Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 51.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I cannot stress how much of a pickup the sound package is. I know it's still SAM, but for the life of me it just sounds like they have better compression algorithms now, and/or have just taken the time to layer it better. The absence of that Venom screech is heaven. Playfield finish is deep and lustrous, just all round beautiful and of course one of the best rule sets ever. Never. Leaving. Again.

I know life and $ and blah blah...but for the life of me I can never comprehend how ppl ever own a game like this and ever sell it ^_^ Can't wait to see what/if you come up with anything crazy for it with your engineering skills!

#252 8 years ago

Audio call outs kill it for me, they are really amateur imo and I don't like the art package at all.
In Australia it is nearly 11k for nib VE v 6-7k for a really sweet original red 2nd hand.
No brainer for me.

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Audio call outs kill it for me, they are really amateur imo and I don't like the art package at all.
In Australia it is nearly 11k for nib VE v 6-7k for a really sweet original red 2nd hand.
No brainer for me.

Same here, they may sound higher quality but i think the audio content is a definitely a backwards step.

#254 8 years ago

Translite reflected in the clear..

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Translite reflected in the clear..

image_(resized).jpeg

That clear coat looks awesome! I'm so glad stern is putting better clear on their games now

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm lovin' me the Electro music!!

ohhh yeah!!! equal or better than bonesaw..

#258 8 years ago

Has anyone tried backing up the SMVE code to a USB via the menus, then updating an older SM?

Perhaps there's a reason Stern haven't uploaded the VE's code on their site...

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Has anyone tried backing up the SMVE code to a USB via the menus, then updating an older SM?
Perhaps there's a reason Stern haven't uploaded the VE's code on their site...

I would love to know if you can put the VE code on a 2007/10 Spidey

#260 8 years ago

Nope. The new VE code is not compatible with the original SPiderman even though they are the same boardset. I asked.

Quoted from NightTrain:

I would love to know if you can put the VE code on a 2007/10 Spidey

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope. The new VE code is not compatible with the original SPiderman even though they are the same boardset. I asked.

Could you or anyone else elaborate on why this is? Would be fun to jump back and forth between the codes.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Could you or anyone else elaborate on why this is? Would be fun to jump back and forth between the codes.

Is there a lock on the SAM board that stops this from happening?

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Has anyone tried backing up the SMVE code to a USB via the menus

Yes. Nothing happens. System just resets.

#265 7 years ago

In with a SMVE. Anyone else think the shot under the upper flipper is harder on SM than on ST? Also, does anyone try to go for spider sense? Or is it one of those game features that you kinda let run in the background and if it happens, great, but it's not something to try for? One time I got it by accident and got 4 or 5 jackpots at once, was about 10M total.

#266 7 years ago

The shot under the flipper on SM is definitely harder than the one on ST.

As far as Spider Sense goes, it can add a ball (and ball saver) to multiball. It can add a ball to Battle Royal, and it can add a ball to Super Hero. In all of those cases, you can only use it one time per current scenario.

I have played thousands of games, but I have never understood exactly how the award is chosen. It seems random (even in tournament mode), but I don't know what cycles it. My guess is it's cycling in the background along with the modes cycling, so every sling or pop advances it.

Basically, if I'm in multiball and I see SS flashing, I will save it and only hit it as my mb is ending. It's pretty awesome to get that grace period restart. Since the award appears to be random, there's no guarantee it will add a ball, but more often than not it does.

Other than that, one Spider Sense shot is necessary for completing level 5 of Superhero.

#267 7 years ago

Villain Lightshow is coming..

And just testing the white tone from the RGBs. As I have full pwm control over the levels I can tweak to get a nice white. Here I have backed the blue off to 40%, which is usually a good starting point.

#268 7 years ago

Work progressing on the Spidey lightshow code. Here is a detailed look at all the villains.

#269 7 years ago

I have my SMVE on order, will take a few more months. Played one on location yesterday and it seemed dark (southern flood light was out, sooo......). This is a pin which I am already happy with out of the box, no need to go 15 mods deep like I did on my STPro for example, BUT:

Your lightshow, mirrorblades, sub and powdercoat will be a must, your work here is fantastic! Can not wait to place my order. You are turning this already outstanding pin into a stunner!!! Keep the updates coming

#270 7 years ago

Poll should be updated to include the VE.

#271 7 years ago

My original Spidey seems really "bouncy" around the flippers and just wondering if some new sling rubbers might help this issue. Compared to my other Sterns, GOT and MET, the ball is still controllable but SM seems to have more bounces and a lot of ball back spin.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My original Spidey seems really "bouncy" around the flippers and just wondering if some new sling rubbers might help this issue. Compared to my other Sterns, GOT and MET, the ball is still controllable but SM seems to have more bounces and a lot of ball back spin.

flipper rubbers (or Titan silicone or super bands or pinball life silicone) vary greatly from unit to unit. experiment with them all. you might as well since they are extremely affordable and easily changed

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Work progressing on the Spidey lightshow code. Here is a detailed look at all the villains.
» YouTube video

hi,will it work with original SM ?
thanks for your answer

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi,will it work with original SM ?
thanks for your answer

Yes. And there are more effects coming for the modes too.

#275 7 years ago

Reread this whole thread now that i have SMVE in the house. Didnt see anyone mention this so her it goes...

