Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BubbaPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1893 3 years ago

Hey y'all, just joined the club got a pretty good deal on a 2007 spiderman with a color lcd. It's got old code of the game like 1.3 or 1.7 something like that. So gotta update that.

When I update that code do I need to locate a update for the color lcd code?

I was reading through the first ten pages of this thread and saw someone was working on a rgb led conversion but can't find anything for sell

Wanna upgrade the lights, it has incandescent s so was gonna upgrade to ledocd and comets unless if the rgb conversion isn't a myth

And do the code on these update via USB?

#1898 3 years ago

Anyone happen to know where to find a bulb quantity list or map with color inserts. Wanna get enough without paying for too many. Just ordered cliffy set, ledocd, and gizmo. And just going through the list of worth it upgrades. Any suggestions welcome.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

I just bought a kit and was happy with it. maybe overpaid a little but it was worth it for the ease of use.

Yeah was looking at comets and it uses no ghosting which I can't use because of ledocd, so just trying to figure out quantity per color and lamp base cause it uses multiple bases

#1902 3 years ago

Orders made today.

Ledocd board
Gizmo board
Comet LEDs (selected them myself hopefully I got them right, couldn't find a normal kit that was not non ghosting)
Cliffy complete set
Titan rubbers

Debating on buying the target decals and shaker from pinball life because all those orders puts me at 540 in the hole. And wife doesn't know yet. Seeing how this is the most expensive pin I bought at 4250. Atleast it came with the lcd and is in 9/10 condition atleast.

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

When your pin savings recover consider an LED backbox panel with in-game dimming. You can make it yourself or buy one online.

Link for the build info. Kits I've seen are pricey. Thank you

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

It seems that this pin is going down in price lately, in my country it is going down

Not sure on that. I know I see them in the high 4s to 5s/6s for the 2007 model. Every once in a while I'll see a low 4 or one dip right under 4. But they seem to go quick. Luckily I acted very quick on mine.

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I have a friend with a good spiderman 2007 and he can't sell it for € 4200, the market is surely different. I wanted to sell mine to buy Guardians of the Galaxy, but if I have to sell it badly I prefer to keep it.

Thats 5100 USD rounded down. And market is surely different your right. I think covid has a effect on that, aswell as shipping situations right now, and uncertainty in a person's neck of the woods

#1923 3 years ago

Anyone got a spare Spidey sense mod or know how to build one and want to sell it. I do t think I have the tools to cut the metal effectively

#1924 3 years ago

So probably a easy fix but I'll ask. I have my grand champion set at 75000000, and when ever I surpassed that it got higher. Up to 150000000, go check settings for grand champion it says 75000000. Sounds like some sort of auto raising feature like auto percentaging. How do I turn that off. I want to turn it off.

#1932 3 years ago

So update.
LEDs installed
Ledocd installed
Ledocd gizmo installed
Red titan rubbers installed
Playfield taken apart cleaned and waxed
Shaker motor installed
Stand up target decals installed
Replaced coil stops and coil sleeves
Code updated
Color dmd lcd code updated

Just need to run more games to make sure flippers are correct and I think we have a winner.

#1934 3 years ago

Glass on in these pics. Put in a order for flipper fidelity speaker package with the 10 inch woofer I believe. 1 red 2 black flipper bats with new plastics red for left and black for right from alley mods. A new magnet core and nut for when the cliffys arrive. Couple questions though

One of my ramp flaps seems to be digging in to the playfield a tadnonnone corner. Would be good idea to put alittle mylar under the flap to keep this from happening?

I always see comments about spiderman with a shaker motor and sub is awesome.. do they mean like a updated sub like flipper fidelity or external sub?

Anyone have experience with flipper fedelity in their machine? Will it cause a rattle?

Mirror blades or art blades? The way I see it you either go the city scape art blades and add buildings and the train for either side which I feel closes the game in. Or your go mirror blades and save the couple hundred on mod structures and open the game up. Any input?

