Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 51.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Could you post the video? I’d love to see it!

I tried to upload them, but it says they are of an "invalid" extension. I can upload pics, but not a video it appears....

#1753 3 years ago

Thanks for posting the videos!

#1754 3 years ago

How does the variable insert brightness look with the LEDOCD, is it obvious? I don't even know what it looks like with incandescents, since I'm still in the repairs and cleanup stage with my new Spidey.

#1755 3 years ago

Interesting how all the main mode / villain inserts all remain mostly on / lit all the time in attract mode. I think I'd want those fading more like the other inserts if possible in the settings on the OCD board

EDIT: After I posted this I went and looked at my non-VE game with incandescent bulbs in it and those main inserts behave pretty similarly so I guess I wouldn't try to adjust it after all.

#1756 3 years ago

The difference is even more noticeable in person. I looked at the video's again and although they do show some difference, in person it looks even better.

I am ordering an OCD board for my Simpson's as it has all LED's as well.

#1757 3 years ago

I know it’s just part of the game, but has anyone had any success at limiting the bounce back on doc ock from the left flipper on OG Spidey? I feel like 50% of my clean shots bounce back. That seems like a very high percentage.

#1758 3 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

I know it’s just part of the game, but has anyone had any success at limiting the bounce back on doc ock from the left flipper on OG Spidey? I feel like 50% of my clean shots bounce back. That seems like a very high percentage.

You can bend a spot in the scoop, I can’t remember exactly but it’s in this thread somewhere and helped me a ton

#1759 3 years ago

Many have placed a piece of foam at the back of doc ock shot. I’d prefer this there to limit the bounce back https://www.pinballlife.com/1-square-blue-rubber-pad-with-adhesive-backing.html

#1760 3 years ago

I got deadening foam from pinbits: http://pinbits2.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_45

Also, if you have a Cliffy protector on the magnet, you need to put a little piece of mylar in front of it so it is not as big a bump, otherwise the protector will make the ball bounce high and you get rejects.

#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I got deadening foam from pinbits: http://pinbits2.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_45
Also, if you have a Cliffy protector on the magnet, you need to put a little piece of mylar in front of it so it is not as big a bump, otherwise the protector will make the ball bounce high and you get rejects.

I hadn't seen those little circles on their site before, where do you place them?

#1762 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hadn't seen those little circles on their site before, where do you place them?

backside of the scoop so the ball doesn't hit metal and bounce back. Put them on Doc Ock and Sandman

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

backside of the scoop so the ball doesn't hit metal and bounce back. Put them on Doc Ock and Sandman

Does this solve an issue I've been noticing on sandman. I think it has started after installing the cliffy, not right away but after a few months. Sometimes when shooting directly into sandman and sometimes when the diverter stood the ball into sandman, the ball rests at the back of the scoop and not in the hole. You need to shake it pretty hard to get ut to drop causing the odd tilt. Annoying when it happens during a multiball. Any solutions guys? Does it involve removing lots of gear?

#1764 3 years ago

Picked one up today, 3rd times a charm. The color dmd in mine is showing the movie animations in bw, shouldn't they be color? Any ideas?

#1765 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Picked one up today, 3rd times a charm. The color dmd in mine is showing the movie animations in bw, shouldn't they be color? Any ideas?

Check you’re running latest game code and ColorDMD rom?

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Thanks mate, will do

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Is there a setting on the color dmd itself that adjusts contrast? I know there are 4 buttons on it.

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is there a setting on the color dmd itself that adjusts contrast? I know there are 4 buttons on it.

Yes but that wouldn't cause it to go black and white.

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Does this solve an issue I've been noticing on sandman. I think it has started after installing the cliffy, not right away but after a few months. Sometimes when shooting directly into sandman and sometimes when the diverter stood the ball into sandman, the ball rests at the back of the scoop and not in the hole. You need to shake it pretty hard to get ut to drop causing the odd tilt. Annoying when it happens during a multiball. Any solutions guys? Does it involve removing lots of gear?

Mine did the same thing because there was no Cliffy back there from the previous ownder and the play field got beat up pretty bad. What happens is after awhile, since there is a big space under the Cliffy, it bends from the ball slamming into it from direct shots and makes a big lip for the ball to have to go over and gets stuck. I had to disassemble the whole Sandman area, take off the Cliffy, use KwikWood to fill in the spot and put the Cliffy back on to form it. You have to straighten the Cliffy out first to the shape it is supposed to be. After I did that, it rolls in every time. Also, with the Cliffy, you should have gotten a triangle piece of mylar to put back there that led to the Cliffy to stop the ball from getting stuck as well.

