Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 51.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For me there was a HUGE gap between hitting BR regularly and finally getting to Superhero. It took owning it two different times for about 4 years total before I finally did it, and that was just a couple months ago. I've now gotten there two more times since. At first it was usually the spider modes stopping me, so I changed my strategy to basically concentrate solely on starting them, using the multiballs whenever possible to help finish them. I find that for the most part, the villains complete themselves while playing this way (which is a little unfortunate really...). The biggest exception is Venom 3 (and sometimes Goblin 3 with its fast strobing shots). Venom 3 not only requires side ramp hits, but it also keeps the orbit gate open most of the time, so you can't get the nice feed out of the pops like usual (other than a black suit locked ball, which by then is going to require a lot of light lock hits). So it's mostly orbit-ramp combos or nothing when in single ball play. I find the best way to fight that is if you can get into a multiball, just keep hitting upper flipper shots and letting the balls drain then relaunch as long as the ball save holds out. In my three times there, I have yet to finish SH, but it's a cool mode. No idea how many shots it takes, but it seems like a million.
Have you gotten Combo Multiball yet? That's a lesser known mode that would be a good new goal for you if it's getting stale. 50 combos and it will start. Not an easy task. I've done it twice (oddly once on each machine I have owned).
I've toyed with the idea of letting mine go after finally hitting SH a couple times. I'm not a huge fan of the ruleset...I find it solid but nothing super exciting. I do not love hitting a bunch of shots to start modes, or how the villains for the most part finish themselves. I also do not love BR...not sure why. I can rarely pull off more than a couple jackpots and just do not find it as satisfying as most mini-wizard modes. But that said, I LOVE how the game shoots, and the rules do compliment the playfield well. Plus the theme, art, and A/V assets (in both forms) are fantastic, making it a total package game for me. I can play it many other places in my league and local circle, but I just do not think I would want to have it missing from my collection again. It's still one of my top games, after all these years and seeing everything it has to offer.

Have you completed Superhero or just started it ? It is very difficult to finish. I have got to Superhero a few times but only ever completed it once.

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Have you completed Superhero or just started it ? It is very difficult to finish. I have got to Superhero a few times but only ever completed it once.

I have not finished it. I think I was close once...I got to the "bash Sandman a billion times" stage, but not sure how far I had to go. Very long mode...felt like I was playing SH for at least 10 minutes that time. I love the game, but there definitely some wood chopping needed to get far.

#1603 4 years ago

Hey, can someone explain the use/scoring of the side web targets and the lit behind the flipper shot?

Is the behind the flipper shot an add a ball or revive a multi ball? How is the behind the flipper light qualified etc..?

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey, can someone explain the use/scoring of the side web targets and the lit behind the flipper shot?
Is the behind the flipper shot an add a ball or revive a multi ball? How is the behind the flipper light qualified etc..?

I've had my game for 10+ years and I still don't understand what they (or the spider sense lane) do.

#1605 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Just trying to understand my new Spider-Man 2007, code 1.4 I guess just need an update!! One question, I just saw a video when music and lights synchronized all together, its that attract mode or is the vault model.

End of this video

Gustavo

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Check out the rules here... http://tiltforums.com/t/spider-man-rulesheet-wip/5622

Specifically, the spidey sense lane is qualified by hitting the standup targets. Then, the award is dependent upon what is running at the time. More details at the above link.

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,
Just trying to understand my new Spider-Man 2007, code 1.4 I guess just need an update!! One question, I just saw a video when music and lights synchronized all together, its that attract mode or is the vault model.
End of this video
Gustavo

At 1.37? Yes that’s the game over music & display.

Update your code! You’re missing a great party.

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Spiderman with alternative ending

I did an alternative ending

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,
End of this video
Gustavo

That's an Orignal sm. The theme plays after a game ends. After match sequence.

#1610 4 years ago

Thanks guys, will update the code.

Gustavo

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Check out the rules here... http://tiltforums.com/t/spider-man-rulesheet-wip/5622
Specifically, the spidey sense lane is qualified by hitting the standup targets. Then, the award is dependent upon what is running at the time. More details at the above link.

