Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 51.
#2301 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Installed my Tilttopper today ,looks great.Customer service is excellent here.

5DB6C7B7-9AF7-48F8-9368-454E9D41218C (resized).jpeg5DB6C7B7-9AF7-48F8-9368-454E9D41218C (resized).jpeg5F0297D9-1FD8-4AEA-97B8-62BC0E01A746 (resized).jpeg5F0297D9-1FD8-4AEA-97B8-62BC0E01A746 (resized).jpeg
#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks AMAZING!

Nice alternate translite too!

The spider man in that topper matches the Vault edition very nicely!

Now we just need Stern to release Venom so we can plop one right next to our Spidey machines.

where did you get the train?

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Looks AMAZING!
Nice alternate translite too!
The spider man in that topper matches the Vault edition very nicely!
Now we just need Stern to release Venom so we can plop one right next to our Spidey machines.
where did you get the train?

there was an ebay link earlier in this thread for the train,just add the blue light.

#2304 1 year ago

I bought the same one. I haven’t had time to alter it and add it. Looks great there!

2 months later
#2305 1 year ago

Well after 3 x SM its time to leave the club as too many pins to sample and never enough time or space for them all. Went over board with this my last one but the new owner well chuffed and luckily for me a friend and neighbour so I still get to play it.
I guess at £4.5k its fair price in these crazy times and it shouldn’t devalue if looked after.

#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Well after 3 x SM its time to leave the club as too many pins to sample and never enough time or space for them all. Went over board with this my last one but the new owner well chuffed and luckily for me a friend and neighbour so I still get to play it.
I guess at £4.5k its fair price in these crazy times and it shouldn’t devalue if looked after.

Very nice!

Love those spider apron card holders!

Any chance of getting a set made for mine?

Would look nice on my red apron!

BC9F0049-81DC-4BC5-BD78-D5EF1DAD44B3 (resized).jpegBC9F0049-81DC-4BC5-BD78-D5EF1DAD44B3 (resized).jpeg9922E132-EC72-4DC0-AB04-88BADCA80AA1 (resized).jpeg9922E132-EC72-4DC0-AB04-88BADCA80AA1 (resized).jpeg
#2307 1 year ago

Just bought the Back Alley buildings, and sandman mods! Quite excited to get them. I need to get the instructions on turning my train into a mod.

#2308 1 year ago

Nice pin love the red lol

20230108_180706 (resized).jpg20230108_180706 (resized).jpg20230108_180718 (resized).jpg20230108_180718 (resized).jpg
#2309 1 year ago

Just joined the club before x-mas a gift to myself.

#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from Power87:

Nice pin love the red lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ha ha thanks you too!

Ok, where did you get the spiders on your apron? Those are cool and almost just like the ones in the video that the other guy posted.

I’d like to get something similar to either one of those.

#2311 1 year ago

Every mod was on the game when i bought it.
The apron is cut out with a window in it that is hooked up to venoms flasher the light goes off when hit. Verry cool in game play.
Also there are spot lights cut in the side of the apron that are hooked into game play also.
Speaker spiders also.
To answer your question no idea sorry

20230119_151927 (resized).jpg20230119_151927 (resized).jpg20230119_152217 (resized).jpg20230119_152217 (resized).jpg20230119_153156 (resized).jpg20230119_153156 (resized).jpg
#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from Power87:

Every mod was on the game when i bought it.
The apron is cut out with a window in it that is hooked up to venoms flasher the light goes off when hit. Verry cool in game play.
Also there are spot lights cut in the side of the apron that are hooked into game play also.
Speaker spiders also.
To answer your question no idea sorry
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome with the lights underneath!

I can figure something out with that info. I have the acrylic ones too on my speakers so I will use those as a guide. Thanks for the info!

#2313 1 year ago

anyone out there know where I might get some original style cabinet decals for the 2007 spidey?

I dont dislike either of the retro refurb options, but I prefer staying original if possible.

I have the scanner that i believe people use to capture these kinds of decals for printing, would it be worth the trouble to scan in my panels, photoshop fix the blemishes and find a printer?

2 weeks later
#2314 1 year ago

Hey all. I’ve owned 2 SM reds in the past thinking about buying another one but maybe a VE. Haven’t played it too much but I heard that people dislike the callouts. Is this a dealbreaker? Is there a custom callous remix available?

#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey all. I’ve owned 2 SM reds in the past thinking about buying another one but maybe a VE. Haven’t played it too much but I heard that people dislike the callouts. Is this a dealbreaker? Is there a custom callous remix available?

If you are at all nostalgic for the Toby movies, you won't be happy with the vault.

#2316 1 year ago

I’d miss Bonesaw probably.

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’d miss Bonesaw probably.

It’d be the voice of JK Simmons for me. Some superb call-outs from him.

#2318 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Since the VE typically sells for more I would definitely save the money and get another OG, the callouts and moving Goblin are so much better than on the VE anyway.

#2319 1 year ago

I just bought the Red and JJ callouts are a must for me. Im putting a NOS playfield on it. It showed up today and I am stoked.

