(Topic ID: 99875)

Club LED OCD, tips, tricks, thoughts, and advice. (www.ledocd.com products)

By Matt_Rasmussen

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 754 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by killborn
  • Topic is favorited by 141 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
SmartSelectImage_2023-11-05-19-46-59 (resized).png
SmartSelectImage_2023-11-05-19-47-41 (resized).png
BK LED OCD (resized).jpg
FAA79F1E-1D1C-4414-9102-509A0D969B8F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0324 (resized).JPG
20190224_191501 (resized).jpg
20190224_190626 (resized).jpg
20190224_190657 (resized).jpg
7D9CB8A6-BBE7-4797-A174-6D59424CDDC1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 9 years ago

Could someone tell me the dimensions of the Sys 11 LED OCD PCB please. I don't see any measurements on their website and I would like to do a mock install.

#64 9 years ago

Thank you sir! FYI... Sent you an email last night to put me on the wait list (if there is one) for the Sys11 PCB. We have a Pinball Show up here in Ottawa on Sept 12-13. It would be great to feature your product in my pin (F-14) for the show. I'm not sure if 10-11 days to get it to me is feasible though.

#67 9 years ago

One thing I trust is USPS and Canada Post and the relationship each of them have with each other.

Sorry, it was hard to not laugh while typing this garble ^^^^

I'm on the notification list. As soon as the website updates and allows me to purchase one I'll put the order in. Then I'll get on my knees and pray it makes it in time.

1 month later
#101 9 years ago

I finally installed my Sys11 LED OCD. I had grand plans of installing this mod before my pin attended a local show here in Ottawa, but alas… Two kids, 3 and 5, tend to get in the way of adult plans.

What: LED OCD - Williams System 11 installed into F-14 Tomcat
LEDs used: Comet 1 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS 5050 BULB
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm

My GI is still using standard incandescent bulbs. The underside of my PF has been completely converted to Comet LEDs. I chose the cheapest LEDs I could find. I chose Comet LEDs because they have never let me down and Art is just a great guy!

Anyway, I'm here to share now. I followed the online instructions and connected everything up. Then I powered up my F-14 Tomcat. My first impression was that my LEDs were dim. I expected this as I knew that the LED OCD board was set to 85% brightness as a default. The next thing I noticed was how smooth my LEDs were. The pin was in attract mode and every LED was so… uh, man it's hard to describe… fluid. The transition from on to off, from one LED to the next was smooth, seamless, flowing. The harshness off the LEDs was gone. To me, it was a very drastic, very positive change.

There wasn't a lot of room in the back of the backbox so I had to find another solution;

ocd1.jpgocd1.jpg
ocd2.jpgocd2.jpg
ocd3.jpgocd3.jpg

I have to say I am very happy with this product. The build quality is excellent. It looks great, it's simple to install, and even the small details like the pcb stand offs with plastic screw washer retainers are included in the kit. Awesome. I will report back after I play around with the software for a bit. I will then post my F-14 setup.

herg, I have full resolution photos taken vertically/horizontally if you would like them for your website sys11 install instructions.

#105 9 years ago

The USB port is on the left side so all I have to do it open the backbox and connect it through the space between the backbox door and backbox. It over an inch wide so it's not difficult to do.

I won't be leaving the USB cable connected up permanently as I don't see any reason to. Once the LEDs are set to my liking I won't be playing around with it. There is plenty of room if I ever change my mind though.

1 year later
#243 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

butter smooth

This should be the sales tagline for the LED OCD product line. Herg you need to trademark this quick!

4 months later
#277 7 years ago

herg, I recently noticed the FLIGHT INSURANCE insert on my F-14 ghosting on me. I'm using Comet 1 SMD LEDs. I can see it flickering while playing. It is very faint but definitely there. I don't recall it doing this before.

Every other LED seems to be functioning properly. This one seems to be the misfit. I don't know if it's been this way since the install or not. I only noticed it recently. What's the best way to troubleshoot this?

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

That insert isn't a flasher, is it?

Nah, it's a bulb. Even if it was a flasher I left all those incandescent.

Quoted from herg:

FLIGHT INSURANCE is on the lamp matrix, column 2, row 8, so it can be controlled by LED OCD. If you have found that it IS the lamp itself ghosting and not light leakage from another light source, here's some things to try.
1. Try to notice if it does it at the same time as some other action; a coil firing, a flasher, another lamps validly lighting.
2. Using the PC software, set the flight insurance lamp to a different profile, then set that profile to all zeros. At this point, the flight insurance lamp should stay off all the time. If not, you are either getting "true ghosting", or possibly crosstalk on the wires under the playfield.
3. Try going into manual mode in the PC software. This will turn off all the lamp matrix outputs, and it will eliminate the possibility of "true ghosting" because the adjacent lamps are not lighting.
If you can try those things and let me know the results, it would greatly narrow the possibilities.

