Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 51.
#1 10 years ago

Can't believe this hasn't been started before! Get those pics up!

#2 10 years ago

SM seems to be trending a bit on the back of the comparisons with ST. Personally I would like to own both, but have hit the wife-limit. Every time I consider trading Spidey to get ST I think no way..he's not going anywhere! Then he hands me my butt on a plate..usually with DO tripled and BR ready to start..I love him.

#4 10 years ago

O dear. Count me as the idiot then. Only looked under the clubs. Should have searched a bit deeper. How embarrassing. Like I said.. Couldn't believe it.

Anyway on a parting note then.. Goodbye Mylar helloooo Cliffy.. tmp_20131202_201812-926688383.jpgtmp_20131202_201812-926688383.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Pics.
CIMG5117.JPGCIMG5117.JPG

spdrmn 008.jpgspdrmn 008.jpg

spdrmn 004.jpgspdrmn 004.jpg

#6 10 years ago

I never had mylar around my Doc Ock magnet when I got my HUO SM and when I my friend was ordering Cliffys for his METPro I saw those magnet area protectors so asked him to order me one too. Here are pics of mine which I initially started out with mirror blades from DRANO and then later I picked up the BAC buildings and subway from a fellow pinsider who sold his SM.

SM1.jpgSM1.jpg
SM2.jpgSM2.jpg
SM3.jpgSM3.jpg
SM4.jpgSM4.jpg

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Can't believe this hasn't been started before! Get those pics up!

Great idea!
I was gonna get a thread goin after you mentioned it in my LED post.

#8 10 years ago

mannnnn where can I get that magnet hole protector ! pm me please.

#9 10 years ago

Here is the restoration thread for my Spidey. It just got a sub attached last night and now rocks the house.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-blackened-edition-a-restoration-journey/

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

mannnnn where can I get that magnet hole protector ! pm me please.

If you check on Cliffy's website under Metallica you can see the magnet protectors there.

http://passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

Send him an email and he will take care of you: [email protected]

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

If you check on Cliffy's website under Metallica you can see the magnet protectors there.
http://passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm
Send him an email and he will take care of you: [email protected]

Are all the stern magnets the same size looking for protectors for star trek le

#12 10 years ago

The magnet protectors are a great idea. Cliffy for president!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

Are all the stern magnets the same size looking for protectors for star trek le

Yup, my friend put the same protectors on his XM Pro too.

#14 10 years ago

Here are some pics of mine .....

image-990.jpgimage-990.jpg
image-315.jpgimage-315.jpg

image-193.jpgimage-193.jpg image-945.jpgimage-945.jpg image-689.jpgimage-689.jpg
#15 10 years ago

Here is a couple of mods I have done to mine
sm4-191.jpgsm4-191.jpg
sm1-880.jpgsm1-880.jpg
sm5-25.jpgsm5-25.jpg
sm2-912.jpgsm2-912.jpg
sm3-211.jpgsm3-211.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Here is a pic of my best score on Spidey
At least a 45 minute game,what a blast.SM 1 Billion 007.jpgSM 1 Billion 007.jpg

#17 10 years ago

#19 10 years ago

Were your guys original plastics riveted in to where you had to drill them out? Just curious if it's that way on all of them.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Were your guys original plastics riveted in to where you had to drill them out? Just curious if it's that way on all of them.

Yes, you have to drill out the rivets, the red one can go over the clear using the two flasher dome screws to secure it.

#21 10 years ago

Just got my email confirmation that Cliff got my SM protector set in the mail!
Does the Doc Ock ring affect play at all? Air balls or hang ups?

edit - PS why can't I quote pictures? Is there some new fangled code I don't know about?

#22 10 years ago

Wow Pingod! That's some serious work! Good job

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Here is a pic of my best score on Spidey
At least a 45 minute game,what a blast.

SM 1 Billion 007.jpg 130 KB

Crazy..... I can't even get my name on the board

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Crazy..... I can't even get my name on the board

Practice,practice and practice some more
Love the game,when your making the shots.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Just got my email confirmation that Cliff got my SM protector set in the mail!
Does the Doc Ock ring affect play at all? Air balls or hang ups?
edit - PS why can't I quote pictures? Is there some new fangled code I don't know about?

Doc Ock cliffy has no adverse affects. You don't notice it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#26 10 years ago

Whats the deal with the red spider arrows?
Ive noticed that part way through a game theyre all lit up solid and as i burn through them they go unlit.
Am i in some mini mode or something?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Whats the deal with the red spider arrows?
Ive noticed that part way through a game theyre all lit up solid and as i burn through them they go unlit.
Am i in some mini mode or something?

They light for each major shot when you end a white mode (win or lose I think)...I don't remember if they light after villain fights, but I think they do there as well. I'm not sure how many points you get, but there is a spider champion high score list.

3 weeks later
#28 10 years ago

How do you get extra balls?
I know you get one after you hit a certain score, but is there any other way?

#29 10 years ago

First one is after you defeat all the villains once.

#30 10 years ago

I just got the black in it's new spot friday, still dialing it in right now to my liking

image-563.jpgimage-563.jpg
#31 10 years ago

I sold my minty SM to get ST. I will get back into Spidey via the black for sure when I see one locally.

#32 10 years ago

Or I'm thinking of selling a red if your interested haha

#33 10 years ago

Just got mine. Loving it.

SM-739.jpgSM-739.jpg
2 months later
#34 9 years ago

Just picked one of these up in a trade. Switched over to LEDs, BAC slingshot plastics, speaker light kit, red dmd filter, and pinbits blue webbed protectors. Still have a few more mods left, but am LOVING this game. My first Stern and I'm ready for more lol. Thanks to Pinsider Reddog, as this was my second transaction with him and he is always great to deal with.
.image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#35 9 years ago

how do you tell the difference between a 2007 and 2010 SM? Thanks

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

They usually have a manufacturing date on the back. Some of the 2010 have black webbed rails.
You also could compare serial numbers on the internet pinball serial number database.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Plastic apron and pegs on the 2010 version?

2 weeks later
#38 9 years ago

thanks for the information

5 months later
#39 9 years ago

SM gets a lot of praise on this forum but the club thread is dead. I got a question for fellow SM owners:

More and more on my SM when I shoot the left ramp the ball whips around and instead of dropping into the wireform return it goes over the Venom ramp and hits the Venom spotlight. I have to assume other SM owners have seen this. Any tips on how to prevent it?

#40 9 years ago

Check to make sure your ramp is not lose at the base.
It sounds like the ball is getting airborne off something.
I don't think it's ever done that on mine.

#41 9 years ago

The wire gate at the top might be bent as well.

#42 9 years ago

After a good wax, mine would go up the left ramp, whip around and fly off the ramp back to the flippers.

1 month later
#43 9 years ago

I just bought one of these. Likely the game I have almost bought the most but backed out of so many times. I think Tobey McGuire had a lot to do with that.

Anyway, couple questions:

1. The Doc Ock ring protector, has that lasted and stayed intact for those that have used it? I know Cliff has had issues with some of the rings on saucers not staying down, so curious to see if this stays in place.

2. The BAC buildings and train car. Do people that have these find that it boxes in the PF too much? It seems like it might do this to me, but the left side has so little going on there over that wire ramp that maybe it's worth it. Also, I head that attach in a wonky way, maybe this is not the case, but how do they attach?

3. I see the BAC sling plastics. They are better for sure, but are there any other alts out there? I recall seeing some other ones, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Fun game so far. Mine is HUO. It had an error when I picked it up for the sandman target bank down, that switch was not working, so it would go up and down searching. The guy told me that he hated how he had to try and time shooting the ball in there for when it was down haha. I said, it ain't supposed to work like that bud He said it was like that out of the box. Whatever, I'll figure it out, and he took $50 off.

I get home, shorted the switch connector, registered fine, good news. I shorted it at the switch lugs too, registered, so thinking bad micro switch. I then compared the down with the up switches, and lo and behold, the diode was backwards. Turned that around, and it's now 100%.

So it came factory with a reversed diode, and after 10 min, the machine is finally playing right after 5 years of life, which wasn't much anyway as the guy said he rarely played it - only machine he had.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

2. The BAC buildings and train car. Do people that have these find that it boxes in the PF too much? It seems like it might do this to me, but the left side has so little going on there over that wire ramp that maybe it's worth it. Also, I head that attach in a wonky way, maybe this is not the case, but how do they attach?

Hmmm, I will say the buildings on the left can block your view of the red and white inserts on the left orbit if you are tall like me. I have to crouch down to see if they are lit.

The buildings can also be a pain when you need to lift the play field. I also have the Hemi flasher kit on them, and it takes a couple minutes to disassemble them every time I want to lift the play field, as you can't lift it with them on.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Hmmm, I will say the buildings on the left can block your view of the red and white inserts on the left orbit if you are tall like me. I have to crouch down to see if they are lit.
The buildings can also be a pain when you need to lift the play field. I also have the Hemi flasher kit on them, and it takes a couple minutes to disassemble them every time I want to lift the play field, as you can't lift it with them on.

Hmm I was worried about that. I'm 6'3" so that sounds like an issue. My friend has these, so I might go and check them out first.

Just got to Super Hero today, but didn't beat it, 636m. I love the shots in this game.

6 months later
#46 8 years ago

Heres pics of mine. It is on route. I wanted the community to enjoy this baddass pin.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#47 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#48 8 years ago

I miss mine hope to get it back some day.

#49 8 years ago

Got my Stern SM about 3 months ago - at first wasn't really feeling the love and was looking to get rid of it - then I watched Bowen's hour long PAPA tutorial like 3 times and now I am addicted...

2 weeks later
#50 8 years ago

Well after 7-8 years of waiting, finally got my wife and self a SM on Saturday. We played one years ago right after is was released and my wife liked it a lot instantly. It was funny how at first some were kind of lukewarm to it, but then the ratings and reviews became stronger overall after awhile. We find a routed but one that cleaned up nicely for $4500 and have been playing it a lot. No major problems just needed a fuse to get the slingshots working and a few minor adjustments and lots of cleaning. Nice we happened to get if during a holiday (Labor Day) weekend. I'm kind of hoping she'll get on the high score board first as she doesn't have a lot of time to play pinball. Hooked a subwoofer up to it last night which is only the second pin I've done that with and really like the effects. What a great game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.