Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 51.
#1051 5 years ago

Here's a photo of mine

IMG20181222182544 (resized).jpgIMG20181222182544 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1052 5 years ago

Hi all, got my Stern Spiderman about a
Month ago, was a previous operator machine from Europe, now in a new home in Brisbane, Australia!

It’s a great game and plays well but has had some plays through it! A few things wear and tear that I’m slowly tidying up on it.

Have ordered a cliffy kit and some other bits.

Been a good way to learn a lot about pinball in a short time! Very happy and enjoying tinkering too

David

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from ozdave:

Hi all, got my Stern Spiderman about a
Month ago, was a previous operator machine from Europe, now in a new home in Brisbane, Australia!
It’s a great game and plays well but has had some plays through it! A few things wear and tear that I’m slowly tidying up on it.
Have ordered a cliffy kit and some other bits.
Been a good way to learn a lot about pinball in a short time! Very happy and enjoying tinkering too
David

You'll learn lots putting on the protectors. So many parts to be removed. Plan on removing a little more stuff and do a thorough playfield clean. Sm is a bugger to clean and get to things so do as much ad you can at once ie rubbers etc

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

You'll learn lots putting on the protectors. So many parts to be removed. Plan on removing a little more stuff and do a thorough playfield clean. Sm is a bugger to clean and get to things so do as much ad you can at once ie rubbers etc

I just did a full topside tear down. It actually wasn't that bad compared to some other games. The left side where the two ramps overlap is a bit more complicated than the right side. What's nice is that you can clean the entire playfield and replace all the rubbers without removing the Sandman or Doc Ock mechs.

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just did a full topside tear down. It actually wasn't that bad compared to some other games. The left side where the two ramps overlap is a bit more complicated than the right side. What's nice is that you can clean the entire playfield and replace all the rubbers without removing the Sandman or Doc Ock mechs.

I just found it terrible in that on first inspection you think itll be easy then you start removing ramps and mechs to do the job. Replacing the rubbers on the very left top lane is a nightmare time wise.
Spidey is a bad design because you basically have to do a full top teardown to get things done. That's why i suggested might as well keep going and shop the game when doing the cliffys. I did. I even reblued the ramp flaps as mine had rusted

#1056 5 years ago

Reblued the ramp flaps? How? mine have rust on them;-(

#1057 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Reblued the ramp flaps? How? mine have rust on them;-(

Gun shops have kits.

#1058 5 years ago

ahh, gun shops, we do not have these in europe....

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Really, no firearms at all? Search on the internet for metal Blueing

#1060 5 years ago

sure, you do. it's called albania.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

We do, just not on every road.

#1062 5 years ago

I have about 5 inserts in my Spiderman that strobe really bad with LEDs. I'm using the Cointaker Premium non-ghosting LEDs, and don't have any problems with these LEDs in other games. Other than buying the LED OCD board, does anyone have any suggestions on a bulb that won't have the strobing affect?

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I have about 5 inserts in my Spiderman that strobe really bad with LEDs. I'm using the Cointaker Premium non-ghosting LEDs, and don't have any problems with these LEDs in other games. Other than buying the LED OCD board, does anyone have any suggestions on a bulb that won't have the strobing affect?

I have non-ghosting Comets in mine, and some of them strobe as well. I think LED OCD is the only way to fully eliminate it on this game.

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Standard (NOT non-ghosting) LED bulbs + LED OCD, or leave them all incandescent. Otherwise it's a compromise.

#1065 5 years ago

16th place for Spidey - 11yrs on and still a really great game.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
#1066 5 years ago

What does the bank of 3 stand up targets on the right achieve?

#1067 5 years ago

Lights the spider sense lane and are used in "Daily Bugle" mode

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Lights the spider sense lane and are used in "Daily Bugle" mode

Now, I need to know what the Spidey Sense shot awards...lol

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Now, I need to know what the Spidey Sense shot awards...lol

Usually a right outlane drain on my machine... When it comes out I always give it a bump before it hits the top of the sling so it doesn't bounce back to the outlane.

#1070 5 years ago

This is the reason the spider sense exit to shooter mod is awesome. You collect a spider sense award and have a safe return to either the pops or your upper right flippper.

#1071 5 years ago

I put super-bands on my machine for the posts and slings and never get a drain now. Used to always get drains.

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I put super-bands on my machine for the posts and slings and never get a drain now. Used to always get drains.

The super-band mini-post rubbers are incredibly bouncy.

#1073 5 years ago

superbands everywhere on all my games. yes, they definitely speed things up. similar to high altitude training.

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have non-ghosting Comets in mine, and some of them strobe as well. I think LED OCD is the only way to fully eliminate it on this game.

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Standard (NOT non-ghosting) LED bulbs + LED OCD, or leave them all incandescent. Otherwise it's a compromise.

So I decided to bite the bullet and order my first LED OCD board for use in Spiderman. For those that have it, and recommendations on the settings for the LED OCD board?

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

So I decided to bite the bullet and order my first LED OCD board for use in Spiderman. For those that have it, and recommendations on the settings for the LED OCD board?

