Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 51.
#1201 5 years ago

Found a brand new low play Spidey VE....to complete my quadrio of machine theme Marvel !!!

IMGP0847 (resized).JPGIMGP0847 (resized).JPGIMGP0849 (resized).JPGIMGP0849 (resized).JPGIMGP0845 (resized).JPGIMGP0845 (resized).JPGIMGP0854 (resized).JPGIMGP0854 (resized).JPGIMGP0555 (resized).JPGIMGP0555 (resized).JPGIMGP0557 (resized).JPGIMGP0557 (resized).JPGIMGP0875 (resized).JPGIMGP0875 (resized).JPG
#1202 5 years ago

Back in the club...May add the Back Alley building mod if anyone has one for sale...thx.

#1203 5 years ago

I had my best game ever last night. I scored 188 million on my first ball and ended up with over 400 million. It could have been a lot higher if I had reached Super Hero. Unfortunately, I just couldn't start that last mode.

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Color DMD is the best mod you can do for any game. The videos look better in dots then in hi res but a must buy for sure. I also really like the spider sense to shooter lane mod as it takes away the cheap drains when you hit that shot. This game is the whole package IMO. Great rules, great call outs, and great wizard modes.

Where can I get the spider sense to shooter lane mod? Never seen that. Sounds very cool.

#1205 5 years ago

You have to fab it yourself with some additional parts. Pretty easy and worth it. You have to read this whole post and you will find the parts needed or do a forum search. Sorry I do not know off hand but I just followed the info here on Pinside.

#1206 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm if I’m missing a thin nut behind Sandman please? Pointing to it in this pic:

11059E7D-B1B8-4272-B833-4AA4466472C3 (resized).jpeg11059E7D-B1B8-4272-B833-4AA4466472C3 (resized).jpeg
#1207 5 years ago

Going to have to agree with the spider man love going on here. Great looking game, code is fun from the start of the game. Each ball builds and builds adding pressure of not draining when you add multipliers. Each thing you do makes progress towards battle royale or super hero. Great sounds, satisfying shots. Great shaker integration. Great theatrics with flashers etc.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Can anyone confirm if I’m missing a thin nut behind Sandman please?

It's hard to tell from your photo, but it looks like you may have a broken screw. Also, I'm pretty sure the metal piece is supposed to go above the plastic ...

SM (resized).jpgSM (resized).jpg
#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You have to fab it yourself with some additional parts. Pretty easy and worth it. You have to read this whole post and you will find the parts needed or do a forum search. Sorry I do not know off hand but I just followed the info here on Pinside.

Thanks! I'm gonna look into that

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's hard to tell from your photo, but it looks like you may have a broken screw. Also, I'm pretty sure the metal piece is supposed to go above the plastic ...[quoted image]

I think you’re right. Mine doesn’t have the “-70” plastic protector above either.

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's hard to tell from your photo, but it looks like you may have a broken screw. Also, I'm pretty sure the metal piece is supposed to go above the plastic ...[quoted image]

Yours is the same as mine. The metal goes above the printed plastic and a screw goes in the corner above the star post.

#1212 5 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. Great flow. Great game!

#1213 5 years ago

Bodge fix:

AB6632BB-7397-4DC3-8057-A083A848F30A (resized).jpegAB6632BB-7397-4DC3-8057-A083A848F30A (resized).jpeg
#1214 5 years ago

Also there is a clear plastic that covers a lot of that area missing from your photo.

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Also there is a clear plastic that covers a lot of that area missing from your photo.

Yes, I noticed that too.

Not sure where to find that one, or how it attaches.

It’s a routed machine, but fairly lightly it would seem.

#1216 5 years ago

Yes, I noticed that too.
Not sure where to find that one, or how it attaches.
It’s a routed machine, but fairly lightly it would seem.

Well, the good news is that most of those plastics are designed to prevent ball traps from happening on routed machines (and take days to get someone there to unstick the ball)... so you can leave it off it you want and enjoy a more beautiful game with only a small chance you'll have to pull the glass if a ball makes it there. I remove a lot of those plastics from my HUO games (and put them in the coinbox for later)... such as the plastic between the wings of the dragon on MMR. I just thought that a dragon flying with a hunk of plastic on his back looked terrible and very degrading to the dragon!!

