Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#275 7 years ago

Reread this whole thread now that i have SMVE in the house. Didnt see anyone mention this so her it goes...

Are there any adjustments to the 1way gate on the right orbit shot? The ball clips that gate on my machine even on screaming orbit shots. Should the ball touch/glance the gate when its fully againt the outside ball guide?

I had a clean shot from the flippers go up the right orbit clear against the right ball guide, clip the gate and push it back leading to a glass off stuck ball.

Also sometimes the auto plunger fires the ball so hard it clips the under side of the right ramp wire form and sometimes even has air time enough to nail the side of the controlled gate in the back right corner.

#279 7 years ago

It hits the gate not the bracket. Heres a pic of the stuck ball.

20160505_225436_(resized).jpg20160505_225436_(resized).jpg

#282 7 years ago

The gate swings freely, but it seems the issue is that as the gate swings back the shot gets tighter and there isnt enough room for the ball too.

Only happened once, but ive only had game a few days. Hehe.

Perhaps a tweak to the gate or even the angle of the bracket/mount might help.

Thanks for the feedback

#284 7 years ago

Thanks for the pic. Your gate looks more vertical when in resting position than mine. Ill take a pic and post for comparison. If so then just adjusting the end of the gate wire a bit should allow it to lower more and give me more clearance.

#289 7 years ago

Fixed my right orbit gate issue. Ball could just barely squeeze through there without touching the gate.

Put a pair of needle nose pliers on the doc oc side of the wire guide and held the end of the gate wite vertical, then adjusted/bent the gate slightly down toward playfield slightly.

Now there is about 1mm gap like timebandit suggested.

Thanks!

20160508_091944_(resized).jpg20160508_091944_(resized).jpg

#317 7 years ago

Playing smve this morning and something ive never had happen to me before....

Ball drained during mb and i must have got the tip of the right flipper on it. Ball went down the center drain up along the left side of apron, went up the left outlane and bounced back into play.

Miracle ball

#329 7 years ago

I havent noticed that glue/varnish/chemical smell in my SMVE like i still do from my wooden met pro when i lift the playfield.

Anyone else have that new pin smell in their SMVE. Not a big deal obviously, but i was just looking forward to it like new car smell. Hehe

2 weeks later
#358 7 years ago

Saw something about slight differences in brightness between villan modes that aparently happened in original soidey code? Any truth to that? Also the other thread mentioned that the white arrows flashed differnetly (different pattern, or brightness) in the original to indicate whether a lane is doubled tripled.

Im new to spidey, didnt play mich original spidey, but love my smve. So im curious.

How can you tell an lane is double/tripled like after completing a white arrow mode? Is it doubled or tripled? Can it be both?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.

#361 7 years ago

So smve is sam. And i think it has the led terminator boards on the insert connectors like what time bandit sells with his total light show. So there is no flicker like youd need an ledocd for.

But i dont see 3 level brightness on the center inserts or the mode start white spider inserts. Sounds like they removed that functionality for smve.

#364 7 years ago

Found a setting in the smve game specific menu that allows the white arrows and the main villian inserts to blink to simulate the dimming effect of the original.

20160602_205428_(resized).jpg20160602_205428_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#370 7 years ago

Ive had my smve for about a month or so. Seems like the ball comes out of the lock VUK with some serious force that has to wear break stuff over time. Anything specific i can do to help prevent wear? Double up on the factory mylar?

20160609_191812_(resized).jpg20160609_191812_(resized).jpg

#379 7 years ago

I turned the coil power setting to soft. But i dont think that changed anything at all. I even power cycled the game and the setting stayed, but the game seemed to function the same

#383 7 years ago

I would be interested to hear of any remedies and to see any pics of original spidey pics.

I thought maybe some felt or fuzzy-side velcro stuck to the end of the ball guide to soften or slow it some or maybe direct it up the playfield a bit...

2 weeks later
#422 7 years ago

Does anyone have a link for the process to dump the 1.0 code from the factory preload in SMVE? Id like to export it out of my SMVE just to have, before attempting to load 1.01. Call me cautious, but i want a fall back plan

Rick

1 week later
#437 7 years ago

damn it... Was playing my SMVE before heading out of town tomorrow. notice the post closest to the flipper on the right sling was leaning a bit... investigated and found that the t-nut must not have seated in the playfield well at the factory, the post kinda jammed in it and looks like it spun the t-nut flat. Left the post loose and has been kinda bending over the last month or so. I got the post off and t-nut out and straightened it. then tried to run the post threads down in the t-nut outside the game and post broke. I think it was weakened by being bent...