Most people stick with the default settings and are happy with the results. Depending on which LEDs you use, you may want to adjust the brightness for individual inserts if you feel they are too bright. Just make sure you use regular LEDs, not the non-ghosting kind. They will have a wider brightness range and will fade better when being driven by the OCD board.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Herg has a special settings option for SM. He obtained these settings through tuning the lights on my game.

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Herg has a special settings option for SM. He obtained these settings through tuning the lights on my game.

Wouldn't that setting only be optimal if the exact same LEDs are used?

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wouldn't that setting only be optimal if the exact same LEDs are used?

Possibly, but from what I remember the settings optimized the blinking rates of the inserts which I suspect would be similar for most mainstream LEDs.

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I installed an LED OCD into my SMVE and it makes a major difference. Great job dialing the settings in!

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I installed an LED OCD into my SMVE and it makes a major difference. Great job dialing the settings in!

Did the same with mine. Great improvement!

#1081 5 years ago

Anyone have good free play cards for Spiderman, or preferably VE?

#1082 5 years ago

Not sure where i found this, but have it in my files from somewhere. I don’t actually have these on my VE yet, so please post a pic of your apron if you print and use these.

7D0297EE-84BA-4C64-8359-2CD6F736A81C.jpeg7D0297EE-84BA-4C64-8359-2CD6F736A81C.jpeg
#1083 5 years ago

I didn't know ledocd worked in SMVE. Did you remove the little adapters on the board when adding that in?

More importantly does it allow the SMVE code to do the inserts woth different brightness like I hear the orig spidey did?

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I didn't know ledocd worked in SMVE. Did you remove the little adapters on the board when adding that in?
More importantly does it allow the SMVE code to do the inserts woth different brightness like I hear the orig spidey did?

Have LEDOCD in my SMVE. Wonderful. Can't remember if I pulled adapters or not. Instructions were thorough for the board.

Recommended. Still need to dial it in a bit from stock but have not had time to get around to it.

#1085 5 years ago

On original spiderman pins, is there a visual difference between the white inserts on the main shots with 2x vs 3x multipliers.
On my SMVE pretty much both are just solid lit white lit inserts.

Watched the Bowen spidey tutorial and he frequently look at the playfield and woukd call out which type of multiplier was on each shot at the time. Hard to tell what the difference was on the video but looked like the 2x was dimmer and the 3x was brighter solidly lit. But I may be wrong.

With LEDOCD on SMVE I wonder if it does the same?

#1086 5 years ago

Me personally, I like just the regular non-ghosting LED’s without OCD because if the shot is lit for a multiplier the insert looks different, tweaked if you will because of the dimming effect, and I can tell which shot is multiplied instead of the dimming which is hard to tell on the fly when your playing. Same thing for the villain inserts, if you have not completed all 3 modes for each villain the insert lighting is again tweaked so I know right a way that that villain has not yet been fully beat. Either way this game still kicks ass!

#1087 5 years ago

Did anyone else catch this message from SR on Facebook?

08B51DEA-4B14-4882-8F58-927AFFD265E3.png08B51DEA-4B14-4882-8F58-927AFFD265E3.png
#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Those little boards do need removing for LED OCD installs on SAM hardware.

#1089 5 years ago

As of today, I’m in the club! Bonesaw is ready!

3506F042-2C65-40FF-B0EE-1A7E526A7596 (resized).jpeg3506F042-2C65-40FF-B0EE-1A7E526A7596 (resized).jpeg
#1090 5 years ago

Congratulations and welcome to the club. As JJ will say from time to time, "Here's the headline, horrible pinball player terrorizes arcade". One of my favorite call outs.

#1091 5 years ago

Anyone have settings/LED setups for their spidey (2007) with LED OCD? I just got an LED OCD and honestly, I'm not a huge fan thus far. I've heard great things about LED OCD, so I'm guessing it's just user error. I know it depends on the LEDs you get, and I was planning on re-LEDing the whole thing, so I was wondering what set ups work for everyone else. The issues I'm having:

1) Lag on changing WEB/HERO around with flipper buttons, even with latency of zero.
2) "Shoot again" light doesn't seem as helpful as it did prior to the LED OCD, even with latency of zero. The increasing rate of flashing isn't as obvious and eventually it just looks solid. This is especially difficult with extra ball completed.

I do like the Green Goblin and Doc Ock lights better with LED OCD however. Again, this is probably all user error as everyone seems to love their LED OCD on spidey.

#1092 5 years ago

I just joined club. My sandman plastic is broken and I need to replace. Was thinking to reinforce with metal protector like on smve. Anyone know where it can be purchased?

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

Anyone have settings/LED setups for their spidey (2007) with LED OCD? I just got an LED OCD and honestly, I'm not a huge fan thus far. I've heard great things about LED OCD, so I'm guessing it's just user error. I know it depends on the LEDs you get, and I was planning on re-LEDing the whole thing, so I was wondering what set ups work for everyone else. The issues I'm having:
1) Lag on changing WEB/HERO around with flipper buttons, even with latency of zero.
2) "Shoot again" light doesn't seem as helpful as it did prior to the LED OCD, even with latency of zero. The increasing rate of flashing isn't as obvious and eventually it just looks solid. This is especially difficult with extra ball completed.
I do like the Green Goblin and Doc Ock lights better with LED OCD however. Again, this is probably all user error as everyone seems to love their LED OCD on spidey.

