Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 51.
#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Contact pinballdecals and find out if they have it in stock. It is on their website:
https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Spiderman_Page.html#

Thanks! I’m not sure how I missed that!

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Contact pinballdecals and find out if they have it in stock. It is on their website:
https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Spiderman_Page.html#

These are the best quality also and line up perfect. The others guys........... well so so.

#1503 4 years ago

Finally i join the club. But I need your help. At my Spiderman there are 3 buttons inside the coin door. But it should probably be 4 buttons there. The black can push out credit, the green one in the middle gives slam tilt and the red gives no result at all. Cant go in to the menu itself. Is there anyone who can take a picture of how they are linked together. I have ordered a new 4 button switch.
Thanks.

IMG_20191108_133347 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_133347 (resized).jpg
#1504 4 years ago

Here are some pictures

20191108_055253.jpg20191108_055253.jpg20191108_055325.jpg20191108_055325.jpg20191108_060409.jpg20191108_060409.jpg20191108_060210.jpg20191108_060210.jpg
#1505 4 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. My cables look like this.
What is the next step for me? Can I buy the cables I need somewhere? Or can I do something else.

IMG_20191108_171913 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_171913 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_172107 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_172107 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_174232 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_174232 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_172215 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_172215 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_174353 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_174353 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_172229 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_172229 (resized).jpg
#1506 4 years ago

Does someone haves a high quality scan from the playfield, ball drop zone around the lock and Spidey inserts?

Or a overlay sticker for this area?

My Spidey is beaten, and definitely deserves the TLC for repairing!

spidey (resized).JPGspidey (resized).JPG
#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from Fred70:

Thanks for the pictures. My cables look like this.
What is the next step for me? Can I buy the cables I need somewhere? Or can I do something else.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't really see much detail in those pictures but all I can say is someone must have put some kind of weird hack in there or is it possible that non-US games had a different setup? Do your coin slot switches with correctly?

#1508 4 years ago

No they do not work. Do not enter the menu. have seen that I can buy a brand new coin door with all the wiring that I am missing, but it is very expensive. Maybe it's time to learn how to make my own molex connections.

#1509 4 years ago

I finally finished installing all the addressable LEDs and the programming for the pinduino to create and amazing interactive light show for Spiderman! This is one of the best setups I've done. All of the GI was replaced with addressable LEDs, and LEDs were added to the ramps, Doc Ock web slinger, and I made light rails with them.

Code (open source, as always):

GI and light rails: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Spider_Man_Pinduino_GI

Ramps and web slinger: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Spider_Man_Pinduino_Ramps-WebSlinger

1 week later
#1510 4 years ago

Set of Spiderman plastics and decals.

Will ship anywhere in Canada or USA.

$40.

PM if interested.

spidey (resized).jpgspidey (resized).jpg
#1511 4 years ago

Spiderman with alternative ending

#1512 4 years ago

F-ing awesome ^^^^^^ how did you achieve that!

#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Spiderman with alternative ending

Isn’t the Vault Edition like that?

#1514 4 years ago

Nice! Would you mind sharing that game code? What else did you change?

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Nice! Would you mind sharing that game code? What else did you change?

Here too.... very nice work.

#1516 4 years ago

Only changed the end tune. The rest is pretty good as is. I will share it for private use.

#1517 4 years ago

Nice work.
I wonder how it would be if the Ramones' Spider-man song was used for the ending.

#1518 4 years ago

Links below.

65 - ending with spiderman 60's tv show
66 - ending with the Ramones version

#1520 4 years ago

this is the one with the ramones end. I had to speed it up a bit to make it fit. I did not install it so do not know about the volume level.

SPD26166

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5Du9eC9iF3FBBbqY0opWCvPFElBUO31/view?usp=sharing

#1521 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks for sharing!!!

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

this is the one with the ramones end. I had to speed it up a bit to make it fit. I did not install it so do not know about the volume level.
SPD26166
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5Du9eC9iF3FBBbqY0opWCvPFElBUO31/view?usp=sharing

If anyone upload this version, please share a video, I woul dlike to see that one. I can upload it myself but was a bit tired of each time goign through the menu all setting and reset of scores.

#1523 4 years ago

That ending is super cool, how do you add it? Is it a full new game code in the link and I just put it in a flash drive and go?

