Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 8 years ago

Didn't even realize there was a club...and still not sure if should be sharing this here or another thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-bsm-black-spider-man-plenty-of-mods-appreciation-picture-post

some love for a grand slam pin.

for anyone asking, my opinion- LED everything.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I purchased the Back Alley buildings and train mod. I am still yet to order the lightning for them though.
Is it easy to remove the buildings and train, should I want to install them before lightning arrives or should
I wait until I get the lights? It's just a question of a couple of weeks, but in any case it would be nice to try the
pin with the buildings and train

it's super easy. they're on Velcro and set-pins. Now- on the other hand, it's a bit more of a hassle to work on the machine once you have the lights adhered to the buildings and trains. Not the end of the world- but I'd recommend if you're doing any other work or mods to the machine to perform it before hand and do the light/buildings/train as your last. Great purchase- it's a huge difference maker of a lightshow.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

2015-11-28_19.40.58_(resized).jpg

Teo76, gorgeous-
I will be reaching out to you for a TWD premium door

1 month later
#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I set mine to (I think scan lines...) the one with no dots, I always get the names of the different settings mixed up...but anyway, no dots, and the movie scenes look better you can actually tell what some of them are instead of just blobs of red dots! They will look WAY better when they actually get colored (like IM)
Phoebe

is anyone confirmed to be working on coloring though?

3 weeks later
#163 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I took Spidey to the woodshed last night. I successfully completed every mode, beat superhero, and had x6 for every shot for the rest of the game, all on the first ball. I was well on my way to a second superhero, but once I got close to 4 billion, I drained on purpose so the score wouldn't roll. I drained ball two and three intentionally. (this picture is before I launched and drained ball 2)
This was set to tournament mode with no extra balls. I've scored higher, but I've never played a perfect game before. I never thought I would, especially on only one ball.
Best game of my entire life. I feel like I pitched a no hitter or something.

gc_(resized).jpg

that's such an astonishingly high score to me that I really can't even fathom it. that's just a ridiculous ton of successful shots and lack of bad bounces. stunning. I'm blown away by that score and it helps me realize how bad I am to be happy when I get 200m on the game.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I played two games before this one that didn't go as well

Shame - probably only had what 1 to 1.5B ? haha. Seriously can't wrap my head around that many shots made and that few bad bounces on slings!

#170 8 years ago

colorDmd installed and used a sigma to tie it to my interactive pinball refinery flasher package. I'll get a short vid up later today. it's a big improvement and hopefully something to entertain me until...if ever...the colored dots are released. little birdies tell me they will be but I don't know anything for sure.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

colorDmd installed and used a sigma to tie it to my interactive pinball refinery flasher package. I'll get a short vid up later today. it's a big improvement and hopefully something to entertain me until...if ever...the colored dots are released. little birdies tell me they will be but I don't know anything for sure.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Thank you, lb1. SM has my favorite kind of rule set. It's deeper than it appears at first glance, but it's not incredibly obtuse like TSPP, LOTR, or WOZ. I like those games too, but I find SM's playability is second to none. The wizard mode is not locked away behind a once in a lifetime game, and when you do make it there, it's incredibly well designed.
I may play my other games more at this point, but I will never sell it. It's my favorite machine, and I'd argue it's a perfect game. At least for me.
I currently have white rubber on it. For the slingshots, you could try slamming your palms down on the lockdown bar the moment it hits a slingshot. This can absorb some of the recoil and make for a more favorable bounce. It takes practice, and some people have better luck with it than others. It's worth giving it a shot though, especially if you know you're going to lose that ball anyway.

"The wizard mode is not locked away behind a once in a lifetime game"

With all due respect! you're an extraordinary player to achieve 1B+ (let alone 4B+!!) and to get to the wizard mode repeatedly. Based on what I know of the greater pinball community- Superhero is locked away in a once in a lifetime game. I've been there twice in a year and half with posts all the way down and one EB turned on and a reasonable tilts. So hard to bring it All together whether it's good bounces on Goblin Godspeed- venom 3rd ramp hits or getting ball to stay in doc ock saucer...

Still my 2nd fav game, just saying...

#179 8 years ago

I like them a lot- they are very subtle for what it's worth.
I think they'd be more noticeable if I had less other stuff around them (bac plastics, flipper toppers). they're not as blue as the Met set is green. it's a highly translucent blue

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#181 8 years ago

picky picky... haha

1 month later
#231 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I got to play one game at TPF. Other than a few mode names, no, there were no real changes to the rules that I noticed. I did notice the Spider Sense didn't seem to light or award correctly, but it could have been a bad switch or a light out. Sucks Bonesaw got removed, but seeing Mysterio in his place was still pretty cool.
I wasn't expecting a lot from the remake. It was pretty awesome though. The art isn't for me, but it's really nice if you like Ultimate stuff. I liked the dots and callouts more than I thought I would. It played very well. I found the slings to be a little weird and weakish. They kept tossing the ball from sling to sling over and over. After like 10 times I had to nudge them out of an infinite sling loop. I'm sure that's fixable though.
I got 3 Goblin shots from Superhero. I really wanted to see those dots, but whatever. I won the cash game. I saw just about everything there was to see with the vault, and it played nearly identically. I had no real complaints.
Unfortunately I don't think the vault code works on original machines. After playing it, I wouldn't even try. I think it would be really weird and disjointed.

smv_(resized).JPG

would love to see you play in person next year at TPF. you happen to be going to SFGE in ATL in June or Pinburgh at end of July?

#251 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I cannot stress how much of a pickup the sound package is. I know it's still SAM, but for the life of me it just sounds like they have better compression algorithms now, and/or have just taken the time to layer it better. The absence of that Venom screech is heaven. Playfield finish is deep and lustrous, just all round beautiful and of course one of the best rule sets ever. Never. Leaving. Again.

I know life and $ and blah blah...but for the life of me I can never comprehend how ppl ever own a game like this and ever sell it ^_^ Can't wait to see what/if you come up with anything crazy for it with your engineering skills!

1 week later
#272 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My original Spidey seems really "bouncy" around the flippers and just wondering if some new sling rubbers might help this issue. Compared to my other Sterns, GOT and MET, the ball is still controllable but SM seems to have more bounces and a lot of ball back spin.

flipper rubbers (or Titan silicone or super bands or pinball life silicone) vary greatly from unit to unit. experiment with them all. you might as well since they are extremely affordable and easily changed

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Reread this whole thread now that i have SMVE in the house. Didnt see anyone mention this so her it goes...
Are there any adjustments to the 1way gate on the right orbit shot? The ball clips that gate on my machine even on screaming orbit shots. Should the ball touch/glance the gate when its fully againt the outside ball guide?
I had a clean shot from the flippers go up the right orbit clear against the right ball guide, clip the gate and push it back leading to a glass off stuck ball.
Also sometimes the auto plunger fires the ball so hard it clips the under side of the right ramp wire form and sometimes even has air time enough to nail the side of the controlled gate in the back right corner.

I have issues with my OG spiderman not always clearing right orbit even when clean. You've inspired me to see if tweaks should be made to the one way half gate

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Got my wiring harness for my colorDMD since I had a spare. Really hope they color SM someday. Was thinking about getting a RGB speaker light kit and adaptor to also change colors on the DMD. Do you think this would be a good addition till it gets the color treatment? Also when and if it does get colored, does the RGB need to be removed from the DMD?

1) little birdies have told me OG spiderman is being worked and has been for mos... for what that's worth

2) yes tie your colorDmd into a speaker light kit. when and if it gets colored, I don't *think* you even need to snip/disconnect anything as the CDMD will no longer accept the sigma signals bec it will prioritize the actual Cdmd color coding dots

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/4#post-2997893

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Can someone tell me what the difference between Spider-Man black and red is? Besides the art package, chrome trim, and the smaller run.

that and:
backbox is a gorgeous mirrored backglass and I believe black came with a shaker stock.

no gameplay differences, they didn't get cute like that until Tron '10-'11 I believe?

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Thanks! There's a huge price difference, so I thought there might be more I was missing. Must just be the rarity and sweet art package

When I went seeking the game in Feb'15 I was dead set on not paying the extra for black. Then I saw a flawless black in person and fell in love. Gladly paid the extra.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Thought about this, but make sure you put mylar over the post hole. The clear will be prone to damage around the edge of the hole.

I've done this for league night before. Remove middle post, cover with Mylar, move outlanes all the way up and tighten the tilt a lot. Do those and report back whether it's still easy : ) only a semi-pro and above is going to insist it's still easy with those tweaks.

