Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 51.
#1851 3 years ago

Soon to be joining the spider club, I’m in need of the central ramp, don’t suppose anyone has a spare one knocking about? I have found a place on line but just asking if anyone had one? Before I pull the trigger
Thanks Tony

#1852 3 years ago

Helping a buddy update his pins. What is the last update from SM?

Done with a thumb drive like all the newer Sterns? (Been a while since I looked at SM boards

#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Helping a buddy update his pins. What is the last update from SM?
Done with a thumb drive like all the newer Sterns? (Been a while since I looked at SM boards

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#1855 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. Looks like he has 2.6. Is 2.61 worth updating?

yes. 100%

#1856 3 years ago

Three balls into sandman at the same time.
About a month ago I loaded 3 balls at the same time into the sandman. I’ve loaded two at time before and they managed to kick out successfully but three did not. Instead the up selenoid fired several times and the ball wedged against the plastic between the sandman and pop bumpers and broke it.
I recommend that you immediately hit the power switch if you ever accidentally load 3 balls into the sandman.

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

Three balls into sandman at the same time.
About a month ago I loaded 3 balls at the same time into the sandman. I’ve loaded two at time before and they managed to kick out successfully but three did not. Instead the up selenoid fired several times and the ball wedged against the plastic between the sandman and pop bumpers and broke it.
I recommend that you immediately hit the power switch if you ever accidentally load 3 balls into the sandman.

That plastic ends up broken on just about every game unless you install a plastic protector. Most people that own the game don't even realize it's broken on theirs.

#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from Eggrock:

As it turned out, the playfield was way too steep. I adjusted the level and it made a HUGE difference. I’m happy again.
Here’s a picture of my machine. What a game, count me in the club [quoted image]

It’s a great game. ST came back in time to have a baby with AFM and they named it SM.

#1859 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It’s a great game. ST came back in time to have a baby with AFM and they named it SM.

Accurate observation! SM was my 3rd pin ever back in 2017, which feels like 15 years ago somehow. Because I was starting out and had “the fever,” I sold my loaded SM after 6 months and moved on to other pins. In 2019 I got a Star Trek, which I thought meant my SM reunion wasn’t to be. Then Covid arrived and I NEEDED Spidey again! Found one of those 50 or so SE’s signed by SR and GS with the black web rails, and drove to PA from MI to get it! Well worth it!!! I’m very thankful to own them both.

#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Accurate observation! SM was my 3rd pin ever back in 2017, which feels like 15 years ago somehow. Because I was starting out and had “the fever,” I sold my loaded SM after 6 months and moved on to other pins. In 2019 I got a Star Trek, which I thought meant my SM reunion wasn’t to be. Then Covid arrived and I NEEDED Spidey again! Found one of those 50 or so SE’s signed by SR and GS with the black web rails, and drove to PA from MI to get it! Well worth it!!! I’m very thankful to own them both.

Nice. I know of the Originals, Black SM and Vault comic. Can I ask what are the signed SE’s with the web rails? Not familiar.

#1861 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Nice. I know of the Originals, Black SM and Vault comic. Can I ask what are the signed SE’s with the web rails? Not familiar.

In 2009, I believe, when Stern was done producing Spider-Man, a Stern distributor, Automated, I think, requested another 50-60 pins due to demand. So Stern created a final run of “Special Edition” Spider-Man pins. Here is an announcement I found...

"STERN PINBALL is making a special LIMITED EDITION run of 50 to 60 spiderman pinball machines EXCLUSIVELY for us. The machine will feature black web flipper armour (just like the spiderman Black's silver armour only black) and 3 "WEBBIES". Steve Ritchie Productions' "Webbies" upgrade are included and FACTORY installed in every one of these Spider-Man games. The Webbies are colorful glossy Laser-Cut Lucite replacement webs for the drab clear ones that normally come with the game. The Webbies are attached to the Doc Ock and Sandman Web Slingers, and the ball shooter rail. They are transparent and add a nice splash of color and light to the game, for a sharp truly Limited Edition look. The translite will be signed by Gary Stern and the Designer, Steve Ritchie. As a special BONUS, an Official, Stern brochure signed by Ritchie will also be included with the machine. These pinball machines are being made EXCLUSIVELY for us as a THANK YOU for being STERN PINBALL'S LARGEST DISTRIBUTOR!"