I don't have spare parts to put it back together. Guess my bro wont get to enjoy it when he comes over to check on the house while I"m out of town. I hate leaving when things aren't put together and working order. UUUGH.

2 weeks later
#449 7 years ago

Question for original spidey owners/players. How many stats are normally in the spidey code for ingame/hold flipper status info?

I was lookin at my smve today and the in game stats ate pretty bare. Basically juat the high scores on the machine.

Is it like that on orig spidey

#451 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Exactly the same. One disappointment I have is that I really thought they might up the instant info. But no.

Maybe i got spoiled by Met having awesome instant info and background images for all the different high scores for ciu modes and combo champ etc.

5 months later
#529 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Starting an "Exit to shooter lane" mod on my SMVE and I think I just found the SMVE equivalent of SM's "You Snooze You Loose".
Only took me about 10 months.
It appears the graphic on the plastic is printed upside down; it should be oriented to face the player.
Even Spidey can't balance on top of his web shot.

Never noticed this before cause its under the ramp i guess. But mine is the same way.

1 week later
#557 7 years ago

Id love to see a video of how the inserts act on a SM so i can see the difference that SMVE has. I figure that SMVE code was modied to "assume" that the game has leds.

1 month later
#582 7 years ago

Seems pretty much the same but without artwork on many of the plastics. Perhaps the artwork hadnt been approved yet?

4 months later
#688 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Spiderman vault.
Love this game. Few more upgrades coming it's way. Will post pics when done.

I like the blue rails.

2 weeks later
#721 6 years ago

My SMVE has metal side rails and the ball seems to hit the rail and its just dead with no bounce and it drops straight down the outlane.

Even makes an annoying thud.

1 month later
#725 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Picked this bad boy up recently......loaded with every mode made almost lol

Chrome looks really nice!

10 months later
#960 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My custom Spider man Vault Edition. My game also has all of the callouts from J.K. Simmons. He is the best JJ. I love the comic book look of this game. Custom apron with mirror and blue spider flashers. Game also has pinstadiums with Blue Flasher to make it all tie together. Many hours of work. Few more details and it shall be done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That blue armor is awesome!

4 months later
#1083 5 years ago

I didn't know ledocd worked in SMVE. Did you remove the little adapters on the board when adding that in?

More importantly does it allow the SMVE code to do the inserts woth different brightness like I hear the orig spidey did?

#1085 5 years ago

On original spiderman pins, is there a visual difference between the white inserts on the main shots with 2x vs 3x multipliers.
On my SMVE pretty much both are just solid lit white lit inserts.

Watched the Bowen spidey tutorial and he frequently look at the playfield and woukd call out which type of multiplier was on each shot at the time. Hard to tell what the difference was on the video but looked like the 2x was dimmer and the 3x was brighter solidly lit. But I may be wrong.

With LEDOCD on SMVE I wonder if it does the same?

3 years later
#2185 2 years ago

Got my smve alt translite from Pinstein today. Looks so much better!!!

44E2EBDB-B877-4962-BBA0-F4042F1541A1 (resized).jpeg44E2EBDB-B877-4962-BBA0-F4042F1541A1 (resized).jpeg6AA90C7E-8D09-4A44-ACC9-C35C41C80CEB (resized).jpeg6AA90C7E-8D09-4A44-ACC9-C35C41C80CEB (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Installed a colorDMD yesterday. Followed the instructions. Apparently Spidey and few others need an extended rom. It says it is supposed to overwrite my product key and I'm supposed to re enter it afterward. The game seems to be functioning normal, but the product key did not get overwritten and a couple of the scenes look like they are maybe not full color. Could just be my eyes. Anyone install the LED version and was there any issues? It also could be that the procedure is an old one and not needed on the current gen colorDMDs. It's a bit confusing.

I have the colorDMD. Led version in my SMVE. Didnt have any issues. Is yours original spidey or SMVE?

#2223 2 years ago

Can you take/post a couple pics before taking the trouble to video etc?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=Rickwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.