Thanks for this. I wasn't sure where to start. I will try your 1. 2. 3. and report back.

8 months later
#431 7 years ago

Finally installed an LEDOCD into my WH2O. I can't get the software to run on my Windows 10 laptop. It fails to load the FTDI drivers. I Google'd around how to install them but it's a bit over my head.

Has anyone used the LEDOCD software on a Windows10 machine?

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yes, I have myself, as well as others. Have you connected the board to the PC and powered it? The drivers don't like to install correctly if the PC hasn't seen the FTDI part before.

Yes. I have the USB connected to the board and to the PC. Then I power up the pinball machine. I can see the TX RX leds on the board flashing but it doesn't see the drivers.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Try a different USB port. Do not use a USB3.0 port, as that has issues sometimes.

There are only two on my laptop. I tried them both. Same issue for both. FYI... This is the same laptop I used with the Sys11 LEDOCD board, but it has since been upgraded to Windows 10.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Try running the driver installer as Administrator? Right-click on the installer, then select "Run as Administrator".

When I right-click on the LEDOCD application and run as administrator I get the same error;

"Attemping to load FTD2XX.DLL from:
C:\Users\me\Desktop\LedOcd"

then...

"Failed to load FTD2XX.DLL. Are the FTDI drivers installed?"

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Run the driver installer, not the LED OCD app, as Administrator.

There isn't a driver installer included in the software download. Within the zip file are the following;

data
settings
FTD2XX_NET.dll
LedOcd

If I right-click on the .dll there is no Run... option.

I should also mention I'm under the Device Manager and looking through the USB controllers but I don't see it listed. It's not listed under the Ports section either.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The driver is a separate installer linked from the website.
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%20v2.12.00%20WHQL%20Certified.exe

I get a warning when I try to execute this, "Attempted execution of locally-detected malware". I'm on my work laptop and I'm sure it's just being overly cautious. I wish I had the option of running this on my MacBook, or my Android tablet.

I can try my wife's work laptop next.

[EDIT] Nope. Neither computer likes the .exe because of the dp-chooser.exe

What do I do now?

[EDIT2] Got it! I read through your troubleshooting guide. Your guide suggested a shorter USB cable. I had been using a shorter 3' one from my PS3 but it still wasn't working. I just happen to have another USB cable that's less than a foot long. I use it for an external HDD. I connected this one up and finally the drivers installed automatically!

Thank you for your help on this everyone, especially Herg!

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm glad you got it.
I'm not sure why the PS3 cable didn't work. 3 ft is not too long, by any means. I was talking about something like 15 ft. The ones I ship with kit are 6 ft, and I've never had a problem with those.

Yeah, I don't know why it didn't work either. After the driver installed I switched back to the 3 ft cable and everything was fine. I'm glad because I thought I was going to have to hold the laptop in mid-air as I made changes.

FYI... I noticed a few errors in the White Water flat file. I'll send you an updated one.

#450 7 years ago

I love this product! I don't know why I waited so long to install it. Order incoming for the WPC89 GI board!

4 weeks later
#452 7 years ago

I finally picked up my new GI OCD and installed it into my WH2O today. This is my first GI OCD, but I've bought 5 LED OCD in the past. I sometimes run into problems on the software setup (Mac user), but as far as installation goes I would consider myself an expert now.

Installing the GI OCD was just as easy as installing the LED OCD, maybe even easier as I opted for the 3D printed bracket. It fit like a glove and I had plenty of space for running the cables.

I powered up the pinball machine and had the proper LEDs on the PCB. Simple. I like that. I was able to connect with the software on my initial attempt and played around with the settings a bit, but ended up leaving them at the default settings.

I'm not familiar with all the GI dimming in this game so I'm not sure what I'm looking for or how all the different GI strings should work. I know that during MULTIBALL the GI is supposed to dim and then go back up to full brightness, but I am not aware of any other GI effects with White Water. If anyone knows of any other effects please enlighten me as I would like to get the most out of my GI OCD.

I would really appreciate it.

Two questions I have about the GI OCD for herg ;

1) Why is the default value for B8 set to 35%?
2) For Fade Delay Min/Max what are the measurements that values 3 and 10 represent? Seconds? Microseconds?

6 months later
#495 6 years ago

No problem with any of the boards I've ever received. I think I've order 7 of them now including a GI one. Excellent product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 218.00
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-led-ocd-tips-tricks-thoughts-and-advice?tu=fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.