Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 51.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Ensures ball drops through the upper lanes on launch and when left orbit shot is made

OK, so coil is active on left orbit shot to let the ball through?

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Do you perhaps have a link? I even don't know what the name of this kind of screw could be.

looked for it, it doesn't use those specific threaded nuts here is a pic https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-ball-guide-kit/ Maybe place the question in the restoration fourm...

#2003 2 years ago

Currently restoring my spiderman. Unfortunately this plastics guides was broken. I made new ones in blue fluorescent with my cnc gear. Hope you like it.

20210811_121051 (resized).jpg20210811_121051 (resized).jpg20210811_121250 (resized).jpg20210811_121250 (resized).jpg20210811_122221 (resized).jpg20210811_122221 (resized).jpg20210811_184859 (resized).jpg20210811_184859 (resized).jpg20210811_184901 (resized).jpg20210811_184901 (resized).jpg
#2004 2 years ago

Looks fantastic! You should make some extras and sell them!

#2005 2 years ago

Looks good

#2007 2 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Do you perhaps have a link? I even don't know what the name of this kind of screw could be.

That is called a spade bolt, if you haven't gotten your answer yet.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

here is a link....https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/231-5025-00

#2009 2 years ago

Awesome! Thanks, I was still looking for the name.

#2010 2 years ago

Just joined the club with an OG Tobey Spidey. One owner. Spent about a year on route and been in a basement since around 08. Needs a shop job and the cab has a couple minor bumps from being moved a couple times, but all in all, very nice specimen. Spidey was one of my NIB regrets over the years. Glad to have one, finally. Gonna grab the Sandman plastic from pinball life. That and the Sandman vs Spidey plastic in the pops are the only playfield issues. Doc Ock magnet still perfect, as well.

#2011 2 years ago

Welcome back to the club!

#2012 2 years ago

3rd day of ownership and I was a few Venom shots away from lighting Super Hero. So close. Love this game. Took this pic after ball one (including the extra). 3rd Goblin and 3rd Venom were in progress.

20210818_231812 (resized).jpg20210818_231812 (resized).jpg

#2013 2 years ago

3rd day of ownership and I was a few Venom shots away from lighting Super Hero. So close. Love this game. Took this pic after ball one (including the extra). 3rd Goblin and 3rd Venom were in progress.
[quoted image]

Got to super hero a few times and each time failed early on. Very disappointed not seeing much of this mode. Gotta stop panicking

#2014 2 years ago

Best Super hero game ever and you have the better Version. The Tobey M SM series even to this day is to me the best Spidey . Macho man Included

[quoted image]

#2015 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Glad you are enjoying the game.
Get to work with some Novus 1 and 2 and see that game clean and shine up. The playfield appears to be in good shape and could probably look pretty sharp with a light cleaning removing the blackish film.

#2016 2 years ago

Hi, I picked up an original Spidey a couple of weeks ago but have pretty much been on the road ever since I got it home.

Right now I’m in Frisco, CO and I stopped into the Co.bar last night to play some of their pins (nice venue!). They also had an original Spidey, but theirs had a center post between the flippers. Mine does not. Looking at some of the gallery pictures on Pinside, it seems there’s a center post on most.

Was the center post part of the original factory design?

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Hi, I picked up an original Spidey a couple of weeks ago but have pretty much been on the road ever since I got it home.
Right now I’m in Frisco, CO and I stopped into the Co.bar last night to play some of their pins (nice venue!). They also had an original Spidey, but theirs had a center post between the flippers. Mine does not. Looking at some of the gallery pictures on Pinside, it seems there’s a center post on most.

Yes, the post is part of the design.

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Glad you are enjoying the game.
Get to work with some Novus 1 and 2 and see that game clean and shine up. The playfield appears to be in good shape and could probably look pretty sharp with a light cleaning removing the blackish film.

I spent a good amount of time today getting stuff cleaned and shopped out. Waiting on the replacement Sandman plastic before I can reassemble. It's all shined up. I changed out all bulbs, except for flashers, for LEDs. Hopefully, I can get by without shelling out for the LED OCD. Trying to keep costs down.

#2019 2 years ago

I spent a good amount of time today getting stuff cleaned and shopped out. Waiting on the replacement Sandman plastic before I can reassemble. It's all shined up. I changed out all bulbs, except for flashers, for LEDs. Hopefully, I can get by without shelling out for the LED OCD. Trying to keep costs down.

Unfortunately, without LEDOCD, unless you have non-ghosting LEDs SM will not look right in the inserts.

#2020 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Unfortunately, without LEDOCD, unless you have non-ghosting LEDs SM will not look right in the inserts.

I can buy non ghosting. I think that would be cheaper. It's only about 50 bulbs on the under side.

#2021 2 years ago

I can buy non ghosting. I think that would be cheaper. It's only about 50 bulbs on the under side.

still gonna ghost on ya i think. need the board on this one.

#2022 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

still gonna ghost on ya i think. need the board on this one.

I've never seen the under side of the VE. Don't they use standard LEDs?

#2023 2 years ago

I've never seen the under side of the VE. Don't they use standard LEDs?

I don't know if they are standard or non-ghosting but I do know they got rid of the variable lit villan inserts that indicate how much progress you've made against each.

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

That’s my spidey! I saw you and your wife playing the other night thanks for the support! I own all the games at Co Bar.

I’m not sure about the center post if that was original or not. A lot of causal players at cO bar so i try to keep the games as friendly as i can.

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

That’s my spidey! I saw you and your wife playing the other night thanks for the support! I own all the games at Co Bar.

Well, I know this is the wrong thread for this…but definitely want to give the Co Bar a shoutout. You have a nice collection, and all of the games played very smooth (nicely dialed in) and were all clean and in very nice condition…more like a private collection owned by an obsessive Pinsider than a typical location venue. Great job keeping them all A+! We’ll be back!

…and the volume on the pins was set nicely too! (Also unlike most other locations set too quiet).

#2026 2 years ago

Anyone buy a decal set and not need the backboard decal? Mine has a bunch of burn around where the bulbs were and it won't come out with magic eraser or anything. I'd love to buy just that decal. Don't need the whole set.

Thanks,
RC

#2027 2 years ago

About 90% done with my Spidey refresh. Waiting on Cliffies and gotta do flipper rebuilds. While placing my pinball life order, I noticed they have a new LED. Economy Ghostbusters. I grabbed 100 wedge and 100 bayonet. I'm happy to report that there is no ghosting in the game now. There is some super fast flicker when, A) the villain arrows in the center are not at full brightness or B) when a white arrow is lit for a shot multiplier. I can live with that. Kinda what happens in AIQ during certain points of the lightshow, if you are familiar.
The comet retros I put in there before (regular, not non ghosting) were ghosting like crazy. I always order from comet, but I gotta say, these PBL bulbs impressed me.

#2028 2 years ago

About 90% done with my Spidey refresh. Waiting on Cliffies and gotta do flipper rebuilds. While placing my pinball life order, I noticed they have a new LED. Economy Ghostbusters. I grabbed 100 wedge and 100 bayonet. I'm happy to report that there is no ghosting in the game now. There is some super fast flicker when, A) the villain arrows in the center are not at full brightness or B) when a white arrow is lit for a shot multiplier. I can live with that. Kinda what happens in AIQ during certain points of the lightshow, if you are familiar.
The comet retros I put in there before (regular, not non ghosting) were ghosting like crazy. I always order from comet, but I gotta say, these PBL bulbs impressed me.

