DSC01409 (resized).JPG
DSC01435 (resized).JPG
DSC01358 (resized).JPG
DSC01386 (resized).JPG
DSC01387 (resized).JPG
DSC01368 (resized).JPG
DSC01458 (resized).JPG
IMG_9725 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 1 year ago

Just picked a really nice Barb Wire. System 3 games are all pretty good. It's not very deep, but it's a fun shooting game with lots going on. Sometimes, deep codes sucks all the fun out of a game.

#104 1 year ago

In my spare time I have been shopping out my new to me game. It is beginning to look pretty good. Nothing was missing, broken or cracked.

20230219_125800 (resized).jpg20230219_125800 (resized).jpg
#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Nice!
Man, I wish they would have made that target bank on the right drop down or something. The lens toy is so useless and dumb. So much wasted space.

Yeah, the "lens thing" is odd. How Gottlieb put it together was even more odd. It doesn't bug me though. Part of the Gottlieb charm I guess.

#108 1 year ago

Barb Wire is back together and looking good! Now I am just waiting for my PBR package to arrive with the correct flippers bats.

20230222_191057 (resized).jpg20230222_191057 (resized).jpg
#112 1 year ago

Rest easy Gottlieb fans. The OEM flippers have been re-installed.

20230224_164900 (resized).jpg20230224_164900 (resized).jpg
#113 1 year ago

I've got a Barb Wire question. When I got my game, the captive ball chamber had two balls in it. It was super easy to score with two balls. The manual illustration only shows one ball in the chamber so that is what I went with. The shot is still very feasible but less easy. Was there some sort of a service bulletin that came out after the fact? How many balls are other owners running in the captive ball chamber?

#114 1 year ago

Anyone out there willing to count their captive balls?

#117 1 year ago

I am declaring victory on Barb Wire. It is now 100% LED and really pops because of it. I went ahead and swapped all the coil sleeves, too. The game still has its original battery. The current game count is 4600. The cabinet is amazingly clean. I think this will be a keeper. The last photo is a before shot. Everything else shown is post shop job.

20230304_140010 (resized).jpg20230304_140010 (resized).jpg20230304_140033 (resized).jpg20230304_140033 (resized).jpg20230304_164203 (resized).jpg20230304_164203 (resized).jpg20230304_164213 (resized).jpg20230304_164213 (resized).jpg20230304_164220 (resized).jpg20230304_164220 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#119 10 months ago

This is for anyone on the fence for getting a Barb Wire. My collection consists of both pins and arcades. Most of them are at my larger vacaton house. I keep about 1/3 of them at my primary residence and switch them out to keep the selection fresh. That being said, I had a couple people over last night and Barb Wire was played the most. That night it beat out Elvira HoH, Star Gazer and Halloween. All those titles are worth much more value wise. The arcades were barely touched. Gottlieb System 3 games really appeal to the casual player.

4 months later
#126 5 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So seven years ago I had the idea to try and make an alternative translight and cards for my Barbwire. I always liked the Dark Horse comic Barbwire series and wanted to get rid of the tacky 'Pam' translight that came stock from factory. Well I finally found the time to get around to it and a fellow pinsider helped me design a new alternative translight for Barbwire that turned out fantastic! We went back and forth on design elements(lots of emails) and added some personal elements to make it special. I wanted her to appear like she is in an 1980's bar for the background and I love the pin up style art. We also made an alternative version that is closer to original art as well. I am so stoked and had a great time making it. It really transforms the game and makes it pop with the new translight and cards. If you are interested in transforming your Barbwire I can put you in touch with the Pinsider who helped me out.
-Enjoy
This is the Dark Horse cover I based alternative art off of and before and after pics...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's pretty cool. How does it look with the flashers behind it? The flasher placement in the backbox light board is very specific to the Pam Anderson translite.

2 months later
#133 3 months ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Well finished up the shop on this one. Made it hard. Put TOTAN posts around Big Fatso to make that shot a little harder. Took the center post out. Put in Sys1 coil stops on the flippers (which is an aboslute must for all my Sys3 DMD games now). Really fun to shooting layout! Still figuring out what the semblance of rules look like.
A few small things. Should the auto fire launcher make it up the rear ramp or should it fail to make it that far up and just get kicked out of the right hole?
Nothing reports stuck in switch test but something is making the "SHQURUUUUUUUSHOWS" rocket launcher sound (at least I'm ASSUMING that's whta that is) go off a lot. Any ideas?[quoted image]

The game looks great. Auto launch fails to make it up the ramp by design.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
£ 2.50
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-barbwire-welcome-to-steel-harbor?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.