#1217 5 years ago

Did the illuminated bank target https://mezelmods.com/products/spider-man-illuminated-bank-target
Only issue was the instructions showed in pictures two led strips on the motor housing but the text worded it that the red strip goes up top and the blue strip goes on the bottom by the 2 bank height adjustment screws. I put the blue strip on the bottom as written, not pictured.
3A43EF97-C7DE-4CBF-9B82-20C28C9A51D2 (resized).jpeg3A43EF97-C7DE-4CBF-9B82-20C28C9A51D2 (resized).jpeg12663D33-966E-4B51-8E8E-39834EF74F72 (resized).jpeg12663D33-966E-4B51-8E8E-39834EF74F72 (resized).jpeg6D5EE58A-5A32-4B77-B2AD-44B49563055B (resized).jpeg6D5EE58A-5A32-4B77-B2AD-44B49563055B (resized).jpeg41C13733-F148-4914-A5C6-4A3957B8DF12 (resized).jpeg41C13733-F148-4914-A5C6-4A3957B8DF12 (resized).jpeg

#1218 5 years ago

Just joined the club today. Got my hands on an almost new example. One thing I noticed missing was any sort of leg protection.

Were these games shipped out with any protectors?

Was considering getting those felt protectors. Are they any good?

Thanks!

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just joined the club today. Got my hands on an almost new example. One thing I noticed missing was any sort of leg protection.
Thanks!

Congrats, my VE has metal leg protectors factory installed. I’d bet the original ‘07 didn’t ship with protectors. Metal protectors better than felt IMO. https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks!

Cabinets that are silk screened painted only need felt at best for protection.

New cabinets with cheap decals need the plastic/metal protectors for legs.

I’ve owned both style. I wish Stern would still silk screen cabinets - but cabinet decals are cheaper and faster to install.

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cabinets that are silk screened painted only need felt at best for protection.
New cabinets with cheap decals need the plastic/metal protectors for legs.
I’ve owned both style. I wish Stern would still silk screen cabinets - but cabinet decals are cheaper and faster to install.

Agreed. Love the silkscreen!

I'm going to order the felt ones. Also need a set for my MM.

I just got the game yesterday. It has 300 plays and was just removed from the box last year. Very nice looking game.

It's running code 1.4! I haven't really looked over the machine, so not sure if they were using chips for software, or USB. Can anyone tell me?

#1222 5 years ago

Wondering how these holes on SM are suppose to help you align the flippers? My other Sterns have the toothpick holes at the tip of the flippers and these ones make no sense.

BD589E1B-01CC-411A-BEAB-F4CA1EE723F3 (resized).jpegBD589E1B-01CC-411A-BEAB-F4CA1EE723F3 (resized).jpeg
#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Wondering how these holes on SM are suppose to help you align the flippers? My other Sterns have the toothpick holes at the tip of the flippers and these ones make no sense.
[quoted image]

I believe they are biff bar holes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-whats-the-purpose-of-these-metal-bars#post-563942

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Agreed. Love the silkscreen!
I'm going to order the felt ones. Also need a set for my MM.
I just got the game yesterday. It has 300 plays and was just removed from the box last year. Very nice looking game.
It's running code 1.4! I haven't really looked over the machine, so not sure if they were using chips for software, or USB. Can anyone tell me?

The felt ones can do more harm than good for decaled games like MM, I'd avoid those and the plastic ones and use the Stern-style metal ones that screw into the cabinet on both games.

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The felt ones can do more harm than good for decaled games like MM, I'd avoid those and the plastic ones and use the Stern-style metal ones that screw into the cabinet on both games.

Do you predrill the holes, or are they push in screws?

And why would felt do damage on Spidey or MM?

#1226 5 years ago

Oh, one more thing. My game came with a Coin Taker shaker.

I reset my game to default settings, and the shaker no longer is active. Is there something in the settings to enable it?

And while we're at it, anyone know how to make the shaker less violent. Compared to Stern factory shakers, this thing is just stupid.

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you predrill the holes, or are they push in screws?
And why would felt do damage on Spidey or MM?

I don't think any MMs were silk-screened but I could be wrong, not positive about Spidey but believe it's the same. The protectors come with self-tapping screws, no pilot holes required.

#1228 5 years ago

I’ve heard that people who used felt protectors experienced wiggle in the legs afterwards. Just go metal IMO

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Oh, one more thing. My game came with a Coin Taker shaker.
I reset my game to default settings, and the shaker no longer is active. Is there something in the settings to enable it?
And while we're at it, anyone know how to make the shaker less violent. Compared to Stern factory shakers, this thing is just stupid.

There is a shaker setting you can turn on or off in the menus. (I forget what number adjustment, sorry)

And the red tremors can shake like hell
The weights are adjustable, but it may not soften it up enough for your taste as they are typically very strong.

I loved it on my Metallica though

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

There is a shaker setting you can turn on or off in the menus. (I forget what number adjustment, sorry)
And the red tremors can shake like hell
The weights are adjustable, but it may not soften it up enough for your taste as they are typically very strong.
I loved it on my Metallica though

Thanks dude!

