Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 51.
#901 5 years ago

Check out my sweet, new topper. Hand carved by an artisan in Denmark from a single block of plastic!

20180707_094621 (resized).jpg20180707_094621 (resized).jpg
#902 5 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Check out my sweet, new topper. Hand carved by an artisan in Denmark from a single block of plastic!

I'd buy that for a dollar.

#903 5 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Pretty sweet... Don't ever Lego of that! It's a keeper.

#904 5 years ago

Just got my Spidey web plastics in from the EBay link above.
They are very well made and even come with screws and nylon lock nuts.
You will still need your own little L-brackets from the originals or purchase your own.
You can get any colors you like on any plastic.
I opted for red for the shooter lane and behind Doc Oc. And yellow for behind Sandman.
Also they are packaged very nicely.
I will post photos when I have time to install.

8684DBBB-36E9-4D3B-8AD0-A67A5B503AE9 (resized).jpeg8684DBBB-36E9-4D3B-8AD0-A67A5B503AE9 (resized).jpegFC17DB72-FAD9-42D2-B166-31D9C462E6A5 (resized).jpegFC17DB72-FAD9-42D2-B166-31D9C462E6A5 (resized).jpeg
#905 5 years ago

Got my missing web plastic installed by the shooter lane. Just had to punch out the rivets on the old L-brackets.
However 10 points off for the manufacturer packing in slotted screw heads. Arrrrgh, how do you even find slotted screws in this day and age?

Now for the other two plastics the brackets are welded to the ramps so I guess I would have to drill out the rivets, which is a lot of tedious work. Will probably put that off for awhile.

3B444E12-37D1-44AF-9F1C-8E791055D91A (resized).jpeg3B444E12-37D1-44AF-9F1C-8E791055D91A (resized).jpegBFFC5E15-F8DE-49C7-900E-F56516FAD629 (resized).jpegBFFC5E15-F8DE-49C7-900E-F56516FAD629 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#907 5 years ago

A few months ago I was looking at pinball stuff on eBay and ran across these super detailed Spider-man figurines. They are 1:10 scale (about the same as Venom and Sandman) and are finished in the same style as the regular toys. They are from a Japanese firm called Kotobukiya who are well known for making very detailed figurines and are about $50 each. I attached them with heavy duty double sided 3M automotive tape. They look good, don't interfere with anything and add more depth and color to the experience.

IMG_8767 (resized).JPGIMG_8767 (resized).JPGIMG_8773 (resized).JPGIMG_8773 (resized).JPGIMG_8777 (resized).JPGIMG_8777 (resized).JPGIMG_8784 (resized).JPGIMG_8784 (resized).JPG

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from Evitzee:

A few months ago I was looking at pinball stuff on eBay and ran across these super detailed Spider-man figurines. They are 1:10 scale (about the same as Venom and Sandman) and are finished in the same style as the regular toys. They are from a Japanese firm called Kotobukiya who are well known for making very detailed figurines and are about $50 each. I attached them with heavy duty double sided 3M automotive tape. They look good, don't interfere with anything and add more depth and color to the experience.

web link?

#909 5 years ago

Pun..... Heh

#910 5 years ago

I wondered if anybody would get it....
You, sir, get the stogie

#911 5 years ago

Joined the club last night had to set it up at the rental (can't wait to be back in my house and game room!) little man loves it! First move is to ditch the cool white LED's probably add a shaker soon also.

Milesspiderman (resized).jpgMilesspiderman (resized).jpg
#912 5 years ago

shaker is always a good move. what are you replacing the LED's with?

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Joined the club last night had to set it up at the rental (can't wait to be back in my house and game room!) little man loves it! First move is to ditch the cool white LED's probably add a shaker soon also.

Take a look at Comet's sunlight LEDs for the GI. I put them in my old SM and they looked amazing. Warmer without being as yellow as bulbs. Good stuff!

#914 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

shaker is always a good move. what are you replacing the LED's with?

Either incandescent or warm white LED the cool whites just wash out all the play field colors.

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Take a look at Comet's sunlight LEDs for the GI. I put them in my old SM and they looked amazing. Warmer without being as yellow as bulbs. Good stuff!

Bingo.
We use Comet sunlight for almost everything. Not to blue and not to yellow.

#916 5 years ago

Anybody know if there are any 555's used in the GI or all 44's?

#917 5 years ago

gi and flashers are bayonets. everything else is wedge, i believe.

spotlights are wedge.

#918 5 years ago

please don't use incandescents.

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Found a pic of my old machine with the Sunlight 2smbs. Pretty much the perfect light in my opinion...

9f4d09a9eee7d46e6d2c36efd1518ad28f48419a (resized).jpg9f4d09a9eee7d46e6d2c36efd1518ad28f48419a (resized).jpg
#920 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Found a pic of my old machine with the Sunlight 2smbs. Pretty much the perfect light in my opinion...

Looks great.

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

please don't use incandescents.

Why not, that's what it had originally from Stern?

#922 5 years ago

and now stern uses LED's. what's that tell you?

#923 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

and now stern uses LED's. what's that tell you?