#2320 1 year ago

My buildings and sand man are going to be here in a couple of days! Can’t wait to see them in the machine! Matt at Back Alley has been absolutely “Amazing” to deal with!

#2321 1 year ago

I have the Vault and its Great.I have heard rumours that theres a soundtrack update for the vault with OG callouts but after asking about it for 2 years only to hear crickets Im guessing its B.S.

#2322 1 year ago

I have some Spider-Man plastic and decal sets. If anyone is looking for these please PM.

Spider-Man plastics set (Sandman included Reference: 830-6059-09). Stern Reference: 803-5000-94
Spider-Man Full Playfield Decal Set With Ramp Decals. Stern Reference: 802-5000-94
Center ramp (used), Stern Reference: 545-6274-00

20230204_160929 (resized).jpg20230204_160929 (resized).jpg20230204_160936 (resized).jpg20230204_160936 (resized).jpg20230204_160946 (resized).jpg20230204_160946 (resized).jpg20230204_160954 (resized).jpg20230204_160954 (resized).jpgSandman (resized).jpgSandman (resized).jpg
#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I have the Vault and its Great.I have heard rumours that theres a soundtrack update for the vault with OG callouts but after asking about it for 2 years only to hear crickets Im guessing its B.S.

Not B.S., you've visited the original project thread where there's plenty of documentation (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spider-man-ve-smve-call-out-modification#post-3119040). Unfortunately, I no longer have the modified sound files and do not have time to resurrect this project. I'm happy to answer questions and offer advice.

Here's a DIY method.

1. Get a copy of Pinball Browser
2. Get an original copy of the game code. Tip: the older versions had fewer sound files but they were not horrendously compressed.
3. Pull J.K. Simmons call outs out of the original SM game code. Pull any other sound files you fancy. Tip: they're are some great J. Jonah Jameson call outs that never were used in the game.
4. You'll need to use a sound editor like the free, open source Audacity to shorten or stretch the timing to match the timing of the new sound files in SMVE. Tip: you also may also need to adjust the recording and playback levels so you don't get clipping after importing into SMVE. This is a tedious and time consuming process - load sound files to SMVE, reload software on SMVE, test, rinse & repeat. The newer version of Pinball Browser may auto-adjust for clipping, but I have not verified.

https://www.wanderwheels.com/SMVE/IMG_4679.mp4
https://www.wanderwheels.com/SMVE/IMG_4676.mp4
https://www.wanderwheels.com/SMVE/IMG_4681.mp4

If you're willing to do the work, you can mod the graphics and other music. Again, tedious and time consuming. Check out the web-shooter pulling the "push start" DMD sequence and the animated TV show theme integration.
https://vimeo.com/165963527

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from zene10:

Not B.S., you've visited the original project thread where there's plenty of documentation (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spider-man-ve-smve-call-out-modification#post-3119040). Unfortunately, I no longer have the modified sound files and do not have time to resurrect this project. I'm happy to answer questions and offer advice.
Here's a DIY method.
1. Get a copy of Pinball Browser
2. Get an original copy of the game code. Tip: the older versions had fewer sound files but they were not horrendously compressed.
3. Pull J.K. Simmons call outs out of the original SM game code. Pull any other sound files you fancy. Tip: they're are some great J. Jonah Jameson call outs that never were used in the game.
4. You'll need to use a sound editor like the free, open source Audacity to shorten or stretch the timing to match the timing of the new sound files in SMVE. Tip: you also may also need to adjust the recording and playback levels so you don't get clipping after importing into SMVE. This is a tedious and time consuming process - load sound files to SMVE, reload software on SMVE, test, rinse & repeat. The newer version of Pinball Browser may auto-adjust for clipping, but I have not verified.
https://www.wanderwheels.com/SMVE/IMG_4679.mp4
https://www.wanderwheels.com/SMVE/IMG_4676.mp4
https://www.wanderwheels.com/SMVE/IMG_4681.mp4
If you're willing to do the work, you can mod the graphics and other music. Again, tedious and time consuming. Check out the web-shooter pulling the "push start" DMD sequence and the animated TV show theme integration.
https://vimeo.com/165963527

I dont have the skills to pull this off,Im just a copycat.

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont have the skills to pull this off,Im just a copycat.

There’s a guy in the pinball browser thread taking commission work.

#2326 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

There’s a guy in the pinball browser thread taking commission work.

So You made this and put on your machine but dont have it anymore ?Did anyone else get a copy or was it a 1 off ?I may look into that thread.Thanks

#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

So You made this and put on your machine but dont have it anymore ?Did anyone else get a copy or was it a 1 off ?I may look into that thread.Thanks

No I just picked up the game last week, no history personally with it.

#2328 1 year ago

Hello everyone.

I was successfully able to add the JK Simmons callouts to the Vault Edition machine. I wrote a post about it here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vault-with-jk-simmons-callouts-completed#post-7409530

Hope this helps anyone looking to do the same.

