Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1351 4 years ago

Joined the club this past Saturday. Really enjoying it so far. I do have a question about doc ock airballs. It’s seems lately, after changing out coil sleeves on the flipper, that the ball is getting air from the carbon fiber cliffy that is around the magnet and jumping over the optic switch hitting the blue bumper under doc and bouncing out without triggering the optic switch. The magnet feels fairly close to the level of the cliffy protector, but the cliffy is raised up the normal cliffy amount. Anyone have a solution for this? I was thinking about putting a small amount of deadening foam on the blue piece so that the ball would drop right down and trigger the switch on the way out.
499EFA25-3C74-4327-A5E8-5A01F501106B (resized).jpeg499EFA25-3C74-4327-A5E8-5A01F501106B (resized).jpegCE57AF36-44E6-48C2-B811-7B488A26D2F8 (resized).jpegCE57AF36-44E6-48C2-B811-7B488A26D2F8 (resized).jpeg

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

place a small piece of mylar in front of the magnet, It will act as a small transition ramp towards the magnet causing the ball not to airball off the cliffy. I had the same problem every now and then. Since mylar install, I may have had a fail or two in hundreds of balls

I’ll give it a try thanks. Leave the carbon fiber cliffy in place then?

#1356 4 years ago

I see it perfectly. Thanks again.

#1357 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion with the mylar, it works great.

Next question: I just installed an LED OCD board. I know there has been talk about installing the settings already done by herg but I’m a little confused as to how to install them. Also should that setup only be used for non ghosting LEDs? I have ghosting LEDs.

I can import a file that says “more blinky during multiball” is that the file to import? If it is, do I leave everything set to profile 7? Thanks for the help in advance.

3 weeks later
#1425 4 years ago

Before I owned Spider-man, I played Star Trek Pro and I actually didn't like it at all. I picked up a Spider-man on trade and really like it. So I'm definitely in the Spider-man over Star Trek group.

3 months later
#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just joined the club acquiring a HUO only SM from a local pinhead. He kept good care of it but is mostly stock minus a few minor mods.
I like LED's in my games and am contemplating buying a comet or pinbulbs kit for SM. Do non-ghosting comets work well with SM? I want non-ghosting LED's but realize no kit may be perfect.
Any opinions on which kit and LED's work best for this game? Any insight is appreciated.

Before you buy non-ghosting LEDs, take a look at the fading effect SM has in relation to its modes and multipliers. You will not get those effects with non-ghosting LEDs. The closest you will get to the incandescent lighting effect will be using ghosting LEDs with a LED OCD board. I had that setup and it worked well. I did not see the game with incandescent bulbs so I cannot compare the LED OCD setup to the original setup. If you do not care about the fading effects, then go with the non-ghosting LEDs.

#1562 4 years ago

I believe the fading effect is also in place for the white arrow playfield multipliers, 2x is lighter than 3x.

#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Am I correct to assume this is for the ve model as I can't find it on my red version
Btw which inserts have the pulsing /blink features. Like is it the green target bombs or the actual goblin mission inserts ie God speed spiderman, suffer the children etc.
Would someone please confirm which ones so I can change them to incandescents and see the effect. Thanks

I can’t remember all of the inserts that fade, but it is a lot of them. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it is at least:

The 4 villain inserts in the center will be dimly lit after one mission and get brighter as you progress through the 3 modes for each villain.

I think the 3 mode inserts for goblin and doc ock.

The white arrows for your playfield multiplier.

The standup targets for both goblin and sandman (fade as they move from one insert to the next)

#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well there is a difference between fading and dimming. All incandescent bulbs fade in and out, it is caused by the warming and cooling of the element heating up and cooling down. As for dimming the four villain inserts vary in brightness to indicate progress and the white arrow inserts have different brightness to indicate 2x and 3x shot multipliers. No other inserts utilize dimming to indicate progress.

Yes and no LEDs dim or fade without the LED OCD board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=Monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.