Speaking of cliffys, I had to remove my sandman after awhile because it deformed and would jams a ball in the saucer if I get a second ball over the top. I tend to do this alot during multiball. Annoyed me heaps as you can't shake the ball loose. So watch out during install to maybe minimize this happening as removing is just as bad as putting it in. A major shop job imo for that protector

#2029 2 years ago

Question about the start of Bank Bust or whatever the second Dock Ock mode is on the VE. I've noticed 3 separate behaviors between my game and others and videos. At the start, the ball is held on the magnet, as it should. Then, a ball is auto launched, as it should. Next, one of three things happen:

A) ball goes to pops
B) ball goes to Sandman scoop, as if a lock was made from the right orbit
C) ball goes all the way around and to the left sling/flipper area

So, which is correct? Is my diverter iffy?

Anyone have one of these behaviors be consistent? I've seen all 3 on videos of other Spidey games. I searched youtube and I paid close attention after seeing it be inconsistent on mine.

#2030 2 years ago

Anything I should check if every so often a ball doesn’t register that it drained? I can usually nudge the game a bit and it will pick it up. Clean trough opto? I’ve got new balls in the game too.

#2031 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Anything I should check if every so often a ball doesn’t register that it drained? I can usually nudge the game a bit and it will pick it up. Clean trough opto? I’ve got new balls in the game too.

Check for magnetized balls, divots in the trough that could hang the balls up and that the physical switches are moving freely and registering in switch test. Also, just making sure it's clean in there, too.

#2032 2 years ago

I reached and beat Super Hero today. WOOT! What a rush. Thank you Bowen tutorial. Time to turn off extra ball and put locks on hard settings.

#2033 2 years ago

Question about the start of Bank Bust or whatever the second Dock Ock mode is on the VE. I've noticed 3 separate behaviors between my game and others and videos. At the start, the ball is held on the magnet, as it should. Then, a ball is auto launched, as it should. Next, one of three things happen:
A) ball goes to pops
B) ball goes to Sandman scoop, as if a lock was made from the right orbit
C) ball goes all the way around and to the left sling/flipper area
So, which is correct? Is my diverter iffy?
Anyone have one of these behaviors be consistent? I've seen all 3 on videos of other Spidey games. I searched youtube and I paid close attention after seeing it be inconsistent on mine.

Mine always launches the other ball all the way around the top loop and over towards my left flipper.

#2034 2 years ago

Stoked the new Spider-Man movie includes Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock and possibly Defoe’s Green Goblin! Increased interest ($$$) in 07 Spider-Man perhaps?

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

Stoked the new Spider-Man movie includes Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock and possibly Defoe’s Green Goblin! Increased interest ($$$) in 07 Spider-Man perhaps?

That trailer looks very interesting. Can't wait to see the movie. Guess I got in right under the wire.

#2036 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine always launches the other ball all the way around the top loop and over towards my left flipper.

Thanks. I found the rulesheet and that seems to be the expected behavior. I have done all topside stuff and rebuilt all flippers. Next, I'll check to see if whatever activates that diverter is having issues. Maybe gunked up or something. I think those things use the small coils that don't need a sleeve, but will find out.

2 weeks later
#2037 2 years ago

New Spider-Man owner here and never played before I have owned. Love Steve Richie games.
When I press the flippers I am getting a humming noise??? I'm sure that's not normal??? Any ideas???
Also at start up it says v1.91 that's old, old code right??? Thank you!

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from t2:

New Spider-Man owner here and never played before I have owned. Love Steve Richie games.
When I press the flippers I am getting a humming noise??? I'm sure that's not normal??? Any ideas???
Also at start up it says v1.91 that's old, old code right??? Thank you!

Very old code! You need to update.

Flipper hum could be worn end stops and linkages, consider overhauling your flipper mechs - all 3.

#2039 2 years ago

Ok..... so Im not an owner (yet). I have the opportunity to pick up a Spiderman. They have 2 for sale and I get to pick one. Here is the catch. One is in worse shape than the other. And there is a decent price difference in the 2.
Im going to deep dive into both to see what each needs to help with my decision.

From what I know so far....both have been heavy routed. Both cabinets seem in similar decent shape with almost the same blemishes. Both seem to have no issues with sandman or Doc ock.

Game 1 - VERY VERY VERY dirty, display is working but on its last leg. (I have a few spare NOS displays so thats not a problem)
Game 2 - also dirty but no where near as bad as the other.

My question.... is there anything spider man specific that I should look for/check? Ive played the game a good amount, but not familiar with its ins and outs.

Thanks for any help.

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Ok..... so Im not an owner (yet). I have the opportunity to pick up a Spiderman. They have 2 for sale and I get to pick one. Here is the catch. One is in worse shape than the other. And there is a decent price difference in the 2.
Im going to deep dive into both to see what each needs to help with my decision.
From what I know so far....both have been heavy routed. Both cabinets seem in similar decent shape with almost the same blemishes. Both seem to have no issues with sandman or Doc ock.
Game 1 - VERY VERY VERY dirty, display is working but on its last leg. (I have a few spare NOS displays so thats not a problem)
My question.... is there anything spider man specific that I should look for/check? Ive played the game a good amount, but not familiar with its ins and outs.
Thanks for any help.

Sandman plastic is likely broken on both, but available from PBL. If the really dirty one has no playfield damage on the Doc Ock magnet, I'd get that one to save money. Sterns of this vintage clean up remarkably well. Recently did a full topside teardown on mine and it is pretty straightforward. Just take lots of pics as you go.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Thanks for any help.

Look for wear around the Doc Ock magnet and scoop and for any chips or cracks in the 3 bank target housing, particularly the front edge on top. The plastic by the pops will be broken on both unless a miracle occured on one of them so that's moot. Spidey is not the easiest game to shop but it sounds like both need a full top-side tear down anyway so the cheaper one may be the better deal.

EDIT: he beat me to it, now it sounds like there's an echo in here.

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Thanks for any help.

Update on game 1....... was in a bar that apparently did not follow the No Smoking law.

#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Update on game 1....... was in a bar that apparently did not follow the No Smoking law.

You'll be cleaning a lot of brown nicotine stains and it takes a long time to get the smoke smell out.

1 week later
#2044 2 years ago

It’s in the house and in the game room so it’s official. I’m in the club now

2BB5B2E4-3079-47CA-A83F-EDC8C9EBE585 (resized).jpeg2BB5B2E4-3079-47CA-A83F-EDC8C9EBE585 (resized).jpeg39D17C14-0602-4CB3-B7B9-078DE8450C51 (resized).jpeg39D17C14-0602-4CB3-B7B9-078DE8450C51 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

It’s in the house and in the game room so it’s official. I’m in the club now
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Added a color dmd too.

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Congratulations! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Added a color dmd too.

I def want to get a color dmd for mine!!

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I def want to get a color dmd for mine!!

Yeah, you can actually kinda see the movie scenes with it.

#2048 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, you can actually kinda see the movie scenes with it.

So how good is the color DMD really for Spidey. Been forever since I've seen one but know the factory DMD is mediocre for some scenes.

#2049 2 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

So how good is the color DMD really for Spidey. Been forever since I've seen one but know the factory DMD is mediocre for some scenes.

It's a pretty major improvement of course, some movie scenes are still really bad because apparently that's what they were given to use or it was downrezed so bad to fit memory, etc. The one I've never quite been able to figure out is the rescue MJ clips, because you can see her very well but it's like there is just too much digitial noise in the clip. I did a set of videos showing the different modes in the LCD version and one with the LED version installed. I have the LCD in mine but prefer the LED because the reds are actually red on it. Disclaimer on these videos, especially the LCD ones. I used a DSLR and really messed with the manual settings to get the exposure right or it washes out real bad. To get the best results I turned the brightness on the display WAY down, lower than you'd really want it to so in real world use it doesn't look quite as good as these clips show:

#2050 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a SMVE! What a beautiful game!!!

20211017_150227 (resized).jpg20211017_150227 (resized).jpg20211017_160300 (resized).jpg20211017_160300 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/41?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.