Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 39 votes
    24%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 87 votes
    54%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 34 votes
    21%

(Multiple choice - 160 votes by 145 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 291 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7D0297EE-84BA-4C64-8359-2CD6F736A81C.jpeg
Capture.PNG
IMG20181222182544 (resized).jpg
Pinbits (resized).jpg
screws (resized).jpg
SM #1 (resized).jpg
SM #2 (resized).jpg
IMG20181119173833 (resized).jpg
20181107_182636 (resized).jpg
20181107_182641 (resized).jpg
20180202_171236 (resized).jpg
IMG_1227 (resized).JPG
IMG20181008170353 (resized).jpg
IMG20181008170411 (resized).jpg
IMG20181008163339 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180930_134142250 (resized).jpg

There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.
#1001 76 days ago

Buy a set of game blade protectors from Pinball Life. I have a set and they work great. A little expensive for what they are, but worth it not to scratch the side cabinet when lifting play field.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#1002 76 days ago
Quoted from Parzival:

#1000th post to celebrate joining the club! Should have a VE coming in the next few days. Don't know too much about it - any suggestions of what I need to do off the bat? Definitely going to add a ColorDMD and stadium lights

Play the hell out of it!!!

#1003 76 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Buy a set of game blade protectors from Pinball Life. I have a set and they work great. A little expensive for what they are, but worth it not to scratch the side cabinet when lifting play field.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

So are these installed each time you want to raise the playfield and lower it. Then you remove the protectors

#1004 76 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

So are these installed each time you want to raise the playfield and lower it. Then you remove the protectors

Yes, they just slide in and slide right back out. As long as you remember to use them it only adds a minute or so to the whole process, including the time to go get the protectors out of storage.

#1005 76 days ago

Exactly what bobukcat said. The hardest part about them is remembering to get them and use them before you start pulling out the play field.

#1006 76 days ago

that is actually really cool, and you only need one set.

#1007 76 days ago

I must be missing something cause anytime I raise/lower my play field nothing touches the sides. It goes up and rests on the head then right back down, not a scratch??

#1008 76 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I must be missing something cause anytime I raise/lower my play field nothing touches the sides. It goes up and rests on the head then right back down, not a scratch??

Consider yourself lucky. I think it's very game specific. I have some games where nothing touches the sides, nice couple mm gap. Other games where it's pretty tight and I've chewed up a few nice inner art blades on the way up or down, that is until I bought these protectors...

#1009 76 days ago

Archived after 9 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Spider-ManArchived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Buyer (Pinsider) never showed up after I held it specifically for him for almost a month turning away other buyers. Won’t make that mistake twice. So SM back on market. Playfie...”
2018-12-17
Montclair, NJ

Any non-Spidey owners that want to join I’ve got a great HUO spiderman I need to move.

#1011 72 days ago

Those are really nice Mikonos. I've seen you post them before and like last time I don't get why you post those additional links? At first, I thought you were sharing your work but they just link to more screenshots/unprintable images.

#1012 72 days ago

Hi Manhattan!

Thanks for your comment!

Good question!

There are 2 reason:

1) I do not give my cards finished to the moment I have it printed in my hands. Meanwhile, I can modify them to get the best print result.

Example: Check my Rules Card and my Score Card from links and from pinside thumbnails in "Fathom Club":

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club/page/10#post-4649979
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club/page/10#post-4666425

For me is easier to replace old version with a new version in my own hosting than create a new post.

2) Avoid overposting. I didn´t know this rules because reason (frequency) is hide. At the start in pinside forum I was moderated for posting 5 times in 14 days twice. Only two post of them had pictures. I avoid to post more that twice every week in a thread.

I will write again next week. My quota is complete now!

You have my positive vote for asking and for feedback!

