Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 51.
#2101 2 years ago

Installed a stern shaker on my 2007 spider man. Think I finally got it wired up correctly. Directions were wrong so it took some time.
But now on start up the balls keep ejecting one after another non stop and that's not with a game started. Not sure where to start looking for the cause. Everything on the ball trough looks fine.
Any suggestions? When I unhook the shaker wiring harness from j16 game works fine.
Would it have anything to do with the old code I have? 1.91 installed.
Thank you

#2102 2 years ago

Totally unrelated, but my wife got me this signed print for Xmas.
Artist is Jamie Tyndall if you are interested in checking out her work. She does all sorts of pinup art in various themes.

154A1057-0404-408D-AA84-49DA7C7CB748 (resized).jpeg154A1057-0404-408D-AA84-49DA7C7CB748 (resized).jpeg
#2103 2 years ago

Really need to keep the alt translite stuff on the down low. Don’t posts pics. Don’t advertise. Like “what translite??”

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Installed a stern shaker on my 2007 spider man. Think I finally got it wired up correctly. Directions were wrong so it took some time.
But now on start up the balls keep ejecting one after another non stop and that's not with a game started. Not sure where to start looking for the cause. Everything on the ball trough looks fine.
Any suggestions?
Thank you

You need to ground tap wire that plugs into the shaker pcb and connects to a ground bridge each. I don't have a photo on my phone but think I may have one on my Facebook pages. I'll check later today if you like

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Gaarrggh!! My eyes!... dont have to look at that factory translite anymore! If anyone is interested in an alternate translite for their spider man VE shoot me a message.
[quoted image]

PM’d! You must tackle the slingshot art next! Emo Peter Parker and spiked hair MJ are the worst!

#2106 2 years ago

Does anyone have a tilt topper they are thinking of parting with? Give me a shout!

#2107 2 years ago

Hi, New to Pinside. Long time lurker. I recently picked up a project Spider-Man and I've run into a couple of issues that I'm hoping to get a little help with. I'm sure I'll have more questions once I finish tearing everything off the top of the playfield. If there's a better place to post these questions, please point me there.

1) Does anyone have the plastic P/N: 830-6059-10? It sits behind Sandman and the one I have is badly broken. As far as I can tell, no one stocks this part unless you buy the entire plastics set for $400. I'm hoping someone has an old one left over from a rebuild that they can sell me, or maybe can let me borrow it long enough to make a drawing of it and I can cut one with a laser cutter. Or, point me to a good drawing that I can use to cut a new one. I've attached a picture of the piece from the manual for reference.

2) There's a good amount of damage around the Doc Ock magnet and I'm hoping someone has done an inlay and can provide a good scan that I can use to make my own, or maybe has a left over print that I can buy to save me the trouble of making one. That was the worst mushroomed magnet I've seen.

In case someone comes along that is having problems disassembling the magnet, I found the perfect tool for removing it. Previous posts I read made it sound like all I had to do was break the nut free from the assembly. Not true, once I got it loose from that, the nut was frozen on the core plug. I couldn't get enough torque to get the post to turn to break the nut loose. I used wd-40, something called Free All, heat and giant screwdrivers with no success. I finally found this: Stanley Proto J5444A Drag link socket. I easily broke it free with that.

Feel free to PM if you can help.

Thanks for any help.

Screenshot 2021-12-28 171156 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-12-28 171156 (resized).jpg
#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

1) Does anyone have the plastic P/N: 830-6059-10? It sits behind Sandman and the one I have is badly broken. As far as I can tell, no one stocks this part unless you buy the entire plastics set for $400. I'm hoping someone has an old one left over from a rebuild that they can sell me, or maybe can let me borrow it long enough to make a drawing of it and I can cut one with a laser cutter. Or, point me to a good drawing that I can use to cut a new one. I've attached a picture of the piece from the manual for reference.

I need that same plastic. Mine is broken in half and missing a big part. Previous owner did some Frankenstein work on it with a thick piece of flat rubber. It "works" for now..... but I would also like to replace it.

I was going to try to cut one out of scrap plastic, or trim a donor plastic from another game to that size. But I didnt have a good enough piece to get the shape.

I dont even care if it has artwork on it.... you cant really see that one at all anyway with the sandman in front of it.

#2109 2 years ago

Hi, New to Pinside. Long time lurker. I recently picked up a project Spider-Man and I've run into a couple of issues that I'm hoping to get a little help with. I'm sure I'll have more questions once I finish tearing everything off the top of the playfield. If there's a better place to post these questions, please point me there.
2) There's a good amount of damage around the Doc Ock magnet and I'm hoping someone has done an inlay and can provide a good scan that I can use to make my own, or maybe has a left over print that I can buy to save me the trouble of making one. That was the worst mushroomed magnet I've seen.
In case someone comes along that is having problems disassembling the magnet, I found the perfect tool for removing it. Previous posts I read made it sound like all I had to do was break the nut free from the assembly. Not true, once I got it loose from that, the nut was frozen on the core plug. I couldn't get enough torque to get the post to turn to break the nut loose. I used wd-40, something called Free All, heat and giant screwdrivers with no success. I finally found this: Stanley Proto J5444A Drag link socket. I easily broke it free with that.
Feel free to PM if you can help.
Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

have you tried the guy on craigslist sf bay area under pinball,He seems to have quite a bit of plastics including Spider Man

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

have you tried the guy on craigslist sf bay area under pinball,He seems to have quite a bit of plastics including Spider Man

Thanks. I found him and I sent him a message. Fingers crossed.

Ceckitti if I end up finding a way to get a good drawing and making one for myself, I’ll make a second one. Laser cutters are awesome.

#2111 2 years ago

Runswithscissors and Ceckitti

TFK does laser cutting. I am positive he can hook up this group with a “blank” plastic. He just needs a scan of that plastic and he can make it. Im happy to scan it and get him the template for it, but it’s going to be about 2/3 weeks as I just buried all my games as my basement is getting painted.

If anyone else can scan sooner I know Joe (@cfes) will hook it up at a reasonable price.
https://www.colorguardprotectors.com/

#2112 2 years ago

Got my translite from Pinstein and installed into my Vault last night. I love it.

32760292-BC3A-4C89-8BF8-E5154C538BEF (resized).jpeg32760292-BC3A-4C89-8BF8-E5154C538BEF (resized).jpegA5335C64-2926-47AA-8E32-DE52E7C8688B (resized).jpegA5335C64-2926-47AA-8E32-DE52E7C8688B (resized).jpeg
#2113 2 years ago

That looks pretty great. I don’t have a VE but I think it could still work on the standard model.

#2114 2 years ago

Should there be rubber sleeves on these posts? Anyone have some on theirs?

DFDE3B30-6A66-45DF-96D5-FFC165EC5D04 (resized).jpegDFDE3B30-6A66-45DF-96D5-FFC165EC5D04 (resized).jpeg
#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Should there be rubber sleeves on these posts? Anyone have some on theirs?[quoted image]

Yes, you need the rubber pieces on there. Refer to the service manual page 59 (page 79 of the pdf). While you’re at it, check the whole playfield for missing/damaged rubber. The kit is cheap.

#2116 2 years ago

Yes, you need the rubber pieces on there. Refer to the service manual page 59 (page 79 of the pdf). While you’re at it, check the whole playfield for missing/damaged rubber. The kit is cheap.

I just re did the entire playfield with new Titans a few weeks ago. The manual was no help so I used a customers kit of the ring database on the Titan site. As usual.....it appears it wasnt complete.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hi team. New to this forum and hoping to get some help. When right flipper is triggered or held there is a buzzing sounds coming from it. Any fixes? I tried doing a minor adjustment to EOS switch and it helped a little but still happening. Thinking not specific to Spidey but any help appreciated. Thanks! Mike

You'll need new spring washers on the coils. Just replaced mine today.

#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Got my translite from Pinstein and installed into my Vault last night. I love it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your pic cost me money. That looks so fresh!

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Your pic cost me money. That looks so fresh!

same,last night

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

same,last night

Nice symmetry of the 4 villains around Spidey. The darkness of the night time scene brings on an edgy look to the game, which is awesome by the way!

#2121 2 years ago

Since seeing the new Spidey movie a couple weeks ago my game is getting played more than it has in years, sometimes I forget how great it is and also how much I hate the damn left-center ramp! I don't know what it is about that shot but it takes me so many plays before I can consistently find it again. As for the new movie I really, really enjoyed it and even though I had read some articles about casting, cameos, etc. I was still really surprised by large chunks of the movie. I don't want to post any spoilers of any kind so I won't elaborate on that but the ending also really sets up so many possibilities for the next one. After the two failed / semi-failed reboots following the Tobey / Rami ones they have done a great job with these and putting him into the MCU.

#2122 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Since seeing the new Spidey movie a couple weeks ago my game is getting played more than it has in years, sometimes I forget how great it is and also how much I hate the damn left-center ramp! I don't know what it is about that shot but it takes me so many plays before I can consistently find it again.

Left center ramp shot is left flipper back hand, back hand, back hand…….and done!

If this game came out now it would blow folks minds. ST and AFM, two of my favs, had a baby named SM. Although ST came out after?! It’s a great game

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Since seeing the new Spidey movie a couple weeks ago my game is getting played more than it has in years, sometimes I forget how great it is and also how much I hate the damn left-center ramp! I don't know what it is about that shot but it takes me so many plays before I can consistently find it again. As for the new movie I really, really enjoyed it and even though I had read some articles about casting, cameos, etc. I was still really surprised by large chunks of the movie. I don't want to post any spoilers of any kind so I won't elaborate on that but the ending also really sets up so many possibilities for the next one. After the two failed / semi-failed reboots following the Tobey / Rami ones they have done a great job with these and putting him into the MCU.

I agree SM is a great game and the newest Spider-Man movie was amazing!

I’ve always kept an eye on pinside market for a good Spider-Man to purchase locally. But, as things usually go with pinball, when something you want pops up there always seems to be some other deal you’re in the middle of. At least that’s been my experience.

Not this time though! A Spider-Man became available and I’m lucky to have a friend in the hobby that knew the owner (he’s moving and decided to sell it). He told him I had been looking for a Spider-Man and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it happen!

All I can say is… I’m happy my friend was looking out for me and that I was able to make the purchase happen. I had to sell another favorite theme of mine but it went to another friend (so hopefully I’ll be able to buy it back one day). This Spider-Man is perfect and beyond what I was hoping to find. I’ve had it about a two weeks now and I love it. I’ve played it plenty of times before in barcardes and other places but so glad to finally own it because I’m a long time Spidey fan (had a lot of the comics as a kid and loved all the cartoons) it is an awesome machine.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded story but just thought I’d share it and officially say… I’m in the club!

Here’s some pics;
73ADB44E-1872-4141-8F30-FDE93A3B9C4C (resized).jpeg73ADB44E-1872-4141-8F30-FDE93A3B9C4C (resized).jpeg0EB46B9F-3F3E-4669-912E-DF21E110F3C7 (resized).jpeg0EB46B9F-3F3E-4669-912E-DF21E110F3C7 (resized).jpegF09AB09B-D061-4A04-9E38-6380DB6C2660 (resized).jpegF09AB09B-D061-4A04-9E38-6380DB6C2660 (resized).jpeg4A88A9AE-BE43-4097-AC2F-F350458EC055 (resized).jpeg4A88A9AE-BE43-4097-AC2F-F350458EC055 (resized).jpeg4EBED8F8-0965-466E-A275-11DABEDF4ABA (resized).jpeg4EBED8F8-0965-466E-A275-11DABEDF4ABA (resized).jpeg

#2124 2 years ago

If any of you Spidey owners can suggest a nice Spider-Man figure for the play field, I’d really appreciate it. If you have a picture please post it or PM me.