Any other mod suggestions. Right now we have the following.
Color dmd lcd
Shaker motor
Comet LEDs
Titan rubbers
Led ocd board ( I took the gizmo attachment for the gi out because I didn't like the effect.)
Flipper fidelity speaker system (unless if I decide to cancel before it ships)
Cliffys (not in yet)
New sling shot, return lane Spidey sense plastics from back alley (just ordered)

Don't think the game needs pinstadiums this thing seems plenty bright.

IMG_20210128_124359 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_124359 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_124404 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_124404 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Added a Polk subwoofer to my Spidey and wow, what a boost to the fantastic sound package on this pin! It really adds so much to the game experience and makes the play more immersive. Personally, I prefer a subwoofer on this game to a shaker motor, but that's just me. It adds plenty of rumble to the game and is more subtle than a shaker, which I prefer. If you don't have a subwoofer on your SM, consider it. I highly recommend it.

I ended up doing all three, did a FF speaker package, shaker motor, and external sub. Too be honest the flipper Fidelity package was the least effective. It's nice, but just not as nice as the price doesn't add as much as I would hope.

#1944 3 years ago

Call outs and toys on be suck imo

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Call outs and toys on be suck imo

I mean VE.

Quoted from WildRun:

Please describe how to connect an external sub?
And is it possible to connect two pinballs to the same sub?

I just took some speaker wire, soldered two ends to alligator clips, attached those to post and neg on cab speaker then plugged the other two ends into the woofer. Another option which I'll end up doing is the pinnovators kit, they have a kit where you can either just send it to subs via rca, or add a headphone kit aswell.

I do have my last action hero hooked up to the same sub via the speaker wire method. Only issue I see is everytime I turn it on I have to readjust the alligator clips or I have no sub or cab speaker sound. The last action hero does have a rca output because it has pinsound plus, but not sure if it's okay to use both the rca input and speaker wire inputs at the same time on the external. I'm currently using speaker wire left for SM right for LAH

1 week later
#1958 3 years ago

Update, cliffys came in, complete set. Put doc ock mag protector on, placed a price a mylar infront of the protector to act as a ramp to the protector so the ball will register. Put the inland protectors on ( think they look real sick, wish it came with a ton for all the roll overs). Got the city scape side blades coming in hopefully soon. Then that will complete it for the time being, only other things I can think of are biglaw led figure mods, subway, and buildings, but that's what like 600 or so for all that. That would be like a money to burn type thing.

Upgrades as follows:
Color dmd lcd
Flipper fidelity big ten inch speaker package
External polk sub
Cliffys (only inlane protectors and mag protector installed, rest is in a goody bag for next shop out or next owner whichever comes first, prolly shop out)
Flipper rebuild
Target stickers
Art blades (not here yet, delayed due to hell freezing over last week)
One red flipper on left, two black flippers on right
Titan rubbers
Led ocd board
Comet LEDs
Back alley mods updated front end plastics (masked menace)
New balls (but damnit if they arnt already magnetized)
And the glass is scratch less already.
Shaker

Overall awesome game, constantly working out little kinks.

Auto launch wasn't shooting the ball all the way around on bank bust so I sanded the rough parts of the shooter lane and squeezed the fork ends together

Sandman and targets would go up down twice, adjust switches.

Doc ock rejects, used felt pad for the back bottom of the hole and used a furniture pad by 3m on the metal bounce bracket, no rejects since

Bounce outs on orbit, 3m pad on that bracket aswell

Venom shot and left ramp (still fine tuning these but I think I got it best I can)

If anyone has a recommendation for my ball problem and them magnetizing, let me know

And if anyone has any input on venom and left ramp, I got them pretty good now, but left ramp can be kinda slow at times, not quite as fast as right ramp

This is my favorite game in my lineup.

1 month later
#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Spidey Owners with Color DMD -
LCD
what are your settings ??
Mine seems rather dark but see videos with brighter colors from other owners
I like the high res mode but dots looks good to
Any suggestions
Totally happy with how it looks

I first started high res, but then switched to dotsxl. I like both. But I keep it on dots xl, looks more natural to me. And I had the same thing, looks brighter in others pictures and vids, I've messed with the settings but just chalked that up to how video can amplify light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BubbaPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=BubbaPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.