It tells me that Stern now uses LEDs, doesn't mean they're always better. Their new cabinets sure as hell aren't better than they used to be.

#924 5 years ago

stern is cheap. i think we call can agree there. incandescents are cheaper than LED's, but they still chose to switch. i would think they had to have had some very good reasons to do so.

if you don't have a strong preference in appearance, LED's are the easy choice is all i'm saying.

#925 5 years ago

So finally got some time to look my game over good news is it has the LED OCD board and the shaker installed bad news is I didn't realize it had a shaker because I've never noticed it working, game is running 2.61 code is there somewhere in the settings I missed to able/disable the shaker?

#926 5 years ago

Found it in the settings I must have just scrolled past it last night.

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Got my missing web plastic installed by the shooter lane. Just had to punch out the rivets on the old L-brackets.
However 10 points off for the manufacturer packing in slotted screw heads. Arrrrgh, how do you even find slotted screws in this day and age?
Now for the other two plastics the brackets are welded to the ramps so I guess I would have to drill out the rivets, which is a lot of tedious work. Will probably put that off for awhile.

This is why I haven't ordered them. It looks like a major pita to drill out the rivets, etc. They do look nice though.

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Where do those web plastics under the slingshots come from? I like the clear ones instead of the colored in most games.

#929 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Where do those web plastics under the slingshots come from? I like the clear ones instead of the colored in most games.

Pinbits. They are subtly blue, but do not wash out the color on the plastics like most colored protectors do.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_45&products_id=384&zenid=c87a46552cc929c82b51dbba575cb949

#930 5 years ago

love my webs. get em. i'm just a big proponent of plastic protectors, period.

#931 5 years ago
IMAG1011[1] (resized).jpgIMAG1011[1] (resized).jpg
1 week later
#933 5 years ago

Joined the club 6 months ago with a 2007 version. Put in LED OCD, led lights, new ramps, webbies protectors, red flippers with blue rubber, little figures, and more. What a great game.

IMG_1217 (resized).JPGIMG_1217 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1222 (resized).JPGIMG_1222 (resized).JPGIMG_1223 (resized).JPGIMG_1223 (resized).JPGIMG_1224 (resized).JPGIMG_1224 (resized).JPGIMG_1225 (resized).JPGIMG_1225 (resized).JPGIMG_1227 (resized).JPGIMG_1227 (resized).JPG
#934 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Joined the club 6 months ago with a 2007 version. Put in LED OCD, led lights, new ramps, webbies protectors, red flippers with blue rubber, little figures, and more. What a great game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! You have more switch cliffy’s on that SM than I think i have on all my games put together!! Nearly every switch protected against impacts from above. Do you find the top right orbit cliffys affect the ball during a skill shot to the third (top right) flipper?

#935 5 years ago

Yeah, I kinda went overboard on those, but figured I wanted to keep the game protected as much as possible. I have had no problems with the orb shots at all.

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Yeah, I kinda went overboard on those, but figured I wanted to keep the game protected as much as possible. I have had no problems with the orb shots at all.

i understand your intent & can only endorse the game preservation instinct

I tend to use those particular protectors on any ball-drops directly over switches. Like the left inlane on TZ and both inlanes on Tron, as examples.

Each to their own of course!

#937 5 years ago

yeah, a little overkill, but we won't hold it against you. enjoy.

#938 5 years ago

I hear ya. Wasn't going to do as much as I did, but as my wife would say, the ocd in me kicked in. Was just going to do the high traffic areas, but didn't like the look with only the drop lanes and orbits covered. Looked a little off to me and figured it couldn't hurt to have them.

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.
Who sells the Spider-Man Eye slingshot covers?

#940 5 years ago

I made them myself. Couldn't stand looking at Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst and couldn't find any to buy that I liked.

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I made them myself. Couldn't stand looking at Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst and couldn't find any to buy that I liked.

Awesome. They look great.
All I could find were the actors and webbing.
Yours are much better

#942 5 years ago

Thank you very much. I like the way the turned out. Much better than the others. I saw a pair of eyes on someone else's, but the guy didn't sell them anymore, so I decided to give it a shot.

#943 5 years ago

Has anyone a Costum Sound or Animations made with Pinball Browser???

#946 5 years ago

I think almost all agree that there is little to tweak on the original sounds and call outs. It is my only pin with standard sound.

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Nice.
Who sells the Spider-Man Eye slingshot covers?

I really wish someone would make more of these. I personally like the original "eye" plastics, one red and one black. I don't have the tools or the talent but id pay $50 for a set.

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I really wish someone would make more of these. I personally like the original "eye" plastics, one red and one black. I don't have the tools or the talent but id pay $50 for a set.

I contacted the guy that made those, but he responded back saying he wasn't making them anymore. Hence, I had to make my own.

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I contacted the guy that made those, but he responded back saying he wasn't making them anymore. Hence, I had to make my own.

I think yours look great too but I'm big on the black/red split for the whole game. Id buy a set of yours, if its red on the left, black on the right. $50? I know others would buy them too...

#950 5 years ago

I just did it for fun. First time I had done something like this. If I do decide to make some more, I will definitely let you know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/19?hl=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.