Best regards

1 week later
#1013 66 days ago

Been playing with a newly purchased 3D printer and made this pumpkin bomb. Hand painted and think will put one on the other side of Mr goblin

IMG20181119173833 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1014 48 days ago

hoping for some advise and/or confirmation. Have purchased a full set of cliffys for my spiderman 2007. The carbon fibre doc ock ring looks like its just sticks onto the playfield and therefore is a little proud on the surface. 1. do I need to raise the magnet level with the cliffy and 2. does the ring being higher than the playfield surface effect shots to the doc ock hole? Is there more lips outs or anything I need to be aware of or need to adjust for?

thank you

#1015 48 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

hoping for some advise and/or confirmation. Have purchased a full set of cliffys for my spiderman 2007. The carbon fibre doc ock ring looks like its just sticks onto the playfield and therefore is a little proud on the surface. 1. do I need to raise the magnet level with the cliffy and 2. does the ring being higher than the playfield surface effect shots to the doc ock hole? Is there more lips outs or anything I need to be aware of or need to adjust for?
thank you

i cleaned the area around the magnet, then peeled off the paper and stuck down. Left my magnet as it was. No adverse effects so far.

Watch out as those CF rings can snap when you're peeling the paper off.

#1016 48 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

thank you

I raised the magnet up over the play field about an 1/8" to guide the protector in place, then made the magnet flush with the protector. I also cut a little piece of mylar to fit in front of the protector so it would be a gradual raise and not as big a bump and have had no problems.

#1017 48 days ago

Thank you very much guys really appreciate the advice

#1018 48 days ago

Since installing the doc cook ring I notice the ball jumps and hits the blue rubber under doc causing it to not register with the opto’s about half the time.....think about removing the ring and going with Mylar

#1019 48 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Since installing the doc cook ring I notice the ball jumps and hits the blue rubber under doc causing it to not register with the opto’s about half the time.....think about removing the ring and going with Mylar

Mine was doing the same thing until I removed the magnet, sanded it smooth and flat, put it back in flush with the ring, and put a tiny piece of mylar in front of the ring.

#1020 48 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Mine was doing the same thing until I removed the magnet, sanded it smooth and flat, put it back in flush with the ring, and put a tiny piece of mylar in front of the ring.

Ill try that! Thx

#1021 48 days ago

Yes got ball hop a lot and made it unplayable in my opinion. Put a piece of mylar in front and solved the issue 99% thanks to advice above

#1022 43 days ago

I just picked up a SM a couple days ago. I removed all the Back Alley mods because I intend to sell them, but I'm not sure what posts are supposed to go where the two remaining holes are ...

SM #1 (resized).jpgSM #2 (resized).jpg
#1023 43 days ago

By the way, if anyone is interested in the Back Alley mods, I have all the buildings, the train, and the Sandman mods. They are all in perfect condition and I am willing to sell the complete set for a very reasonable price. I plan on officially listing them for sale soon, but feel free to PM me if you are interested.

#1024 43 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just picked up a SM a couple days ago. I removed all the Back Alley mods because I intend to sell them, but I'm not sure what posts are supposed to go where the two remaining holes are ...

The installation instructions on the Back Alley site should help you figure out what was originally there.

https://backalleycreations.com/collections/spiderman-pinball-mods/products/full-spider-man-building-set

#1025 43 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The installation instructions on the Back Alley site should help you figure out what was originally there.
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/spiderman-pinball-mods/products/full-spider-man-building-set

Thanks!

#1026 43 days ago

I just realized that I also need a new clear plastic return lane guide. The one on the right side is cracked. Does anyone have a link to this part?

#1027 43 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just realized that I also need a new clear plastic return lane guide. The one on the right side is cracked. Does anyone have a link to this part?

I believe this is what you are looking for (BG5 on page 50 of the SM manual) item 550-5037-01:

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-return-lane-guide.html

#1028 43 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe this is what you are looking for (BG5 on page 50 of the SM manual) item 550-5037-01:
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-return-lane-guide.html

Awesome! I just wish I had realized I needed a new one when I placed a Pinball Life order yesterday ...

#1029 42 days ago

Hello, i recently joined this club. Love the game. I’m looking for a rule sheet and/or a strategy guide. Looked up and down on PINSIDE.

THANKS

#1030 42 days ago

One Google and you will find an excellent write up by Pinball News.

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/spiderman/

#1031 41 days ago
Quoted from Backdoc01:

Hello, i recently joined this club. Love the game. I’m looking for a rule sheet and/or a strategy guide. Looked up and down on PINSIDE.
THANKS

Tilt forums is my go to for rule sheets and tournament strategies.

