Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 51.
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Anyone happen to know where to find a bulb quantity list or map with color inserts. Wanna get enough without paying for too many. Just ordered cliffy set, ledocd, and gizmo. And just going through the list of worth it upgrades. Any suggestions welcome.

Should be in the owners manual. I’d suggest the spider sense lane mod so shots to the spider sense return to the shooter lane and not to the right lanes where you risk losing the ball to the out lane.

#1902 3 years ago

Orders made today.

Ledocd board
Gizmo board
Comet LEDs (selected them myself hopefully I got them right, couldn't find a normal kit that was not non ghosting)
Cliffy complete set
Titan rubbers

Debating on buying the target decals and shaker from pinball life because all those orders puts me at 540 in the hole. And wife doesn't know yet. Seeing how this is the most expensive pin I bought at 4250. Atleast it came with the lcd and is in 9/10 condition atleast.

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Orders made today.
Ledocd board
Gizmo board
Comet LEDs (selected them myself hopefully I got them right, couldn't find a normal kit that was not non ghosting)
Cliffy complete set
Titan rubbers
Debating on buying the target decals and shaker from pinball life because all those orders puts me at 540 in the hole. And wife doesn't know yet. Seeing how this is the most expensive pin I bought at 4250. Atleast it came with the lcd and is in 9/10 condition atleast.

When your pin savings recover consider an LED backbox panel with in-game dimming. You can make it yourself or buy one online.

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

When your pin savings recover consider an LED backbox panel with in-game dimming. You can make it yourself or buy one online.

Link for the build info. Kits I've seen are pricey. Thank you

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Link for the build info. Kits I've seen are pricey. Thank you

i used one of these: http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/4594679907/dimming-controller-only/11392387

and attached it to a homemade LED panel.

#1906 3 years ago

a silly question .... hahahah. Has anyone ever made a code with the original soundtrack of the 3 movies? it would be great...

#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Orders made today.
Ledocd board
Gizmo board
Cliffy complete set
Titan rubbers

It seems that this pin is going down in price lately, in my country it is going down

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

It seems that this pin is going down in price lately, in my country it is going down

Not sure on that. I know I see them in the high 4s to 5s/6s for the 2007 model. Every once in a while I'll see a low 4 or one dip right under 4. But they seem to go quick. Luckily I acted very quick on mine.

#1909 3 years ago

I have a friend with a good spiderman 2007 and he can't sell it for € 4200, the market is surely different. I wanted to sell mine to buy Guardians of the Galaxy, but if I have to sell it badly I prefer to keep it.

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I have a friend with a good spiderman 2007 and he can't sell it for € 4200, the market is surely different. I wanted to sell mine to buy Guardians of the Galaxy, but if I have to sell it badly I prefer to keep it.

Thats 5100 USD rounded down. And market is surely different your right. I think covid has a effect on that, aswell as shipping situations right now, and uncertainty in a person's neck of the woods

#1911 3 years ago

You are right, surely the covid is partly to blame. I also think that in my country people think differently, people think that to pay 4500 or 4800 for a spiderman from 2007 they preferred to pay something more and buy a more modern node, I understand that way of thinking, if you can buy for example a deadpool for 5800 I understand that they prefer it to a 2007 pinball for 1000 less .....

#1912 3 years ago

The Spike LCD games are starting to win people’s attention, they look prettier than your SAM DMD games, especially when the price difference isn’t too big.

I’m argue Spider-Man is better built and would last longer than a spike game, but with node boards and Spike CPU’s tumbling in price recently (in the US at least) then it becomes a bit more level.

I’d love a Jurassic Park right now, but I won’t sell Spider-Man for less then £4k to get one - I don’t want one THAT much, and can happily wait a few years.

