Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 51.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I think almost all agree that there is little to tweak on the original sounds and call outs. It is my only pin with standard sound.

I agree completely, the callouts from J.K. Simmons are some of the best in any game ever and the custom music is spot-on for pinball. Since all the other clips are from the movie and not voice actors I can't think of much, if anything, I'd want changed.

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I agree completely, the callouts from J.K. Simmons are some of the best in any game ever and the custom music is spot-on for pinball. Since all the other clips are from the movie and not voice actors I can't think of much, if anything, I'd want changed.

Agree. JK Simmons makes this game awesome.
Was excited about the vault until I heard it had different sound.

#954 5 years ago

I’m back in...kind of.

80D924C4-023F-41CB-AD31-BED00AA547A7 (resized).jpeg80D924C4-023F-41CB-AD31-BED00AA547A7 (resized).jpeg

A9311F97-273E-42F3-9A32-87CB097DDA20 (resized).jpegA9311F97-273E-42F3-9A32-87CB097DDA20 (resized).jpeg
#955 5 years ago

My custom Spider man Vault Edition. My game also has all of the callouts from J.K. Simmons. He is the best JJ. I love the comic book look of this game. Custom apron with mirror and blue spider flashers. Game also has pinstadiums with Blue Flasher to make it all tie together. Many hours of work. Few more details and it shall be done.

20180722_181901 (resized).jpg20180722_181901 (resized).jpg20180722_181933 (resized).jpg20180722_181933 (resized).jpg20180722_181951 (resized).jpg20180722_181951 (resized).jpg20180728_172327 (resized).jpg20180728_172327 (resized).jpg
#956 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m back in...kind of.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I can't look at the art on that game and not be transported immediately back to my teenage years. I read every old Spider-Man comic my brothers had dozens of times. I don't think I've ever played that game though, will have to try to change that. Nice looking example right there!

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't think I've ever played that game though, will have to try to

It’s definitely a nice example. I’ve had four or five of them before, but I think this is the nicest one...cabinet, playfield and the whole package. I do love the original Marvel artwork. Every time I sold it I’ve regretted it, even if I have one just to stare at it.

It’s not the most exciting game to play, but has some good shots and it’s designed well. I would definitely suggest throwing a few games up on one next time you come across the game.

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't think I've ever played that game though

#959 5 years ago

Made some new coin door inserts...of course only had two no dome SMD’s left so I’ll have to grab another one for the middle.

D553D1B9-9BFD-403A-B878-5F177C6699F6 (resized).jpegD553D1B9-9BFD-403A-B878-5F177C6699F6 (resized).jpeg
455B4B7E-9BD8-4090-ADC0-6665A02A1B3E (resized).jpeg455B4B7E-9BD8-4090-ADC0-6665A02A1B3E (resized).jpeg

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My custom Spider man Vault Edition. My game also has all of the callouts from J.K. Simmons. He is the best JJ. I love the comic book look of this game. Custom apron with mirror and blue spider flashers. Game also has pinstadiums with Blue Flasher to make it all tie together. Many hours of work. Few more details and it shall be done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That blue armor is awesome!

#961 5 years ago

Thank you

#962 5 years ago

NEW Interactive Spiderman Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=895

- Interactive Shot Map displays shots for the selected rule
- Optimized for Cell Phones

Please check it out

pbz_spiderman (resized).pngpbz_spiderman (resized).png
#963 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

NEW Interactive Spiderman Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=895
- Interactive Shot Map displays shots for the selected rule
- Optimized for Cell Phones
Please check it out[quoted image]

Sorry, not correct for VE.

The villain modes and the timed modes have different names.

The current guide you have fo VE is a copy/paste of SM and incorrect for the VE - although the rules are the same.

#964 5 years ago

My friend has a SM that keeps blowing fuse F7 and I was wondering if there was a common reason for this on SM I can look for. He thought it was a coil problem. Just would like some input before I go over to troubleshoot for him. Thanks in advance

1 week later
#965 5 years ago

Spider-Man Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers are available! We recommend White for this title, (best price) although 8 different colors are available. The white color has a light blue tint when off, and bright white when on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01731-spiderman-lighted-magnetic-hinge-cover-white

Easiest custom mod you'll ever make to your machine, with no permanent changes. Plugs right into your service outlet, with detailed instructions and walk-through videos. Installs in minutes:

hinges line up (resized).jpghinges line up (resized).jpgspiderman hinge cover text (resized).jpgspiderman hinge cover text (resized).jpg
#966 5 years ago

To bad you couldn’t hyphenate Spider-Man like it is on the translite.
Cool mod nonetheless.

