Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viperbsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1731 3 years ago

Just joined the club again with a Spiderman Vault Edition. Love the game and it is in like new condition. This one has interactive lights in the backboard that I have never seen before. They are awesome, but a bit bright, as are the stock LED's.

I owned a Spidy Vault in the past and I do not remember the LED's being so bright.

I may end up replacing some of the factory LED's with softer ones and add a color dmd.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are the general illumination LEDs frosted or clear. When I got my vault it had the factory clear top LEDs and they were horrible, swapped em all out for frosted dome topped LEDs

I just looked and they are all clear. Looks like I need to visit Comet LED's again. Thanks

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

stick an LED OCD board in it - that way you can lower brightness uniformly. Plus you get a much smoother lightshow, the way it was designed. I'd do that before swapping out the LEDs, although i also prefer frosted domes over clears.
ColorDMD goes without saying!

This is a good idea I had not thought of and much easier than swapping out all the LED’s

#1743 3 years ago

It’s just removal of the little crappy sub boards on each lamp matrix connector (bottom left of the left board). Iron Man VE & TWD Pro (amongst others) had them too. They’re there to mask the ghosting! LED OCD solves that for you too.

Good to know as I ordered the LED OCD board a few hours ago. Does anyone know if instructions are included for installing into the Spidy Vault Edition ?

#1746 3 years ago

Not explicitly for SM Vault, but generically for Stern SAM games:
Install:
http://www.ledocd.com/install_sam_r5.html
Software usage:
http://www.ledocd.com/usage_led.html
(You may decide that Profile 7, the one it defaults to for all inserts, needs to be less bright at the top end, in which case maybe use Profile 6 for all inserts. The only thing i always change is the delay number to either 1 or 2).
Also read up around this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/32#post-5402774
as there's a setting (maybe more than 1), which may be worth playing with after install, but then you're into "fiddly & subtle" territory.

Thank you. Appreciate the help !

#1747 3 years ago

Well I installed the LED OCD board into my Spidy Vault and what a difference it makes. I had to use the default settings as I am unable to get the LedOcd App to open on either of my laptops, but that is ok as it looks so much better.

I did not receive a USB cable with my kit so I am using an old one I had laying around, so that could be part of the issue with getting the app to load.

Now I need one for my TSPP that is also running all LED's

#1749 3 years ago

Games like TSPP and LOTR look terrible without LED OCD. Apologies if I just cost you a lot more money....

No problem and this hobby always cost me money, but that is ok.

I think this may be one of the best bang for buck mods out there. I did a before and after video just so I could see the difference and it is amazing how much better it looks with the LED OCD board installed.

herg did reach out to me this morning via email and I sent him a screenshot of the error I am getting. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong.

#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Could you post the video? I’d love to see it!

I tried to upload them, but it says they are of an "invalid" extension. I can upload pics, but not a video it appears....

#1756 3 years ago

The difference is even more noticeable in person. I looked at the video's again and although they do show some difference, in person it looks even better.

I am ordering an OCD board for my Simpson's as it has all LED's as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viperbsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=Viperbsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.