Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 51.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone have a suggestion for what type of LED to use for the Sandman and Venom modes on the back board? I don't want anything too blinding, but still want it to look nice.

I used color matching incadestants blue and yellow. They are non blinding and look great.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I used color matching incadestants blue and yellow. They are non blinding and look great.

Is the rest of your game LED? Mine is and I kind of want to keep it that way. Maybe it doesn't matter....

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is the rest of your game LED? Mine is and I kind of want to keep it that way. Maybe it doesn't matter....

Try Frosted blue and yellow from Cointaker.

Phoebe

#204 8 years ago

Dropped my price of the BAC buildings and train set. PM me if you're interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-back-alley-mods-for-sale

#205 8 years ago

In the club as of last week. Love this game. I ordered about an 84-cliffy set to install asap!

HUO with only 209 plays.

8bd6161aa5162fdb2cde02cc59e20c0da85b8893_(resized).jpeg8bd6161aa5162fdb2cde02cc59e20c0da85b8893_(resized).jpeg

875a258ca7356a1ecc94a806a6b2fccf99e043b0_(resized).jpeg875a258ca7356a1ecc94a806a6b2fccf99e043b0_(resized).jpeg

c3d893b65d641bb9ed7f5dce33dc6d70a9d5ffcc_(resized).jpegc3d893b65d641bb9ed7f5dce33dc6d70a9d5ffcc_(resized).jpeg

#206 8 years ago

in with a VE!!

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

In the club as of last week. Love this game. I ordered about an 84-cliffy set to install asap!
HUO with only 209 plays.

Awesome! That's pretty sweet!

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

in with a VE!!

Congrats! Welcome! We need to give this thread some speed. Post some pics of your new machines!

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

» YouTube video

Is it me, or is the red Doc Ock villain web insert just above bottom right flipper seem to be flickering in and out?

Noticeable around 12:45-13:30

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Is it me, or is the red Doc Ock villain web insert just above bottom right flipper seem to be flickering in and out?
Noticeable around 12:45-13:30

It was a loose bulb.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes my entire pin is Led except those ones. I can send many more pics if you like or shoot a little video for you. My Gi is Comet Frosted comfort bright in cool white all inserts are colormatched non ghosting frosted from comet. My previous Spiderman was done up in cointakers and looked just as good. Both companies are excellent and there customer service is second to none. Hope this helps
Harley D.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dropped my price of the BAC buildings and train set. PM me if you're interested.

Keep em. There bad ass looking on the game.

RVH

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Yes my entire pin is Led except those ones. I can send many more pics if you like or shoot a little video for you. My Gi is Comet Frosted comfort bright in cool white all inserts are colormatched non ghosting frosted from comet. My previous Spiderman was done up in cointakers and looked just as good. Both companies are excellent and there customer service is second to none. Hope this helps
Harley D.

Cool. I'll try incandescent bulbs and see how I like them. Thanks!

Quoted from RVH:

Keep em. There bad ass looking on the game.
RVH

Sold them already. They made me claustrophobic. Plus, I could see the spider insert on the left loop with them on. I'm about 6'4".

#216 8 years ago

Played a few games of Spidey last night. Haven't played much pinball in about 3-4 weeks but had one good, not great game, but another reminder that this is one of Stern's strongest efforts. What a fun game!
Has anyone here played the VE version? Were there any changes or the rules or software updates? If so is there potential to update our versions of Spidey or not possible since they probably used their latest board system?

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Has anyone here played the VE version? Were there any changes or the rules or software updates? If so is there potential to update our versions of Spidey or not possible since they probably used their latest board system?

I got to play one game at TPF. Other than a few mode names, no, there were no real changes to the rules that I noticed. I did notice the Spider Sense didn't seem to light or award correctly, but it could have been a bad switch or a light out. Sucks Bonesaw got removed, but seeing Mysterio in his place was still pretty cool.

I wasn't expecting a lot from the remake. It was pretty awesome though. The art isn't for me, but it's really nice if you like Ultimate stuff. I liked the dots and callouts more than I thought I would. It played very well. I found the slings to be a little weird and weakish. They kept tossing the ball from sling to sling over and over. After like 10 times I had to nudge them out of an infinite sling loop. I'm sure that's fixable though.

I got 3 Goblin shots from Superhero. I really wanted to see those dots, but whatever. I won the cash game. I saw just about everything there was to see with the vault, and it played nearly identically. I had no real complaints.

Unfortunately I don't think the vault code works on original machines. After playing it, I wouldn't even try. I think it would be really weird and disjointed.

smv_(resized).JPGsmv_(resized).JPG

#218 8 years ago

I like the speaker decals of the VE version, hope they will sell these. For the rest, I like my old spidey, it's huo, it's fast and I love the call outs and movie parts. I am more a movie fan than a comic fan. Replaced the slingshots put led in it, just an awesome machine. No need for a VE here. But if you do not have a spidey but do have some spare change, I would certainly suggest you to pick up a VE, you won't regret it.

#219 8 years ago

Aussie VEs arriving next Friday 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So madly stoked to get Spidey back in da house!

#220 8 years ago

I played the VE on location recently, plays just like you would expect sm to play. I really liked the dmd animations but didn't like the callouts.
Not a fan of ultimate sm art and the goblin toy looks a bit strange to me but it's spidey and it's a killer game regardless of if you prefer the VE or the Original.

#221 8 years ago

Can some one tell me what the latest software is? Is it 2.6?

#223 8 years ago

I have a Spider-Man VE coming, and it's time to order stuff. Are there any protectors I should order? I know a lot of the cliffys come with the VE that people have installed on their OG SM, but is it missing anything?

-I'm getting the shooter lane protectors.

Does the pinbits plastic set work for the VE? I'm not sure if all the plastics are the same. Anything else?

Thanks in advance! I can't wait to be playing my spidey

#224 8 years ago

It doesn't have a read me file that says the version though...

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I have a Spider-Man VE coming, and it's time to order stuff. Are there any protectors I should order? I know a lot of the cliffys come with the VE that people have installed on their OG SM, but is it missing anything?
-I'm getting the shooter lane protectors.
Does the pinbits plastic set work for the VE? I'm not sure if all the plastics are the same. Anything else?
Thanks in advance! I can't wait to be playing my spidey

Shooter lane is all you need. You only need the 2 pieces for the playfield. The 3rd piece is already installed. Not the best pic in the world, but you can make out the 3rd protector already installed.

IMG_1800_(1)_(resized).jpgIMG_1800_(1)_(resized).jpg

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Shooter lane is all you need. You only need the 2 pieces for the playfield. The 3rd piece is already installed. Not the best pic in the world, but you can make out the 3rd protector already installed.

IMG_1800_(1)_(resized).jpg

By the "3rd piece" do you mean the L bracket that goes next to the leveling bubble?

#227 8 years ago

Also does that not have service rails? It looks like it's up on posts

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

By the "3rd piece" do you mean the L bracket that goes next to the leveling bubble?

Yes, that's what I mean.

Sorry that I didn't take a new picture for you, but I had that picture already on my phone.

And it has the newer service rails. Playfield doesn't come out that far with the pegs.

Reason why I had the picture, is if you notice, the side has metal instead of wood. I'm not sure if that is something new starting with Spider-Man or it just worked out that way.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes, that's what I mean.
Sorry that I didn't take a new picture for you, but I had that picture already on my phone.
And it has the newer service rails. Playfield doesn't come out that far with the pegs.
Reason why I had the picture, is if you notice, the side has metal instead of wood. I'm not sure if that is something new starting with Spider-Man or it just worked out that way.