#1862 3 years ago

I think there was a finl release after that as my sm delivered to Australia was dated 11th Dec 2009 and had all you mentioned less the signatures

#1863 3 years ago

a question, does anyone have the spiderman code in spanish ?. Another question, hahaha, is there much difference between the Spanish code and the last one?

1 week later
#1864 3 years ago

I downloaded file. Looks like a BIN file with only 23,652KB. ok?

#1865 3 years ago

what would cause a flipper fuse to blow when a machine is powered up, even before a game is started?

EDIT
it is the right lower flipper
it is controlled by the transistor Q16?
which is a TO-220 20N10L 100V 20A?

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

what would cause a flipper fuse to blow when a machine is powered up, even before a game is started?
EDIT
it is the right lower flipper
it is controlled by the transistor Q16?
which is a TO-220 20N10L 100V 20A?

I’ve seen this twice on SAM systems... on a LOTR LE and a 24. Both times they blow when the start button activated and yes it was the transistors.... Q16 sounds right. You can test with a DMM but that’s likely the fix.

#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I downloaded file. Looks like a BIN file with only 23,652KB. ok?

Sounds about right. This is what i get:
Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 2.41.41 pm (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-12-02 at 2.41.41 pm (resized).png

i.e. SPiDerman 2.61 64bit scoring.

#1868 3 years ago

No one with the code in Spanish ????

#1869 3 years ago

Its a setting you can change the language in the menu.

#1870 3 years ago

I am not referring to the texts on the screen ..... I already have that in the configuration of the machine, it is set in Spanish. I mean the code that had all the voices in Latin Spanish.

1 week later
#1871 3 years ago

I have a minor but irritating problem.

If the Sand Man is raised and open for scoring, after locking a ball at the Doc magnet for Bank Bust, a new ball is sent from the plunger to the hole behind sand man and the game assumes that I scored the Sand Man.

What could it be that causes this?

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from Eggrock:

If the Sand Man is raised and open for scoring, after locking a ball at the Doc magnet for Bank Bust, a new ball is sent from the plunger to the hole behind sand man and the game assumes that I scored the Sand Man.

I’m going off memory here but there should be a gate or something when a ball is plunged it shouldn’t go all the way around it should stop and fall into the pop bumpers

#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from Eggrock:

Quoted from dimthedaylights:

I’m going off memory here but there should be a gate or something when a ball is plunged it shouldn’t go all the way around it should stop and fall into the pop bumpers

Yes, there is a controlled gate up there that should stop the ball and put it into the pops. Sounds like yours is broken / stuck open.

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from Eggrock:

I'll correct my previous response, there is a controlled gate up there but after you start Bank Bust the gate should open and allow the launched ball to come all the way around the orbit to your left flipper. If yours isn't making it past the Sandman hole maybe the auto-plunger is misaligned, dirty / weak or the game is really not leveled well. Another possibility is that the controlled gate isn't opening all the way and slowing down the ball enough to deflect it to the sandman.

#1875 3 years ago

Thanks, I’ll look into it!

#1876 3 years ago

This is my first post here. I'm looking for a SMVE and having no luck finding many available. Only found about 2. One has over 6,000 game plays and the other is from a dealer with only a couple hundred. He's claiming it's only been a demo game. Actually both are from dealers and claiming it's a demo game.
One is $6,400 and one is $7,300 (the less played one). I'm seeing a history of the price on these and I'm thinking it's a little high. I guess my question is what did this game sell for new and does $7,300 seem fair for one that supposedly a new demo unit with a couple hundred game plays.
Not having many options on finding one so it doesn't give me many choices. I usually do prefer buying new if possible or something with little use. The one with over 6,000 game plays seems like a lot of use already.

Thanks

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from Jstampa:

This is my first post here. I'm looking for a SMVE and having no luck finding many available. Only found about 2. One has over 6,000 game plays and the other is from a dealer with only a couple hundred. He's claiming it's only been a demo game. Actually both are from dealers and claiming it's a demo game.
One is $6,400 and one is $7,300 (the less played one). I'm seeing a history of the price on these and I'm thinking it's a little high. I guess my question is what did this game sell for new and does $7,300 seem fair for one that supposedly a new demo unit with a couple hundred game plays.
Not having many options on finding one so it doesn't give me many choices. I usually do prefer buying new if possible or something with little use. The one with over 6,000 game plays seems like a lot of use already.
Thanks

6000 plays is a ton for that new of a machine. No way that was a "demo unit" unless it was "demoed" for years in a very busy location. I would steer clear from that vendor as there is no way that's true. $7300 is also crazy. Maybe if it was NIB, but not for a used machine. $6k-$6.5 would be fair for a low play HUO machine. If the demo unit was well cared for, I would put that in the same boat. I would try to be patient and watch for a realistic seller to come along, or consider a regular/original version.

#1878 3 years ago

That does sound right. Patience is virtue which is something I need to practice a little more of.
The dealer with 6,000 plays is in a large mall. They said it’s been on the floor for several years.
I guess I’ll wait. I do prefer the VE version. I’m sure something will come along. Thanks

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from Jstampa:

That does sound right. Patience is virtue which is something I need to practice a little more of.
The dealer with 6,000 plays is in a large mall. They said it’s been on the floor for several years.
I guess I’ll wait. I do prefer the VE version. I’m sure something will come along. Thanks

Ahh...yeah I would definitely steer clear of that one unless it was well maintained and they come down quite a bit in price. I'd start considering it at $5800 or so depending on how much wear it has. At 6k plays, it likely has at least some wear...up to you how much you can be happy with for the price.

I totally understand it's tough to wait. But you do not want to overpay for a game you ultimately are not happy with. The right one will come along! The VE is a sweet machine. I have owned both, and I prefer bits and pieces of each of them over the other. Ultimately though, if (when, LOL) I get another one, it will be an original. I like the original call-outs much better, and find the modes more intense overall. It helps being a fan of the movies. Great machine in either form though. Best of luck in the search!

#1880 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a pinball browser for Spider-Man VE?

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Jstampa:

This is my first post here. I'm looking for a SMVE and having no luck finding many available.

There’s on on mpls Craigslist.
Looks good at 6200

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

There’s on on mpls Craigslist.
Looks good at 6200
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Wow, Looks good. Thanks. I may try and find a way to make this work out. I'm just very leery doing something so far away thru an online ad or something. If it was a dealer I'd jump on it.

1 week later
#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Jstampa:

Wow, Looks good. Thanks. I may try and find a way to make this work out. I'm just very leery doing something so far away thru an online ad or something. If it was a dealer I'd jump on it.

Keep your eye out or put an WTB add on Village BBS. Also don’t rule out a 2007 Orig SM. Great game also. Whichever comes up first.

#1884 3 years ago

I am looking someone to take pictures of these cards installed in their machine in exchange for a free set. If you are interested, please post here. I get overwhelmed with PMs on these, so posting in the thread keeps PMs clean. First person that wants them for pics, please post here.
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04664-spiderman-lenticular-apron-cards

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am looking someone to take pictures of these cards installed in their machine in exchange for a free set. If you are interested, please post here. I get overwhelmed with PMs on these, so posting in the thread keeps PMs clean. First person that wants them for pics, please post here.
Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04664-spiderman-lenticular-apron-cards

I would love to have a set and happy to provide pictures.
Let me know.

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I would love to have a set and happy to provide pictures.
Let me know.

Shoot me a PM with your snail mail .. thanks!

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Shoot me a PM with your snail mail .. thanks!

WooHoo!
PM incomming.
Thanks!

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks!

Hey Ralph - I would love a set, I did your Ghostbusters cards

#1890 3 years ago

Jumped back in here and noticed this. It looks great. My spidey is next up for a ColorDMD. Whatever those settings they certainly nail it for the graphics.

1 week later
#1891 3 years ago

Picture isn’t close to what the trough looks like in real life, more VERY light purple, not blue like camera pic captured it. But I got Comet’s pinball trough lighting kit in purple installed today. Subtle in person, great results for the price. https://www.cometpinball.com/products/outhole-lighting-kit
1BEADEFB-C482-40C0-BECA-F47AA99E1E25 (resized).jpeg1BEADEFB-C482-40C0-BECA-F47AA99E1E25 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1892 3 years ago

Changed shooter rods today, matches my IMVE, next up illusion smurf blue powder coating job

my other webbed shooter rod is available https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108656

2347B04D-EBFA-482F-ACF1-9DB5B1CADB90 (resized).jpeg2347B04D-EBFA-482F-ACF1-9DB5B1CADB90 (resized).jpeg23F883D4-E83B-43BE-9A9B-27FAE8133119 (resized).jpeg23F883D4-E83B-43BE-9A9B-27FAE8133119 (resized).jpeg
#1893 3 years ago

Hey y'all, just joined the club got a pretty good deal on a 2007 spiderman with a color lcd. It's got old code of the game like 1.3 or 1.7 something like that. So gotta update that.

When I update that code do I need to locate a update for the color lcd code?

I was reading through the first ten pages of this thread and saw someone was working on a rgb led conversion but can't find anything for sell

Wanna upgrade the lights, it has incandescent s so was gonna upgrade to ledocd and comets unless if the rgb conversion isn't a myth

And do the code on these update via USB?

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Hey y'all, just joined the club got a pretty good deal on a 2007 spiderman with a color lcd. It's got old code of the game like 1.3 or 1.7 something like that. So gotta update that.
I was reading through the first ten pages of this thread and saw someone was working on a rgb led conversion but can't find anything for sell
Wanna upgrade the lights, it has incandescent s so was gonna upgrade to ledocd and comets unless if the rgb conversion isn't a myth

Yes there's a colordmd update and yes both updates are via usb

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

yeah, you will need to fit the LEDOCD board

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

i think the RGB GI update was Timebandit's thing, but his thread is very quiet so i wouldn't hold your breath at all.

Comet regular 2SMD bulbs are perfect if you want to use a LEDOCD. https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs
Colour match or just use sunlight white for all the inserts! Either will look great. I mixed it up a bit. Warm white also suits the GI on this one, which isn't normally my preference.

USB updates to the game v2.61 and ColorDMD v4.1 are very easy - good online guides available. You will need to check what era/model of ColorDMD you have in there though. Use a smaller/older USB drive if you can, 512Mb-4Gb seem to work well, in-line with the SAM board-set age.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1897 3 years ago

i've got a 2010 run SM and for some reason LEDs won't fit into the holes on the back where the Venom and Sandman progress lights up (talking about the three blue and three yellow lights on the way back). Anyone else run into this and if so how did you fix it?

#1898 3 years ago

Anyone happen to know where to find a bulb quantity list or map with color inserts. Wanna get enough without paying for too many. Just ordered cliffy set, ledocd, and gizmo. And just going through the list of worth it upgrades. Any suggestions welcome.

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Anyone happen to know where to find a bulb quantity list or map with color inserts. Wanna get enough without paying for too many. Just ordered cliffy set, ledocd, and gizmo. And just going through the list of worth it upgrades. Any suggestions welcome.

I just bought a kit and was happy with it. maybe overpaid a little but it was worth it for the ease of use.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

I just bought a kit and was happy with it. maybe overpaid a little but it was worth it for the ease of use.

Yeah was looking at comets and it uses no ghosting which I can't use because of ledocd, so just trying to figure out quantity per color and lamp base cause it uses multiple bases

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.