#1231 5 years ago

Got my huo Spidey last week. It is just superb. Quick question. How do I check what version of code it's running and is it easy to update? I've only ever done Spike System games

20190321_092002 (resized).jpg20190321_092002 (resized).jpg20190321_092009 (resized).jpg20190321_092009 (resized).jpg20190321_092025 (resized).jpg20190321_092025 (resized).jpgIMG_20190321_100850 (resized).jpgIMG_20190321_100850 (resized).jpg
#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Got my huo Spidey last week. It is just superb. Quick question. How do I check what version of code it's running and is it easy to update? I've only ever done Spike System games
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Service Menu screen will say it

Think 2.61 is latest

#1233 5 years ago

Service Menu screen will say it
Think 2.61 is latest

Cheers Paul. I just downloaded the update from the Stern Website. It's only 17 odd mb. Does that sound right? Is it a case of just sticking the file on a usb, plugging it in and turning it on?

Forget that, all updated without issue. Have to change a dip switch temporarily and it's easy from there. Up to 2.61 now from 1.92

#1234 5 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Cheers Paul. I just downloaded the update from the Stern Website. It's only 17 odd mb. Does that sound right? Is it a case of just sticking the file on a usb, plugging it in and turning it on?
Forget that, all updated without issue. Have to change a dip switch temporarily and it's easy from there. Up to 2.61 now from 1.92

Cool. Standard SAM update process.

Met and TWD are about 70-90Mb, to put it into perspective, yet SM is still a cracking game. Obviously Spike games are silly sizes nowadays.

#1235 5 years ago

Cool. Standard SAM update process.
Met and TWD are about 70-90Mb, to put it into perspective, yet SM is still a cracking game. Obviously Spike games are silly sizes nowadays.

When I updated my Aerosmith, it was over 4gb

#1236 5 years ago

Tilt Graphics Shooter plate today

5446C5ED-C617-4024-A98A-51B51380C355 (resized).jpeg5446C5ED-C617-4024-A98A-51B51380C355 (resized).jpeg
#1237 5 years ago

Had a really enjoyable game, lots of lanes simultaneously lit for multipliers, but SuperHero still eludes me...[quoted image]

Play better Paul.

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Play better Paul.

How dare you... That WAS me playing better!

PS - good to see you around

#1239 5 years ago

Parts available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-parts-new-

D869B072-8FFD-4AAC-B2C7-C37AB704D0AA (resized).jpegD869B072-8FFD-4AAC-B2C7-C37AB704D0AA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1240 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm if this is the factory setting for the outline posts.

MVIMG_20190405_213751 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190405_213751 (resized).jpg
#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can anyone confirm if this is the factory setting for the outline posts.
[quoted image]

Anyone???

#1242 5 years ago

It should be one hole farther up. Both sides should be one hole up from the bottom if you want it to be as shipped from the factory.

3 weeks later
#1243 4 years ago

Hi all, How many balls should Doc Ock be putting out for its multi ball? I played with some of my settings recently and it’s now doing 4. It used to always only do 2

I don’t know if it’s something I did or something else.

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from ozdave:

Hi all, How many balls should Doc Ock be putting out for its multi ball? I played with some of my settings recently and it’s now doing 4. It used to always only do 2

I don’t know if it’s something I did or something else.

I'm pretty sure the first Doc Ock multiball (Fusion Malfunction) is a 2-ball multiball with an add-a-ball. The second Doc Ock multiball (Bank Bust) is a 3-ball multiball with an add-a-ball. I'm not positive about the third one (Armed at the Dock), but I think it goes back to a 2-ball multiball like the first one.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm pretty sure the first Doc Ock multiball (Fusion Malfunction) is a 2-ball multiball with an add-a-ball. The second Doc Ock multiball (Bank Bust) is a 3-ball multiball with an add-a-ball. I'm not positive about the third one (Armed at the Dock), but I think it goes back to a 2-ball multiball like the first one.

Ok that’s what I thought. Any ideas why it might be doing something different? It’s like it’s starting black suit multiball

I just did a test manually and it only put out 2, maybe it was something stacked in the games?

Then I played a game and on doc ock, gave out 2 balls. One drained during the shoot again and the game put out all 4?

Not sure what’s going on...

#1246 4 years ago

Ok I’ve just noticed that balls are getting stuck in the trough. They don’t come all the way down intermittently. It’s only a really light stick as a slight nudge moves them. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

#1247 4 years ago

Test balls , if they have become magnetised this plays a part.

Just put them Together to see if they attract

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Test balls , if they have become magnetised this plays a part.
Just put them Together to see if they attract

Or try a small metal paper clip on each ball

#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from ozdave:

Ok I’ve just noticed that balls are getting stuck in the trough. They don’t come all the way down intermittently. It’s only a really light stick as a slight nudge moves them. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

What kind of balls are you using? You generally want to avoid chromium balls like the Ninjas in games with magnets because they can become magnetized more easily than regular carbon steel balls.

#1250 4 years ago

Ok have demagnetised my balls and giving it another shot. Thanks for the tips guys, will let you know how it goes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/25?hl=huggers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.