Spider-Man is one of those games that needs a little fettling to make it work better with LED OCD - specifially the 4x coloured Web/Villain inserts & the white arrows (there could be more), but it should still work well out of the box.

You may get more support for the LED OCD on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-led-ocd-tips-tricks-thoughts-and-advice/page/12#post-4783850

And there's a section specifically about Spidey on the LED OCD support pages (scroll down):
http://www.ledocd.com/usage_led.html

The type of bulbs you're using also has an impact - are they non-ghosting? If so, replace them with standard NOT-non-ghosting. I used Comet 2SMD.

By 'latency' do you mean the 'delay' setting to the right of the 8 profiles? I use delay = 1 for SpiderMan, on profile 7 for all bulbs EXCEPT those with dimming. Those bulbs have there own profile - to avoid flicker and keep the 3 brightness levels as distinct as possible - built using the guidance on the LED OCD site.

Don't forget to send your settings over to the Board and then save them!

FYI - i had an LED OCD in Metallica Pro for a while, looked really good - then when i upgraded to Met Premium i felt the flicker/bright lighting was a real backwards step. Huge shame it's not compatible with Premiums!

Screen shot from LED OCD site for reference (not my game):
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I just joined club. My sandman plastic is broken and I need to replace. Was thinking to reinforce with metal protector like on smve. Anyone know where it can be purchased?

You will probably have to call your distro to order the metal piece for you. I had mine order me the metal rails for the sandman and dock ock kick outs since my plastic was old and brittle. As for the Sandman plastic, I got the plastic protector set from pinbits and it protects it along with a bunch of other plastic. Plus it came with the webbies sling protectors.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

The flash rate was the reason I had Herg come over and tune mine. There is a SM setting file for LEDOCD that will likely help you. I am very happy with mine after the adjustments to the settings that are in that file.

I believe I used the Comet 5050 bulbs but I doubt that matters much as long as you don't use non-ghosting bulbs (not sure how they would react).

#1096 5 years ago

Where's the file? I opened the CSV on their website, but the values are blank. The default values on the board have everything the same.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

Where's the file? I opened the CSV on their website, but the values are blank. The default values on the board have everything the same.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tq=&tu=herg

Probably this:
http://www.ledocd.com/software/ledocd_data/

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Spider-Man is one of those games that needs a little fettling to make it work better with LED OCD - specifially the 4x coloured Web/Villain inserts & the white arrows (there could be more), but it should still work well out of the box.
You may get more support for the LED OCD on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-led-ocd-tips-tricks-thoughts-and-advice/page/12#post-4783850
And there's a section specifically about Spidey on the LED OCD support pages (scroll down):
http://www.ledocd.com/usage_led.html
The type of bulbs you're using also has an impact - are they non-ghosting? If so, replace them with standard NOT-non-ghosting. I used Comet 2SMD.
By 'latency' do you mean the 'delay' setting to the right of the 8 profiles? I use delay = 1 for SpiderMan, on profile 7 for all bulbs EXCEPT those with dimming. Those bulbs have there own profile - to avoid flicker and keep the 3 brightness levels as distinct as possible - built using the guidance on the LED OCD site.
Don't forget to send your settings over to the Board and then save them!
FYI - i had an LED OCD in Metallica Pro for a while, looked really good - then when i upgraded to Met Premium i felt the flicker/bright lighting was a real backwards step. Huge shame it's not compatible with Premiums!
Screen shot from LED OCD site for reference (not my game):
[quoted image]

Yeah, I meant delay, my bad there. I have no idea what type of LEDs are on mine now unfortunately. It came partially LEDed and seems kinda piecemeal-ed. My villain inserts look great actually with the default settings and the LED OCD website only focuses on that, not really my HERO/WEB/Shoot again issue unfortunately. I'll order Comets and see where I can get.

And DCFAN, thanks for the link and ridiculously fast response. That linked summary addresses blinking LEDs and the villains, but not really the issue I'm having. I couldn't find another file embedded in the text either. Maybe I'm missing something.

#1099 5 years ago

Alright, I think I got it. I used some of the tricks they used with the villains to fix the majority of the issue. Just went 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 85 with 0 delay on the WEB/HERO and did a 0 0 0 0 50 60 70 85 with 0 delay on the shoot again. Still going to be doing some tinkering, but I think I can get it figured out. Thanks all!

#1100 5 years ago

LEDs are nice and all, but I think the game still shines with all incandescent. Really makes the flashers, doc ock and venom especially, pop when the light shows go off.

P.S. I'm excited to be a part of the Spidey club. Found a nice home use Black Spider-Man from some casual owners who just wanted a pin for their gameroom back in '07. The chrome trim and mirror backglass really stand out on this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
6,775 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Zurich, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.