#1770 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Mine did the same thing because there was no Cliffy back there from the previous ownder and the play field got beat up pretty bad. What happens is after awhile, since there is a big space under the Cliffy, it bends from the ball slamming into it from direct shots and makes a big lip for the ball to have to go over and gets stuck. I had to disassemble the whole Sandman area, take off the Cliffy, use KwikWood to fill in the spot and put the Cliffy back on to form it. You have to straighten the Cliffy out first to the shape it is supposed to be. After I did that, it rolls in every time. Also, with the Cliffy, you should have gotten a triangle piece of mylar to put back there that led to the Cliffy to stop the ball from getting stuck as well.

Yes I installed the mylar, so it looks like a bit of a job again. Thanks

#1771 3 years ago

I've read about Doc Ock bounce outs but on my game a clean shot flies out of the right hand side. Should there be anything in place to stop that or is a bit of scoop bending required?

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I've read about Doc Ock bounce outs but on my game a clean shot flies out of the right hand side. Should there be anything in place to stop that or is a bit of scoop bending required?

That's weird. Take a picture of the area if you can

#1773 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

i’ve owned 3 Spider-man’s and they all did this, especially when they were very clean and flippers were new/rebuilt. don’t know i’ve ever heard of a fix for it other than letting the game get a little dirty and slow the ball down.

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

That's weird. Take a picture of the area if you can

IMG_20200622_183116 (resized).jpgIMG_20200622_183116 (resized).jpg
#1775 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i’ve owned 3 Spider-man’s and they all did this, especially when they were very clean and flippers were new/rebuilt. don’t know i’ve ever heard of a fix for it other than letting the game get a little dirty and slow the ball down.

I have never ever had one bounce out of the right side.....or ever heard of such a thing. That even being possible never even crossed my mind.

I have heard of issues with the ball coming back out of the entrance and used to see that issue quite often....but after adding the drop dead foam...I can say I never remember it happening again. It's like a non-issue that was so completely fixed I forget all about it unless playing on someone else's game that doesn't have the foam added. It also seems that most games I play have the foam added or some sort of fix.

#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

[quoted image]

Appears that it broke the plastic along that side which probably keeps the ball from kicking out most of the time. I wonder if anyone sells a protector for that one?

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Nunca he tenido un rebote en el lado derecho ..... o he oído hablar de tal cosa. Eso incluso siendo posible nunca se me pasó por la mente.
He oído hablar de problemas con la pelota que sale de la entrada y solía ver ese problema con bastante frecuencia ... pero después de agregar la espuma caída ... puedo decir que nunca recuerdo que vuelva a suceder. Es como un problema que estaba tan completamente solucionado que lo olvido todo a menos que juegue en el juego de otra persona que no tiene la espuma añadida. También parece que la mayoría de los juegos que juego tienen la espuma agregada o algún tipo de solución.

What type of foam and where exactly is it placed? I have the same problem

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

They call it drop dead foam. Pinbits sold it....it looks like their website is out of commission at the moment. They are just round discs of foam that you can peel one side off and stick in place.

I used a full disc on the top of the scoop plate and another half circle (and then some) in the back of the playfield cutout in that area.

I also remember using one in the lock area, as the ball would hit the popup pin to be locked, but hit the ball guide on the lower side of the back lane and bounce out of the lock area instead up rolling into the VUK. The foam disc fixed that also.

IMG_5203 (resized).JPGIMG_5203 (resized).JPGIMG_5204 (resized).JPGIMG_5204 (resized).JPG
#1779 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I see this place has what they call drop dead foam....it looks like the same stuff, but in different shapes. I'm just not sure if all of those pieces have the peel and stick backing or not. If they do....you should be able to cut those pieces to do the job and have plenty left over for possible uses in other games or needed areas.

https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Geraetespezifisches/Capcom/Big-Bang-Bar/Big-Bang-Bar---Dead-Drop-Foam-Kit.html

#1780 3 years ago

Anyone know where u can buy new backbox decals for an original SM?

#1781 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Veo que este lugar tiene lo que llaman espuma muerta ... parece el mismo material, pero en diferentes formas. No estoy seguro de si todas esas piezas tienen el respaldo de pelar y pegar o no. Si lo hacen ... deberías ser capaz de cortar esas piezas para hacer el trabajo y tener un montón de sobra para posibles usos en otros juegos o áreas necesarias.
https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Geraetespezifisches/Capcom/Big-Bang-Bar/Big-Bang-Bar---Dead-Drop-Foam-Kit.html

ok thank you very much friend, I will see what I envy the problem will be if I do not send it to Spain the shipping costs and customs. Thank you very much !!!!

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Appears that it broke the plastic along that side which probably keeps the ball from kicking out most of the time. I wonder if anyone sells a protector for that one?

I have a cunning plan.
IMG_20200623_193446 (resized).jpgIMG_20200623_193446 (resized).jpg

#1783 3 years ago

I'm pleased with this replacement for the plastic. I took some rough measurements and got my daughter to model and print it and it fits perfectly.
IMG_20200624_103209 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_103209 (resized).jpg

#1784 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I'm pleased with this replacement for the plastic. I took some rough measurements and got my daughter to model and print it and it fits perfectly.
[quoted image]

Nice work, isn't it ridiculous how expensive plastics are for Stern games? You can get commonly broken single pieces for all sorts of Bally and B/W games but not modern Sterns. The one up by the pops that the Sandman VUK breaks all the time is another great example, have to buy a full set just to replace it.

#1785 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Estoy satisfecho con este reemplazo para el plástico. Tomé algunas medidas aproximadas y conseguí que mi hija lo modelara e imprimiera y se ajusta perfectamente.
[quoted image]

incredible !!!! it is perfect !!!!

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Nice work, isn't it ridiculous how expensive plastics are for Stern games? You can get commonly broken single pieces for all sorts of Bally and B/W games but not modern Sterns. The one up by the pops that the Sandman VUK breaks all the time is another great example, have to buy a full set just to replace it.

So many of my plastics are broken that a full set wouldn't be wasted but I do resent the cost of such stuff and probably will leave it to the next owner if they're bothered.

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

My game was running the VE rom. All sorted now.

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

They call it drop dead foam. Pinbits sold it....it looks like their website is out of commission at the moment. They are just round discs of foam that you can peel one side off and stick in place.
I used a full disc on the top of the scoop plate and another half circle (and then some) in the back of the playfield cutout in that area.
I also remember using one in the lock area, as the ball would hit the popup pin to be locked, but hit the ball guide on the lower side of the back lane and bounce out of the lock area instead up rolling into the VUK. The foam disc fixed that also.[quoted image][quoted image]

It achieves something similar and the balls that bounce are reduced to 5%.

20200624_172216 (resized).jpg20200624_172216 (resized).jpg

20200624_172227 (resized).jpg20200624_172227 (resized).jpg
#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

It achieves something similar and the balls that bounce are reduced to 5%.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is that a blue nub of death stuck in there?

#1790 3 years ago

Got some new armor, put some navy blue foil card stock behind it. I think it looks great, what ya’ll think? Credit my buddy Mike, as I was considering red backer and he talked me out of it.

9A3A682A-44F0-47AB-A8A2-6EE3AC96ACF8 (resized).jpeg9A3A682A-44F0-47AB-A8A2-6EE3AC96ACF8 (resized).jpeg

83EB9858-85E3-4DD3-9817-346E1575CD61 (resized).jpeg83EB9858-85E3-4DD3-9817-346E1575CD61 (resized).jpeg

A125C902-2E66-4AC0-8376-03509DD93BFE (resized).jpegA125C902-2E66-4AC0-8376-03509DD93BFE (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1791 3 years ago

Thank you Mikonos for the Amazing pinball card that you have made for me.
It fits perfectly after I have made a playfield swap on my spiderman
I know I'm a bad photographer but the card is absolutely gorgeous.

IMG_20200715_000953 (resized).jpgIMG_20200715_000953 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1792 3 years ago

Anyone have issues with game settings/scores resetting? Presuming a possible board problem?

#1793 3 years ago

Anyone have issues with game settings/scores resetting? Presuming a possible board problem?

have you changed your battery recently? And check your high score reset setting - defaults to every 2000 games, but that wouldn't affect game settings.

change the battery with the power ON if you want to keep what settings/scores you have left! Be careful not to drop it with the power on, obviously.

#1794 3 years ago

What are people’s opinion of which option is best on a colordmd lcd? Hires/Scan or XL Dots?

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What are people’s opinion of which option is best on a colordmd lcd? Hires/Scan or XL Dots?

HiRes for me:

#1796 3 years ago

Wow your graphics are great! I use Hires and don’t get that effect. What is your contrast and backlight set at?

#1797 3 years ago

Agree, doesn’t look that detailed for me either which is why I asked the question

#1798 3 years ago

Anyone install a cointaker led interactive backbox system for spiderman? Is there any video available on it I can look at?

#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wow your graphics are great! I use Hires and don’t get that effect. What is your contrast and backlight set at?

Also like to know! That looks great.

#1800 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Also like to know! That looks great.

I'll pull the backglass and take a look at the settings when I get a chance but I will tell you they don't look THAT good in real life. I purposely setup my DSLR to under-expose the video in order to more accurately capture the colors and doing so gives a false sense of contrast that the human eye doesn't actually see. If I set it to a normal exposure it completely washed out the colors and made it look a lot worse, than it really is, as I was primarily doing this as a comparison between LED and LCD rather than between LCD modes this was the best compromise at the time.

Edit: The camera was also positioned much lower than most players eyes and with LCD especially that makes a big difference with regards to color and contrast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.