Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 39 votes
    24%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 87 votes
    54%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 34 votes
    21%

(Multiple choice - 160 votes by 145 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 291 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7D0297EE-84BA-4C64-8359-2CD6F736A81C.jpeg
Capture.PNG
IMG20181222182544 (resized).jpg
Pinbits (resized).jpg
screws (resized).jpg
SM #1 (resized).jpg
SM #2 (resized).jpg
IMG20181119173833 (resized).jpg
20181107_182636 (resized).jpg
20181107_182641 (resized).jpg
20180202_171236 (resized).jpg
IMG_1227 (resized).JPG
IMG20181008170353 (resized).jpg
IMG20181008170411 (resized).jpg
IMG20181008163339 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180930_134142250 (resized).jpg

There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 31 days ago

Here's a photo of mine

IMG20181222182544 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1052 20 days ago

Hi all, got my Stern Spiderman about a
Month ago, was a previous operator machine from Europe, now in a new home in Brisbane, Australia!

It’s a great game and plays well but has had some plays through it! A few things wear and tear that I’m slowly tidying up on it.

Have ordered a cliffy kit and some other bits.

Been a good way to learn a lot about pinball in a short time! Very happy and enjoying tinkering too

David

#1053 19 days ago
Quoted from ozdave:

Hi all, got my Stern Spiderman about a
Month ago, was a previous operator machine from Europe, now in a new home in Brisbane, Australia!
It’s a great game and plays well but has had some plays through it! A few things wear and tear that I’m slowly tidying up on it.
Have ordered a cliffy kit and some other bits.
Been a good way to learn a lot about pinball in a short time! Very happy and enjoying tinkering too
David

You'll learn lots putting on the protectors. So many parts to be removed. Plan on removing a little more stuff and do a thorough playfield clean. Sm is a bugger to clean and get to things so do as much ad you can at once ie rubbers etc

#1054 19 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

You'll learn lots putting on the protectors. So many parts to be removed. Plan on removing a little more stuff and do a thorough playfield clean. Sm is a bugger to clean and get to things so do as much ad you can at once ie rubbers etc

I just did a full topside tear down. It actually wasn't that bad compared to some other games. The left side where the two ramps overlap is a bit more complicated than the right side. What's nice is that you can clean the entire playfield and replace all the rubbers without removing the Sandman or Doc Ock mechs.

#1055 19 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just did a full topside tear down. It actually wasn't that bad compared to some other games. The left side where the two ramps overlap is a bit more complicated than the right side. What's nice is that you can clean the entire playfield and replace all the rubbers without removing the Sandman or Doc Ock mechs.

I just found it terrible in that on first inspection you think itll be easy then you start removing ramps and mechs to do the job. Replacing the rubbers on the very left top lane is a nightmare time wise.
Spidey is a bad design because you basically have to do a full top teardown to get things done. That's why i suggested might as well keep going and shop the game when doing the cliffys. I did. I even reblued the ramp flaps as mine had rusted

#1056 19 days ago

Reblued the ramp flaps? How? mine have rust on them;-(

#1057 18 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Reblued the ramp flaps? How? mine have rust on them;-(

Gun shops have kits.

#1058 18 days ago

ahh, gun shops, we do not have these in europe....

#1059 18 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Really, no firearms at all? Search on the internet for metal Blueing

#1060 18 days ago

sure, you do. it's called albania.

#1061 18 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

We do, just not on every road.

#1062 13 days ago

I have about 5 inserts in my Spiderman that strobe really bad with LEDs. I'm using the Cointaker Premium non-ghosting LEDs, and don't have any problems with these LEDs in other games. Other than buying the LED OCD board, does anyone have any suggestions on a bulb that won't have the strobing affect?

#1063 13 days ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I have about 5 inserts in my Spiderman that strobe really bad with LEDs. I'm using the Cointaker Premium non-ghosting LEDs, and don't have any problems with these LEDs in other games. Other than buying the LED OCD board, does anyone have any suggestions on a bulb that won't have the strobing affect?