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Los juegos Spike LCD están comenzando a llamar la atención de la gente, se ven más bonitos que sus juegos SAM DMD, especialmente cuando la diferencia de precio no es demasiado grande.
Creo que Spider-Man está mejor construido y duraría más que un juego de picos, pero con los tableros de nodos y la caída de precio de la CPU Spike recientemente (al menos en los EE. UU.) Entonces se vuelve un poco más nivelado.
Me encantaría un Jurassic Park en este momento, pero no venderé Spider-Man por menos de £ 4k para obtener uno; no quiero uno TANTO, y felizmente puedo esperar unos años.

I think the same ..... my spiderman is very new and I will not sell it off.

#1914 3 years ago

new

Screenshot_20200930-204640_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200930-204640_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

new
[quoted image]

Looks immaculate. Get some Invisiglass to really show it off!

#1916 3 years ago

an invisible crystal would be perfect !!!!! it is certainly in very good condition and complete

Screenshot_20210122-010503_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210122-010503_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210122-010538_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210122-010538_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1917 3 years ago

i think the RGB GI update was Timebandit's thing, but his thread is very quiet so i wouldn't hold your breath at all.
Comet regular 2SMD bulbs are perfect if you want to use a LEDOCD. https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs
Colour match or just use sunlight white for all the inserts! Either will look great. I mixed it up a bit. Warm white also suits the GI on this one, which isn't normally my preference.
USB updates to the game v2.61 and ColorDMD v4.1 are very easy - good online guides available. You will need to check what era/model of ColorDMD you have in there though. Use a smaller/older USB drive if you can, 512Mb-4Gb seem to work well, in-line with the SAM board-set age.
[quoted image]

For RGB GI contact Prof Pinball, of pinduino fame (his pinside handle is lyonsden ). He has a custom version of replacement rgb inserts and code for SM and SMVE.

#1918 3 years ago

Here the going rate for a Spider-Man is about $9000 (about $6900 USD)

#1919 3 years ago

a lot of money ..... are shipments from Europe expensive?

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

For RGB GI contact Prof Pinball, of pinduino fame (his pinside handle is lyonsden ). He has a custom version of replacement rgb inserts and code for SM and SMVE.

nice !!!!!!!

#1921 3 years ago

..I still think of a sound mod with the original soundtrack of the three movies, including the music band that plays the classic spiderman theme when they give him the key to the city in the third movie ... I think it would be great

#1922 3 years ago

Hi there
I really want to join this club... if someone want to sell a spiderman plz pm me. Prefer in L.A. hope I can get one under $5k USD.

#1923 3 years ago

Anyone got a spare Spidey sense mod or know how to build one and want to sell it. I do t think I have the tools to cut the metal effectively

#1924 3 years ago

So probably a easy fix but I'll ask. I have my grand champion set at 75000000, and when ever I surpassed that it got higher. Up to 150000000, go check settings for grand champion it says 75000000. Sounds like some sort of auto raising feature like auto percentaging. How do I turn that off. I want to turn it off.

#1925 3 years ago

I have a set of figures ready for swap out if anyone interested. sandman with lit hammer ,goblin lit 3 pumkin bombs plus blue in middle of glider, doc with red led in tentacles hidden wires plug and play. 285.00 shipped in USA for all three with exchange of figures. figures are hard to come by so this is exchange only. i will put in market place just posting here first. 2007 and 2010 DOESN'T WORK ON VAULT Just pm

106284  sandman lit (resized).jpg106284 sandman lit (resized).jpg4f81211a46e9f9fac31c75030b07d87e2c0a92de (resized).jpg4f81211a46e9f9fac31c75030b07d87e2c0a92de (resized).jpgdoc ock 1 (resized).jpgdoc ock 1 (resized).jpg

IMAG0471 (resized).jpgIMAG0471 (resized).jpg

#1926 3 years ago

BigLaws mods are top notch you won’t find nicer mods. I personally have them in my machine and guest always comment on them. They are a must for any spiderman owner.
Harley D.