#1524 4 years ago

Pinball browser was used. Needed to donate $20 because the song was too long for the free version. You can open gamecode and alter all kinds of things. You search the music you want to change. After that you search music you want to use (mp3). The alter it ro the exact lenght. I use audicity for that. Cod eof the end tune is #57 and it is 27.765 long. Cut and paste the song you want. Import. Then save the code. Just update via usb on the board and set dip switch 8 on. Rest just follow the instructions.

#1525 4 years ago

I have a NOS Spiderman Playfield for sale

Spiderman Playfield - for sale | Pinside Market
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79393

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Isn’t the Vault Edition like that?

My mashup version from 3 years ago. Starts with in-game theme, fades to '60s show theme & fades back out to game theme.

Sorry, Vimeo doesn't seem to want to embed.

https://vimeo.com/165963527

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/165963527" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p>
SMVE Closing Theme Mashupfrom
Wander Wheelson
Vimeo.</p>

#1527 4 years ago

Just did powder .... it’s insane. Blue is tough but IMO I nailed it

3610E232-D9BB-40D4-9260-C6CCBD1AF747 (resized).jpeg3610E232-D9BB-40D4-9260-C6CCBD1AF747 (resized).jpeg5843881D-2E63-4E84-AC0A-1F9425AB9F69 (resized).jpeg5843881D-2E63-4E84-AC0A-1F9425AB9F69 (resized).jpeg756BD87B-CE85-4ABB-A41A-A6E87347FB79 (resized).jpeg756BD87B-CE85-4ABB-A41A-A6E87347FB79 (resized).jpegEE68C4CE-36CA-4FAE-AC5B-B5D9E64E9B6E (resized).jpegEE68C4CE-36CA-4FAE-AC5B-B5D9E64E9B6E (resized).jpeg
#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just did powder .... it’s insane. Blue is tough but IMO I nailed it[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome.

What exact colour did you end up on?

#1529 4 years ago

Are you going to change the t molding to blue as well?

#1530 4 years ago

Prismatic illusion blue berg

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Are you going to change the t molding to blue as well?

I most likely will on all the earlier games. Not sure if I wanna do the sides and horizontals or just the verticals in color and horizontals in black

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just did powder .... it’s insane. Blue is tough but IMO I nailed it[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, very nice! Who did the powder coating?

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Wow, very nice! Who did the powder coating?

ADC Powdercoating in Allentown Pa

#1534 4 years ago

Just put this on, sounds great thanks for doing it. it had been so long since a code update and this is my only machine, so I completely forgot all the scores get reset! Kind of gave me motivation to play more and get some good ones again.

#1535 4 years ago

Changed over the blinding unfrosted factory LEDs to Comet 2SMD frosted. Most inserts color matched (still have green inserts to due). GI is 2SMD natural white except the lanes leading into the pops that I put Warm White under the red plastics.C2EB7A83-0AC2-449A-B444-532330BCAE11 (resized).jpegC2EB7A83-0AC2-449A-B444-532330BCAE11 (resized).jpeg395C672F-4383-4871-9BB6-15805F3A6A7D (resized).jpeg395C672F-4383-4871-9BB6-15805F3A6A7D (resized).jpeg

#1536 4 years ago

Looks fantastic, great job!

#1537 4 years ago

Looks great! I did my GI in sunlight 2SMD and it came out great too. Great game shout out!

#1538 4 years ago

Does anyone have a spare Sandman plastic? It’s the one just to the left of the pops. Thanks!

FB981843-62FE-45F1-ACB3-CA462DDDF486 (resized).jpegFB981843-62FE-45F1-ACB3-CA462DDDF486 (resized).jpeg
#1539 4 years ago
1 week later
#1540 4 years ago

Got my first problem with spiderman red. It seems to intermittently think I've lost the ball. If it's happens during the ball save time I'll end up with two balls in play otherwise during play my flippers will die, and the bonus count will happen. I had this issue occur 2-3 times in a game.

Do you think it's a trough issue or maybe an outlane switch being activated? Any ideas welcome

#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Got my first problem with spiderman red. It seems to intermittently think I've lost the ball. If it's happens during the ball save time I'll end up with two balls in play otherwise during play my flippers will die, and the bonus count will happen. I had this issue occur 2-3 times in a game.
Do you think it's a trough issue or maybe an outlane switch being activated? Any ideas welcome

It could be that one of the outlane switches is set too sensitive. In SM during a ball save period as soon as an outlane switch is triggered another ball is put into play via the shooter lane.

If it is happening when no ball save is active then I would guess it is the trough opto boards needing to be resoldered or replaced. (A common problem)

#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It could be that one of the outlane switches is set too sensitive. In SM during a ball save period as soon as an outlane switch is triggered another ball is put into play via the shooter lane.
If it is happening when no ball save is active then I would guess it is the trough opto boards needing to be resoldered or replaced. (A common problem)

It has occurred more times outside of ball save time, and my flippers stop like during end of ball and my bonus count starts even while the active ball is still rolling down towards the drains. So in effect my ball ends before it drains and has happened when in the pops area etc. The next ball ejects as per a new ball. So to try and put it clearer, I'm playing and mid way through playing, the flippers stop and bonus counts like I've lost the ball eventhough it's still in play. Then it goes to ball 2 if the problem occurred during ball 1 and so on. It's never happened on my last ball but would suspect it would go to end of game

So you suspect trough more so? Would optos do this or could the last micro switch be closing for some reason? Also would cleaning the optos help? Thanks

#1543 4 years ago

Sounds more like a trough issue. Check the opto boards for cold soldier joints and make sure they have a good tight connection. Ive had these fail in several sam system pins and its the first thing i would check.
Harley D.

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Sounds more like a trough issue. Check the opto boards for cold soldier joints and make sure they have a good tight connection. Ive had these fail in several sam system pins and its the first thing i would check.
Harley D.

Will do thanks

#1545 4 years ago

Hey guys, I have a question. How do you start SUPER HERO mode ? I've hade all the story mode done + battle royale and still nothing. Only thing is that I did not finish Venom 7/8 shots.

thanks !

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Hey guys, I have a question. How do you start SUPER HERO mode ? I've hade all the story mode done + battle royale and still nothing. Only thing is that I did not finish Venom 7/8 shots.
thanks !

If you didn't finish Venom, you didn't qualify it. All three levels of each villain need to be finished, plus the 5 spider modes. Then it will start at an orbit like the other modes.

#1547 4 years ago

Just found this newer relesheet not sure if it’s been posted. Been playing a bit more think that Venom shot is the biggest log jam for me.

I felt like SM was getting stale to me because it’s almost a bit of chopping wood but I’m going to read up on the rules to see what the points are about. Instead of just trying to get xyz mode feel like I’m not covering any new ground. Hopefully I’ll get a bit more insight like what builds bonus x and what adds to Venom points. I’m where I can earn an EB most games and get to BR like 10% but never got to SH yet.

Currently, I am not aware of the point structure and view SM more of a goal type pin but I think if I start looking at the points and how to get more I’ll get some extra enjoyment from this pin. I know with ST I didn’t really care for the rules until I began to dig into the point structure.

http://tiltforums.com/t/spider-man-rulesheet-wip/5622

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just found this newer relesheet not sure if it’s been posted. Been playing a bit more think that Venom shot is the biggest log jam for me.
I felt like SM was getting stale to me because it’s almost a bit of chopping wood but I’m going to read up on the rules to see what the points are about. Instead of just trying to get xyz mode feel like I’m not covering any new ground. Hopefully I’ll get a bit more insight like what builds bonus x and what adds to Venom points. I’m where I can earn an EB most games and get to BR like 10% but never got to SH yet.
Currently, I am not aware of the point structure and view SM more of a goal type pin but I think if I start looking at the points and how to get more I’ll get some extra enjoyment from this pin. I know with ST I didn’t really care for the rules until I began to dig into the point structure.
http://tiltforums.com/t/spider-man-rulesheet-wip/5622