I have non-ghosting Comets in mine, and some of them strobe as well. I think LED OCD is the only way to fully eliminate it on this game.

#1064 12 days ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Standard (NOT non-ghosting) LED bulbs + LED OCD, or leave them all incandescent. Otherwise it's a compromise.

#1065 12 days ago

16th place for Spidey - 11yrs on and still a really great game.

Capture.PNG
#1066 12 days ago

What does the bank of 3 stand up targets on the right achieve?

#1067 12 days ago

Lights the spider sense lane and are used in "Daily Bugle" mode

#1068 12 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Lights the spider sense lane and are used in "Daily Bugle" mode

Now, I need to know what the Spidey Sense shot awards...lol

#1069 11 days ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Now, I need to know what the Spidey Sense shot awards...lol

Usually a right outlane drain on my machine... When it comes out I always give it a bump before it hits the top of the sling so it doesn't bounce back to the outlane.

#1070 11 days ago

This is the reason the spider sense exit to shooter mod is awesome. You collect a spider sense award and have a safe return to either the pops or your upper right flippper.

#1071 11 days ago

I put super-bands on my machine for the posts and slings and never get a drain now. Used to always get drains.

#1072 11 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I put super-bands on my machine for the posts and slings and never get a drain now. Used to always get drains.

The super-band mini-post rubbers are incredibly bouncy.

#1073 11 days ago

superbands everywhere on all my games. yes, they definitely speed things up. similar to high altitude training.

#1074 11 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have non-ghosting Comets in mine, and some of them strobe as well. I think LED OCD is the only way to fully eliminate it on this game.

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Standard (NOT non-ghosting) LED bulbs + LED OCD, or leave them all incandescent. Otherwise it's a compromise.

So I decided to bite the bullet and order my first LED OCD board for use in Spiderman. For those that have it, and recommendations on the settings for the LED OCD board?

#1075 11 days ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

So I decided to bite the bullet and order my first LED OCD board for use in Spiderman. For those that have it, and recommendations on the settings for the LED OCD board?

Most people stick with the default settings and are happy with the results. Depending on which LEDs you use, you may want to adjust the brightness for individual inserts if you feel they are too bright. Just make sure you use regular LEDs, not the non-ghosting kind. They will have a wider brightness range and will fade better when being driven by the OCD board.

#1076 11 days ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Herg has a special settings option for SM. He obtained these settings through tuning the lights on my game.

#1077 11 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Herg has a special settings option for SM. He obtained these settings through tuning the lights on my game.

Wouldn't that setting only be optimal if the exact same LEDs are used?

#1078 11 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wouldn't that setting only be optimal if the exact same LEDs are used?

Possibly, but from what I remember the settings optimized the blinking rates of the inserts which I suspect would be similar for most mainstream LEDs.

#1079 10 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I installed an LED OCD into my SMVE and it makes a major difference. Great job dialing the settings in!

#1080 10 days ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I installed an LED OCD into my SMVE and it makes a major difference. Great job dialing the settings in!

Did the same with mine. Great improvement!

#1081 5 days ago

Anyone have good free play cards for Spiderman, or preferably VE?

#1082 5 days ago

Not sure where i found this, but have it in my files from somewhere. I don’t actually have these on my VE yet, so please post a pic of your apron if you print and use these.

7D0297EE-84BA-4C64-8359-2CD6F736A81C.jpeg
#1083 1 day ago

I didn't know ledocd worked in SMVE. Did you remove the little adapters on the board when adding that in?

More importantly does it allow the SMVE code to do the inserts woth different brightness like I hear the orig spidey did?

#1084 1 day ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I didn't know ledocd worked in SMVE. Did you remove the little adapters on the board when adding that in?
More importantly does it allow the SMVE code to do the inserts woth different brightness like I hear the orig spidey did?

Have LEDOCD in my SMVE. Wonderful. Can't remember if I pulled adapters or not. Instructions were thorough for the board.

Recommended. Still need to dial it in a bit from stock but have not had time to get around to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlyle, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saukville, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
$ 14.95
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.95
$ 63.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside