Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 51.
#151 8 years ago

Not a fan of warm whites in spidermans gi. Heres a pic of mine with comfort bright cool white leds from comet.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#152 8 years ago

That is interesting. I recently put comet 5050 frosted in the GI for my SM. I first tried natural/cool white and felt it washed out the plastics and did not fit the nighttime in the city feel of the game. I then tried warm white and quickly realized that was the way it should look to my eye.

#153 8 years ago

I just got done putting Comet's sunlight (not too cool, not too warm) frosted 2 smds in my SM. They may be the most beautiful LEDs I've ever seen and fit the game perfectly.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I just got done putting Comet's sunlight (not too cool, not too warm) frosted 2 smds in my SM. They may be the most beautiful LEDs I've ever seen and fit the game perfectly.

Can you post a few pics please?

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have sunlights in almost everything. Beautiful GI bulb. First thing that will be going in my VE.

1 week later
#156 8 years ago

Just got my spidy back from being on route. Ve aint got shit on this spidy.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have sunlights in almost everything. Beautiful GI bulb. First thing that will be going in my VE.

I put those sunlights everywhere in the GI and wow, it looks great.

1 week later
#158 8 years ago

I took Spidey to the woodshed last night. I successfully completed every mode, beat superhero, and had x6 for every shot for the rest of the game, all on the first ball. I was well on my way to a second superhero, but once I got close to 4 billion, I drained on purpose so the score wouldn't roll. I drained ball two and three intentionally. (this picture is before I launched and drained ball 2)

This was set to tournament mode with no extra balls. I've scored higher, but I've never played a perfect game before. I never thought I would, especially on only one ball.

Best game of my entire life. I feel like I pitched a no hitter or something.

gc_(resized).jpggc_(resized).jpg

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I took Spidey to the woodshed last night. I successfully completed every mode, beat superhero, and had x6 for every shot for the rest of the game, all on the first ball. I was well on my way to a second superhero, but once I got close to 4 billion, I drained on purpose so the score wouldn't roll. I drained ball two and three intentionally. (this picture is before I launched and drained ball 2)
This was set to tournament mode with no extra balls. I've scored higher, but I've never played a perfect game before. I never thought I would, especially on only one ball.

gc_(resized).jpg

Awesome. This is what I am aiming for on Spidey's return. Sold my first one without ever beating it or even thinking I could ever get there.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

gc_(resized).jpg

Why would it roll over at 4 billion? I can see 9,999,999,999...

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Why would it roll over at 4 billion? I can see 9,999,999,999...

I once asked that very same question. Here's the link. I'm barely smart enough to understand the answer, and definitely not smart enough to explain it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-rolls-at#post-2444009

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

gc_(resized).jpg

Sounds like you need to remove the outlane posts and center drain post! Sheesh!

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

gc_(resized).jpg

that's such an astonishingly high score to me that I really can't even fathom it. that's just a ridiculous ton of successful shots and lack of bad bounces. stunning. I'm blown away by that score and it helps me realize how bad I am to be happy when I get 200m on the game.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

that's such an astonishingly high score to me that I really can't even fathom it. that's just a ridiculous ton of successful shots and lack of bad bounces. stunning. I'm blown away by that score and it helps me realize how bad I am to be happy when I get 200m on the game.

I agree, my highest score so far is somewhere around 243 million. Have yet to even come close to super hero.

#165 8 years ago

Great score........congrats! Personally I am an a less than average player, had my game for 2 years and my high is 375Mil....and I thought that game took a while. How long did this 3.7Bil game last?

#166 8 years ago

I asked this in another thread but I was wanting to know how Bang was able to get 6X super jackpots to reach this score? There are only 5 modes and as far as I know when you finish all the white spiders to start a mode is when you shoot a certain shot for X2 scoring on that shot. Therefore you have to do all 5 modes and hit the same shot so that certain shot is 6X super jackpot when in black suit multiball? Someone please clarify. Thanks.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I asked this in another thread but I was wanting to know how Bang was able to get 6X super jackpots to reach this score? There are only 5 modes and as far as I know when you finish all the white spiders to start a mode is when you shoot a certain shot for X2 scoring on that shot. Therefore you have to do all 5 modes and hit the same shot so that certain shot is 6X super jackpot when in black suit multiball? Someone please clarify. Thanks.

When you finish a mode you get to 3x a shot. When you finish Superhero, the entire playfield is 2x. The result is 6x on the shots you had 3x on earlier.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

How long did this 3.7Bil game last?

I played two games before this one that didn't go as well, so it was hard to track the exact time. I'd say it was somewhere near an hour and a half, give or take.

Quoted from jethrodium:

When you finish a mode you get to 3x a shot.

Thanks for clearing that up, jethrodium. Also, during your first run through the game, you can only light 5 shots for x3. To get all 6 shots multiplied you need to complete one mode post superhero.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Sounds like you need to remove the outlane posts and center drain post!

Yeah. I've known I had to make it harder. Thing is, making it harder on me makes it impossible and unfun for most people. Every other machine at the house is murdered out. SM is mostly just for fun and for guests. I don't really play it for score. It's the machine I turn on to kill an hour with the goal of beating superhero.

This was a once in a lifetime game. I doubt I'll ever repeat it. I don't even feel like trying again for a good while.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I played two games before this one that didn't go as well

Shame - probably only had what 1 to 1.5B ? haha. Seriously can't wrap my head around that many shots made and that few bad bounces on slings!

#170 8 years ago

colorDmd installed and used a sigma to tie it to my interactive pinball refinery flasher package. I'll get a short vid up later today. it's a big improvement and hopefully something to entertain me until...if ever...the colored dots are released. little birdies tell me they will be but I don't know anything for sure.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

colorDmd installed and used a sigma to tie it to my interactive pinball refinery flasher package. I'll get a short vid up later today. it's a big improvement and hopefully something to entertain me until...if ever...the colored dots are released. little birdies tell me they will be but I don't know anything for sure.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Black or white rubbers? I have white rubber and the slingshots are so sensitive once the ball gets caught in them, there is a 20% chance the ball will drain through an outlane.

It's a great score. The stakes get really high once a few multipliers are lit and there is a real incentive to concentrate and keep the ball in play. I have never had a table with this type of rules and I love it.

#173 8 years ago

Thank you, lb1. SM has my favorite kind of rule set. It's deeper than it appears at first glance, but it's not incredibly obtuse like TSPP, LOTR, or WOZ. I like those games too, but I find SM's playability is second to none. The wizard mode is not locked away behind a once in a lifetime game, and when you do make it there, it's incredibly well designed.

I may play my other games more at this point, but I will never sell it. It's my favorite machine, and I'd argue it's a perfect game. At least for me.

I currently have white rubber on it. For the slingshots, you could try slamming your palms down on the lockdown bar the moment it hits a slingshot. This can absorb some of the recoil and make for a more favorable bounce. It takes practice, and some people have better luck with it than others. It's worth giving it a shot though, especially if you know you're going to lose that ball anyway.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Thank you, lb1. SM has my favorite kind of rule set. It's deeper than it appears at first glance, but it's not incredibly obtuse like TSPP, LOTR, or WOZ. I like those games too, but I find SM's playability is second to none. The wizard mode is not locked away behind a once in a lifetime game, and when you do make it there, it's incredibly well designed.
I may play my other games more at this point, but I will never sell it. It's my favorite machine, and I'd argue it's a perfect game. At least for me.
I currently have white rubber on it. For the slingshots, you could try slamming your palms down on the lockdown bar the moment it hits a slingshot. This can absorb some of the recoil and make for a more favorable bounce. It takes practice, and some people have better luck with it than others. It's worth giving it a shot though, especially if you know you're going to lose that ball anyway.

"The wizard mode is not locked away behind a once in a lifetime game"

With all due respect! you're an extraordinary player to achieve 1B+ (let alone 4B+!!) and to get to the wizard mode repeatedly. Based on what I know of the greater pinball community- Superhero is locked away in a once in a lifetime game. I've been there twice in a year and half with posts all the way down and one EB turned on and a reasonable tilts. So hard to bring it All together whether it's good bounces on Goblin Godspeed- venom 3rd ramp hits or getting ball to stay in doc ock saucer...

Still my 2nd fav game, just saying...

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Thank you, lb1. SM has my favorite kind of rule set. It's deeper than it appears at first glance, but it's not incredibly obtuse like TSPP, LOTR, or WOZ. I like those games too, but I find SM's playability is second to none.

To me LOTR has one of the more straightforward rulesets of all the modern games.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

To me LOTR has one of the more straightforward rulesets of all the modern games.

I was never a fan of the books nor the films. Fantasy is just mostly not for me. I do like playing LOTR, and I don't doubt the rules are probably more straightforward than I know.

Without much knowledge of the story or an affinity for the characters, when it's explained to me it sounds like, "First you have to hit HELRYTO." "Then make sure you kill GERTUPMFH." "Don't forget to rescue YEROTUB."

It is super confusing to me. At some point I stopped trying to understand it, and was happy to know just enough to reasonably compete. I don't think I'll ever see that wizard mode. That's all I really meant by obtuse on LOTR. Obtuse to a guy like me.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Without much knowledge of the story or an affinity for the characters, when it's explained to me it sounds like, "First you have to hit HELRYTO." "Then make sure you kill GERTUPMFH." "Don't forget to rescue YEROTUB."