Warm regards,
Shaun

#2329 1 year ago

Need Help. I have been going through for an entire day now and cannot figure out what’s wrong. All of the switches 33 through 48 no longer work. They are the green orange wire and for the life of me I cannot figure out where the break is or what’s going on all the connectors look connected, but if anybody could help me out, I would love some logic.

#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Need Help. I have been going through for an entire day now and cannot figure out what’s wrong. All of the switches 33 through 48 no longer work. They are the green orange wire and for the life of me I cannot figure out where the break is or what’s going on all the connectors look connected, but if anybody could help me out, I would love some logic.

Hiker2099 has a thread on this issue here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/circuit-not-registering

#2331 1 year ago

Thanks for the mention. I am getting some pretty good tips. Learning schematics and cirtuitry is crazy.

#2332 1 year ago

Just looking for confirmation is 2.61 the last version for the original machine? I saw a 2017 date on the stern site and thought from the .bin file name I was upgrading to 2.64 but the file in the .zip was dated 2012 and installed the same version I already had.

0208C293-77B7-46A8-867E-55C19FDB79C4 (resized).jpeg0208C293-77B7-46A8-867E-55C19FDB79C4 (resized).jpeg
#2333 1 year ago

Okay guys I’m almost in the clear. So close and looking to finish.

- found two bad rollover switches with bad Diodes. Replaced them.
-Q3 transistor was bad and I replaced it.

- during test mode all switch work. However, when I start a game they do not.

So the circuit row works during test but not during game. Any thoughts?

BTW: I have never been involved in circuits, soldering or this level of troubleshooting … I am learning so much.

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

BTW: I have never been involved in circuits, soldering or this level of troubleshooting … I am learning so much.

Have you reached out to Lloyd? I’m pretty sure he can help you with your issues.

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Did you test them by rolling a ball over them in test mode or just with your fingers?

#2336 1 year ago

Tested with fingers and ball. Just trying to figure out why they would work in test mode, but not in the game.

#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Tested with fingers and ball. Just trying to figure out why they would work in test mode, but not in the game.

That's a new one on me, which switches?

#2338 1 year ago

Switches #32-48.

#2339 1 year ago

Switch 34 (mid top lane) not triggering at all during test or game. I Tried new switch and diode.

The rest work during switch test but then don’t work when playing game.

These are the switch row 33-48. All other lights and switches and motors work.

Any thoughts?

2 weeks later
#2340 1 year ago

Anybody know approximately how many VE's were made?

2 weeks later
#2341 1 year ago

Anyone need a Tilt topper and not want to wait a year to get one? I have one available. PM me for details.

Added 12 months ago:

Topper is sold.

#2342 1 year ago

not sure. but also unsure why people think the Vault is better than the original . and also does anyone not think Spiderman which is a Premium pin all day long does not net worth the NIB premium Stern price of over 9 k... Spidey is one of the remaining deals ever.. And a Spiderman black under 9 K WTF buy that all day long kind sir!!!!! Original SM for the win !!!

Quoted from manadams:

Anybody know approximately how many VE's were made?

#2343 1 year ago

I love Spider-Man and traded my Mando Premium to get it. (Proof). I also bought a NOS Playfield) Because I know how hard it is to find one down the road.

#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

not sure. but also unsure why people think the Vault is better than the original . and also does anyone not think Spiderman which is a Premium pin all day long does not net worth the NIB premium Stern price of over 9 k... Spidey is one of the remaining deals ever.. And a Spiderman black under 9 K WTF buy that all day long kind sir!!!!! Original SM for the win !!!

No doubt about it being loaded and a great deal compared to a lot of the newer Premiums, I definitely prefer the OG over the vault too. I've considered selling mine a few times but it's just too damned good to part with, especially since I'm a big fan of the movies and Spidey in general.

#2345 1 year ago

I love it too. I keep thinking of selling it because it is my only non-modern pin in my home. Trading up is tempting. Callouts are priceless.

#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

This game is my favorite Steve Ritchie. OG for the win, also. The only reason I can guess that the VE goes for more $$ is that it launched at a higher price. That move by Stern really bugged me. At the time, OG Spidey was selling for around $5K to $5500ish which was ~30% higher than brand new pricing. I got a heads up that a vault was coming with comic art and I was hopeful I'd finally be able to get one. At the time, I didn't own the game because I didn't wanna pay more than new pricing. So, what does good old Stern do, but release the new vault at like $6500 premium pricing, at the time. Screwed again. The only thing the VE has going for it over the OG is crisper and cleaner art.

#2347 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I love it too. I keep thinking of selling it because it is my only non-modern pin in my home. Trading up is tempting. Callouts are priceless.

Spidey is a modern game.

#2348 1 year ago

My Black Spidey is definitely bolted to the floor.

#2349 1 year ago

Spider man vault here,Most likely one of the last I will sell.Cant replace it with a better machine for the price they go for today.

#2350 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Spidey is a modern game.

I'm sure but I am talking Spike II not 15 year old SAM. Just to specify.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/47?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.