#1032 39 days ago

All of the Back Alley mods I had for sale are now sold.

#1033 39 days ago

Can anyone confirm if the main wood rail is glued to the playfield or something. I was trying to install a cliffy protector Rhs edge and cannot pry the timber rail away from the playfield. I even removed 4 of the screws holding the rail and the auto kicker mech to see if there were any hidden screws. Anyone else have problems or know of the solution?

#1034 39 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Can anyone confirm if the main wood rail is glued to the playfield or something. I was trying to install a cliffy protector Rhs edge and cannot pry the timber rail away from the playfield. I even removed 4 of the screws holding the rail and the auto kicker mech to see if there were any hidden screws. Anyone else have problems or know of the solution?

I've never seen one glued on a Stern before, but it could be stuck to the playfield. I'm about to install that same Cliffy on mine, so I'll let you know how it goes.

#1035 38 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've never seen one glued on a Stern before, but it could be stuck to the playfield. I'm about to install that same Cliffy on mine, so I'll let you know how it goes.

That would be great to hear how you go. Much appreciated

#1036 38 days ago

You actually have to take the screws off of the bubble level as they are really long and go into the play field. That's what's holding it down along with the screws from the bottom of the play field going up into the rail.

#1037 38 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

You actually have to take the screws off of the bubble level as they are really long and go into the play field. That's what's holding it down along with the screws from the bottom of the play field going up into the rail.

Oh, I just realized he was referring to the right hand side protector. I'm not installing that one, only the left side eject protector. I have installed quite a few on the right, though, and I don't recall ever having to remove the screws from the bubble level.

#1038 38 days ago

All the newer Sterns I have I did not have to, but Spider-Man I did. I remember loosening all the screws on the bottom and the rail would not lift. Looked online and found someone who posted about it before.

#1039 38 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

All the newer Sterns I have I did not have to, but Spider-Man I did. I remember loosening all the screws on the bottom and the rail would not lift. Looked online and found someone who posted about it before.

Excellent will try this. Considered the screws bit thought why would they be so long there's no need and left them. Should have looked regardless when everything was off. I hope you're correct as never had to do this on any other game

#1040 38 days ago

Thank you very much supersquid that did the trick. I should have thought about these but didn't do you saved my life on this one. Thanks again

#1041 38 days ago

No problem. Glad I could help.

#1042 38 days ago

I installed the cliffy on the trough side today, and it was the same thing. I had to loosen these two long screws from the top in order to remove the wood rail ...

screws (resized).jpg
#1043 38 days ago

Forgot about those. Guess they don't want it to go anywhere

#1044 33 days ago

I recently bought a set of plastic protectors from Pinbits and it came with a black foam circle and two red spiders. What are these for, and where are you supposed to install them?

Pinbits (resized).jpg
#1045 33 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I recently bought a set of plastic protectors from Pinbits and it came with a black foam circle and two red spiders. What are these for, and where are you supposed to install them?
[quoted image]

Could be speaker inserts.

Is there two foam discs? Are the spiders smooth?

#1046 33 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Could be speaker inserts.

Is there two foam discs? Are the spiders smooth?

There is just one foam circle. The spiders still have the protective paper on them, but they appear to be smooth translucent red plastic.

#1047 33 days ago

Those look too small to be speaker inserts unless your hand is huge. Are Pinbits still in business? I thought they had closed up shop which would be a shame.

#1048 33 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Those look too small to be speaker inserts unless your hand is huge. Are Pinbits still in business? I thought they had closed up shop which would be a shame.

Yes, the spiders are pretty small. I'd say they're about 1" x 2".
Pinbits is definitely still in business, by the way. I placed my order last week and received it in just a couple days.

#1049 33 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

[quoted image]

Probably 2x speakers inserts, and the black foam is anti-bounceout for doc ock. Don’t ask me how to position it though, because i never got around to installing mine!

#1050 33 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

[quoted image]

Foam for anti bounce back on ock although I dont have an issue so do not have one installed. The spiders I have seen small ones stuck on the web slingers. I have different ones on my game attached there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.95
Machine - For Sale
Singapore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 16.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ringwood, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 63.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside