Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 43 votes
    22%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 102 votes
    53%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 49 votes
    25%

(Multiple choice - 194 votes by 179 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 453 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1223 (resized).JPG
181CCED3-6809-44DC-9050-3C5320D1B770 (resized).jpeg
FFD65C1E-CE6A-4445-A212-C477137D33E4 (resized).jpeg
94663D12-D7D2-42AA-BCD6-AE6161BF0910 (resized).jpeg
DD5870DD-C69D-4D2E-8736-37B99BA8772F.jpeg
55834FD4-08C4-4876-803C-8DDC7E63A2F2.jpeg
F214972B-092A-41F9-BF13-D1D23A85ADC3 (resized).jpeg
IMG20200113223007 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
FCC377D5-192A-41C7-9960-5F8147642B43 (resized).jpeg
FB981843-62FE-45F1-ACB3-CA462DDDF486 (resized).jpeg
C2EB7A83-0AC2-449A-B444-532330BCAE11 (resized).jpeg
395C672F-4383-4871-9BB6-15805F3A6A7D (resized).jpeg
3610E232-D9BB-40D4-9260-C6CCBD1AF747 (resized).jpeg
5843881D-2E63-4E84-AC0A-1F9425AB9F69 (resized).jpeg
EE68C4CE-36CA-4FAE-AC5B-B5D9E64E9B6E (resized).jpeg

There are 1616 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 33.
#1601 3 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For me there was a HUGE gap between hitting BR regularly and finally getting to Superhero. It took owning it two different times for about 4 years total before I finally did it, and that was just a couple months ago. I've now gotten there two more times since. At first it was usually the spider modes stopping me, so I changed my strategy to basically concentrate solely on starting them, using the multiballs whenever possible to help finish them. I find that for the most part, the villains complete themselves while playing this way (which is a little unfortunate really...). The biggest exception is Venom 3 (and sometimes Goblin 3 with its fast strobing shots). Venom 3 not only requires side ramp hits, but it also keeps the orbit gate open most of the time, so you can't get the nice feed out of the pops like usual (other than a black suit locked ball, which by then is going to require a lot of light lock hits). So it's mostly orbit-ramp combos or nothing when in single ball play. I find the best way to fight that is if you can get into a multiball, just keep hitting upper flipper shots and letting the balls drain then relaunch as long as the ball save holds out. In my three times there, I have yet to finish SH, but it's a cool mode. No idea how many shots it takes, but it seems like a million.
Have you gotten Combo Multiball yet? That's a lesser known mode that would be a good new goal for you if it's getting stale. 50 combos and it will start. Not an easy task. I've done it twice (oddly once on each machine I have owned).
I've toyed with the idea of letting mine go after finally hitting SH a couple times. I'm not a huge fan of the ruleset...I find it solid but nothing super exciting. I do not love hitting a bunch of shots to start modes, or how the villains for the most part finish themselves. I also do not love BR...not sure why. I can rarely pull off more than a couple jackpots and just do not find it as satisfying as most mini-wizard modes. But that said, I LOVE how the game shoots, and the rules do compliment the playfield well. Plus the theme, art, and A/V assets (in both forms) are fantastic, making it a total package game for me. I can play it many other places in my league and local circle, but I just do not think I would want to have it missing from my collection again. It's still one of my top games, after all these years and seeing everything it has to offer.

Have you completed Superhero or just started it ? It is very difficult to finish. I have got to Superhero a few times but only ever completed it once.

#1602 2 days ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Have you completed Superhero or just started it ? It is very difficult to finish. I have got to Superhero a few times but only ever completed it once.

I have not finished it. I think I was close once...I got to the "bash Sandman a billion times" stage, but not sure how far I had to go. Very long mode...felt like I was playing SH for at least 10 minutes that time. I love the game, but there definitely some wood chopping needed to get far.

#1603 2 days ago

Hey, can someone explain the use/scoring of the side web targets and the lit behind the flipper shot?

Is the behind the flipper shot an add a ball or revive a multi ball? How is the behind the flipper light qualified etc..?

#1604 2 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey, can someone explain the use/scoring of the side web targets and the lit behind the flipper shot?
Is the behind the flipper shot an add a ball or revive a multi ball? How is the behind the flipper light qualified etc..?

I've had my game for 10+ years and I still don't understand what they (or the spider sense lane) do.

#1605 2 days ago

Hi guys,

Just trying to understand my new Spider-Man 2007, code 1.4 I guess just need an update!! One question, I just saw a video when music and lights synchronized all together, its that attract mode or is the vault model.

End of this video

Gustavo

#1606 2 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Check out the rules here... http://tiltforums.com/t/spider-man-rulesheet-wip/5622

Specifically, the spidey sense lane is qualified by hitting the standup targets. Then, the award is dependent upon what is running at the time. More details at the above link.

#1607 2 days ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,
Just trying to understand my new Spider-Man 2007, code 1.4 I guess just need an update!! One question, I just saw a video when music and lights synchronized all together, its that attract mode or is the vault model.
End of this video
Gustavo

At 1.37? Yes that’s the game over music & display.

Update your code! You’re missing a great party.

#1608 2 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Spiderman with alternative ending

I did an alternative ending

#1609 2 days ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,
End of this video
Gustavo

That's an Orignal sm. The theme plays after a game ends. After match sequence.

#1610 2 days ago

Thanks guys, will update the code.

Gustavo

#1611 2 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Check out the rules here... http://tiltforums.com/t/spider-man-rulesheet-wip/5622
Specifically, the spidey sense lane is qualified by hitting the standup targets. Then, the award is dependent upon what is running at the time. More details at the above link.

Still a bit vague. Was it lit during the multiball? Before the multiball? What was running before the mutiball? Was anything running before it? Were the targets complete before but not during the multiball?

If the red Spider Sense insert is lit during a multiball and you hit it...it should be an add a ball in my opinion. I never count on it to do anything as I have been disappointed too many times by it not being the add a ball during multiball....and it's not like I can hit it on purpose anyway. Of course...Spidey was made in a time before add a ball was the norm for so many multiballs.

I had asked many people about how it worked and their understanding was about how it is described...it does some stuff. It does different stuff at different times. Enjoy your "whatever prize" for a ball randomly going in there when it was lit. I never felt enough curiosity to pull the glass and look into it, but now I'm wonder..... like when they say it has to be completed during multiball to be an add a ball.....do they mean the target bank has to be FINISHED OFF during that multiball or ALL 3 DIFFERENT TARGETS NEED TO BE HIT DURING the multiball? If all 3 need to be hit during...what if 1 is lit when the mb starts...do you need to finish those last 2 off AND THEN complete it again to get the add a ball?

The whole "The awards are added in order from the earliest-started-mode to the latest." is what confuses me the most. So what if I start Sandman, then GG and then start start Doc Ock MB. Do I really have to complete that 3 bank 3 times to qualify the add a ball?!? I think it being a generic "mystery award" when completed would have been better. With the award being sensitive (get it...Spider sense) to what is running at the time. That is pretty much how the X-Men mystery award at the scoop is. If it's during a timed mode it is usually extra time, if it is during a multi-ball it is add a ball. If you haven't started the multiball and are not in a timed mode it may count as a locked ball. I can see the disadvantage Spider-man has in this aspect is the ball is not held there so it would be hard to let the player know what they got. Kinda like the shield awards on Iron Man....no time to look up at the screen, but at least I think it always tells you what you were awarded.

All and all...not a big deal, but the Spider Sense lane has always been the part of the game I understand the least. The game is not perfect (snoozefest attract light show....sadly the boot rom has a better attract mode than the game itself does, poor instant info...how many black suit balls do I have locked and a confusing Spider Sense lane), but it's more than perfect enough for me and I don't see myself ever getting rid of it.

#1612 1 day ago

We need a code update Lyman!

#1613 1 day ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

We need a code update Lyman!

I know he was still putting them out fairly regularly when I got my game in 2009 (2 years after the game was released). The last update (I'm not sure when it snuck out) was long after everyone through it was finished. The weird thing about the last update was it had no read me file and the only thing that folks noticed as being different was the web animations when the ball is in the pop bumpers. That animation only being in the newest code revision makes for an easy tell if a game is on the newest code or not.

I was actually expecting / hoping the better instant info would be added at one point, but I gave up on that long ago. To be honest, I find the lack of a "number of balls locked" indicator to be a design oversight as much as a software oversight. 2 indicator lights somewhere, is what the game should have had to show how many black suit balls you have locked.

Not so fun fact: Spider-Man is no longer listed on Stern's website and therefore they do not have a link to download the code for it. The vault edition is there, but as we know, the code for it is not compatible with the original Spider-Man. So as far as I can see, this is the only Stern game that they do not have the code (or manual) posted for.

#1614 1 day ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I know he was still putting them out fairly regularly when I got my game in 2009 (2 years after the game was released). The last update (I'm not sure when it snuck out) was long after everyone through it was finished. The weird thing about the last update was it had no read me file and the only thing that folks noticed as being different was the web animations when the ball is in the pop bumpers. That animation only being in the newest code revision makes for an easy tell if a game is on the newest code or not.
I was actually expecting / hoping the better instant info would be added at one point, but I gave up on that long ago. To be honest, I find the lack of a "number of balls locked" indicator to be a design oversight as much as a software oversight. 2 indicator lights somewhere, is what the game should have had to show how many black suit balls you have locked.
Not so fun fact: Spider-Man is no longer listed on Stern's website and therefore they do not have a link to download the code for it. The vault edition is there, but as we know, the code for it is not compatible with the original Spider-Man. So as far as I can see, this is the only Stern game that they do not have the code (or manual) posted for.

I believe this is the SM code on their site.

https://uc7dd4d23b82d710be4a9363909b.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/get/AyFLlI1CafSZQrDRZRkiZIyvbJbIZdpWnjdE1QSfVq_jR3izjKLKe3uEw3ybwFn7gobGCIqqcKnxWVwpKyX1Ky-budu7lnsUeCoyF7HxnrVILA/file?dl=1#

#1615 1 day ago

OOoooooooo a direct link to the download. Sneaky!

I have the latest code...I just think it's strange and a shame that Spider-Man is the only Stern game to not be listed or have it's manual or code linked to on their site. It's like they said...."Get out of here old Spider-Man....we only want the new vault edition Spider-Man around here!".

#1616 1 day ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

OOoooooooo a direct link to the download. Sneaky!
I have the latest code...I just think it's strange and a shame that Spider-Man is the only Stern game to not be listed or have it's manual or code linked to on their site. It's like they said...."Get out of here old Spider-Man....we only want the new vault edition Spider-Man around here!".

It is the link from Stern’s site for support :
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, WI
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
There are 1616 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 33.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside