(Topic ID: 99875)

Club LED OCD, tips, tricks, thoughts, and advice. (www.ledocd.com products)

By Matt_Rasmussen

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 754 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by killborn
  • Topic is favorited by 141 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
SmartSelectImage_2023-11-05-19-46-59 (resized).png
SmartSelectImage_2023-11-05-19-47-41 (resized).png
BK LED OCD (resized).jpg
FAA79F1E-1D1C-4414-9102-509A0D969B8F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0324 (resized).JPG
20190224_191501 (resized).jpg
20190224_190626 (resized).jpg
20190224_190657 (resized).jpg
7D9CB8A6-BBE7-4797-A174-6D59424CDDC1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boiler415.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 9 years ago

I just picked up an LED OCD board for my Spiderman. The guy I bought the SM from put in standard CT 2 SMD bulbs in the whole game and many of them ghosted badly. I love how the board has eliminated the ghosting.

I am having an issue that I can't seem to figure out. All the bulbs are the same standard bulbs. A lot of the inserts have a nice ramp and look like traditional bulbs. However, other inserts flash at double the speed they should and don't have the nice ramp. I've messed around with the delay and ramping pattern and nothing seems to change the fact that they go through the ramp procedure twice as fast. The worst offenders are the red and white spider inserts under Doc Ock, the Extra Ball insert, the H-E-R-O inserts, and all of the center hero/villian mode inserts. Anyone have any ideas?

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Have you tried the procedure at the bottom of this page?
http://ledocd.com/usage_led.html

Yep, I tried that. Overall the light is just brighter at the beginning of the ramp, as you'd expect. The lamp still runs through the ramp cycle twice as fast as the others.

Edit: I played around with the settings some more, then set them back to default. Now the game operates as it should while playing a game. I put in the ramp pattern you recommended for the white spider inserts and the villians and it took care of the strobing.

However, my original issue is still present only during attract mode. It isn't a huge deal but it does look kind of funny.

#184 9 years ago

My settings are all on the default level 7 except for the villain inserts and the white spiders, which are on the custom ramp you have posted on your website. If I use the stern menu lamp tests, all lamps behave normally. They also behave normally during gameplay. It's only attract mode. Since I feel you might ask, it didn't act like this before I installed the LED OCD board.

If this becomes too much of a hassle I'll just let it ride as-is. I appreciate your assistance and am very happy overall with the purchase of the board.

#186 9 years ago

It appears that the ramp up/ ramp down cycle on these lights is running twice as fast as it should. I get two flashes of peak brightness on some inserts during attract mode for every one hit of peak on the majority of inserts. They ramp up and ramp down, but at twice the speed. Again, this is only during attract mode and not during gameplay.

Most of my lights are: 7 LED 85% 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 85 2
I have changed the villians and white spiders to: 40 48 48 60 75 75 90 100 3

1 week later
#189 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Rather than continue to tie up this thread, I'm going to send you a PM. Basically, I'm not sure what you're seeing at the moment, and the questions I'm asking are an attempt to narrow the problem down.

To wrap up my issue, after watching some video of other SMs in attract mode, those lights just flash twice as fast as other insert lights. This was not an issue with the LED OCD board. Thanks for the support, Herg!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 45.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boiler415.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-led-ocd-tips-tricks-thoughts-and-advice?tu=boiler415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.