That's one of the reasons it's my second fav game. it's highly adjustable, seemingly more so than other games.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Heck of a nice game but how can someone spend 3000.00 on mods for sm,I would love to hear what it has on it for ideas

3 was an exaggeration. but you can spend 2+ (and it's worth it) I did everything here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-bsm-black-spider-man-plenty-of-mods-appreciation-picture-post

plus have since added a chrome door and color dmd.

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Not really sure what you mean but I just looked at the pin again and both English stays on
And the second green gobblin light stays on always

there are "switches", thin metal pieces that touch each other behind the green goblin light and a similar, yet different configuration under the E in Hero. he's thinking your switches are stuck together, always making contact, thus telling the game's computer that they're always "on"

compare examples of the switches that are behaving well to those that are not and you'll likely see a clear visual difference.

3 weeks later
#365 7 years ago

Color DMD announced for both '07 and for '16 SMVE ! Thanks to Eric the master dotter!

Interestingly, the '07 requires a newer color DMD, rev 1.3b. Should be any produced this year I'm told by Randy.

The SMVE will work with both newer and older Color DMD's.

#377 7 years ago

does the VUK have an adjustable power setting by any chance? if so, seems advisable to turn it down a few notches on SMVE's? definitely would double up on some Mylar there if I had a SMVE...yikes

5 months later
#486 7 years ago

Selling my very nice topper off my BSM. (Also considering selling Tron topper)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-all-metal-smbsm-topper

3 months later
#602 7 years ago

I got rejected by perfect dead on forehand shots to the doc scoop three times last night (despite having dead stop foam back there), during a good game, for me. Enough was enough, so today I took George's best fix that he made for the vault and applied it to my BSM. He made the scoop way bigger in vault and also made like a cliff that the ball falls off of.

A little bit of black burn mark from the dremel is visible to the player, but barely. I can live with it. I mod a ton and try to beautify a ton, but the number one factor is always flawless playability and a machine behaving as the designer intended.

This job was not for the faint of heart.

In three test games I got rejected about 1/5th as much as before. I'll take it.

If wondering, game is level and set to 6.6 pitch.

IMG_1430.JPGIMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1429.JPGIMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1431.JPGIMG_1431.JPG

IMG_1432.JPGIMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433.JPGIMG_1433.JPG

#605 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Good luck selling that machine down the line lol. Considering that most of us do not have that problem I am sure there would have been a more elegant way to solve your problem.

No worries there mate. I have a core group of games that will outlast me. Spidey stays in the family, already in my will.

Also- if you have a more elegant solution I'd like to hear it.

#608 7 years ago

Good suggestions. How about paint/clear covered by cliffies. ^_^ and then move the machine to a nuclear safe underground bunker!

#610 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Random - Did you try bending that back angle bracket AND putting drop dead foam in there. I tried the foam on mine and had some bounce outs still. I bent that angle bracket down a hair and haven't had one since. Obviously this question is a day late and a dollar short, just curious. It's your machine. If it plays better, and you're not looking to sell it, then cheers to you.

Yeah man, thanks I did try the bend as well. That helped only a little but was nowhere near satisfactory. It plays monumentally better now that I took the drastic measure as a final 3rd step.

Now I'm trying to get to Super Hero with middle post out and outlanes in position 3. A solid challenge match for my skill level. Can't stand when people bash on this game for being too long/easy. With a middle post and four outlane positions (and smaller flippers for pros), It's like the most adjustable game. Certainly the most adjustable in my modern Stern based collection.

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I own both but not had SM for that long.
So far, AFM is hands down the better game.
Just more fun, better flow, etc.

Disagree completely. A fine tuned, clean, spidey is light years better than medieval madness with martians. Not that medieval madness nor martians are bad- but spidey rules, flow, accessibility, adjustability, sounds, dots, atmosphere are the second best in all of pinball. And I'm talking regular '07 and '16 vault. AFM is fun and... kitschy while Spidey is fun, timeless, flawless, and well... Amazing.

#624 7 years ago

Just need to start the "white" modes, no need to complete them. need to complete all three levels of all four villains.

Note completion for doc ock is merely starting Armed at the dock multiball (don't need a super jackpot or anything)

3 weeks later
#645 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Huge kudos to Fliptastic for getting me my one and only missing game plastic.
Could not be happier finally having my game complete.

Pinside kicks as$ most of the time. Just don't pay attention to the overly negative reactions to any new release's artwork lol.

Lermods, way to go, the details matter and add up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=atlpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.