplier shots. I'm really surprised they didn't do something to address that by default, I've never played the VE so maybe they have and I don't know it.

I don't see any difference for the lit 2x and the lit3x inserts on the VE. I don't know how much it really affects gameplay anyway. You know what shots are multiplied and you're shooting them regardless.

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ive had my smve for about a month or so. Seems like the ball comes out of the lock VUK with some serious force that has to wear break stuff over time. Anything specific i can do to help prevent wear? Double up on the factory mylar?

Wow, how many plays did that happen in?

#373 7 years ago

Does it feel like the playfield is dented?

#380 7 years ago

I looked last night and didn't think I had the same dent on mine, but it's there. It's just not as obvious, yet..

6 months later
#497 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I think it's a 2X for completing all the white inserts, or qualifying a mode but not necessarily starting it.
3x is offered if you complete a mode.

This is correct. After completing all the white inserts, all the shots will flash. The first one you hit will be 2x until the end of the ball. The same flashing happens after a mode is completed. The next shot is 3x scoring.

1 year later
#760 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Might be leaving the club if anyone is interested in joining.
HUO 2007 Low Play SM
-Premium LEDs
-Spidey Sense lane mod
-LED lit sandman
-LED lit dock ock
-Pinvol volume controller
-Shaker
-Extra right ramp with decal
-Plastic Protectors
-extra sandman plastics
I can post pics, but where should I price this bad boy? I was thinking $5500?
Game is minty and looks/plays brand new.
PM if interested.

It all depends on if there’s a person near you looking for a spiderman with those mods.
I think you’ll have an easier time removing as many mods as possible and pricing the game lower
Right now it’s a buyers market. I recently sold a perfect SMVE with 200 plays, plastic protectors, and titan bands for $5800 and it took more than a month to sell.

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Is there any difference of rules between SM regular and VE?
Thanks

Nope. Same rules. They just changed the names of the modes.

2 weeks later
#778 6 years ago

Check if the correct coil is installed on your VUK.

1 month later
#819 6 years ago

I would play with the height of the magnet before altering the protector.

I am unfamiliar with how thick the protectors are. But if it’s significant, could you cut a hole where the magnet is and raise the magnet to be level with that surface?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=chubtoad13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.