While the rules make good use of the story, knowing the story isn't important, which is a good indicator of a job well done. In other words, names don't matter as much as the flashing lights start multiball #1 by lighting all the white inserts. #2 by rolling over enough inserts on the upper playfied. #3 by lighting enough inlanes inserts to light sword ramp lock 3 times and hit it 3 times. Then you are at first wizard mode which is as far as most people can go.

SM is similar in that respect, complete each villain twice and you get your first wizard mode. Don't really have to know who Venom is to know that you're supposed to be hitting the ramps with the blue flashing lights enough times, and hitting the center area enough times, or the slot on the right enough times.

Of course the devil is in the details... and both rulesets have a lot of extras going on, including substantial stacking opportunities where other games have rules that don't allow you to stack this and that multiball, or you can if you do it in a particular order.. thankfully that is not an extra thing to remember in SM or LOTR making them simpler to understand.

The point is the SM rules follow a similar design as LOTR... both some of the best.

#178 8 years ago

Just wondering if anybody has installed those blue web plastic protectors from Pinbits and if you could post a picture? I like the fluorescent look of these protectors in the lower part of the playfield. I've installed the green ones for MET and got some yellow orange ones for GOT. Want to see how it would look on SM. Thanks.

#179 8 years ago

I like them a lot- they are very subtle for what it's worth.
I think they'd be more noticeable if I had less other stuff around them (bac plastics, flipper toppers). they're not as blue as the Met set is green. it's a highly translucent blue

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#180 8 years ago

Would have been nice to see with the GI on. Anybody else?

#181 8 years ago

picky picky... haha

#182 8 years ago

Can you now show what they look like with different colored leds?

#183 8 years ago

Thanks KG! they look great. I was hoping they would have a little more blue fluorescent throw off to enhance the lower part by the flippers.

#184 8 years ago

Bro if you put blue leds they glow blue. They are great looking with cool white.

#185 8 years ago

I understand that but not the same look as the neon looking plastic protectors IMO. Plus I really don't like color in the GI.

#186 8 years ago

Sweet! Just got to Super Hero today and failed miserably but still fun. I asked Tim over at Mezel Mods to make some neon red and blue sling and lane protectors. Hope he comes through, I think it would make that lower part of the playfield look awesome. Now we just need some redone plastics for the slings, lanes, and spider sense area. This game is awesome!

#187 8 years ago

i got the web slings too, its pretty cool and finishes the look i think.
i have a red bulb behind spider sense targets so plastic glows red, and i got whites on the lanes and slings, with translucent white rubber

i guess if you put a mix of white and blue on the lane guides it will glow a nice blue as said @shovelhed, with white its really a subtle blue, barely noticeable, i feel its better for me i like to see the ball clearly when close to the flippers

i recommend the spiders for the speakers from pinbit too they look awesome

i just shopped SM over the last month and began to play again, as copyrighted by @mof, the more you restore the higher you score
lost my ball halfway through the last mode before going to superhero, without "cheating" timing out modes.

370M, not much i guess but previous HS was 200M...

#188 8 years ago

I already asked but I will ask again, just in case.

How does the spider value for the end-of-ball bonus work? I am probably missing something obvious, but I can't figure it out. Also, how does the Royale Battle Jackpot value get calculated? And the standard jackpot values? It looks like they decrease. As is, I'll first get the value that's announced when the pop bumpers kick in to raise the JP value, and suddenly I am back to a mere 150K or so. And I am not talking about the lane multipliers.

#189 8 years ago

yesterday pic i should have uploaded, not a night view, so obviously it glows more without lights on.

this pinball really has a impressive lightshow, probably best ever done, really tied in with gameplay

still having a little flicker even with comet non ghosting.....

IMG_20160307_203919_(resized).jpgIMG_20160307_203919_(resized).jpg

#190 8 years ago

Greetings all. I picked up a nice example of this machine a few weeks ago. I've been busy cleaning/shopping it, but I've managed to play a few dozen games so far. I've added a Laseriffic topper, red flipper buttons, a red DMD filter, and speaker lights. I think the red DMD looks amazing and it really makes the machine look great.

I'm really loving Spider-Man so far and I'm certain this won't be leaving my collection for a long time.

machine2_(resized).JPGmachine2_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#191 8 years ago

My Sandman VUK switch is not registering all the time when a ball is in there. Has to do a ball search before kicking out the ball. Go into test mode and switch activates when pushed all the way down. Ball is not pressing switch down far enough. Is there a way to adjust it without removing the switch? Not very much room back there.

#192 8 years ago

Bumping my previous question

Anybody who has this whole plastic and is willing to sell, please send me a PM:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/3#post-2939623

Thanks!

#193 8 years ago

Can someone explain the shot multipliers and how it stacks? You complete all the white spider targets to light a mode and the next you make I believe it makes that shot X 2. So, you have to keep going on the same ball, complete the mode, shoot all the white spider targets again and hit the same shot that is already multiplied to stack it to X 4? Kinda confused on that part. Also is there a way to increase the jackpots on BS and Battle Royal multiballs? Thanks!

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can someone explain the shot multipliers and how it stacks? You complete all the white spider targets to light a mode and the next you make I believe it makes that shot X 2. So, you have to keep going on the same ball, complete the mode, shoot all the white spider targets again and hit the same shot that is already multiplied to stack it to X 4? Kinda confused on that part. Also is there a way to increase the jackpots on BS and Battle Royal multiballs? Thanks!

From what I remember from my first spidey, start a white mode get the 2x but complete it you get the 3x on whatever white flashing arrow, I always tried to put it on the left loop spinner, massive points!

#195 8 years ago

Hey everybody. I joined the club this weekend! I've been wanting a nice Spider-Man for a long time now. It was one of those pins that I could never seem to get my hands on. Well the wait is over! I picked up a very nice and modded HUO this weekend from a fellow pinsider. I will be selling off a few parts and will post those here shortly.

IMG_6723_(2)_(resized).JPGIMG_6723_(2)_(resized).JPG

#196 8 years ago

I selling my Back Alley Creations building set and train. These came with a machine I purchased this weekend. I'm not all that into mods, so here they are for sale. These are good as new and include all mounting hardware and velcro. These are $325 + shipping new. I'm selling them for $275 including shipping in the lower 48 states. Paypal accepted. PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

BAC_(resized).jpgBAC_(resized).jpg

BAC2_(resized).jpgBAC2_(resized).jpg

BAC3_(resized).jpgBAC3_(resized).jpg

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can someone explain the shot multipliers and how it stacks?

Start by shooting all shots with lit white spider inserts. Once every shot is hit, the inserts will flash. Your next shot will x2 that shot for the duration of your current ball. Once you hit your shot, that insert will stay lit to indicate the multiplier. You can also combine a mode start with that shot if you want, so shooting the left or right orbit will double that shot and start your next mode.

Successfully completing a mode will cause the inserts to flash again. Your next shot will be x3 for the duration of your current ball. Once you hit your shot, that insert will stay lit to indicate the multiplier.

You can triple an already doubled shot, meaning you can overwrite a x2 and make it a x3. Though it's really best to spread the multipliers around.

The lit insert indicating a multiplier will differ depending on whether you are using LEDs or incandescents, but once you know what you are looking for, you won't miss it.

I put the multipliers importance in this order:

1. Left Orbit/Spinner (This is a shot I will be hitting often, plus it starts a mode)
2. Doc Ock (Arguably the most important multiplier, but comes 2nd due to not starting a mode. Multiplies Doc Ock super jps)
3. Right Ramp (Won't be utilized too often, but will multiply Battle Royal jps)
4,5. Both Venom ramps (I don't find one more important than the other, and both multiply Black Suit super jps, but those can be rare)
6. Right Orbit (doesn't get hit as often, and there just isn't much to multiply there)

Oh, and beat Super Hero to get everything you've already done to be x2 for the remainder of your current ball.

Hope that helps.

#198 8 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion for what type of LED to use for the Sandman and Venom modes on the back board? I don't want anything too blinding, but still want it to look nice.

#199 8 years ago

One more question. What is the latest and greatest code?

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Start by shooting all shots with lit white spider inserts. Once every shot is hit, the inserts will flash. Your next shot will x2 that shot for the duration of your current ball. Once you hit your shot, that insert will stay lit to indicate the multiplier. You can also combine a mode start with that shot if you want, so shooting the left or right orbit will double that shot and start your next mode.
Successfully completing a mode will cause the inserts to flash again. Your next shot will be x3 for the duration of your current ball. Once you hit your shot, that insert will stay lit to indicate the multiplier.
You can triple an already doubled shot, meaning you can overwrite a x2 and make it a x3. Though it's really best to spread the multipliers around.
The lit insert indicating a multiplier will differ depending on whether you are using LEDs or incandescents, but once you know what you are looking for, you won't miss it.
I put the multipliers importance in this order:
1. Left Orbit/Spinner (This is a shot I will be hitting often, plus it starts a mode)
2. Doc Ock (Arguably the most important multiplier, but comes 2nd due to not starting a mode. Multiplies Doc Ock super jps)
3. Right Ramp (Won't be utilized too often, but will multiply Battle Royal jps)
4,5. Both Venom ramps (I don't find one more important than the other, and both multiply Black Suit super jps, but those can be rare)
6. Right Orbit (doesn't get hit as often, and there just isn't much to multiply there)
Oh, and beat Super Hero to get everything you've already done to be x2 for the remainder of your current ball.
Hope that helps.

Nice explanation! Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.