New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 99875)

Club LED OCD, tips, tricks, thoughts, and advice. (www.ledocd.com products)

By Matt_Rasmussen

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 43 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0324 (resized).JPG
20190224_191501 (resized).jpg
20190224_190626 (resized).jpg
20190224_190657 (resized).jpg
7D9CB8A6-BBE7-4797-A174-6D59424CDDC1 (resized).jpeg
DF34377F-63EB-4870-B206-89F438B52072 (resized).jpeg
A07E1277-7860-4047-B4F4-B6116034843B (resized).jpeg
B3905C54-E9E0-488A-88F4-1EB2A9D15E39 (resized).jpeg
89C91BCD-620A-4F78-BCEA-720FBB9920CA (resized).jpeg
D87101CD-C7AB-4D64-A8A5-6B80E8FB3B1D (resized).jpeg
ironman (resized).png
FullSizeRender (resized).jpg

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 4 months ago
Quoted from herg:

The family's napping, so I had a little more time to work on the blinkers. I have a solution, but it's no cakewalk. I disassembled some LEDs and added capacitors to the inside. Since there was a bridge inside of them, I didn't need the diode any longer, just the capacitor. They're the ones from Comet, so I'm not sure about others.
These are bayonet blinkers, so they're more work than the wedge would be.
1. Desolder the bottom contact.
[quoted image]
2. Break loose the glue holding the metal base on the bottom and remove it.
[quoted image]
3. Break loose the glue holding the white plastic ring from the small PCB and remove it.
[quoted image]
4. This is a 1uF surface mount ceramic capacitor in an 0805 package. It is just the right width to be able to reach the DC output pins of the bridge.
[quoted image]
5. Solder it in place.
[quoted image]
6. Reassemble everything, using glue to secure everything again. Sorry, no pictures of this step.
I modified six of them and put them in my TZ with GI OCD. I can now drop the brightness down to 1% and the blinkers still blink.
As you can see, however, it's a bunch of tedious work.

Did this with my cointaker flashers, so far so good

#702 4 months ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Hello,
Can anyone with Ingo's clock board *and* a GI OCD board in their Twilight Zone help please?
I've finally got my TZ clock connected again after 2yrs (!) of restoring this machine and I'm running a GI dim 0-8 test but the stock white clock LEDs are not dimming as i was expecting them to.
I know there's a brightness dial on the clockboard, but haven't investigated this yet... it's the final v1.9 Clock board.
GI OCD board is set to dim the clock GI string, and all other playfield/backbox GI dims nicely with the Comet 2SMDs.
Thanks.

Mentioned before, it works good on my machine. (Though, the range of brightness isn't as great on the clock board as the GI string.

1 month later
#703 75 days ago

Greetings everyone, hope everyone is doing great and staying safe.

New to the OCD boards, got an LED AND GI ordered and haven’t gone through this entire thread yet so apologies if this is already documented somewhere, but if the Dropbox is still open that houses the config\profiles, could someone add me?

I sent a message to Matt but see by his activity that he hasn’t been here since April so I figured I’d ask since everybody added should be an admin?

Just send me a message and I’ll provide my Dropbox email.

Thanks

#704 75 days ago
Quoted from ED-209:

Greetings everyone, hope everyone is doing great and staying safe.
New to the OCD boards, got an LED AND GI ordered and haven’t gone through this entire thread yet so apologies if this is already documented somewhere, but if the Dropbox is still open that houses the config\profiles, could someone add me?
I sent a message to Matt but see by his activity that he hasn’t been here since April so I figured I’d ask since everybody added should be an admin?
Just send me a message and I’ll provide my Dropbox email.
Thanks

The profiles give names to the settings, they do not adjust the game, but they are really spot on in general without any adjustments needed.

However there are a couple adjustments to the settings one can make on the OCD board, something like enabling all 5 strings.

here are the profiles:

http://ledocd.com/software/ledocd_data/

#705 75 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The profiles give names to the settings, they do not adjust the game, but they are really spot on in general without any adjustments needed.
However there are a couple adjustments to the settings one can make on the OCD board, something like enabling all 5 strings.
here are the profiles:
http://ledocd.com/software/ledocd_data/

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help and the feedback in my other thread. All that’s left is placing my order at Comet oh yeah and finishing my restore LOL

#706 75 days ago
Quoted from ED-209:

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help and the feedback in my other thread. All that’s left is placing my order at Comet oh yeah and finishing my restore LOL

Youre welcome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside