Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 51.
#2051 2 years ago

Hi team. New to this forum and hoping to get some help. When right flipper is triggered or held there is a buzzing sounds coming from it. Any fixes? I tried doing a minor adjustment to EOS switch and it helped a little but still happening. Thinking not specific to Spidey but any help appreciated. Thanks! Mike

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hi team. New to this forum and hoping to get some help. When right flipper is triggered or held there is a buzzing sounds coming from it. Any fixes? I tried doing a minor adjustment to EOS switch and it helped a little but still happening. Thinking not specific to Spidey but any help appreciated. Thanks! Mike

Check the coil stop to see if is faulty.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-coil-stops-are-worthless

#2053 2 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for the playfield plastic scan 13, 18, 20, 22.

Cheers

Screenshot_20211019-205538_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211019-205538_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just joined the club with a SMVE! What a beautiful game!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations!

#2055 2 years ago

Hello friendly neighborhood pinsiders! So dealing with an inconsistent Sandman VUK. Sometimes it ejects ball properly into the pops and sometimes it fails to come out on first attempt, other times it is weakly ejected into right ramp. Not a huge deal but just want to get it right. Any experience or tips appreciated!

#2056 2 years ago

Most of you guys have a shaker on your Spider-Man?

#2057 2 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I do. Love it.

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Yes. Good implementation.

#2059 2 years ago

New start button

37C0F5AA-1B9D-4B0E-9FB9-457FD7AA18DB (resized).jpeg37C0F5AA-1B9D-4B0E-9FB9-457FD7AA18DB (resized).jpeg3BAFA388-84FB-4F71-92F4-2F32E8B5A0DD (resized).jpeg3BAFA388-84FB-4F71-92F4-2F32E8B5A0DD (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Most importantly, would you buy this for 3k

Yes. In fact, I’m looking up where you live to find the local op in order to poach the deal out from under you. Make your move fast.

#2063 2 years ago

Buy,buy,buy!!!

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Buy,buy,buy!!!

Yes - buy buy buy and then spend spend spend!

https://www.pinballlife.com/spider-manblack-spider-man.html

I bought one last year in similar condition and PBL had most of the parts I needed. In addition to the broken plastics and ramps you are missing the Doc Ock figure.

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Yes - buy buy buy and then spend spend spend!
https://www.pinballlife.com/spider-manblack-spider-man.html
I bought one last year in similar condition and PBL had most of the parts I needed. In addition to the broken plastics and ramps you are missing the Doc Ock figure.

Yeah, in this maket almost any DMD era game in working condition is worth at least $3K so if you don't mind the work buy it and have fun fixing it up. I used to be able to buy re-import games in this kind of condition and really enjoyed the whole process but those days are pretty much gone. The Doc Ock figure might be the hardest thing to replace, don't know for sure though.

#2066 2 years ago

I got my Spider-Man! Even in its semi-blown out state I am surprised how well it plays.

For some reason its missing a lot of post rubbers, and even the upper flipper rubber, so the ball will just stop dead, and the plastic guide for a vuk is missing causing the ball to comically launch into the air and his the side of the cab, but still lots of fun.

Ive taken to just playing with the glass off and deflecting the ball with my hand. The ramps are so addicting, they are all I want to shoot regardless of modes.

Even after just a quick naptha wipe down the playfield looks better than I thought. I was going to buy a nos one, but I think this one will clean up nicely. I even found Doc chilling in the bottom of the cabinet.

I am shocked at plastic set prices though, seems much higher than the sets Ive purchased for Williams games. I am guessing the license makes reproductions less likely so we are limited to nos sets?

Never thought a set would be as expensive as a color dmd

Shouldnt complain, in this market I think/hope I made out ok for only 3k

ps Look how toasty my backboard decal is

IMG_20211105_191126370 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191126370 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191139104 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191139104 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191143611 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191143611 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191151884 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191151884 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191204298 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191204298 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191218002 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191218002 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191222583 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_191222583 (resized).jpg
#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Great deal! Congratulations!

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I got my Spider-Man! Even in its semi-blown out state I am surprised how well it plays.
For some reason its missing a lot of post rubbers, and even the upper flipper rubber, so the ball will just stop dead, and the plastic guide for a vuk is missing causing the ball to comically launch into the air and his the side of the cab, but still lots of fun.
Ive taken to just playing with the glass off and deflecting the ball with my hand. The ramps are so addicting, they are all I want to shoot regardless of modes.
Even after just a quick naptha wipe down the playfield looks better than I thought. I was going to buy a nos one, but I think this one will clean up nicely. I even found Doc chilling in the bottom of the cabinet.
I am shocked at plastic set prices though, seems much higher than the sets Ive purchased for Williams games. I am guessing the license makes reproductions less likely so we are limited to nos sets?
Never thought a set would be as expensive as a color dmd
ps Look how toasty my backboard decal is [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, Stern plastic sets are ridiculously priced but at least still available if you want to look at it that way.

#2069 2 years ago

Yeah I managed to get a partial set cheaper, and the Sandman plastic individually to save a few bucks.

Has anyone mentioned if the Vault Edition ramps work in the original? Not a lot of luck searching the thread.

They look similar enough in the manuals, but part numbers are off by 1.

#2070 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Yeah I managed to get a partial set cheaper, and the Sandman plastic individually to save a few bucks.
Has anyone mentioned if the Vault Edition ramps work in the original? Not a lot of luck searching the thread.
They look similar enough in the manuals, but part numbers are off by 1.

What’s wrong with the ramps? Broken or just fugly?

Yes it’s a great game. Love mine

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What’s wrong with the ramps? Broken or just fugly?
Yes it’s a great game. Love mine

Mine are shot, chips in all the spots that attach to the playfield, flap on one rivet, corners of entrances missing. Still functional, but I want to polish my game back into a gem.

To that effect I thought I might try my hand at custom plastics, because Toby and Kirsten dont really do it for me.

This was a real quick photo chop job, honest opinions appreciated.
rough (resized).jpgrough (resized).jpg

#2072 2 years ago

When I acquired Spidey it had the back alley buildings and subway and I just feel the playfield is way too crowded with them in. But very nice stuff. Buildings look great and I thought about selling the set.

Then I decided to make a topper. I’m either going to light up these buildings with GI and tie some controlled lights into the white arrows on the playfield (and paint wood black)…or I’ll just sell this set.

What do you guys think as a topper?

Or does anyone want to buy this set to use in their game? Pm me if so

D9A19BE4-D902-4221-A62F-035E27067FBA (resized).jpegD9A19BE4-D902-4221-A62F-035E27067FBA (resized).jpeg
#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

When I acquired Spidey it had the back alley buildings and subway and I just feel the playfield is way too crowded with them in. But very nice stuff. Buildings look great and I thought about selling the set.
Then I decided to make a topper. I’m either going to light up these buildings with GI and tie some controlled lights into the white arrows on the playfield (and paint wood black)…or I’ll just sell this set.
[quoted image]

My opinion - sell them. They don’t work well as a topper. It’s not eye-catching enough.

Other opinions may vary.

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Mine are shot, chips in all the spots that attach to the playfield, flap on one rivet, corners of entrances missing. Still functional, but I want to polish my game back into a gem.
To that effect I thought I might try my hand at custom plastics, because Toby and Kirsten dont really do it for me.
[quoted image]

I dig em.

#2075 2 years ago

Sell them, much better toppers out there.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

[quoted image]

Yeah I would sell them. I don’t particularly like them due to size on the PF, “BUT” back alley did a very nice quality job with them and I have friends who really liked them on their SM. Let them go to someone who will enjoy them

#2077 2 years ago

BUT” back alley did a very nice quality job with them

I agree! They Are very nice quality.

If anyone here is looking to purchase the set - give me a holla!!!!

#2078 2 years ago

Flippers rebuilt, got he webslinger brackets from the vault edition on my Sandman and Doc VUKS so now I can play with the glass on! Cant believe I slept on this game, its incredible.

I have a new playfield, and a box full of ramps ready for when I can find the time.

But what a shame pinbits is no longer in business, there protectors are so cool looking. Dont suppose anyone else is making them?

0c369e299bf4499f19c959c53ec9d74255244a87 (resized).jpg0c369e299bf4499f19c959c53ec9d74255244a87 (resized).jpg
#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Flippers rebuilt, got he webslinger brackets from the vault edition on my Sandman and Doc VUKS so now I can play with the glass on! Cant believe I slept on this game, its incredible.
I have a new playfield, and a box full of ramps ready for when I can find the time.
But what a shame pinbits is no longer in business, there protectors are so cool looking. Dont suppose anyone else is making them?[quoted image]

Why a new PF? The can be a problem Doc Ock magnet area didn’t seem to have any wear?

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

[quoted image]

I’d buy a set. Big improvement imo.

#2081 2 years ago

Why a new PF? The can be a problem Doc Ock magnet area didn’t seem to have any wear?

Its probably unnecessary, mine has some ghosting inserts and a couple other things to nitpick, the shooter lane especially. There was a good deal for a NOS one here so I jumped.

I figure I am going to pull it all apart, rehab the cab, run everything through an ultrasonic cleaner and tumbler, give it the full restoration treatment, why not put it all on a new playfield.

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Its probably unnecessary, mine has some ghosting inserts and a couple other things to nitpick, the shooter lane especially. There was a good deal for a NOS one here so I jumped.
I figure I am going to pull it all apart, rehab the cab, run everything through an ultrasonic cleaner and tumbler, give it the full restoration treatment, why not put it all on a new playfield.

Ah giving SM “the full treatment” huh? It will be sweet looking. Hope it goes well

#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

[quoted image]

Place the buildings so there is no gap between them, find some Spidey and villain micro figures that are the same scale, have Spidey fighting Doc on top of the subway, add strip lighting from comet to tie into your GI. It will look awesome. Or put everything back under the glass and it will also look awesome. I had mine out for a while and while I agree that it made everything feel cramped I liked how you couldn’t see the ball coming down the wire forms

#2084 2 years ago

Haven’t been in here for awhile so thought I’d include some pics. Added Comet strip lights under the subway and in one of the buildings.
Green Comet bulb in the spotlight on Gobby.
Still searching for Doc and Gobby Funkos for my topper, which is also lit with Comet strip.

4EFB4AEE-E556-46FF-A47A-D92F46C08ABA (resized).jpeg4EFB4AEE-E556-46FF-A47A-D92F46C08ABA (resized).jpegF3A5C048-85D2-4C98-847B-13E934FBBF90 (resized).jpegF3A5C048-85D2-4C98-847B-13E934FBBF90 (resized).jpegCAB79BF2-0666-47DD-8012-EEC21A5B7383 (resized).jpegCAB79BF2-0666-47DD-8012-EEC21A5B7383 (resized).jpeg
#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

[quoted image]

I love those! Id buy a set if you decide to make some. You are right, the OG slings are not that good at all.

#2086 2 years ago

I Like them og ones

Quoted from Ceckitti:I love those! Id buy a set if you decide to make some. You are right, the OG slings are not that good at all.

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I love those! Id buy a set if you decide to make some. You are right, the OG slings are not that good at all.

id be in for a set, much better than factory.

1 week later
#2088 2 years ago

So I added Color DMD LED yesterday, and I have to say I’m a little underwhelmed. I also added LED to my T2 and DE Batman yesterday, and the results were game-changing.
I’m wondering if I should’ve gone with the LCD instead?
Mainly I’m disappointed in how muddy the animations are. The still images are fine and certainly what I expected, but with some of the animations…if I hadn’t seen them on the original DMD beforehand, I would never even know what I’m looking at. I understand that there is only so much that can be done with the original dot animations, but I think because they move so fast they don’t seem to translate very well to colorization. I’ve tinkered with the contrast and brightness but that’s really not the issue.
With T2 and Batman, I said “Wow!”, and with Spidey I was like “Ehh…”
If anyone in the Spider-verse has the LCD version I’d greatly appreciate your input. Thanks!

#2089 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

So I added Color DMD LED yesterday, and I have to say I’m a little underwhelmed. I also added LED to my T2 and DE Batman yesterday, and the results were game-changing.
I’m wondering if I should’ve gone with the LCD instead?
Mainly I’m disappointed in how muddy the animations are. The still images are fine and certainly what I expected, but with some of the animations…if I hadn’t seen them on the original DMD beforehand, I would never even know what I’m looking at. I understand that there is only so much that can be done with the original dot animations, but I think because they move so fast they don’t seem to translate very well to colorization. I’ve tinkered with the contrast and brightness but that’s really not the issue.
With T2 and Batman, I said “Wow!”, and with Spidey I was like “Ehh…”
If anyone in the Spider-verse has the LCD version I’d greatly appreciate your input. Thanks!

I feel like this has been discussed so many times both here and in the LED vs LCD ColorDMD thread but also understand it's hard to find relevant responses in such large threads. I posted YouTube video comparisons of the LCD in various modes and a couple with the LED. I can only say that if you think either version looks worse than the OG Plasma display you should keep trying different settings as I think either are a huge improvement even on the video sequences. The LED is better for color reproduction, especially deep red, but otherwise I think it comes down to personal preferance. The video sequences in this game must have been so horribly compressed / downconverted though because some still just look like WTF is that even supposed to be?!?!

#2090 2 years ago

Lcd for all sterns from Tspp on. Bally Williams Led.

3 weeks later
#2091 2 years ago

Gaarrggh!! My eyes!... dont have to look at that factory translite anymore! If anyone is interested in an alternate translite for their spider man VE shoot me a message.

Spider man VE PST (resized).jpgSpider man VE PST (resized).jpg
#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Gaarrggh!! My eyes!... dont have to look at that factory translite anymore! If anyone is interested in an alternate translite for their spider man VE shoot me a message.
[quoted image]

Very cool! Nice work.

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

done

#2094 2 years ago

Merry Christmas fellow Spideys!!

#2095 2 years ago
05DF0444-FADF-485D-AD63-786B370869F6 (resized).jpeg05DF0444-FADF-485D-AD63-786B370869F6 (resized).jpeg
#2096 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

Recently got my vault....what's wrong with the factory artwork?

Have any pics of this installed on a game?

#2097 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Already asked him, he doesn’t have any pics of it installed. Would help sales IMO

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

nothing wrong with origional vault art but its nice to change them up sometimes.I bought 1 because spider man is the star and green G takes up most of the backglass on vault.I will switch/alternate when im bored.

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Already asked him, he doesn’t have any pics of it installed. Would help sales IMO

I will post mine installed next week or two when i get it.

#2100 2 years ago

The vault translite is just a lifted panel from one of the comics. It feels like a little bit of a give up, honestly. It isn’t created for the translite at all. Always felt like a bad fit to me. I’m buying the alternate just because it just looks better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
6,775 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Zurich, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/42?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.