Still a bit vague. Was it lit during the multiball? Before the multiball? What was running before the mutiball? Was anything running before it? Were the targets complete before but not during the multiball?

If the red Spider Sense insert is lit during a multiball and you hit it...it should be an add a ball in my opinion. I never count on it to do anything as I have been disappointed too many times by it not being the add a ball during multiball....and it's not like I can hit it on purpose anyway. Of course...Spidey was made in a time before add a ball was the norm for so many multiballs.

I had asked many people about how it worked and their understanding was about how it is described...it does some stuff. It does different stuff at different times. Enjoy your "whatever prize" for a ball randomly going in there when it was lit. I never felt enough curiosity to pull the glass and look into it, but now I'm wonder..... like when they say it has to be completed during multiball to be an add a ball.....do they mean the target bank has to be FINISHED OFF during that multiball or ALL 3 DIFFERENT TARGETS NEED TO BE HIT DURING the multiball? If all 3 need to be hit during...what if 1 is lit when the mb starts...do you need to finish those last 2 off AND THEN complete it again to get the add a ball?

The whole "The awards are added in order from the earliest-started-mode to the latest." is what confuses me the most. So what if I start Sandman, then GG and then start start Doc Ock MB. Do I really have to complete that 3 bank 3 times to qualify the add a ball?!? I think it being a generic "mystery award" when completed would have been better. With the award being sensitive (get it...Spider sense) to what is running at the time. That is pretty much how the X-Men mystery award at the scoop is. If it's during a timed mode it is usually extra time, if it is during a multi-ball it is add a ball. If you haven't started the multiball and are not in a timed mode it may count as a locked ball. I can see the disadvantage Spider-man has in this aspect is the ball is not held there so it would be hard to let the player know what they got. Kinda like the shield awards on Iron Man....no time to look up at the screen, but at least I think it always tells you what you were awarded.

All and all...not a big deal, but the Spider Sense lane has always been the part of the game I understand the least. The game is not perfect (snoozefest attract light show....sadly the boot rom has a better attract mode than the game itself does, poor instant info...how many black suit balls do I have locked and a confusing Spider Sense lane), but it's more than perfect enough for me and I don't see myself ever getting rid of it.

#1612 4 years ago

We need a code update Lyman!

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

We need a code update Lyman!

I know he was still putting them out fairly regularly when I got my game in 2009 (2 years after the game was released). The last update (I'm not sure when it snuck out) was long after everyone through it was finished. The weird thing about the last update was it had no read me file and the only thing that folks noticed as being different was the web animations when the ball is in the pop bumpers. That animation only being in the newest code revision makes for an easy tell if a game is on the newest code or not.

I was actually expecting / hoping the better instant info would be added at one point, but I gave up on that long ago. To be honest, I find the lack of a "number of balls locked" indicator to be a design oversight as much as a software oversight. 2 indicator lights somewhere, is what the game should have had to show how many black suit balls you have locked.

Not so fun fact: Spider-Man is no longer listed on Stern's website and therefore they do not have a link to download the code for it. The vault edition is there, but as we know, the code for it is not compatible with the original Spider-Man. So as far as I can see, this is the only Stern game that they do not have the code (or manual) posted for.

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I know he was still putting them out fairly regularly when I got my game in 2009 (2 years after the game was released). The last update (I'm not sure when it snuck out) was long after everyone through it was finished. The weird thing about the last update was it had no read me file and the only thing that folks noticed as being different was the web animations when the ball is in the pop bumpers. That animation only being in the newest code revision makes for an easy tell if a game is on the newest code or not.
I was actually expecting / hoping the better instant info would be added at one point, but I gave up on that long ago. To be honest, I find the lack of a "number of balls locked" indicator to be a design oversight as much as a software oversight. 2 indicator lights somewhere, is what the game should have had to show how many black suit balls you have locked.
Not so fun fact: Spider-Man is no longer listed on Stern's website and therefore they do not have a link to download the code for it. The vault edition is there, but as we know, the code for it is not compatible with the original Spider-Man. So as far as I can see, this is the only Stern game that they do not have the code (or manual) posted for.

I believe this is the SM code on their site.

https://uc7dd4d23b82d710be4a9363909b.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/get/AyFLlI1CafSZQrDRZRkiZIyvbJbIZdpWnjdE1QSfVq_jR3izjKLKe3uEw3ybwFn7gobGCIqqcKnxWVwpKyX1Ky-budu7lnsUeCoyF7HxnrVILA/file?dl=1#

#1615 4 years ago

OOoooooooo a direct link to the download. Sneaky!

I have the latest code...I just think it's strange and a shame that Spider-Man is the only Stern game to not be listed or have it's manual or code linked to on their site. It's like they said...."Get out of here old Spider-Man....we only want the new vault edition Spider-Man around here!".

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

OOoooooooo a direct link to the download. Sneaky!
I have the latest code...I just think it's strange and a shame that Spider-Man is the only Stern game to not be listed or have it's manual or code linked to on their site. It's like they said...."Get out of here old Spider-Man....we only want the new vault edition Spider-Man around here!".

It is the link from Stern’s site for support :
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#1617 4 years ago

Well guys, my SP it’s been updated, just downloaded the code from Stern website. This is another game!! Just waiting flipper, etc parts

Just love this machine, I will install leds but just in GI area, I really like the original bulb color temperature.

Gustavo
03DB6E1B-5A4A-4946-92FE-484EE2338E82 (resized).jpeg03DB6E1B-5A4A-4946-92FE-484EE2338E82 (resized).jpeg77A4860B-813E-46B0-B23C-491C82E89B6B (resized).jpeg77A4860B-813E-46B0-B23C-491C82E89B6B (resized).jpeg99913A85-A6FF-46BA-B768-6E0341A718CD (resized).jpeg99913A85-A6FF-46BA-B768-6E0341A718CD (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#1618 4 years ago

Does anyone know if any screws are missing in this hole? does anyone else have it?

20200217_195957 (resized).jpg20200217_195957 (resized).jpg20200308_212526 (resized).jpg20200308_212526 (resized).jpg
#1619 4 years ago

I recently disassembled the ramps to put on the playfield guard. and noticed that since the disassembly, the entire area of ​​the ramp moves a lot when the octopus closure throws the ball upwards. all the right ramp moves and was previously fixed. I think it is because remove this screw that was fixed and I had no movement. Any solution? Has anyone else happened after reassembling this ramp?

20200308_213105 (resized).jpg20200308_213105 (resized).jpg
#1621 4 years ago

Looks like you broke the weld.

#1622 4 years ago

But it has no welding. It has 4 screws

#1623 4 years ago
20200310_194608 (resized).jpg20200310_194608 (resized).jpg
#1624 4 years ago

Hate to be obvious but make sure all screws are seated and tighten down all the way. They are very small and a pita.

#1625 4 years ago

hahahahah....
ok ok thanks

#1626 4 years ago

Made some coin door decals for my machine. Have some spare ones. $10 including postage. Let me know if you want one.

IMG_20200304_164904_805 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_164904_805 (resized).jpgIMG_20200311_094549 (resized).jpgIMG_20200311_094549 (resized).jpgIMG_20200311_094613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200311_094613 (resized).jpg
#1627 4 years ago

Just joined the club! Loving my new 2007 Spidey! My first Ritchie pin. Wow, could this be the perfect game??? So fast, smart and fun!

EAE0B302-0322-4DBC-826C-30DFD3624234 (resized).jpegEAE0B302-0322-4DBC-826C-30DFD3624234 (resized).jpeg
#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

Just joined the club! Loving my new 2007 Spidey! My first Ritchie pin. Wow, could this be the perfect game??? So fast, smart and fun![quoted image]

It’s a pleasure to play and OSM is a heck of a value. Lyman F’in Sheats and Ritchie!

Congrats!

#1629 4 years ago

Just joined the club! Loving my new 2007 Spidey! My first Ritchie pin. Wow, could this be the perfect game??? So fast, smart and fun![quoted image]

I just passed my one year anniversary and I’m playing it as much as ever. It’s pretty damn close to perfect. Enjoy.

#1630 4 years ago

Looking for some insight on the software versions for this machine. I currently have version 2.6 installed and I noticed that many are using 2.61. What are the differences between these two versions and is it worth going to 2.61 from 2.6?

#1631 4 years ago

Found the answer in a past forum:

"As far as I have heard...the only noted change is the DMD has some spider web animations on there when the ball is hitting the pop bumpers. That wasn't on any versions before 2.61. "

#1632 4 years ago

Noob question. Game I purchased has LEDs but no OCD board. I may eventually put in the Board, but any suggestions how best to light the game without OCD? Would you just limit LEDs to the GI? I know some of the inserts use a fading effect that doesn’t work without OCD board, so I was just thinking about putting incandescents in hose and leaving the others as is. Thoughts? Or if there’s already a good thread I can seek that out. Thanks guys!

#1633 4 years ago

Oh, and also thought people might be interested to see this. My buddy who traded the game with me says game was originally owned by someone who was a quadriplegic and they had this mod installed. Allows both flippers to be activated by one button. Pretty cool. Seems like it could eventually be a nice Project Pinball pin.

34955694-5552-47F1-ACD6-1894A4525886 (resized).jpeg34955694-5552-47F1-ACD6-1894A4525886 (resized).jpeg61333A2C-945E-4D35-83A9-144697882889 (resized).jpeg61333A2C-945E-4D35-83A9-144697882889 (resized).jpeg
#1634 4 years ago

Oh, and also thought people might be interested to see this. My buddy who traded the game with me says game was originally owned by someone who was a quadriplegic and they had this mod installed. Allows both flippers to be activated by one button. Pretty cool. Seems like it could eventually be a nice Project Pinball pin.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's cool.
There's a whole thread with several great systems for people with one hand/arm issues.

#1635 4 years ago

Noob question. Game I purchased has LEDs but no OCD board. I may eventually put in the Board, but any suggestions how best to light the game without OCD? Would you just limit LEDs to the GI? I know some of the inserts use a fading effect that doesn’t work without OCD board, so I was just thinking about putting incandescents in hose and leaving the others as is. Thoughts? Or if there’s already a good thread I can seek that out. Thanks guys!

If you don't want to do a full conversion back to incandescent just change the the villian inserts as those are really the only ones that use dimming in a meaningful way. Having those turn on and off more slowly than all the others may bug you during attract mode though.

Edit: The clear arrow inserts should all be changed too, don't know how I forgot that!!

#1636 4 years ago

I have non ghosting LED’s in my inserts and I personally like the effects caused by dimming. It makes the inserts look weird which tells me right away that that particular shot is lit for a multiplier or that villain is not completed. It’s hard to tell by incandescent dimming so I personally like it.

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If you don't want to do a full conversion back to incandescent just change the the villian inserts as those are really the only ones that use dimming in a meaningful way. Having those turn on and off more slowly than all the others may bug you during attract mode though.
Edit: The clear arrow inserts should all be changed too, don't know how I forgot that!!

bobukcat
Thanks! Why the arrow inserts in particular? Also, I read somewhere that the there is some dimming feature on the Villian spots? Is that correct? Thanks!

#1638 4 years ago

Read my post above. When you complete the white spider arrows you not only qualify to start a mode but you also light the shots for a multiplier. What ever shot you hit changes the dimming in that arrow so you know it’s multiplied. Also when you complete a mode you light the shots for a multiplier again.

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Read my post above. When you complete the white spider arrows you not only qualify to start a mode but you also light the shots for a multiplier. What ever shot you hit changes the dimming in that arrow so you know it’s multiplied. Also when you complete a mode you light the shots for a multiplier again.

Got it! Thanks guys!

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have non ghosting LED’s in my inserts and I personally like the effects caused by dimming. It makes the inserts look weird which tells me right away that that particular shot is lit for a multiplier or that villain is not completed. It’s hard to tell by incandescent dimming so I personally like it.

And I’ll try both out and see what works for me. I’m sill learning the game so this is all great info! Thanks again!

#1641 4 years ago

Well, I put incandescents in the villain inserts and they are barely visible, especially Venom. I think I’d rather just not have the dimming effect.