Thanks!

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I agree SM is a great game and the newest Spider-Man movie was amazing!
I’ve always kept an eye on pinside market for a good Spider-Man to purchase locally. But, as things usually go with pinball… when something you want pops up there always seems to be some other deal you’re in the middle of. At least that’s been my experience.
Not this time though! A Spider-Man became available and I happened to be lucky enough to have a friend in the hobby that knew the owner (he’s moving and decided to sell it). He told him I had been looking for a Spider-Man and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it happen!
All I can say is… I’m so happy my friend was looking out for me and that I was able to make the purchase happen. I had to move another favorite theme of mine but it went to another friend. (hopefully I’ll be able to buy it back one day). This Spider-Man is perfect and beyond what I was hoping to find. I’ve had about a two weeks now and I love it. I’ve played it plenty of times before in barcardes and other places but so glad to finally own it because I’m a long time Spidey fan (had a lot of the comics as a kid and loved all the cartoons) and it is an awesome machine.
Anyway, sorry for the long winded story but just thought I’d share it and officially say it… I’m in the club!
Here’s some pics;[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! The armor on that one is bad ass! And games are hard to find. The more friends you have the better. I am in this for the people more then pinball anyway. Just me.
SM hasn’t gotten crazy in pricing compared to other games which aren’t as good. So I hope you did “ok” for todays world on price.

Good goal is to make it to battle Royal mini wizard, which is defeat each villain twice, start by shooting the lock a ball area, hit each villain once then the right ramp for Jack pot and add a ball and do it again! So fun! Thanks Lyman F’n Sheats! I haven’t made it to Super Hero - yet!

And folks here correct me if I am slightly off on BR rules. That was off the top of my head. I am not Bowen. Lol

Welcome to the club!

#2126 2 years ago

The new Spider-Man movie No Way Home was great and it really put some new life into this game for me. One of my favorites and will probably never leave. I have been to Superhero twice but still have not finished it.

#2127 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats! The armor on that one is bad ass! And games are hard to find. The more friends you have the better. I am in this for the people more then pinball anyway. Just me.
SM hasn’t gotten crazy in pricing compared to other games which aren’t as good. So I hope you did “ok” for todays world on price.
Good goal is to make it to battle Royal mini wizard, which is defeat each villain twice, start by shooting the lock a ball area, hit each villain once then the right ramp for Jack pot and add a ball and do it again! So fun! Thanks Lyman F’n Sheats! I haven’t made it to Super Hero - yet!
And folks here correct me if I am slightly off on BR rules. That was off the top of my head. I am not Bowen. Lol
Welcome to the club!

Thanks!

I usually like to keep my pins simple/stock but I also love the armor on this thing! The only catch is that I might be spending some extra dough on doing the armor on my other 2 premium sterns (Deadpool and Godzilla).

#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Thanks!
I usually like to keep my pins simple/stock but I also love the armor on this thing! The only catch is that I might be spending some extra dough on doing the armor on my other 2 premium sterns (Deadpool and Godzilla).

Do it. Those two are keepers. My DP has the sparkles in candy red. Hard to see as well in a photo. Came with it so not sure the color mix. I think the lighter red looks good on the LE but I like the slightly darker red for Prem.

B817ADD3-E595-4464-B85E-EE07C2B4239C (resized).jpegB817ADD3-E595-4464-B85E-EE07C2B4239C (resized).jpegFFF79D78-259A-4B5B-A756-E4F13A76C857 (resized).jpegFFF79D78-259A-4B5B-A756-E4F13A76C857 (resized).jpeg

#2129 2 years ago

Got new translite for my Vault today, great quality!

0CDA0302-A751-4F1A-BD82-B8CF0F57CE39 (resized).jpeg0CDA0302-A751-4F1A-BD82-B8CF0F57CE39 (resized).jpeg800DE715-3A24-4513-906A-94D862FE3EA4 (resized).jpeg800DE715-3A24-4513-906A-94D862FE3EA4 (resized).jpeg
#2130 2 years ago

Not sure how tall this guy is, but he matches the new alt translite. Alt version looks really nice.

ebay.com link: itm

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Thats Mary Jane down there in the window.