Are there any adjustments to the 1way gate on the right orbit shot? The ball clips that gate on my machine even on screaming orbit shots. Should the ball touch/glance the gate when its fully againt the outside ball guide?

I had a clean shot from the flippers go up the right orbit clear against the right ball guide, clip the gate and push it back leading to a glass off stuck ball.

Also sometimes the auto plunger fires the ball so hard it clips the under side of the right ramp wire form and sometimes even has air time enough to nail the side of the controlled gate in the back right corner.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Reread this whole thread now that i have SMVE in the house. Didnt see anyone mention this so her it goes...
Are there any adjustments to the 1way gate on the right orbit shot? The ball clips that gate on my machine even on screaming orbit shots. Should the ball touch/glance the gate when its fully againt the outside ball guide?
I had a clean shot from the flippers go up the right orbit clear against the right ball guide, clip the gate and push it back leading to a glass off stuck ball.
Also sometimes the auto plunger fires the ball so hard it clips the under side of the right ramp wire form and sometimes even has air time enough to nail the side of the controlled gate in the back right corner.

I have issues with my OG spiderman not always clearing right orbit even when clean. You've inspired me to see if tweaks should be made to the one way half gate

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I have issues with my OG spiderman not always clearing right orbit even when clean. You've inspired me to see if tweaks should be made to the one way half gate

I was having an issue on my original spidey with that gate and just bent it a bit towards the inside rail guide with a pliers, fixed.

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Is it catching the bracket? Or just the gate? The gate should have no resistance at all to the ball going up the right orbit. Is it swinging freely in the bracket? Maybe it's catching. Or if it's the bracket that it's hitting then that definitely needs to be bent up. It should be nowhere near the ball, heightwise.

#279 7 years ago

It hits the gate not the bracket. Heres a pic of the stuck ball.

20160505_225436_(resized).jpg20160505_225436_(resized).jpg

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I believe the ball should fit through there without touching the gate.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Try bending it towards Doc Oc, should give you the clearance.....or you could remount the bracket to the pf in a more desirable position if you are ambitious.

Gate looks like its getting caught on the inner guide rail?

#282 7 years ago

The gate swings freely, but it seems the issue is that as the gate swings back the shot gets tighter and there isnt enough room for the ball too.

Only happened once, but ive only had game a few days. Hehe.

Perhaps a tweak to the gate or even the angle of the bracket/mount might help.

Thanks for the feedback

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I wonder if the outside ball guide is mis-shapen. Not sure if I'm at the same angle as you in this pic, but your guide seems to maybe just be out over the black line. Could just be the angle though. I have about 1mm clearance when the ball goes through there.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#284 7 years ago

Thanks for the pic. Your gate looks more vertical when in resting position than mine. Ill take a pic and post for comparison. If so then just adjusting the end of the gate wire a bit should allow it to lower more and give me more clearance.

#285 7 years ago

Tonight's SMVE Total Lightshow sponsored by..Mirror Blades! Pretty damn tasty.

#286 7 years ago

Fantastic!

#287 7 years ago

Just above the left inlane and outlane there's a leaf switch behind a rubber band. It's next to the left outlane adjustable post. What does it do? Does the game use it at all? Or could it might as well just be the rubber band with no switch?

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Just above the left inlane and outlane there's a leaf switch behind a rubber band. It's next to the left outlane adjustable post. What does it do? Does the game use it at all? Or could it might as well just be the rubber band with no switch?

It awards 10 points, and 10 points only. Ever. In the switch matrix it's even called "Lower Left 10 Point".

#289 7 years ago

Fixed my right orbit gate issue. Ball could just barely squeeze through there without touching the gate.

Put a pair of needle nose pliers on the doc oc side of the wire guide and held the end of the gate wite vertical, then adjusted/bent the gate slightly down toward playfield slightly.

Now there is about 1mm gap like timebandit suggested.

Thanks!

20160508_091944_(resized).jpg20160508_091944_(resized).jpg

#290 7 years ago

What's the street price for a NIB Spidey Vault Ed?

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I wonder if the outside ball guide is mis-shapen. Not sure if I'm at the same angle as you in this pic, but your guide seems to maybe just be out over the black line. Could just be the angle though. I have about 1mm clearance when the ball goes through there.

Are those dimpels on the magnet?? The clearcoat on the machine looks very nice.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What's the street price for a NIB Spidey Vault Ed?

About 6700

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Are those dimpels on the magnet??

Yep. Magnet cores are soft.

#294 7 years ago

6700 street?

#295 7 years ago

Don't do a street deal with this guy.

biggums_(resized).jpgbiggums_(resized).jpg

#296 7 years ago

That should get it delivered.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

That should get it delivered.

Yeah, delivered to your door.

#298 7 years ago

Hello, I am looking for the buildings and subway train for SM... let me know if you have a set to sell or want to get rid of yours

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It awards 10 points, and 10 points only. Ever. In the switch matrix it's even called "Lower Left 10 Point".

LMAO

I guess that whatever they thought it might become some day never happened.

#300 7 years ago

Got my wiring harness for my colorDMD since I had a spare. Really hope they color SM someday. Was thinking about getting a RGB speaker light kit and adaptor to also change colors on the DMD. Do you think this would be a good addition till it gets the color treatment? Also when and if it does get colored, does the RGB need to be removed from the DMD?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/6?hl=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.