So, they put a metal protector on a metal rail? That's interesting

#230 8 years ago

I have on old Spidey and just installed the metal protector - on wood off course. For the rest I did not do any protection. In a HUO environment wear is minimal if you keep the playfield clean and fast. Only thing I have in all those years is a small bit of plastic chipped of in the pop bumper area, things often go wild around there. For the rest it is still in pristine condition. With the new Doc Ock protection on the VE I think you should not worry at all.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I got to play one game at TPF. Other than a few mode names, no, there were no real changes to the rules that I noticed. I did notice the Spider Sense didn't seem to light or award correctly, but it could have been a bad switch or a light out. Sucks Bonesaw got removed, but seeing Mysterio in his place was still pretty cool.
I wasn't expecting a lot from the remake. It was pretty awesome though. The art isn't for me, but it's really nice if you like Ultimate stuff. I liked the dots and callouts more than I thought I would. It played very well. I found the slings to be a little weird and weakish. They kept tossing the ball from sling to sling over and over. After like 10 times I had to nudge them out of an infinite sling loop. I'm sure that's fixable though.
I got 3 Goblin shots from Superhero. I really wanted to see those dots, but whatever. I won the cash game. I saw just about everything there was to see with the vault, and it played nearly identically. I had no real complaints.
Unfortunately I don't think the vault code works on original machines. After playing it, I wouldn't even try. I think it would be really weird and disjointed.

smv_(resized).JPG

would love to see you play in person next year at TPF. you happen to be going to SFGE in ATL in June or Pinburgh at end of July?

#232 8 years ago

I wish this thread was more active. It's sad that there's only 200 posts in a Spider-Man club. Especially with the VE out.

Let's see some pics of your games, mods, high scores, broken stuff, etc.

#233 8 years ago

Well said. Waiting for mine. Should.be here in next couple of weeks. Always wanted a Spidey and am finally getting one. Like the original Alott but the comic book look is sweet !

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I wish this thread was more active. It's sad that there's only 200 posts in a Spider-Man club. Especially with the VE out.

Picking my VE up tomorrow. I will be finding some way to get my light kit in there for sure. Different villains = different colors, etc. Prime candidate for a ramped up GI show! Should be plenty of thread fodder.

#235 8 years ago

VE is a great game. I play mine almost everyday.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

There's older club threads with tons of posts.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Picking my VE up tomorrow. I will be finding some way to get my light kit in there for sure. Different villains = different colors, etc. Prime candidate for a ramped up GI show! Should be plenty of thread fodder.

I can't wait to see it!

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

There's older club threads with tons of posts.

Can you link that here please?

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Here's my latest mod called "WTF?"

IMG_1980_(resized).JPGIMG_1980_(resized).JPG

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

would love to see you play in person next year at TPF. you happen to be going to SFGE in ATL in June or Pinburgh at end of July?

We'll find a way to make it happen. PM sent.

#241 8 years ago

Had that happen to me yesterday!

#242 8 years ago

IMG_1980_(resized).JPG

Does anyone know if SM has the same code AFM has, where you could get another sandman completion by hitting that trapped ball into the hole during multiball?

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does anyone know if SM has the same code AFM has, where you could get another sandman completion by hitting that trapped ball into the hole during multiball?

It doesn't work that way on SM.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Had that happen to me yesterday!

I have seen this several times too.

#245 8 years ago

Welcome back, old friend. Game two..just wanted to remind him who is whose bitch around here. What an epic game. Sounds are freaking awesome.

#246 8 years ago

I cannot stress how much of a pickup the sound package is. I know it's still SAM, but for the life of me it just sounds like they have better compression algorithms now, and/or have just taken the time to layer it better. The absence of that Venom screech is heaven. Playfield finish is deep and lustrous, just all round beautiful and of course one of the best rule sets ever. Never. Leaving. Again.

#247 8 years ago

Is it me, or is everyone pleasantly surprised with Spidey VE?

Think of all the negative feedback for the game when it was first announced.

#248 8 years ago

Does the VE have a ramp entrance protector on the left side of the right ramp? If not, you better get one.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is it me, or is everyone pleasantly surprised with Spidey VE?
Think of all the negative feedback for the game when it was first announced.

It got negative feedback? Other than weak anorexic Spidey and horrendous green goblin (which doesn't move) I thought it fared pretty well in reviews. It's one of the best games of all time and code is complete! What's not to like?

#250 8 years ago

I think the only negative feedback was the straneg anorexic Spidey, you will get used to that, and the amount of money, once you spend that you will get used to that. Agree on the color and finish of the playfield, looks awesome. Stern has really made some progress there. For me, owning a near perfect Spidey from 2010, which is fast as hell, I do not see the benefits. Just happy to see all is good.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.