92AC67BF-6344-4B41-BCB3-70EFAD682FF3 (resized).jpeg92AC67BF-6344-4B41-BCB3-70EFAD682FF3 (resized).jpeg
#1927 3 years ago

biglaw - What - no love for the Vault edition

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

BigLaw - What - no love for the Vault edition

Different figures don't have one to experiment with

#1929 3 years ago

Hey,

I have here a spiderman that is loosing high score and setting from time to time.

Perhaps somebody could help me where to start.

Cheers

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Hey,
I have here a spiderman that is loosing high score and setting from time to time.
Perhaps somebody could help me where to start.
Cheers

Have you replaced the little ‘coin’ battery?

In the back box - right circuit board.

#1931 3 years ago

Have you replaced the little ‘coin’ battery?
In the back box - right circuit board.

Not yet, will try. Thanks

#1932 3 years ago

So update.
LEDs installed
Ledocd installed
Ledocd gizmo installed
Red titan rubbers installed
Playfield taken apart cleaned and waxed
Shaker motor installed
Stand up target decals installed
Replaced coil stops and coil sleeves
Code updated
Color dmd lcd code updated

Just need to run more games to make sure flippers are correct and I think we have a winner.

#1934 3 years ago

Glass on in these pics. Put in a order for flipper fidelity speaker package with the 10 inch woofer I believe. 1 red 2 black flipper bats with new plastics red for left and black for right from alley mods. A new magnet core and nut for when the cliffys arrive. Couple questions though

One of my ramp flaps seems to be digging in to the playfield a tadnonnone corner. Would be good idea to put alittle mylar under the flap to keep this from happening?

I always see comments about spiderman with a shaker motor and sub is awesome.. do they mean like a updated sub like flipper fidelity or external sub?

Anyone have experience with flipper fedelity in their machine? Will it cause a rattle?

Mirror blades or art blades? The way I see it you either go the city scape art blades and add buildings and the train for either side which I feel closes the game in. Or your go mirror blades and save the couple hundred on mod structures and open the game up. Any input?

Any other mod suggestions. Right now we have the following.
Color dmd lcd
Shaker motor
Comet LEDs
Titan rubbers
Led ocd board ( I took the gizmo attachment for the gi out because I didn't like the effect.)
Flipper fidelity speaker system (unless if I decide to cancel before it ships)
Cliffys (not in yet)
New sling shot, return lane Spidey sense plastics from back alley (just ordered)

Don't think the game needs pinstadiums this thing seems plenty bright.

IMG_20210128_124359 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_124359 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_124404 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_124404 (resized).jpg
#1935 3 years ago

Nice looking spidy!

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Mirror blades or art blades?

I’ve owned this game twice, and the first time had a loaded one with shaker, mirrors and buildings/subway train. I liked it a lot, but was just starting to collect and wanted other pins. 2 years later I came back to SM and bought a minty, stock SE with the black web rails and added only cityscape blades and target decals. I love the game both ways. I prefer the wide open look of the blades, without the buildings. I may get the subway car again tho. I’ll add an external Polk sub too.

Have fun tricking yours up!

484310FD-3171-46D1-8315-6B14F14D0AD9 (resized).jpeg484310FD-3171-46D1-8315-6B14F14D0AD9 (resized).jpeg
#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

BigLaws mods are top notch you won’t find nicer mods. I personally have them in my machine and guest always comment on them. They are a must for any spiderman owner.
Harley D.
[quoted image]

I second this. Huge upgrade imo.. my fav part is that now I know when Goblin is running ha! But really, they bring the game up to another level.

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’ll add an external Polk sub too.

Gotta have a sub. Adds a surprising amount.

1 week later
#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Gotta have a sub. Adds a surprising amount.

Added a Polk subwoofer to my Spidey and wow, what a boost to the fantastic sound package on this pin! It really adds so much to the game experience and makes the play more immersive. Personally, I prefer a subwoofer on this game to a shaker motor, but that's just me. It adds plenty of rumble to the game and is more subtle than a shaker, which I prefer. If you don't have a subwoofer on your SM, consider it. I highly recommend it.

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Added a Polk subwoofer to my Spidey and wow, what a boost to the fantastic sound package on this pin! It really adds so much to the game experience and makes the play more immersive. Personally, I prefer a subwoofer on this game to a shaker motor, but that's just me. It adds plenty of rumble to the game and is more subtle than a shaker, which I prefer. If you don't have a subwoofer on your SM, consider it. I highly recommend it.

I ended up doing all three, did a FF speaker package, shaker motor, and external sub. Too be honest the flipper Fidelity package was the least effective. It's nice, but just not as nice as the price doesn't add as much as I would hope.

#1941 3 years ago

Interested in joining this club. As somebody who's only owner modern Sterns, should I aim for a VE rather than an original? Is there an overwhelming bias for or against a particular version on the secondary market?

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Interested in joining this club. As somebody who's only owner modern Sterns, should I aim for a VE rather than an original? Is there an overwhelming bias for or against a particular version on the secondary market?

Really depends on your preference. Some prefer the music, callouts and theme of the Sam Raimi trilogy. I do. Others prefer the classic comic style with different toys and a few minor tweaks to the construction. They are very similar in terms of play, but the sound and art packages are different. The newer VEs tend to cost more too, from what I see. Around $6 or $6500 for a minty VE. An original “red” version is around $5 or $5500 for a really nice one. A black version is more, like $7. I grabbed an SE in mint condition with web rails, signed translite and colored web plastics for $5k recently. I’ve owned the original twice and I love it. Sounds awesome with a subwoofer!

#1943 3 years ago

Please describe how to connect an external sub?
And is it possible to connect two pinballs to the same sub?

#1944 3 years ago

Call outs and toys on be suck imo

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Call outs and toys on be suck imo

I mean VE.

Quoted from WildRun:

I just took some speaker wire, soldered two ends to alligator clips, attached those to post and neg on cab speaker then plugged the other two ends into the woofer. Another option which I'll end up doing is the pinnovators kit, they have a kit where you can either just send it to subs via rca, or add a headphone kit aswell.

I do have my last action hero hooked up to the same sub via the speaker wire method. Only issue I see is everytime I turn it on I have to readjust the alligator clips or I have no sub or cab speaker sound. The last action hero does have a rca output because it has pinsound plus, but not sure if it's okay to use both the rca input and speaker wire inputs at the same time on the external. I'm currently using speaker wire left for SM right for LAH

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from WildRun:

As mentioned above, you can simply connect speaker wire to the positive and negative on the existing cabinet speaker, either by using alligator clips or just twisting wire around them, then connect to the back of the subwoofer. If you need pics of the connections I can share them.

#1947 3 years ago

You can connect two pins to the same sub. Just connect one to the "Right" speaker input, and one to the "Left" input.

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from WildRun:

I connect two separate pins to one sub all the time. Works well.

If you don't want to make a subwoofer cable, I made a ton of them and added them to my pinside shop- $10 shipped per cable.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04827-10-subwoofer-cable

#1949 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I like the ve art package, dmd dots and toys but sound is horrible. They improved some mechs too. But original sound is great, goblin moves, I don't know if any ve guys have noticed pf wear or not from web slinger as newer playfields seem softer. Nearly bought a ve but ended up with red and am biased towards that edition.

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I like the ve art package, dmd dots and toys but sound is horrible. They improved some mechs too. But original sound is great, goblin moves, I don't know if any ve guys have noticed pf wear or not from web slinger as newer playfields seem softer. Nearly bought a ve but ended up with red and am biased towards that edition.

Not only does the Goblin move on the OG but he actually looks like some version of the Green Goblin I've seen before, I don't read the newer Spidey comics so I have no idea what that thing is on the VE. Also as mentioned the J.K. Simmons custom J. Jonah Jameson callouts are some of the best in ANY Stern game, that guy IS the character even in the latest Spidey movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/39?hl=bubbapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.