Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 51.
#701 6 years ago

Thanks, Doc Oc didn't fail once this evening (but I was awful, so hardly hit it - for some reason even backhand was way off as I kept hitting the upper flipper!), but I spoke too soon on the spinner, definitely needs moving again, so I'll be trying that tomorrow.

The buzz isn't doing any harm though whilst I'm holding the flipper in the up position? I've seen a few (old) posts where fuses blowing was mentioned

Still can't figure if I get to switch #22 from above or below - I can see it on the drawing but can't find a switch there

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Thanks, Doc Oc didn't fail once this evening (but I was awful, so hardly hit it - for some reason even backhand was way off as I kept hitting the upper flipper!), but I spoke too soon on the spinner, definitely needs moving again, so I'll be trying that tomorrow.
The buzz isn't doing any harm though whilst I'm holding the flipper in the up position? I've seen a few (old) posts where fuses blowing was mentioned
Still can't figure if I get to switch #22 from above or below - I can see it on the drawing but can't find a switch there

Remove the apron (the metal piece that has the instruction and pricing cards inserted in it). Then you will be abe to see the trough switches. A clean of the optos and reseat of the connectors (with the power OFF) will usually sort it.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Remove the apron (the metal piece that has the instruction and pricing cards inserted in it). Then you will be abe to see the trough switches. A clean of the optos and reseat of the connectors (with the power OFF) will usually sort it.

Thanks, service alert on Switch #22 is now gone!

Doc Oc eject seems fine when the machine starts up, but if its been on for an hour or so and I've played for a while (say 30min playtime) then it seems to start failing. The ball makes it to the top of the slinger, and then falls down onto the playfield. I can't find that it is misaligned and running my finger around it I can't find any obstructions.

Should the machine keep the correct date/time when it is turned off? Probably a really dumb question, but if it is off for a couple of days, the clock seems to stay where it was (eg yesterday when I turned it on it had 1st August as the date as I last played on Tuesday). Not sure if it has an RTC, suggesting the battery is dead, or whether that's normal?

Sorry for so many questions!

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Thanks, service alert on Switch #22 is now gone!
Doc Oc eject seems fine when the machine starts up, but if its been on for an hour or so and I've played for a while (say 30min playtime) then it seems to start failing. The ball makes it to the top of the slinger, and then falls down onto the playfield. I can't find that it is misaligned and running my finger around it I can't find any obstructions.
Should the machine keep the correct date/time when it is turned off? Probably a really dumb question, but if it is off for a couple of days, the clock seems to stay where it was (eg yesterday when I turned it on it had 1st August as the date as I last played on Tuesday). Not sure if it has an RTC, suggesting the battery is dead, or whether that's normal?
Sorry for so many questions!

Yes there is a battery on the cpu board. It is easily changed. It is a CR2430 battery. Now you can change it with the power on but be very careful not to drop it or short out anything on the board while doing the swap. If you do it with the power off you will effectively factory reset the game losing all high scores and settings.
Now regarding your Doc Ock VUK (vertical up kicker) I would suggest that the VUK mech might need cleaning. The coil sleeve and plunger are probably dirty.
DO IT WITH THE POWER OFF !
Take the balls out of the game and lift the playfield, you should see the mechanism to the right. Take plenty of photos so you know how to reassemble it.
DON'T overtighten the screws when you screw it back in place.

#705 6 years ago

I bought everything to do the spider sense exit to shooter lane mod but just haven't had the time this summer. I still think this is one of Sterns best. I can make it to Super Hero but have not beat it yet. One of these days!

#706 6 years ago

I just got my first SM. Outlane posts are all the way down. What were factory settings? I got to Battle Royal on my first real game. My other pins are TWD and IM. They kick my ass all the time. I picked up SM to have a pin with longer ball times, but I still want it to be somewhat of a challenge. Any particular settings you guys recommend?

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I just got my first SM. Outlane posts are all the way down. What were factory settings? I got to Battle Royal on my first real game. My other pins are TWD and IM. They kick my ass all the time. I picked up SM to have a pin with longer ball times, but I still want it to be somewhat of a challenge. Any particular settings you guys recommend?

2nd from easiest is factory. Remove the center drain save post. And if you want to go even more hardcore install lightning flippers.

#708 6 years ago

Yeah between center post and outlane posts set to lowest position it felt like the ball would never drain! I'm gonna widen out lanes. I mistakenly ordered thin/narrow super bands for flippers from marcospecialties awhile ago. They don't stick out as far as standard flipper bands. I'm gonna throw those on before I try lightening flippers.

The only other thing I worry about is This pin has LEDs everywhere including inserts. But it doesn't have LED OCD installed. I've read a lot about the Villian inserts not fading correctly without LED OCD and that it is important to game plaY. I was gonna throw in some incandescents just to see what I'm missing. Is it just the 4 villian inserts (venom, sandman, green goblin and doc Ock) that I need to worry about??

#709 6 years ago

You need to worry about the fade effect on the white inserts. When you assign 2x to that shot it will be lit dim and when that shot is 3x it will be brightly lit.

The villain inserts aren't that important as there is other places on the playfield that indicate what level you are on.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

You need to worry about the fade effect on the white inserts. When you assign 2x to that shot it will be lit dim and when that shot is 3x it will be brightly lit.
The villain inserts aren't that important as there is other places on the playfield that indicate what level you are on.

LEDOCD will allow you to see the fade effects and different brightness levels of the 2X and 3X multipliers.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

BR isn't really that hard to get to, Super Hero and beating it is a whole different (pin)ballgame!

#712 6 years ago

I will say these thinner flipper rubbers seem to be doing the trick. I felt like nothing could get by the normal flipper rubbers with the center post. I put the thinner ones on and opened up the outlanes and the game is kickin my ass. It may not seem like much but the thinner flipper rubbers allow more balls to slip by. Here's a pic of the difference between normal and thin. It may not seem like much but it makes a difference.

IMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPG

IMG_1985 (resized).JPGIMG_1985 (resized).JPG

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I will say these thinner flipper rubbers seem to be doing the trick. I felt like nothing could get by the normal flipper rubbers with the center post. I put the thinner ones on and opened up the outlanes and the game is kickin my ass. It may not seem like much but the thinner flipper rubbers allow more balls to slip by. Here's a pic of the difference between normal and thin. It may not seem like much but it makes a difference.

Where did you buy the thinner ones? Do they last?

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Wow, it makes it look like a completely different game!!!

#715 6 years ago

I'm looking to leave the club if anyone wants to join!

Machine - For Sale
Spider-Man Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Selling my beautiful 2007 HUO Spiderman. I'd rate it a 9.9/10. Check out the shooter lane, Dock Ock magnet, and Dock Ock hole. It has the following mods: -Shaker Motor -All LEDs...”
2017-08-01
Sioux Falls, SD
5,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 918 times

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm looking to leave the club if anyone wants to join!

Machine - For Sale
Spider-ManHome Used Only (HUO) “Selling my beautiful 2007 HUO Spiderman. I'd rate it a 9.9/10. Check out the shooter lane, Dock Ock magnet, and Dock Ock hole.

It has the following mods:
-Shaker Motor
-All LEDs...”
8 days ago Otsego, MN 5,500 (Firm)
Pinitration

Nice looking machine. Hope someone can snap it up on here and enjoy this great game!

#717 6 years ago

I tried with the center post removed but put it back after a bit, I was so used to having it there. Not like I'm a great player but I'd widen the out lane and maybe try the thinner rubber on the flippers.

#718 6 years ago

The game plays long, but I enjoy it so much I am not changing a thing.

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I tried with the center post removed but put it back after a bit, I was so used to having it there. Not like I'm a great player but I'd widen the out lane and maybe try the thinner rubber on the flippers.

We keep the center post out Rai.
As well as turn off extra balls.
If we did not my son would always have a hour game on it.
Perils of living with a double state champion.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How long did you go without the center post. There's gonna be a learning curve. Can't take training wheels and not be expected to fall, nor should you turn around and put the training wheels back on after falling.

I'd almost argue opening the outlanes wide open on this pin makes it harder than removing the center post. Those slings love to shoot the ball right at the outlanes.

Pick your poison I guess. I prefer battling flipper saves rather than outlane nudge saves.

#721 6 years ago

My SMVE has metal side rails and the ball seems to hit the rail and its just dead with no bounce and it drops straight down the outlane.

Even makes an annoying thud.

1 month later
#722 6 years ago

Anyone know of a callout modification for SM VE? Would love to get a version with some of the better SM lines integrated.

1 week later
#723 6 years ago

My SM was made in 2010, when I'm told Stern did a run of 60 machines. Can anyone tell me what differences were made to this run? I only know of the webbed side rails. Thanks.

#724 6 years ago

Picked this bad boy up recently......loaded with every mode made almost lol20170930_015414 (resized).jpg20170930_015414 (resized).jpg20170930_173932 (resized).jpg20170930_173932 (resized).jpg20170930_174004 (resized).jpg20170930_174004 (resized).jpg

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Picked this bad boy up recently......loaded with every mode made almost lol

Chrome looks really nice!

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Chrome looks really nice!

Yea its sharp...

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I bought everything to do the spider sense exit to shooter lane mod but just haven't had the time this summer. I still think this is one of Sterns best. I can make it to Super Hero but have not beat it yet. One of these days!

Whats the spider sence mod?

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Whats the spider sence mod?

lets the under the flipper shot exit to the shooter lane (like on ST)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-spider-sense-lane-exit-to-shooter-lane

#729 6 years ago

Interesting....

#730 6 years ago

Sm is now my favorite stern pin.... glad i gave it a,shot

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My favorite Stern also. Just good, balanced pinball with so many feel good shots. Has some of the smoothest shots around.

Was definitely a "why did I not pick this up years earlier" pin.

#732 6 years ago

Modified the backbox of a customer's bsm, huge difference. The original looks it's barely on.

20171009_104731 (resized).jpg20171009_104731 (resized).jpg

20171009_111153 (resized).jpg20171009_111153 (resized).jpg

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Modified the backbox of a customer's bsm, huge difference. The original looks it's barely on.
» YouTube video

Holy color-bomb skittles-man!

1 month later
#734 6 years ago

we will do a group order of some Spiderman (not the vault) stainless steel speakerpanels

if you are interested send me a PM price is 85 euro + 25 shipping (up to 3)

looks fantastic with el paper behind

b47790408a6cccd3571f423b452110c2b5f1a4b9 (resized).jpgb47790408a6cccd3571f423b452110c2b5f1a4b9 (resized).jpg

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine too

#736 6 years ago

question: when you get double X-way combo, what does that mean? Been awhile since I've gotten a HS on my SMVE but did it just the other day with a double 12-way combo. My best guess is that means I performed a 12-way combo twice in one game. Which would mean double X-way combo takes your highest combo achieved that game and if you Can match that combo in the same game, it's double? That right?

#737 6 years ago

C27E97A7-D0D0-4A72-8FCD-BB9323C2EE67 (resized).jpegC27E97A7-D0D0-4A72-8FCD-BB9323C2EE67 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
1 week later
#739 6 years ago

What ever happened to the Total lightshow upgrade for SM. It is still going to happen?

1 week later
#740 6 years ago

Does anyone have a extra Doc Ock webslinger front guide plastic they would sell. I think the rear one will fit also.

20171225_124028 (resized).jpg20171225_124028 (resized).jpg

#742 6 years ago

SM is coming back in!!! After trading it out - I was missing it too much and in a small collection games that get boring or no play get moved. So it's "Welcome Back, Spidey!". Glad to be back in the club and hopefully, will hold onto it for awhile this time.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

SM is coming back in!!! After trading it out - I was missing it too much and in a small collection games that get boring or no play get moved. So it's "Welcome Back, Spidey!". Glad to be back in the club and hopefully, will hold onto it for awhile this time.

I promise I am not following you.

Spider Man is awesome! Can't imagine it leaving me.

Also is a nine game collection really a small collection?

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I promise I am not following you.
Spider Man is awesome! Can't imagine it leaving me.
Also is a nine game collection really a small collection?

Spidey is coming back and TF LE Autobot #4 is out the door...

#745 6 years ago

That would work but still need the metal 90 degree brackets that rivet to plastics and screw on guide.

1 week later
#746 6 years ago

The spotlight lamp for the green goblin spotlight has fallen out several times now and want to know a better way for the lamp to stay in place. This last time, I wasn’t there and ended up finding the lamp jammed in my ball trough because the game couldn’t locate the balls. Some have used hot glue but really don’t want to go there, other options?

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The spotlight lamp for the green goblin spotlight has fallen out several times now and want to know a better way for the lamp to stay in place. This last time, I wasn’t there and ended up finding the lamp jammed in my ball trough because the game couldn’t locate the balls. Some have used hot glue but really don’t want to go there, other options?

Assuming you have leds, bend the leads out, wrap electrical tape around the bulb base one time, bend the leads back in place, install bulb. The tape tightens up the bulb in the socket.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Assuming you have leds, bend the leads out, wrap electrical tape around the bulb base one time, bend the leads back in place, install bulb. The tape tightens up the bulb in the socket.

Ahhhhh!
Love this simple fix!
Thank you. I too have been having my leds fall out of the goblin and Venom spotlight.

#749 6 years ago

would do a re-run for a friend, but we would need 5 orders min.

Price $ 99,-
standard shipping to USA $ 42,-
mounted at a wood plate to prevent bending
delivery time normally about 2-3 weeks

b47790408a6cccd3571f423b452110c2b5f1a4b9 (resized).jpgb47790408a6cccd3571f423b452110c2b5f1a4b9 (resized).jpg

#750 6 years ago

Just joined the club last night, my first Newish game as well as first Stern. Only has 22 plays on it! Great deal I believe. Previous owner installed Color DMD, Flipper Fidelity Speakers, flipper bat graphics. Will get to play it tonight after work, got it home around 11pm last knight. Much lighter carrying this up the stairs than my older Williams games, thankfully!

Stern (resized).jpgStern (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/15?hl=cyberkryten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.