#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thats Mary Jane down there in the window.

Nice! Honestly I would be ok if it were Aunt May, Marisa Tomei as Aunt May that is.

#2133 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I agree that looks great but doesn't it depict a completely different Green Goblin (looks like old-school GG in my brief look at it) than what is on the Playfield?

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I agree that looks great but doesn't it depict a completely different Green Goblin (looks like old-school GG in my brief look at it) than what is on the Playfield?

It does, but the Ultimate version of GG is really dumb looking.

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It does, but the Ultimate version of GG is really dumb looking.

Agreed

#2136 2 years ago

I got my new translite installed as well! Photos coming. Seriously though. The slingshot art on the vault edition. What can we do? Is it just an adhesive?

#2138 2 years ago

Finally got spidey black shopped out.

Does LED OCD make a huge difference on this one? I know it does LOTR

20220106_222305 (resized).jpg20220106_222305 (resized).jpg20220106_222537 (resized).jpg20220106_222537 (resized).jpg20220106_222816 (resized).jpg20220106_222816 (resized).jpg
#2139 2 years ago

Nice to see a black spidey, these are hard to find. I didn't go OCD with mine, its a personal choice.

#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would never LED Spidey without the OCD board because you lose the dimming effect to indicate how far you've progressed against each villian. Yes it's a subtle thing but between that and the smooth ramp up / down of the lights in general it's worth it. Personally I've just left mine mostly incandescent with only some of the GI being LEDs.

#2141 2 years ago

If you're going to do led's, then get the ocd board. I tried non ghosting bulbs and they still ghosted. The board makes a big difference.

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

If you're going to do led's, then get the ocd board. I tried non ghosting bulbs and they still ghosted. The board makes a big difference.

Thank you. I luckily found a used one. Seems they are backordered for a few months

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Nice to see a black spidey, these are hard to find. I didn't go OCD with mine, its a personal choice.

Had to search hard. HUO 900 plays from Florida. Any idea on current market value? Not many to compare.

#2144 2 years ago

Had to search hard. HUO 900 plays from Florida. Any idea on current market value? Not many to compare.

HUO, probably 6K ish. With what today's new games are going for, Spidey is a hell of a lot of game for the price. I wouldn't put too much stock in the amount of plays, unless it's on whatever code it shipped with. SAM games reset plays on updating code.

#2145 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

HUO, probably 6K ish. With what today's new games are going for, Spidey is a hell of a lot of game for the price. I wouldn't put too much stock in the amount of plays, unless it's on whatever code it shipped with. SAM games reset plays on updating code.

It had original code. Updated that thing real quick. I'm seeing regular spiderman go for 6-6500. It's all crazy

#2146 2 years ago

The black version is definitly hard/rare to find. I've been offerred 7.5 to 8K USD recently, for my HUO black Spidey from fellow pinheads...

#2147 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really love that backglass on Spidey Black. I like the original cabinet over the black version though. Would be really nice if someone would do a translite version of the Spidey Black backglass. Insert take my money meme.

#2148 2 years ago

It had original code. Updated that thing real quick. I'm seeing regular spiderman go for 6-6500. It's all crazy

Whoops, I'm a dingbat. I didn't realize you were asking about value on the HUO Black Spidey. Hard to tell on those since they don't come up for sale often.

#2149 2 years ago

In this market and as good of a game that SM is, I wouldn’t let a BSM go for anything less than $10K.

#2150 2 years ago

Not being a price pumper but I would package BSM as an LE like it is and try to shoot higher. It’s a nice game. Love the mirrored BG.

That being said SM has really good value for how good it is. From the time range. TSPP and LOTR can get good prices and I don’t think SM should be too far behind. In general 2000-2010 sterns were built really well and pretty loaded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/43?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.