For me there was a HUGE gap between hitting BR regularly and finally getting to Superhero. It took owning it two different times for about 4 years total before I finally did it, and that was just a couple months ago. I've now gotten there two more times since. At first it was usually the spider modes stopping me, so I changed my strategy to basically concentrate solely on starting them, using the multiballs whenever possible to help finish them. I find that for the most part, the villains complete themselves while playing this way (which is a little unfortunate really...). The biggest exception is Venom 3 (and sometimes Goblin 3 with its fast strobing shots). Venom 3 not only requires side ramp hits, but it also keeps the orbit gate open most of the time, so you can't get the nice feed out of the pops like usual (other than a black suit locked ball, which by then is going to require a lot of light lock hits). So it's mostly orbit-ramp combos or nothing when in single ball play. I find the best way to fight that is if you can get into a multiball, just keep hitting upper flipper shots and letting the balls drain then relaunch as long as the ball save holds out. In my three times there, I have yet to finish SH, but it's a cool mode. No idea how many shots it takes, but it seems like a million.

Have you gotten Combo Multiball yet? That's a lesser known mode that would be a good new goal for you if it's getting stale. 50 combos and it will start. Not an easy task. I've done it twice (oddly once on each machine I have owned).

I've toyed with the idea of letting mine go after finally hitting SH a couple times. I'm not a huge fan of the ruleset...I find it solid but nothing super exciting. I do not love hitting a bunch of shots to start modes, or how the villains for the most part finish themselves. I also do not love BR...not sure why. I can rarely pull off more than a couple jackpots and just do not find it as satisfying as most mini-wizard modes. But that said, I LOVE how the game shoots, and the rules do compliment the playfield well. Plus the theme, art, and A/V assets (in both forms) are fantastic, making it a total package game for me. I can play it many other places in my league and local circle, but I just do not think I would want to have it missing from my collection again. It's still one of my top games, after all these years and seeing everything it has to offer.

#1549 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For me there was a HUGE gap between hitting BR regularly and finally getting to Superhero. It took owning it two different times for about 4 years total before I finally did it, and that was just a couple months ago. I've now gotten there two more times since. At first it was usually the spider modes stopping me, so I changed my strategy to basically concentrate solely on starting them, using the multiballs whenever possible to help finish them. I find that for the most part, the villains complete themselves while playing this way (which is a little unfortunate really...). The biggest exception is Venom 3 (and sometimes Goblin 3 with its fast strobing shots). Venom 3 not only requires side ramp hits, but it also keeps the orbit gate open most of the time, so you can't get the nice feed out of the pops like usual (other than a black suit locked ball, which by then is going to require a lot of light lock hits). So it's mostly orbit-ramp combos or nothing when in single ball play. I find the best way to fight that is if you can get into a multiball, just keep hitting upper flipper shots and letting the balls drain then relaunch as long as the ball save holds out. In my three times there, I have yet to finish SH, but it's a cool mode. No idea how many shots it takes, but it seems like a million.
Have you gotten Combo Multiball yet? That's a lesser known mode that would be a good new goal for you if it's getting stale. 50 combos and it will start. Not an easy task. I've done it twice (oddly once on each machine I have owned).
I've toyed with the idea of letting mine go after finally hitting SH a couple times. I'm not a huge fan of the ruleset...I find it solid but nothing super exciting. I do not love hitting a bunch of shots to start modes, or how the villains for the most part finish themselves. I also do not love BR...not sure why. I can rarely pull off more than a couple jackpots and just do not find it as satisfying as most mini-wizard modes. But that said, I LOVE how the game shoots, and the rules do compliment the playfield well. Plus the theme, art, and A/V assets (in both forms) are fantastic, making it a total package game for me. I can play it many other places in my league and local circle, but I just do not think I would want to have it missing from my collection again. It's still one of my top games, after all these years and seeing everything it has to offer.

Thanks not got the combo MB at all didn’t know was one. But I did see my combo champ of just 29 or so but had a 12 way combo.

I also thought of letting it go because it’s such a long playing game, think it would be great for a more novice player. But I’m really going to try for starting more of the timed modes which I really like, I never really tried to start them just sort of happened and as a result never start more that 2-3 a game. But that side Venom is a bugger, I know the trick to let the balls drain, I think maybe I haven’t played it much so I lost the shot.

Good to see, I forgot or never knew about the web multiplier shot.

#1550 4 years ago

Got to BR today think that I am getting the feel of the side ramp down. Wanted to ask is how easy should the right ramp and Doc Oc shot be to backhand? I have a though time with the Doc Oc backhand.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Canyon Lake, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/31?hl=tictacseth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.