Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 51.
#1251 4 years ago

Got a chance to dig into the game a bit, and it seems like there is no real value in playing modes. Gets a little repetitive just hitting all the shots to start a mode, and most of the time, it makes more sense to time it out and start the next to work towards Super Hero.

I live the way the game shoots, but I am a little disappointed that it one of those TOM type rulesets where it makes more sense to just time out modes.

Anyone else see it differently?

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Got a chance to dig into the game a bit, and it seems like there is no real value in playing modes. Gets a little repetitive just hitting all the shots to start a mode, and most of the time, it makes more sense to time it out and start the next to work towards Super Hero.
I live the way the game shoots, but I am a little disappointed that it one of those TOM type rulesets where it makes more sense to just time out modes.
Anyone else see it differently?

Completing a mode will light the next shot for 3x for the remainder of the ball. Can be quite valuable while going through other modes and MBs. You could potentially have the right ramp lit for 3x while playing out Battle Royale and collecting jackpots. I've not done it myself, but is theoretically possible.

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from ozdave:

Ok have demagnetised my balls and giving it another shot. Thanks for the tips guys, will let you know how it goes

And how did that feel

#1254 4 years ago

Nothing to add, except that I love SM. It’s a “shooter” for sure.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ditto, playing last night with my 6yr old son before bed. He gets to Battle Royal - Nice

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Ditto, playing last night with my 6yr old son before bed. He gets to Battle Royal - Nice

Whoa. That’s awesome.

If he knew how to get jackpots with add a ball during BR that would have been extra impressive!

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I feel like a shooter is an understatement, because I can hit the shots, I just don’t know the strategy other than keep the ball alive. Had it for a few months now and I my scores suck until one day the ball just kept going. Then I noticed my score was huge. Got the grand champ and since then, back to my sucky scores

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I feel like a shooter is an understatement, because I can hit the shots, I just don’t know the strategy other than keep the ball alive. Had it for a few months now and I my scores suck until one day the ball just kept going. Then I noticed my score was huge. Got the grand champ and since then, back to my sucky scores

One of the big things that people might not be aware of are the shot multipliers. The first one can be earned by completing all of the white arrows (to qualify mode start at the orbits) once you've made all of the white arrows, all shots will be lit and the next shot you make will qualify that shot for 2x for the remainder of the ball.

The other one is completing a mode, as I mentioned in my last post. Once a mode is completed, all the white shots will light up and the next shot will be 3x for the remainder of the ball. I like to qualify the left ramp (for Venom modes) and the Doc Ock shot (for obvious reasons) if I know I'm going to be getting BR, I'll try to get the right ramp multiplied, but all the stars haven't aligned for me yet.

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

One of the big things that people might not be aware of are the shot multipliers. The first one can be earned by completing all of the white arrows (to qualify mode start at the orbits) once you've made all of the white arrows, all shots will be lit and the next shot you make will qualify that shot for 2x for the remainder of the ball.
The other one is completing a mode, as I mentioned in my last post. Once a mode is completed, all the white shots will light up and the next shot will be 3x for the remainder of the ball. I like to qualify the left ramp (for Venom modes) and the Doc Ock shot (for obvious reasons) if I know I'm going to be getting BR, I'll try to get the right ramp multiplied, but all the stars haven't aligned for me yet.

Yes, way easier said then done. I still think SM is one of Sterns best. Once you get the ramps and loops dialed in this game is a fun fast flowing beast.

#1260 4 years ago

I'll just mic drop this here for all you spidey fans:

YW

#1261 4 years ago

ive owned spiderman for 5-6 yrs. love the game, it'll never leave. played the vault version, absolutely hated it. Callouts were horrible.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ive owned spiderman for 5-6 yrs. love the game, it'll never leave. played the vault version, absolutely hated it. Callouts were horrible.

Ha. I love SM and prefer the vault. Something for everyone in pinball and good to have so many choices.

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

YW

Thinking about taking that song for the end. Although I love the original end theme with the flashers etc. Nice to have something new.