#1642 4 years ago

Can someone explain to me all the points multiplier options ....? thanks

#1643 4 years ago

Well, I put incandescents in the villain inserts and they are barely visible, especially Venom. I think I’d rather just not have the dimming effect.

Each villain already has a separate insert light showing how many of their modes you have beat. Worrying about a nearly indistinguishable difference in those lights is absurd in my opinion. Even with the incandescent lights in the villain inserts....who can look at the Green Goblin light and know if you have beat only 1 or all 3 modes? Why not just look at the mode lights instead of guessing?

As for the white arrow multipliers....they disappear after each ball, so I can't imagine forgetting what multiplayer I have on any given shot. I've never had more than 2 going at any given time (a 2x and a 3x) so maybe me being a poor player and not cutting through 2 or 3 white arrow modes in one ball makes keeping track easier for me. In any case....it's much easier to forget how many black suit multiball balls you have locked from ball to ball than keeping track of 2x and 3x multiplier shots during the same ball. Also, if I do have a 2x and a 3x lit....you can actually see they are lit differently, even with LED bulbs (the ones i have in my game anyway).

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

As I just described.... it sounds like I have the same type of LED bulbs that you have described. I bought them many years ago from Germany.... NoFlix from Pinball Center. I don't usually pay much attention to the villain inserts, but I know on the white arrow inserts you can see the difference between the 2x and 3x multiplied shots by the way the bulbs light up differently.

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Can someone explain to me all the points multiplier options ....? thanks

When you complete all the white arrows the arrows will start flashing. The next shot that you make the white arrow insert will light (at half brightness). That shot is now worth x2 for the rest of the ball.
If you complete all the shots on one of the modes (for example all the switch hits to finish Bonesaw) the white arrow shots will flash again. The next white arrow shot you make will then light that arrow (full brightness). That shot is now worth x3 for the remainder of the ball.
The three best ones to shoot for are right ramp (for Battle Royale) the spinner and the Doc Ock shot.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Cuando complete todas las flechas blancas, las flechas comenzarán a parpadear. La próxima toma que realice la inserción de la flecha blanca se iluminará (a medio brillo). Ese tiro ahora vale x2 para el resto de la pelota.
Si completa todos los disparos en uno de los modos (por ejemplo, todos los golpes de interruptor para terminar Bonesaw), los disparos de flecha blanca volverán a parpadear. La siguiente flecha blanca que hagas luego encenderá esa flecha (brillo total). Ese tiro ahora vale x3 para el resto de la pelota.
Los tres mejores para disparar son la rampa derecha (para Battle Royale), la ruleta y el tiro Doc Ock.

thanks !!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#1647 4 years ago

Couple of questions regarding the Sandman scoop, first have you ever got stuck with 3 balls in the scoop? was not completely stuck but took a while to kick out, is that normal?

Second, I was playing when Sandman was ready to be completed, the ball got into the scoop from the top and that completed Sandman, is that correct?

#1648 4 years ago

I was playing a game today and first ball was totally bad, only 400K points, I almost restarted the game but decided to forge ahead and ended up with my 4th highest score, got to Battle Royal and 155M points!!

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Un par de preguntas con respecto a la primicia Sandman, primero, ¿alguna vez te has atascado con 3 bolas en la primicia? no estaba completamente atascado pero tardó un tiempo en expulsarlo, ¿es eso normal?
En segundo lugar, estaba jugando cuando Sandman estaba listo para ser completado, la pelota entró en la pala desde la parte superior y eso completó a Sandman, ¿es correcto?

yes and yes

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Couple of questions regarding the Sandman scoop, first have you ever got stuck with 3 balls in the scoop? was not completely stuck but took a while to kick out, is that normal?
Second, I was playing when Sandman was ready to be completed, the ball got into the scoop from the top and that completed Sandman, is that correct?

I don't know if I have ever snuck a Sandman "knock out blow" shot in from the top. As for multiple balls getting clogged up in Sandman....yeah...I usually enjoy that a bit too much. I like to yell obscenities at it like "choke on that b1sh!" or "spit em' out M.F.er!". I find it adds to my enjoyment of the situation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/33?hl=haggy38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.