#967 5 years ago

So I was playing a few games of Spidey and hit two fast orbits when I nail the third... ball goes airborne towards the orbit for the third time and ends up here... by the way, it was my first ball and almost at extra ball. Things were looking good. The only way to retrieve it is to lift the playfield and let it drop down... ugh!

20180902_224038 (resized).jpg20180902_224038 (resized).jpg
#968 5 years ago

By the way, check this out... look who is the high score #2 on my machine... any guesses? I think it's cool.

20180902_225702 (1) (resized).jpg20180902_225702 (1) (resized).jpg
#969 5 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

By the way, check this out... look who is the high score #2 on my machine... any guesses? I think it's cool.[quoted image]

Robert gagneau.

#970 5 years ago

Winner, winner. Chicken Dinner!
Ya, he comes over to my buddies house to play sometimes and put up his name on most of the machines including the Spider-man I bought from him this spring. When I showed my wife and explained that it was the initials of a World Champion she asked if that's why it cost twice as much as my car? No, but it makes it way cooler I said. "Are you sure?" she replied.

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

Winner, winner. Chicken Dinner!
Ya, he comes over to my buddies house to play sometimes and put up his name on most of the machines including the Spider-man I bought from him this spring. When I showed my wife and explained that it was the initials of a World Champion she asked if that's why it cost twice as much as my car? No, but it makes it way cooler I said. "Are you sure?" she replied.

I've had some top players put initials on my games. I like it because it gives you an incentive to play.... Gotta beat em

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

No, but it makes it way cooler I said. "Are you sure?" she replied.

Classic!!

#973 5 years ago

Well the joke is on her... it costs three times as much as my car

1 week later
#974 5 years ago

Will be joining the club shortly with a last run spiderman red. Just out of curiosity, are any of the ve toys compatible with the movie game or are the fittings different?

#975 5 years ago

So close to being lucky....

20180906_212552 (resized).jpg20180906_212552 (resized).jpg
#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

So close to being lucky....
[quoted image]

Nice!! And i had a different kind of luck over the weekend. Original owner HUO with very few plays.

1291F6B7-CB37-494F-A2C4-53A3078261F4 (resized).jpeg1291F6B7-CB37-494F-A2C4-53A3078261F4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#978 5 years ago

#979 5 years ago

I joined the club today. I've only played SM a few times before bringing this home so I'm really looking forward to learning it.

IMG_20180930_134142250 (resized).jpgIMG_20180930_134142250 (resized).jpg
#980 5 years ago

Congratulations on your new pin. It is one of my favorites that I have played. Seems kinda simple, but once you go for all the modes and get to super hero, it's a different animal. That is unless you have more skill than me which would be a low bar to clear. I have made it to super hero a few times, but never able to complete it. JK Simmons callouts are some of the best, and if you like the movies, they implemented it very well into the game, which is why I got the 2007 version instead of the vault. LED OCD is a must if you have led's in it. Good luck and have fun

#981 5 years ago

installed a genuine stern rev A shaker on my spiderman 2009 build. only connected the shaker motor cable and the 7 pin connector from the cabinet loom and the shaker does not function. It is turned on in diags as moderate.

I then connected the J16 jumper cable that provides the J3 ground trap cabling and connected it to the shaker pcb as well as the filter pcg to the I/O pcb upper switch connector as this is where it connected to my metallica.

turned on and get searching 'pinball missing' error. Tested trough etc and all fine. Removed the J3 ground trap plug still the error, removed the filter pcb still the error. I then disconnected the J16 connector and put back the original one and the error is gone, plays fine but of course no shaker motor action.

any ideas please

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

installed a genuine stern rev A shaker on my spiderman 2009 build. only connected the shaker motor cable and the 7 pin connector from the cabinet loom and the shaker does not function. It is turned on in diags as moderate.
I then connected the J16 jumper cable that provides the J3 ground trap cabling and connected it to the shaker pcb as well as the filter pcg to the I/O pcb upper switch connector as this is where it connected to my metallica.
turned on and get searching 'pinball missing' error. Tested trough etc and all fine. Removed the J3 ground trap plug still the error, removed the filter pcb still the error. I then disconnected the J16 connector and put back the original one and the error is gone, plays fine but of course no shaker motor action.
any ideas please

If I remember correctly, you need a Rev B shaker.

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If I remember correctly, you need a Rev B shaker.

was told by stern supplier this shaker will work. By the way, does Stern make a Rev B shaker or is it only by aftermarket guys. My supplier has said Stern told him Rev A is their latest version for SAM. I'm so confused with this rev A and B stuff, just can't seem to get a straight answer. Thanks

#984 5 years ago

Could someone download a photo of a Stern Rev B pcb please. I can't seem to find one to compare with what I have

#985 5 years ago

One other note about Spider-man, the connector for the shaker is on the left sidewall of the cabinet in the wire bundle not far from the subwoofer but closer to the front.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Could someone download a photo of a Stern Rev B pcb please. I can't seem to find one to compare with what I have

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

See this page about Rev A not working:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/116

#987 5 years ago

I installed a Rev B shaker into my Spidey a few weeks ago and it works great. I did have one small problem with the molex connector on install though... The molex on the shaker had a pin plug (knockout) in the wrong spot so it wouldn't hook up to the games existing shaker molex. Simple fix, just pop out the tiny pin plug and then they can go together. Not sure if this problem was a one-off but I thought I'd mention it if the problem is on other units.

By the way, when I first installed it and started playing I thought that maybe I hadn't done it right since there was no shaking. Nope, I just wasn't hitting enough good shots. Once I started a few ramp combos etc she kicked in and worked well. In fact I really like that it doesn't shake too much so that when it does you know your doing things right.

#988 5 years ago

Looks like I may be on trouble then if shaker rev a is not compatible. Wonder why stern then persist with it or list it as being compatible

1 week later
#989 5 years ago

Well did a little research online and found that the problem could be a grounding issue. So I made my own J3 Ground Tap cable and connected the lug end to a ground braid and the shaking began. All fixed See photos

IMG20181008163339 (resized).jpgIMG20181008163339 (resized).jpgIMG20181008170353 (resized).jpgIMG20181008170353 (resized).jpgIMG20181008170411 (resized).jpgIMG20181008170411 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#990 5 years ago

Just wondering, the speaker panel on spidey red is a boring black. Are there speaker decals for this game and if so which address the best quality, looks and easy to install

#991 5 years ago

You can either do the back alley creations speaker panels which are not decals but complete speaker panels, or you can do the decal from Pingraffix which is what I did. You can get it here: https://www.pingraffix.com/spiderman

IMG_1227 (resized).JPGIMG_1227 (resized).JPG
#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

You can either do the back alley creations speaker panels which are not decals but complete speaker panels, or you can do the decal from Pingraffix which is what I did. You can get it here: https://www.pingraffix.com/spiderman
[quoted image]

Thanks very much

#993 5 years ago

I'm obviously really bored at work, because i just noticed the official Stern Spider-Man promo video from their website shows a [badly] LED'd game... not the incandescent bulbs it was released with, at least for the inserts anyway.

Cool white/blue LEDs under the white inserts? Blinky strobing shitness? No Ta.

Thank [insert your deity's name here] for Comet & LED OCD! Or just regular bulbs - whatever floats your boat. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/spiderman/spider-man

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Just wondering, the speaker panel on spidey red is a boring black. Are there speaker decals for this game and if so which address the best quality, looks and easy to install

I got this one from a guy in Oz on Aussie Arcade. It's a decal which went on pretty easily - I've had a few off him for LOTR, Xmen as well. Not sure if he still has/does them.. https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/84266-Stern-speaker-panel-decal?highlight=Stern+speaker+decal

20180202_171236 (resized).jpg20180202_171236 (resized).jpg
#995 5 years ago

Thanks will do. As far as install goes, did you have to take the panel apart to do the job and did you install via the wet method

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thanks will do. As far as install goes, did you have to take the panel apart to do the job and did you install via the wet method

I used the wet method, worked well for me.

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I'm obviously really bored at work, because i just noticed the official Stern Spider-Man promo video from their website shows a [badly] LED'd game... not the incandescent bulbs it was released with, at least for the inserts anyway.
Cool white/blue LEDs under the white inserts? Blinky strobing shitness? No Ta.
Thank [insert your deity's name here] for Comet & LED OCD! Or just regular bulbs - whatever floats your boat. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/spiderman/spider-man

Good catch on the flickering LEDs. That is terrible. SM came out before LEDOCD was in existence. I guess Stern did not think anybody would notice for their promo video.

1 week later
#998 5 years ago

It's hard to get photos to show how nice these look. I'm trying the new mirrored game blades by Tilt Graphics.

20181107_182636 (resized).jpg20181107_182636 (resized).jpg20181107_182641 (resized).jpg20181107_182641 (resized).jpg
#999 5 years ago

be careful with those. had on my TRON, but the vinyl artwork sections started scratching off from lifting playfield. actually pulled them out and removed all the artwork for traditional mirrors. at least i was able to do that.

#1000 5 years ago

#1000th post to celebrate joining the club! Should have a VE coming in the next few days. Don't know too much about it - any suggestions of what I need to do off the bat? Definitely going to add a ColorDMD and stadium lights

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/20?hl=db666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.