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

YW

There is also this one by the Ramones:

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

YW

How about this one. I like Leo's covers.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Well... this club has members who own the original and members who own the vault. In fact, some own both. The code, layout and general playability of this game puts in the top 5 pins of all time in my opinion. I love them both.

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

YW

https://vimeo.com/165963527

And boom goes the dynamite.

#1268 4 years ago

are there any good aftermarket pop bumper caps for Spiderman?

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

are there any good aftermarket pop bumper caps for Spiderman?

Not that I’m aware of

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My custom Spider man Vault Edition. My game also has all of the callouts from J.K. Simmons.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

are these the callouts from the spiderman 2007? is there a software available?

best regards ralf

#1271 4 years ago

I'm having an issue where the "W" up in the pop bumper "WEB" lanes is flickering. I can never tell if it's solid or not. The bulbs on to of the pop bumpers also flicker.

All bulbs have been converted to no ghosting.

Any thoughts?

#1272 4 years ago

I'm having an issue where the "W" up in the pop bumper "WEB" lanes is flickering. I can never tell if it's solid or not. The bulbs on to of the pop bumpers also flicker.
All bulbs have been converted to no ghosting.
Any thoughts?

I had ghosting issues even with the non-ghosting bulbs. Got an LED-OCD and switched all LED bulbs to regular ones from comet(LED-OCD doesn't like the non-ghosting) and it works great. Looks like it's supposed to.

#1273 4 years ago

what changes were made for the final run of the standard version?

I know there is (black) webbed side armor, but I believe there were a few other changes

thanks

#1274 4 years ago

Just joined the club!
Traded my BK2K amd some change for a tricked out 2007 Spidey

20190526_145249 (resized).jpg20190526_145249 (resized).jpg
#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Just joined the club!
Traded my BK2K amd some change for a tricked out 2007 Spidey[quoted image]

Congrats! First step is to make it to Battle Royale

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Just joined the club!
Traded my BK2K amd some change for a tricked out 2007 Spidey[quoted image]

Awesome choice.

#1277 4 years ago

Necessary Mods?

#1278 4 years ago

I have a really nice SM for sale in the market place.....

Machine - For Sale
Spider-Man Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “I am selling a super nice original HUO (undocumented)Stern SM. The game plays 100% with no issues. The game is clean with no wear on the PF or cab. It has many nice mods which are...”
2019-05-19
New Windsor, MD
Archived after: 377 days
Viewed: 773 times

#1279 4 years ago

Ive already had a spider man in the past... Right now i have a Iron Maiden, i think 2 of the most amazing stern machine ive already played... unfortunately i cant have them both... i thinking trading the iron maiden for a spider man and some cash.. am i crazy!? eheh

#1280 4 years ago

I love Spider-Man but I only have room for so many games and AC/DC premium just took its place. Up for sale is a beautiful all original HUO Black Spidey. Someone's going to love to have this one. Wish I could keep them all.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79589

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

what changes were made for the final run of the standard version?
I know there is (black) webbed side armor, but I believe there were a few other changes
thanks

I have a last run. I think the only change is the webbed armour, and coloured Web plastics

#1282 4 years ago

I also have a last run, indeed webbed armour, no coloroured web pastics on mine all are clear. I have the pegs instead of the service rails, and plastic apron instead of metal. There was a shaker standard. Think that was all.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I also have a last run, indeed webbed armour, no coloroured web pastics on mine all are clear. I have the pegs instead of the service rails, and plastic apron instead of metal. There was a shaker standard. Think that was all.

Yes forgot the rails but mine had no shaker

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I have a last run. I think the only change is the webbed armour, and coloured Web plastics

I was not sure if the colored webs were ever included on a factory run or not. I thought they might have been (as Steve Ritchie was selling them as an add-on on his own website for awhile....and that makes them seem somewhat official), but it seems we have conflicting reports on this. Maybe late run international games got them but not North America???

#1285 4 years ago

now i am confused
webbed side armour, but clear spiderwebs
no shaker, but service rails

still plays great

#1286 4 years ago

Quick question... What shots are needed for Green Goblin?

Seems I make a bunch of shots, then it starts roving.

#1287 4 years ago

Quick question... What shots are needed for Green Goblin?
Seems I make a bunch of shots, then it starts roving.

Anyone?

I seem to complete everything needed for Super Hero except GG.

#1288 4 years ago

The last GG is the hardest one. The targets roam and you have to hit the roaming target I think 10 or 12 times. Get a multiball going and you might have better luck.

#1289 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The last GG is the hardest one. The targets roam and you have to hit the roaming target I think 10 or 12 times. Get a multiball going and you might have better luck.

Did it! Focused my MBs on GG, and got to Super Hero on ball 1 (well, second ball since there was an extra ball).

Adrenaline running like crazy, so I only scored 45,000,000 in Super Hero, but still a rush to get there!

How do you complete Super Hero?

MVIMG_20190610_003508_1 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190610_003508_1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1290 4 years ago

Hey All,

I just picked up a SM (2007) and I’m noticing that the Venom opto works when you first fire up the game, but after the pin has warmed up a bit, it stops working. Has anyone ever heard of this with Optos quitting due to heat?

Thanks

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Hey All,
I just picked up a SM (2007) and I’m noticing that the Venom opto works when you first fire up the game, but after the pin has warmed up a bit, it stops working. Has anyone ever heard of this with Optos quitting due to heat?
Thanks

Might be your opto amplifier board under the PF. I had 1 go bad on ST.

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Might be your opto amplifier board under the PF. I had 1 go bad on ST.

Ok, that would make sense if a part of it is getting overheated. I’ll check it out. Thanks

#1293 4 years ago

Hey everyone, I want to try making the Sandman VUK side brackets for a friends machine but don't have access to a totally intact part to get the measurements. Does anyone by chance have a scaled drawing or scan of the side bracket parts? Maybe someone here has a broken one they could put together and lay on the bed of a scanner with a ruler next to it?

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Hey everyone, I want to try making the Sandman VUK side brackets for a friends machine but don't have access to a totally intact part to get the measurements. Does anyone by chance have a scaled drawing or scan of the side bracket parts? Maybe someone here has a broken one they could put together and lay on the bed of a scanner with a ruler next to it?

Are you referring to the 90 degree metal brackets (part numbers 535-0031-00 and 535-0031-01)?

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you referring to the 90 degree metal brackets (part numbers 535-0031-00 and 535-0031-01)?

The arch shaped side brackets for the Sandman VUK (535-1254-00/01)

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

The arch shaped side brackets for the Sandman VUK (535-1254-00/01)

So it is a SM vault? That part number appears to be vault only. I believe that part is all metal on the vault but is plastic with metal brackets I listed on the original SM.

For the original SM, Pinbits sells the plastics:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_45&zenid=6e420aad891237ac7eb34b0a73f0498e

For the original SM, the metal 90 degree brackets for the original could be easily made from pieces of metal bought from the hardware stores, a drill and a hacksaw.

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So it is a SM vault? That part number appears to be vault only. I believe that part is all metal on the vault but is plastic with metal brackets I listed on the original SM.

They don't have the vault, I just posted the first part number I found to illustrate what I was talking about. I assume a scan of either would work, I'll likely make it out of metal in the end anyway.

#1298 4 years ago

I just ordered up the vault edition side rails from my distributor and put them on my 2007 SM so I didn't have to worry about plastics anymore. The screw right on.

#1299 4 years ago

hi,
yesterday I installed a color dmd to my Spiderman Vault. Now I am not quite sure which style I should use. What do you guys prefer, which style is the best for the smve?

Ralf

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi,
yesterday I installed a color dmd to my Spiderman Vault. Now I am not quite sure which style I should use. What do you guys prefer, which style is the best for the smve?
Ralf

I did high res to fill in all the dots. SMVE is one of the better Color DMD's in opinion. They also did a great job on the Orig SM color DMD making all the movie scenes much much better.

And I love my SM. Keep going back to it, shooting and flowing my way through it for fun every time I play. Perfect pinball IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.